Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Club Kildare

Go down 
+21
Clubman
Anyonebutthedubs
Ryan legendary
FlourBag_1
Taibi
kelf
Cassanata
Curraghplains
CillDara71
lilysavage
BearintheSquare
Cilldara_2000
bite the pillow
totalgaa
Southern Gael
Flamingo
Thin Blue Line
CILLDara 1998
GoDownOnIt
Highball
Badger85
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

Club Kildare - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Kildare   Club Kildare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2022 11:53 am

I know there are lads who will say we are never happy and I am taking advantage of Club Kildare because I go to games but...families and fans are already spending money going to matches.

They want to go and they get a great day out, but like there is the price of tickets and a few bits for the kids and all that adds up. The same people get hit up all the time, so you need things that get non hardcore fans to pitch in.

The fight night was great because it was a great night out and a novelty back then. Walking around is very underwhelming and there is no big event/ grand finale to pitch it on.

We are in the commuter belt and houses are gold dust but we have never done a draw...Club Kildare needs a grading system whereby the more casual fan can sign up.

Even on match day like we could be generating more money with more coffee stalls and the likes.

Badger85 likes this post

Back to top Go down
BearintheSquare
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Club Kildare   Club Kildare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2022 12:06 pm

Cilldara_2000 wrote:
Anyone know what they're doing in Tyrone atm? Club Tyrone was supposed to be the gold standard of these sort of things. They're charging either £1000 or £500 atm: https://tyronegaa.ie/club-tyrone/

What are they "offering" for this? I can only imagine the outrage here if Club Kildare was priced similarly.

I think in Armagh they section off the stand so only the club armagh or whatever it is up there have the best seats. Pissed me off a bit that when i was up there to get in early and not get a decent seat
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Kildare   Club Kildare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2022 2:06 pm

OutSideOfTheBoot likes this post

Back to top Go down
CillDara71
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Club Kildare   Club Kildare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2022 5:39 pm

Thanks for the reminder lilysavage. I hadn't donated but have now. Up to 49k so going by previous messages hads gone up about 5k in a couple of days. Would want to pick up even more in last couple of weeks to make the 100k.

Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Kildare   Club Kildare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2022 2:30 pm

Heard  funding  walk not going as well  as they  thought at this stage  just  over 50 ,700 raised so far  had set target of 100,000
Back to top Go down
Cassanata
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Club Kildare   Club Kildare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2022 12:31 am

I'd argue fundraising is going quite well just the 100k goal set was a bit unrealistic. Also nobody's fault but the timing was awful with the fundraising for Ukraine
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Kildare   Club Kildare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2022 5:41 pm

60k raised with two weeks left. I’m sticking money on the next Kildare fundraiser being a cake sale.

Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Kildare   Club Kildare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2022 6:57 pm

https://twitter.com/clubrossie/status/1530697818662379520?s=21&t=5qI6IV4vZPUsohSPJu4-Qw

Club Rossie gave members a slap up full Irish before the Connacht final. Couldn’t even get a ham sandwich and a cup of tae off our crew.

Southern Gael and FlourBag_1 like this post

Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Kildare   Club Kildare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2022 1:10 am

How much to join

Club Rossie ?

Club Kildare ?

Gave slap uo full Irish or sold tickets for ???????????
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Kildare   Club Kildare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2022 7:46 am

Forget about catching up with Dublin. We will never catch up to Mayo or Tyrone with their huge base of supporters both within the country and abroad who always put their hands in their pockets just to benefit their county. Kildare supporters though: "Where's my free stuff?"

Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Kildare   Club Kildare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2022 8:41 am

The point I’m making is that all supporters clubs give incentives to join, something for your money.

What about our lot? Nothing. “We’ll take your money and you’ll be grateful for it. Don’t question what we’re doing”

Club Rossie: https://clubrossie.ie/

Interestingly Meath have graded membership: https://meath.gaa.ie/club-na-mi/

Tipperary, 40 quid a year and loads of Incentives: https://tippsupportersclub.com/pages/how-to-join-tsc

Monaghan, 55 quid and loads of reasons to join: https://www.monaghangaa.ie/club-monaghan/

Galway, can’t find the price but as you can see, they’ve put in a real effort. https://tribesmengaa.com/

What have we???? I’m not looking for free stuff, I’m looking for more people to join. We’re cutting off our nose to spite our face. And when you point out how far behind we are, people are critical of you for raising the above.

By the way, I’m a club Kildare member. I’ve put my money where my mouth is.

Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Kildare   Club Kildare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2022 8:45 am

Another point: More members=more revenue for the county.

More revenue can be spent on player and facility development. All of which should improve our lot. I say should because money doesn’t guarantee development unless you have the right people in the right places to guide it.

