Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dublin v Kildare

Go down 
+37
micky murphy
lillyboy
Ogie
Shergar
totalgaa
stanley
Caprea
Bad News Baba
OutTheGap
kildarecat
Ohtoohtobe
murof
teedee
Onhisboot
jim
inexile
tomoneillandhissisteranne
kildaregaa365
Jimmy winning matches
LillieLad
kickingking
if_in_doubt
Kildare98
johnsmyth
win_draw_win
Westside
Rex
Gaa1928
SeamusMurphy
jj
Taibi
shoeshine
shoutitout
Stonecold
MD
topcat
flourman
41 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

Dublin v Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Dublin v Kildare   Dublin v Kildare Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 10:41 pm

Anybody any idea how Club Kildare members go about tickets for this game? Usually would have received a text by now to order the tickets?
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

Dublin v Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Kildare   Dublin v Kildare Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 12:41 am

Not answering your question (sorry)..

Dubs have Alan Brogan, Rory O'Carroll and Paul Flynn available again for Saturday - just our luck.

Not sure what I think of this match yet - reading the other thread it's all doom and gloom and the likelihood is that camp will be proven right again on Saturday night based on last years performances against the Dubs.
Presumably losing even while competitive won't be enough for most on here but I'd like to see us give the Dubs a similar rattle to the one we gave Tyrone and Mayo and the one Meath gave Dublin in the Leinster final. That for me will be progress. Of course I dream of an unliky win but I fear cork's win last week end lessens the chances of the Dubs being caught on the hop.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

Dublin v Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Kildare   Dublin v Kildare Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 2:24 am

flourman

ring the office in Hawkfield
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

Dublin v Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Kildare   Dublin v Kildare Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 2:26 am

Thanks Kelf
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Dublin v Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Kildare   Dublin v Kildare Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 2:39 am

Season tickets were given out to members before the first league game. I presume that's why no texts have been sent.

There has been no contact or update since the change over which is poor. Do they really want people to give them money or are they making it as hard as possible.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

Dublin v Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Kildare   Dublin v Kildare Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 3:32 am

Season Ticket will not get you into Croker / you need an actual ticket - which normally comes from Hawfield.
Back to top Go down
tomoneillandhissisteranne
All-Star
All-Star

Dublin v Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Kildare   Dublin v Kildare Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 3:55 am

I was super critical of the endgame (literally) against Tyrone but would be hoping we run Dublin very close on Saturday night. Knowing Kildare, this might even be the very game where they turn everything (including the supporters) on its head! We live in hope.
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

Dublin v Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Kildare   Dublin v Kildare Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 6:30 am

Looking forward to this one, we seem to have adopted an all out attack mentality so another shoot out is on the cards. For a long time now we have been wondering where the scores would come from, now its the opposite. Its much easier on the eye but jaysus a lot harder on the nerves
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

Dublin v Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Kildare   Dublin v Kildare Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 9:36 am

Dublin obviously the favourites but there's no reason we can't win this game. They won't have as strong a line-up as they did for the two games last year.
Time to stand up and prove we're better than those two absolute nightmares last season.
Back to top Go down
johnsmyth
Intercounty
Intercounty

Dublin v Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Kildare   Dublin v Kildare Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 10:23 am

Normally I'd try to have a positive outlook but can't see Dublin making the mistakes they made last week and cork were as error free as they could possibly be and won by 2. Kevin Mcmanemen could have had Dublin cruising in the first half and will take some marking. The dubs have serious firepower and are better defensively than Tyrone. It would be good to give them something to think about though and if Oconnor gets the right ball he could be a handful. Our kick outs are still criminal at times what has to happen before the danger of chipping the ball to the 45 yard line is highlighted and dealt with.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Dublin v Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Kildare   Dublin v Kildare Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 9:43 pm

FYI.. PP Betting.. Dublin 1/4, Kildare 7/2.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

Dublin v Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Kildare   Dublin v Kildare Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 11:42 pm

Having been in Croke Park Saturday, Dubs weren't overly iompressive, similar to us, their full back line is there for the taking. I reckon they won't be as profligate against us as they were against Cork (they never are!!). From the way we have set up so far this year, it looks like our plan may well be to engage in a shootout with them!! Whether this is a good idea or not only time will tell. It may well work this weekend as they are down 4 of their starting forwards from the All-Ireland Final in, Connolly, Andrews, Brogan and Mannion, Dean Rock who came on that day is also absent, I know we are short as well, it should be a high scoring game Saturday night as most of the league games this year have been.
Back to top Go down
Westside
Intercounty
Intercounty

Dublin v Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Kildare   Dublin v Kildare Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 12:36 am

topcat wrote:
Having been in Croke Park Saturday, Dubs weren't overly iompressive, similar to us, their full back line is there for the taking. I reckon they won't be as profligate against us as they were against Cork (they never are!!). From the way we have set up so far this year, it looks like our plan may well be to engage in a shootout with them!! Whether this is a good idea or not only time will tell. It may well work this weekend as they are down 4 of their starting forwards from the All-Ireland Final in, Connolly, Andrews, Brogan and Mannion, Dean Rock who came on that day is also absent, I know we are short as well, it should be a high scoring game Saturday night as most of the league games this year have been.

