Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dublin v Kildare

Go down 
+37
micky murphy
lillyboy
Ogie
Shergar
totalgaa
stanley
Caprea
Bad News Baba
OutTheGap
kildarecat
Ohtoohtobe
murof
teedee
Onhisboot
jim
inexile
tomoneillandhissisteranne
kildaregaa365
Jimmy winning matches
LillieLad
kickingking
if_in_doubt
Kildare98
johnsmyth
win_draw_win
Westside
Rex
Gaa1928
SeamusMurphy
jj
Taibi
shoeshine
shoutitout
Stonecold
MD
topcat
flourman
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
jim
All-Star
All-Star

Dublin v Kildare - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Kildare   Dublin v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 7:58 am

Regardless of tonight's result I agree with Roli
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Kildare   Dublin v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 7:58 am

Awful stuff again to be honest, very dour and laboured performance from us. I wouldn't be as critical as TK, there were a few positives, but then again we don't all have an agenda against Jason Ryan.

We missed five clear goal scoring chances, McNally the most guilty, he needs to be a bit cuter in those situations. Defence was all at sea yet again, particularly in the first half. McGrillen's form is worrying, another nightmare from him, surely he has to be dropped now. Foley not far behind. Lots of misplaced hand passes. Cannot believe we didn't use TOC more, he had the beating of his man all night long but we were too hesitant in giving him the ball. We seemed very reluctant to kick pass in the full forward line. Kick outs again were all over the place. Connolly is not Cluxton, he/Ryan needs to realise this.

On the positive side of things I thought we done well in the majority of the second half, we got a strangle hold in midfield after been wiped out in the first. The two Conways did very when they came in. Fergal mopped up a lot of ball and coped well on his man. Mikey's passing was top notch and kicked a nice point. He still has a lot to offer Kildare in my opinion. Thought Keith Cribbin did well after his surprise inclusion. Tommy Moolick was very good, he's improving every game. Mulhall kicked some nice scores after missing two handy enough frees at the start.

A must win game at home against Kerry next weekend. I think we'll have enough to stay up, barely.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Kildare   Dublin v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 8:07 am

Taibi wrote:
Awful stuff again to be honest, very dour and laboured performance from us. I wouldn't be as critical as TK, there were a few positives, but then again we don't all have an agenda against Jason Ryan.

Ah yes, this is what Kildare football has been reduced to. Give your arch-rivals a training exercise, be wiped off the pitch by 10 points, to the extent where Kevin MacManoman was laughing at our players on the way off, but saying that is utter muck is an agenda. Then again, after an annihilation you've found more positives than negatives. Seems to me, one blown victory and one hammering has a lot of people on here feeling great and seeing a county on the up. And I've an agenda???
Back to top Go down
Onhisboot
Intercounty
Intercounty
Onhisboot

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Kildare   Dublin v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 8:18 am

I didn't see it but heard the kfm commentary, and from the sounds of it we coughed up possession an alarming number of times and Dublin seemed to score at will. very disappointing that we did not take the game to them. o'grady and mulhall two positives
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Kildare   Dublin v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 8:32 am

Awful performance tonight - beaten before we went out. A number of players afraid of their shite - tempted to name them but you all saw it. Not better but probably not worse than last year but at the same time Dublin had a pretty weak team out. Demoralising. We badly need to find some defenders but we've been saying that since Cork in 2012. The two senior defenders are totally off the pace. No apologies from me tonight - you can't compare that surrender to the performances against Mayo or Tyrone. Complete mental barrier for that team playing Dublin in Croke Park.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Kildare   Dublin v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 8:35 am

I really don't know where to start, maybe it's best I leave it until tomorrow when my head is a little clearer.

Eitherways I think my comments will lead to me being accused of having an agenda.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Kildare   Dublin v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 8:37 am

Walter White wrote:
I really don't know where to start, maybe it's best I leave it until tomorrow when my head is a little clearer.

Eitherways I think my comments will lead to me being accused of having an agenda.

Funny, not matter how right you were or how bad Kildare were, the other half are now so entrenched they cannot see or refuse to admit reality. It's Irish politics at its very worst. But don't want same row. Posted my points and some key questions on previous page that aren't trying to reduce it to the usual so let's avoid the tit for tat and focus on that...
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Kildare   Dublin v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 8:51 am

Gave the ball away far to much, hit a lot of hopefully passes, when we did open them up and we did it quite often we didn't take the chances. Every Dublin player was able and willing to take on their man and go past, they played at an intensity we just could not live with. All of these can be addressed but I think it will take a lot of soul searching
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Kildare   Dublin v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 8:51 am

What revelations are you telling us that we don't already know? Poor defending, poor passing, giving away possession, poor kickout startegy etc etc. Dublin are All-Ireland champions for a reason, didn't feel we rolled over like we did last year. Still think we will stay up but Tommy/Baba et al your time is now crow away
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Kildare   Dublin v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 8:53 am