Still though, if you’re happy with our current lot, the odd golf classic and race night, by all means make that argument. I personally think we should set your aims a lot higher. That requires extra membership. That requires incentives that is more than a car sticker.

murof likes this post

Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Kildare   Club Kildare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2022 11:38 am

Cilldara_2000 wrote:
Forget about catching up with Dublin. We will never catch up to Mayo or Tyrone with their huge base of supporters both within the country and abroad who always put their hands in their pockets just to benefit their county. Kildare supporters though: "Where's my free stuff?"

The only county in Ireland that charges club players into game. Tickets into the most recent county final were the highest in the country. The worst county ground in the country, nothing spent on it in the last 30 years.

But yeah, lads not throwing free money at them wasters upstairs is the problem.

GAA supporters in Kildare been ripped off for years and you expect more?

Badger85 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Kildare   Club Kildare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2022 9:17 am

Question: Do the county board or Club Kildare publish where or how member’s subscriptions are spent?

I’ve been a member for years now and don’t ever remember being invited to an information night or agm or anything like that.

Probably a controversial question and I’ll be told to shut up and be happy to pay them 25 quid a month.
Back to top Go down
FlourBag_1
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Club Kildare   Club Kildare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2022 1:03 pm

I’m a member of Club Kildare as I like to get to as many club championship games as possible. But there needs to be more done to entice more members to join. Perhaps a tiered membership? €300 is quite steep for a once off annual payment. Many people I speak to would like to be members but it’s just too expensive.

Badger85 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Kildare   Club Kildare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2022 2:16 pm

If you are near Newbridge it's great to get into all the club games it's great. But this year the lack of home county games wasn't ideal and the away days were a fair spin.

It could do with a different level for county only maybe or club games only? Just give more options and leave it open for as many people as possible.
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Kildare   Club Kildare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2022 2:53 pm

300 quid would get you a season ticket at some premier league teams. So possibly 15/20 home games for same price that we get for between 4/7… in a kip.
Back to top Go down
Ryan legendary
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Club Kildare   Club Kildare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2022 5:03 pm

Should have option

membership for inter county season ticket €150
Membership for club championship ticket €150     student  and over 65  €100
Membership for inter county and club championship €300

Rough ideas and prices

Badger85 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Anyonebutthedubs
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Club Kildare   Club Kildare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2022 8:54 pm

Is the charging of players into club league games a club led idea or have the county board anything to do with it. As far as I am aware it's nothing to do with the County Board. I will never understand how it goes on or the thinking around it. Some players are probably finishing up early from work on a Saturday evening to make the match and then have to hand over money into a match that they are the entertainment in. In Waterford they don't even charge spectators into league games.
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Kildare   Club Kildare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2022 8:56 pm

That makes too much sense Braveheart. Why do any progressive thinking when you can run a race day in Naas, or a golf classic… or they lord help us, a primary school style sponsored walk?

They didn’t even send out the car stickers this year. You had to drive ti hawkfield. Talk about the height of ignorance?

But then again, does anyone know where or how the 300 quid is spent?
Back to top Go down
Ryan legendary
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Club Kildare   Club Kildare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2022 9:33 pm

[quote="Badger85"

But then again, does anyone know where or how the 300 quid is spent? [/quote]

Preparing county teams they claim

Blackadder likes this post

Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Kildare   Club Kildare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2022 1:25 am

Anyonebutthedubs wrote:
Is the charging of players into club league games a club led idea or have the county board anything to do with it. As far as I am aware it's nothing to do with the County Board. I will never understand how it goes on or the thinking around it. Some players are probably finishing up early from work on a Saturday evening to make the match and then have to hand over money into a match that they are the entertainment in. In Waterford they don't even charge spectators into league games.

It's money for the clubs and clubs are free to not charge players and even not charge spectators======== I know many clubs do not charge players====== Sometimes a club does not even bother collecting a gate & that may be because they only expect a few to attend======
Back to top Go down
Clubman
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Club Kildare   Club Kildare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2022 1:05 pm

Talking about charging. Yesterday in hawkfield the lower level league finals were on . €11 in .
No programme
Coffee machine was broke
No scoreboard .
No umpires
When are these apes in our county board going to get a small bit professional. If you charge people for something you have to have a service or product up to scratch . They decide to clash with all ireland q final day and then throw out that shite. Its all take with these clowns

Badger85 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Kildare   Club Kildare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2022 1:15 pm

Clubman wrote:
Talking about charging.  Yesterday in hawkfield the lower level league finals were on . €11 in .
No programme
Coffee machine was broke
No scoreboard .
No umpires
When are these apes in our county board going to get a small bit professional.  If you charge people for something you have to have a service or product up to scratch . They decide to clash with all ireland q final day and then throw out that shite. Its all take with these clowns

The only thing they understand is their bank balance. Until people vote with their feet, nothing will change. Unless people refuse to renew club Kildare subscriptions they won’t see any reason to change. It’s disappointing that we have to say these things about them, but it’s true.

Clubman likes this post

Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Kildare   Club Kildare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2022 1:22 pm

Nothing annoys me more then no scoreboard, Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad totally unfair on the players too in such a close match.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Club Kildare   Club Kildare - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Club Kildare
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next