Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Club Kildare

Go down 
+21
Clubman
Anyonebutthedubs
Ryan legendary
FlourBag_1
Taibi
kelf
Cassanata
Curraghplains
CillDara71
lilysavage
BearintheSquare
Cilldara_2000
bite the pillow
totalgaa
Southern Gael
Flamingo
Thin Blue Line
CILLDara 1998
GoDownOnIt
Highball
Badger85
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

Club Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Club Kildare   Club Kildare Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2021 5:04 am

Club Kildare 8fe04685-4fb7-49f9-9551-c7505cbef68f

They don’t make it easy on themselves do they? 300 quid for access to the premium lounge in their minds! The f*cking jacks don’t work, but you’ve access to the “premium lounge”.

Also, 300 means the board don’t want anyone who can’t afford that figure to contribute. Smacks of “let them eat cake”

lilywhites on tour and Southern Gael like this post

Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

Club Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Kildare   Club Kildare Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2021 2:54 am

It is a bit rich Badger and the lack of outside the box thinking is frustrating ( ie alternative membership programmes etc) ... But....

If you go with a couples membership , it works out at 200e per person (im sure you could find a friend or do they look for proof you are a couple haha) ... And for 200 you get all the league games included (probably worth 105euro ish ) aswell as all the access to the club championship games including finals.. Considering the county final was 22e in this year, i dont think its that bad ?

Maybe im wrong... But i get your point - 300 seems steep as the headline number

I do have to laugh at the "lounge" access being a thing.. So if i pay for 2022 , and the stadium doesnt get developed until 2025.. i might aswell enjoy the lounge access across the road in coffeys
Back to top Go down
GoDownOnIt
Intercounty
Intercounty

Club Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Kildare   Club Kildare Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2021 3:58 am

From reading that, I wouldn't be fully sure that you actually get a free ticket to all home and away league games... to me it reads like you're guaranteed a ticket but that you'd have to pay for it... hopefully I'm wrong and maybe someone can confirm if I am.

Overall though, the way its presented there on the website, its about as enticing as a slap of a wet sliotar on the sideline of a junior hurling match on a wet and cold Monday night. I've seen club teams with far far better promotional material than that.
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

Club Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Kildare   Club Kildare Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2021 9:05 pm

Correct. You have an option for a ticket but I believe you have to pay for it…

The lounge thing is an insult. Magic beans stuff… They’re literally advertising a advantage of being in club Kildare and the thing doesn’t even exist.

Might as well go full on fantasy land and guarantee a vip box in the Bertie bowl.

At least offer people something tangible for their money.
Back to top Go down
GoDownOnIt
Intercounty
Intercounty

Club Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Kildare   Club Kildare Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2021 10:59 pm

Thanks for clearing that up Badger.

You're right in what you highlight, it madness and bordering on being disingenuous, if not being down right disingenuous, as is the wording on the tickets for league games part.

All of it says so much about where it's coming from
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

Club Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Kildare   Club Kildare Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2021 2:31 am

Ah ffs.. didnt realise it was an "option" to buy a league ticket.... What chancers !!! Combining this "fake" option (everyone in the country has an option ffs) with the fake lounge access then i change my tune.

Wanted to give them some benefit of the doubt but thats a scam. Piss up brewery etc.... Not good enough
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

Club Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Kildare   Club Kildare Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2021 4:41 am

I think it’s an option for championship games. League matches are included.
Doesn’t take away from the ridiculous… as said above disingenuous… closer to false advertising… access to the premium lounge
Back to top Go down
CILLDara 1998
Intercounty
Intercounty

Club Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Kildare   Club Kildare Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2021 5:12 am

There was kildare supporter who had meetings with people involved in club kildare and put ideas to them how improve it but they rejected them
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

Club Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Kildare   Club Kildare Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2021 5:14 am

Kildare 2000 wrote:
There was kildare supporter who had meetings  with people involved in club kildare and put ideas to them how improve  it but they rejected them
Sounds about right 😄😄😄
Anything to be said for another golf classic?
Back to top Go down
CILLDara 1998
Intercounty
Intercounty

Club Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Kildare   Club Kildare Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2021 5:19 am

Badger85 wrote:
Kildare 2000 wrote:
There was kildare supporter who had meetings  with people involved in club kildare and put ideas to them how improve  it but they rejected them
Sounds about right 😄😄😄
Anything to be said for another golf classic?
this person wanted membership for juveniles and other ways to increase membership but officials did not see his vision
Back to top Go down
Thin Blue Line
Intermediate
Intermediate

