Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Leinster Championship 2024

Go down 
+64
Clubman
bite the pillow
Kildare127
bloodsub
Liffey Likes
Nuxerfromthe50
Rex
TheGreatof1928
John_R
smokey
DannyBoy
Sleeptight
Ogie
flourman
Leead64
All down the line
Southern Gael
Kildarelilly
shunta15
Onhisboot
Bigfullforward
ClaneLillywhite
if_in_doubt
Columbo
Strangler
MD
Ontheterrace
CONNTRICK
Highball
OutSideOfTheBoot
donnellyshollow
Onechance
Thelillywhites
Tawnbag123
Lilywhite forever
Kildare999
Kildare98
Twentyeight
FlourBag_1
murof
KILL BILL
SplitThePosts
seamymurphy
lilysavage
Kildare-Tom
lily92
MickosMen
NorthernLily89
moatesports
OutTheGap
Badger85
LillieLad
BearintheSquare
Ohtoohtobe
TommyKeegan
Gaa1928
totalgaa
FionnMcCool
Flamingo
really_unofficial_kildare
newornowhere
Botch
Countyminor -84
jimmers
68 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2024 4:29 pm

Surely the club delegates can raise the Maynooth things this month? Surely?????

I’m thinking in particular about the Maynooth delegate (whomever that is) now is the time to start asking questions. It’s never too late.

KILL BILL, OutTheGap and Southern Gael like this post

Back to top Go down
FionnMcCool
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2024 7:57 pm

We aren't beating this Westmeath team. Well drilled, organised and fit. That goes a long long way, further than talent alone.

Westmeath will be us by 5/6 points comfortably.  They'll score goals against us too.
Back to top Go down
NorthernLily89
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2024 8:54 pm

FionnMcCool wrote:
We aren't beating this Westmeath team. Well drilled, organised and fit. That goes a long long way, further than talent alone.

Westmeath will be us by 5/6 points comfortably.  They'll score goals against us too.

To be fair, I don't think anyone is expecting us to beat them at this stage. Be surprised if we get near them. They really kicked on the last 20mins, which is when we go the opposite way lol.
Back to top Go down
FionnMcCool
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2024 9:05 pm

The more I think about how its been let get to this, the more it infuriates me. Meath, Westmeath, Louth and Wexford will all have beaten us this year by the time the year is over and thats not taking into account who'll beat us in the Tailteann Cup. The only saving grace is we are saved from another embarrassment at the hands of Dublin.

The management team should really be ashamed of themselves for not stepping aside. They've all tainted anything they've ever done or achieved on Kildare football. That will be their legacy. Kildare men my bollix.

Thelillywhites likes this post

Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2024 1:20 pm

Westmeath are not much use either in the grand scheme of things, but as was pointed out, they did kick on and were going well towards the end.

Ronan O'Toole was busy but quiter than usual. Heslin only came on as a sub too and Dessie Dolan was saying he needed to throw in some younger lads.

To get a win like that and have something to build on is massive for them. We are coming in at serious low.
Back to top Go down
MickosMen
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2024 7:32 pm

Badger85 wrote:

I’m thinking in particular about the Maynooth delegate (whomever that is) now is the time to start asking questions. It’s never too late.

Why would the Maynooth delegate raise it? NUIM is located in the town yes but the NUIM GAA has zero to do with the Maynooth club. NUIM GAA is about as relevant to Athy GAA than Maynooth GAA.
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2024 8:03 pm

MickosMen wrote:
Badger85 wrote:

Why would the Maynooth delegate raise it? NUIM is located in the town yes but the NUIM GAA has zero to do with the Maynooth club. NUIM GAA is about as relevant to Athy GAA than Maynooth GAA.

They could raise it as an example of a county board that thinks North Kildare is closer to North Korea, than Hawkfield.

They could raise the rhetorical question, if Maynooth was in another part of the county would the outcome have been different?

Not to mention the fact that the college has in the past made their facilities available to Maynooth… or the fact that there’s a level of prestige to having a university in the town and pride that Kildare would partner with it….