I don't think you have an agenda Tommy but you definitely have an obsession which is not healthy for you or for this forum. Maybe the reality is that our decline in 2011 coincided with the emergence of 2 top managers in Gilroy and Gavin who finally managed to get the best out of Dublin.
We couldn't beat Dublin under McGeeney when we were at our best in 09-11 with an extra man so why is it such a surprise that they are well ahead of us now.
I think with the new players we have and a few defenders to come back we will improve but not enough to challenge Dublin this year. That's also the likely outcome for most counties in Leinster this year.
Maybe Roli would be better off staying in Kildare and helping club and county than delivering pearls of wisdom on telly after a few months in the football fortress of Waterford!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Kildare   Dublin v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 8:59 am

murof wrote:

Maybe Roli would be better off staying in Kildare and helping club and county than delivering pearls of wisdom on telly after a few months in the football fortress of Waterford!

There you go.

Last edited by Walter White on Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Kildare   Dublin v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 9:06 am

Walter White wrote:
murof wrote:

There you go.
You missed the exclamation mark at the end Walter, wasn't meant to be serious!!!!
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Kildare   Dublin v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 9:09 am

I'll have a stab at a couple of those TK:

1. What players have actually improved from last season?
- Mick O'Grady, Paddy Brophy, Kevin Murnaghan, Feargal Conway, Tommy Moolick, Cathal NcNally, Tomas O'Connor, Padraig Fogarty, Darroch Mulhall ( including those who are doing well in their first season of inter county)

2. What players have regressed hugely?
- Mick Foley, Hugh McGrillen

3. While we score more, we concede awfully, so has the gameplan progressed or were we better off as a whole then? - We're just different for me. We played some awful stuff last year ( Dublin*2, Tyrone, Down, Louth). This year we've been better in midfield and attack (although not a whole lot tonight) and have a weak back line not helped by critical absentees and form of Foley and McGrillen.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Kildare   Dublin v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 9:10 am

Walter White's new sig - "I think Kildare's loss is clearly Armagh's gain"

And you don't have an agenda? Pull the other FFS.

As your buddy TK said, pathetic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Kildare   Dublin v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 9:10 am

murof wrote:

You missed the exclamation mark at the end Walter, wasn't meant to be serious!!!!

Was thinking that 14 years of service to Kildare including but not limited to a County leinster title, 5 county titles, a Leinster club title and being secretary of the GPA would make Roli's opinion hold a little more weight than some little upstart like you to come out with a statement like that, but as you say you didn't mean it.
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Kildare   Dublin v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 9:11 am

You think I take pleasure in seeing my County being humiliated. You think I get pleasure in any of this debacle. I abhor what's happening. The problem is I knew it was coming. I see things as they are not as I want them to be.
I have said it at least twenty times on here, you change for improvement, not out of some personal gain or agenda. There are lads in this County will be delighted with the way things are going. The will get their club championship early and think it's a job done well.
In the meantime the County is a laughing stock on and off the pitch and yet no one needs to resign or try something different.

The results are worse than last year. This is undeniable. Thus there is no improvement. Some lads will say " we are scoring more" unfortunately our defence is the worst I've seen it in 25 years of watching Kildare. We have no obvious system of play, we again look for unfit, we have certain players who see a blue jersey and instead of wanting to tear it to pieces want to bring it home to their mother.

The year is effectively done now. We may survive, we probably won't. We may get to a Leinster semi, where we will get beat. Hell we may make the final where once again we will shit our pants and Dublin will walk of the field laughing at us again. A run in the qualifiers is beyond us.

We are done stick a fork in us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Kildare   Dublin v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 9:14 am

Taibi wrote:

Taibi, what in your opinion is my agenda?
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Kildare   Dublin v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 9:21 am

Crofter wrote:
I'll have a stab at a couple of those TK:

1. What players have actually improved from last season?
- Mick O'Grady, Paddy Brophy, Kevin Murnaghan, Feargal Conway, Tommy Moolick, Cathal NcNally, Tomas O'Connor, Padraig Fogarty, Darroch Mulhall ( including those who are doing well in their first season of inter county)

2. What players have regressed hugely?
- Mick Foley, Hugh McGrillen

3. While we score more, we concede awfully, so has the gameplan progressed or were we better off as a whole then? -  We're just different for me. We played some awful stuff last year ( Dublin*2, Tyrone, Down, Louth). This year we've been better in midfield and attack (although not a whole lot tonight) and have a weak back line not helped by critical absentees and form of Foley and McGrillen.

That's the best post in my opinion, sums it up well. I wish I could see us improve enough to compete with Dublin but they seem to have a conveyor belt of young footballers who fit seamlessly into the game plan. It looks like 09 was a missed opportunity to win a Leinster, 18 points from play and still lost with an extra man.
And no this is not a dig at the then manager but a genuine feeling that that was one we should have won. When will we get another chance?
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Kildare   Dublin v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 9:23 am

Walter White wrote:
Taibi wrote:

Taibi, what in your opinion is my agenda?