Club Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Kildare   Club Kildare Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2021 6:09 am

Somelads around Kildare will never be happy. All Kildare league games are included along with entry into every championship games in Kildare. There is an option to buy a guranteed championship ticket for every Kildare game. Yes its an upfront buffer to CB and will hopefully help Glen and the lads deliver. All the money is accounted for, yes they do try and tap into the corporate for fundraisers, which if they didn't bother they would be called out aswell.
Would you pay a lower fee and expect to be let into all games aswell?
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

Club Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Kildare   Club Kildare Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2021 8:42 am

Thin Blue Line wrote:
Somelads around Kildare will never be happy. All Kildare league games are included along with entry into every championship games in Kildare. There is an option to buy a guranteed championship ticket for every Kildare game. Yes its an upfront buffer to CB and will hopefully help Glen and the lads deliver. All the money is accounted for, yes they do try and tap into the corporate for fundraisers, which if they didn't bother they would be called out aswell.
Would you pay a lower fee and expect to be let into all games aswell?
Yes. 😄
The point I’m making is I’m sure there are lots of people that would like to be club Kildare members, but can’t afford it.
It’s a revenue stream they haven’t tapped into. They’re missing out! 
Have you an opinion on the access to the imaginary bar?? 
You’re pointing out that all the money is accounted for, as if that’s something to be proud of, rather than the basic standard which should be expected. 
The old saying goes “if it’s not broken, don’t fix it”. In Kildare it’s “it’s broken, but why bothering fixing it”

lilywhites on tour and Southern Gael like this post

Back to top Go down
Thin Blue Line
Intermediate
Intermediate

Club Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Kildare   Club Kildare Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2021 8:34 pm

With regard the "Imaginary bar" it's not a reason I'd be joining Club Kildare or going to a match. If the development doesn't start soon I would be very dissapointed, and if to get that off the ground and cut costs that a corporate end to Conleths had to be taken out of the plans I wouldnt give a shite.
Plans change, neccesaties don't. County board need to get the project started, new dressing rooms that are fit for purpose, proper facilities for supporters and move on.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

Club Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Kildare   Club Kildare Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2021 9:57 pm

But don't mention the lounge if we all know it is not a reality.
Also, not everyone wants to go to ALL the games and you could easily have a tiered membership.

Like I am sure if it was just home league games and the club there would be takers too. Or even people who would just like to get to all the club games.

Likewise for younger members. The way the continental teams have socios. They are members and they get the odd sweetener but it depends on the club what else you can get.

Badger85 and Southern Gael like this post

Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

Club Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Kildare   Club Kildare Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 6:59 am

Flamingo wrote:
But don't mention the lounge if we all know it is not a reality.
Also, not everyone wants to go to ALL the games and you could easily have a tiered membership.

Like I am sure if it was just home league games and the club there would be takers too. Or even people who would just like to get to all the club games.

Likewise for younger members. The way the continental teams have socios. They are members and they get the odd sweetener but it depends on the club what else you can get.

Couldn’t agree more on the young members option… it’s almost like they don’t want the members or the membership fees. 
And like you said, the graded members don’t have to get admission to league games. They could start off with a jersey or hoodie or something. 
It’s costly business running a county these days. I just don’t understand why the board wouldn’t want as many people as possible to join club Kildare. Makes no business sense whatsoever.
 (And before somebody jumps on here to abuse me, yes I’m a member of club Kildare myself, and yes, I’ve attempted to raise these points with them. I didn’t even get a response)
Back to top Go down
Southern Gael
Senior
Senior

Club Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Kildare   Club Kildare Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 10:23 am

I was a member of the old Supporter's Club and later Club Kildare, I resigned over the way the Kieran McGeeney's reappointment was dealt with and the subsequent shameful treatment of Pat Mangan. Now I simply cannot afford to join Club Kildare, I agree with a tiered membership, or something along those lines. As it is a whole swathe of people are being excluded and not being tapped into. That accessibility was one of the strengths of the old Supporter's Club

bite the pillow and Badger85 like this post

Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

Club Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Kildare   Club Kildare Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2021 8:15 pm

Recent adverts for club Kildare have thankfully dropped the imaginary lounge. Must be monitoring this page 😄
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

Club Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Kildare   Club Kildare Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2022 5:50 am

https://clubrossie.ie/shop/gift-set/

An example of what CAN be done.
Back to top Go down
totalgaa
Senior
Senior

Club Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Kildare   Club Kildare Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2022 11:41 pm