Add Paul Flynn too that list. Its a great chance to beat them given the players they are missing.
Back to top Go down
teedee
Junior A
Junior A

Dublin v Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Kildare   Dublin v Kildare Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 3:00 am

this is some match to have after the disappointing finish to the game on sunday. we played so well for 69 mins and no matter how bad we felt leaving newbridge, the players would have felt much worse. so what an opportunity to bounce back 6 days later. i know the players cant wait and neither can i.theres never a bad dublin team and like ourselves, everyone is playing for championship places. i know the bookies dont give us a chance but we want to beat the dubs so bad i can really see us goin close. i know it was only an o byrne cup final in parnell park last yr but it was a super game of football and a great victory over our big rivals with so many young lads blooded. its something similar on saturday and im sure the lads who played in that game will pass on how good the feeling is to beat the dubs, especially with 2 badly needed pts at stake. bring it on
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

Dublin v Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Kildare   Dublin v Kildare Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 4:24 am

Paul Flynn will be playing Saturday night I think. That is just judging from Gavin's comments yesterday, given how poor their full back line has been if O Carrol can walk he will line out full back. The fact they reckon he has TOC's number means they will be desperate for him to line out.
Back to top Go down
MD
All-Star
All-Star
MD

Dublin v Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Kildare   Dublin v Kildare Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 12:07 am

Cannot see us winning this one if im honest but I would hope for a similar performance that we showed for most of last Sunday.. If we can try keep it somewhat tight at the back then we have a chance as Dublins full back line is there for the taking.. Looking forward to this game..
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

Dublin v Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Kildare   Dublin v Kildare Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 12:37 am

Doomed, doomed I tell ya and I won't hear another word about it....... realistically 4 points from remaining 4 matches which will keep us in Div 1. Doomed, sky is falling, not getting out of bed for the next year, giving up this forum for lent, maybe others should join me
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

Dublin v Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Kildare   Dublin v Kildare Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 12:39 am

That's the problem with foresight, most people don't bother with it.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Dublin v Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Kildare   Dublin v Kildare Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 1:25 am

With Dublin missing a few key players and the extra motivation we have from last year, we should put it up them. They might still edge it but hopefully we can put in an improved display (wouldn't be hard etc). Both teams focus on attack and are vulnerable at the back so could be another high scoring affair on the cards.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

Dublin v Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Kildare   Dublin v Kildare Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 3:17 am

I think the bottom line is that if we can beat Kerry and Westmeath in Newbridge we will stay in Div 1.
Back to top Go down
Westside
Intercounty
Intercounty

Dublin v Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Kildare   Dublin v Kildare Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 4:25 am

Gaa1928 wrote:
I think the bottom line is that if we can beat Kerry and Westmeath in Newbridge we will stay in Div 1.

Kerry can beat anyone on their day, I definitely wouldnt be banking on a win there.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

Dublin v Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Kildare   Dublin v Kildare Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 4:33 am

We're well capable of taking points up in Derry too. I am confident we will be ok.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

Dublin v Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Kildare   Dublin v Kildare Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 5:20 am

kickingking wrote:
We're well capable of taking points up in Derry too. I am confident we will be ok.

Agree with this. We shouldn't have anything to fear going up to Derry. There's all to play for in all 4 games and trying to bring it all down to two "must win" games ignores the vagaries of league football.

Last time I looked we were 5th in the table with arguably the 3 weakest opponents to come once we've played the Dubs. While I wouldn't rule out a win on Sat night ( I do view it as unlikely), if we can avoid a mauling and keep our points difference tight there's no reason in my mind we can't find 2 wins out of the final 3 games. Even a win and a draw might suffice.

I personally haven't given up on a semi final place - Mayo snuck in with 8 points last year if I recall. Too much negativity on here.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

Dublin v Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Kildare   Dublin v Kildare Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 8:10 am

Mayo got in with 6 last year, themselves Kerry and Cork all finished on 6 points!
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

Dublin v Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Kildare   Dublin v Kildare Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 9:30 am

I stand corrected - better still then
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dublin v Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Kildare   Dublin v Kildare Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dublin v Kildare
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next