Your agenda is against Jason Ryan. You called the man a traitor after he accepted the Kildare job.

I'll be saying nothing more about the Armagh selector on here. I couldn't give a shit what he does with them to be honest.

Time to move on.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Kildare   Dublin v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 9:32 am

Stonecold wrote:
What revelations are you telling us that we don't already know? Poor defending, poor passing, giving away possession, poor kickout startegy etc etc. Dublin are All-Ireland champions for a reason, didn't feel we rolled over like we did last year. Still think we will stay up but Tommy/Baba et al your time is now crow away

Revelation being that in the best years of the first five year cycle we were competing with that and potential All Ireland champions and so, so close. But bad top and tail despite average underage structure and terrible history wasn't good enough for a majority in the county and what are their ambitions now exactly? Building again? Well we were building under a man that got us so, so close and who had a better building year. They said that cycle wasn't good enough, we will have better. Well sorry to burst some big f**king bubbles...

Last edited by TommyKeegan on Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:40 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Kildare   Dublin v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 9:35 am

murof wrote:
I don't think you have an agenda Tommy but you definitely have an obsession which is not healthy for you or for this forum. Maybe the reality is  that our decline in 2011 coincided with the emergence of 2 top managers in Gilroy and Gavin who finally managed to get the best out of Dublin.
We couldn't beat Dublin under McGeeney when we were at our best in 09-11 with an extra man so why is it such a surprise that they are well ahead of us now.
I think with the new players we have and a few defenders to come back we will improve but not enough to challenge Dublin this year. That's also the likely outcome for most counties in Leinster this year.

We had a top manager and were going places. We were so close to the best in 2010-11 in particular. But our underage structure and lack of conveyor belt made it impossible not to have transition years. But in a county of amazing success, not enough. We warned you and we warned there'd be weeks like this. Hate to say we were right and do wish something happens to prove us wrong, but this is just reaping what you sow. And as Baba says, there's a feeling on here we just love McGeeney, hope Ryan fails, want to see Kildare in the dark ages and snigger. Well for the record, I'd love nothing more than Armagh to be relegated, lose in Ulster and their first qualifier, Kildare to win an All Ireland, Jason Ryan to have a statue erected, everyone on here to ridicule us as you celebrate and we celebrate and so on. You really think we are enjoying this? It's just that we warned everyone, were told to shut up and now we interject and are told to shut it again. Read that sentence and maybe you'll see who'd best keep quiet.
Back to top Go down
teedee
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Kildare   Dublin v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 9:44 am

as bad as we were, and we were so terrible at times.i'll just mention the difference in kickouts. once again, dublin take the 50/50 out of play by players moving at all times, making it easy for cluxton to pick out someone, even though he takes too long at times considering his options and should be pulled up by the ref, but if you get away with it , why not? he can find his man without floating the ball in the air,giving the opposition a chance to intercept. thats where most of the dublin possesion comes from.look at connollys kick outs? if their not hanging in the air waiting to be intercepted, their put straight down the middle giving us less than 50/50 chance or kicked near or over the sideline.i just feel that without a dermot early type high fielder in our midfield 2, we should be working more on perfecting our kickouts to as close to the level of cluxton as we possibly can. as i said in an earlier post, the more we have the ball, the less chance they have of scoring. dublin had 41 shots at goal.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Kildare   Dublin v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 9:51 am

Yes Tommy we were going places in 2010 but had peaked in 11. You say "But our underage structure and lack of conveyor belt made it impossible not to have transition years."
But on another thread you claimed that McGeeney's influence had seeped down into all grades. He was in charge in at the end of 07 so that was a long time for his influence to seep through surely?
Appreciate your efforts to debate the issues honestly and you don't resort to insults like 2 others on here. However I had a horrible sinking feeling after the 2010 Down match that our chance had come and gone, same as I had in 00 against Galway. We don't get too many chances and I may argue on here but just don't get too animated anymore. Hopefully I will again soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Kildare   Dublin v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 9:53 am

Taibi wrote:

Your agenda is against Jason Ryan. You called the man a traitor after he accepted the Kildare job.

I'll be saying nothing more about the Armagh selector on here. I couldn't give a shit what he does with them to be honest.

Time to move on.

As a Kildare man who let me point out has been following Kildare a lot longer than you and to further fields, much further than Croke Park on a Saturday evening.

And beyond Senior football too might I add. And my support is not limited to being present in person on the terrace but supporting them financially which is probably more beneficial.

You believe I want to see Jason Ryan fail?
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Kildare   Dublin v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 10:01 am

poor performance tonight with very few emerging with any credit. no worse than last year but we must aspire to more than that. i refuse to accept that genetically we are inferior so at some stage it comes down manning up and getting on with it. next week presents another chance to redeem themselves that's the beauty of football, lets hope we can take it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Kildare   Dublin v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dublin v Kildare
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next