With all our recent success and the buzz back in Kildare football you would imagine that the recent fund raiser re 100km walk with Kildare would be a roaring success. With only 2 weeks left it looks as if it might fall short of it's target of 100 thou. Listening to Dermot Reilly at the launch he said that Leitrim had done the same a few months back and raised over 100 thou so he thought we should have no problem doing the same with a larger population but sad to say while we are great supporters we seem a little slow to back the team in other ways.
I just checked and I see only 137 people have signed up and are actively collecting sponsorship be that a fiver or tenner here and there and a lot of them are team members. Great to see Daniel Flynn leading the charge with over 3500 collected but surely he should not have to be doing this let him concentrate on his football as with all the other players who have signed up.
I am sure we had 7 or 8 thousand supporters in newbridge last Sunday even we got ten per cent of those to sign up and they only got a small amount of sponsorship we would have been well on our way to achieving the 100 thou but with 2 weeks left we only have a little over 44 thou in the Kitty, a sad reflection giving our population size and interest in the co teams.

Back to top Go down
bite the pillow
Senior
Senior

Club Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Kildare   Club Kildare Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2022 2:50 am

I think the lack of interest stems from people being pissed off with Club Kildare in general. Too expensive and exclusive. Total revamp needed in my opinion. Charge less brings in more punters...the Ryanair model. In the early Supporters Club days almost every supporter was on board as membership was reasonable. I remember having so many yearly stickers on the back window of the car i could hardly see out of it !!!

KILL BILL, Badger85 and Southern Gael like this post

Back to top Go down
GoDownOnIt
Intercounty
Intercounty

Club Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Kildare   Club Kildare Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2022 3:27 am

totalgaa wrote:
With all our recent success and the buzz back in Kildare football you would imagine that the recent fund raiser re 100km walk with Kildare would be a roaring success.

There in lies the problem!!! Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups....

You assumed wrong when you thought a couple of good results would paper over 20 years of ignorance, disrespect, entitlement, arrogance and incompetance.

Back to the drawing board and hopefully a bit more humility
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

Club Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Kildare   Club Kildare Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2022 6:19 am

The membership fees for club Kildare are exorbitant. Shouldn’t be any more than 100 quid a year. (4 league home matches max and tickets aren’t any more than 15 quid).
I know it cover club games too but I believe members would gladly forsake free entry to club games for a cheaper annual membership.
Also, at the risk of repeating myself, they could do with giving out some merchandise when you sign up. A shite car sticker doesn’t attract anybody these days.
Another idea, wouldn’t be great if they had a kiosk where people could sign up on match days? I’d imagine they would’ve got a few after or before each home game.

bite the pillow and Southern Gael like this post

Back to top Go down
totalgaa
Senior
Senior

Club Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Kildare   Club Kildare Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2022 7:03 am

The point I am making while we all complain about the price of joining club Kildare which I agree is prohibitive to most but now we had and still have the opportunity to do something for the county teams at a lot less cost but looks like no matter what the cost we are not prepared to shell out. I don't mean everyone here on this forum as I'm sure lots of us have supported the initiave but the majority of our general supporters.

Cilldara_2000 and Badger85 like this post

Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

Club Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Kildare   Club Kildare Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2022 7:23 am

True enough… I suppose the idea of a sponsored walk is what you’d expect from a primary school kid. I know the team did an open day, which was a great idea. But how about doing a couple of them and moving around the county? Hard for those in the north and Deep South to get to Newbridge.
They could have scarves, hats etc to sell and an opportunity to sign up to a reduced fee Club Kildare. It might even attract a few bigger sponsors to the team.
It’s all about getting buy in from people. Personally, a sponsored walk doesn’t do it for me. That’s just a personal thing. Same with the golf classics and race day. The last one I really enjoyed was Geezer’s fight night.
But there’s lots of positive feelings out there towards the team. Bring the team to the communities and watch people get even more behind them.
But I can’t emphasise this enough, they need to drop the price of club Kildare and offer people something when they sign up.

KILL BILL, lilywhites on tour, bite the pillow and Southern Gael like this post

Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

Club Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Kildare   Club Kildare Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2022 9:45 pm

Anyone know what they're doing in Tyrone atm? Club Tyrone was supposed to be the gold standard of these sort of things. They're charging either £1000 or £500 atm: https://tyronegaa.ie/club-tyrone/

What are they "offering" for this? I can only imagine the outrage here if Club Kildare was priced similarly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Club Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Kildare   Club Kildare Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Club Kildare
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next