That’s just a few reasons….

lilywhites on tour likes this post

Back to top Go down
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2024 12:33 am

Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 2 2024_l10
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2024 9:32 am

What a game yesterday. So enjoyable. I know it would cost but Jesus mickey harte would be the man for us

Liffey Likes likes this post

Back to top Go down
FionnMcCool
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2024 2:21 pm

5 years ago almost to the day, 30th March 2019 Derry won Div.4 of the national football league.

They beat Leitrim by 4pts in the final. 7 of yesterday's team were playing that day. 5 starters and 2 subs.
During that league campaign, they beat Antrim by 1pt, Wexford by 2 and stumbled over Limerick and Wicklow also.

5 years later they won Div.1 and are real real contenders for the All Ireland.
This is what is achievable when you have a clear direction in which you want to go.
Multiple people at the top in County board level driving it forward.
A manager that is pure driven and relentless in his ambition to get there in Rory Gallagher.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that this would be achievable in Kildare , none.
But you have want it. Gormless hasn't the wherewithal for the job.
This is the first step in the process above. We are going no where with him . Absolutely no where

Secondly and most importantly our next manager has to be the right appointment. This cannot be left to Gormless.
With the time frame involved it will, sadly

KILL BILL, lilywhites on tour, Badger85, Thelillywhites and Southern Gael like this post

Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2024 2:38 pm

FionnMcCool wrote:
5 years ago almost to the day, 30th March 2019 Derry won Div.4 of the national football league.

They beat Leitrim by 4pts in the final. 7 of yesterday's team were playing that day. 5 starters and 2 subs.
During that league campaign, they beat Antrim by 1pt, Wexford by 2 and stumbled over Limerick and Wicklow also.

This is what is achievable when you have a clear direction in which you want to go.
A manager that is pure driven and relentless in his ambition to get there in Rory Gallagher.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that this would be achievable in Kildare , none.
This is the first step in the process above. We are going no where with him . Absolutely no where  

Secondly and most importantly our next manager has to be the right appointment.  This cannot be left to Gormless.

Any chance that on the basis that he’s a zombie chairman he’d stand aside and let more qualified and knowledgeable people make the decision?

Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2024 3:48 pm

In this country (never mind county!) we are terrible at big picture/ blue sky thinking. Things just get going and then it's all in, even if it's right or wrong.

Who came up with Derry's plan? Who funded it? Derry must also have been working on S&C all the way up, especially in the are where we fall down from U20 to Senior.

In the immediate future how are we doing for injuries? There are a lot to come back in, but even if they do, the lads who are due back in have not set the world alight this year.

Liffey Likes likes this post

Back to top Go down
lily92
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2024 3:59 pm

FionnMcCool wrote:

Secondly and most importantly our next manager has to be the right appointment.  This cannot be left to Gormless.

Well said Fionn.
Interested to know what sort of finances Derry have. Also underage structures. What the hell got them from Div 4 to AI contention in space of 5 years. Incredible really.
Back to top Go down
FionnMcCool
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2024 6:18 pm

lily92 wrote:
FionnMcCool wrote:

Well said Fionn.
Interested to know what sort of finances Derry have. Also underage structures. What the hell got them from Div 4 to AI contention in space of 5 years. Incredible really.

You can have all the finances in the world, but without a clear vision and everyone pulling towards it you might aswell piss it against the wall in the new €20m toilets in Conleths.

We've no plan. We've no goals. Can anyone tell me what the goal or plan for the Senior team over the next 5 years. What are the KPIs in which we are measuring ourselves and our success? Who oversees this. Who judges it.

What is the ultimate goal for next 5/10 years? For Senior, u20 and minor.
What's the pathway for bringing through u20s to Senior.
What would be classed as success in this period?
What would be acceptable?
What would be classed as failure?

If we fail, what are we doing to prevent failure from being the norm? Because we didnt change our approach over the last 3 years. We just continued down the road of failure.

Other questions I would like answered, you would hope someone in the nationalist, Leinster Leader, KFM or clubs would ask of the County Board when this whole shit show comes to a close soon enough .
When Gormless sat down with Glen for his end of year/ 2nd year review what was discussed. What merited him getting another year, he was up for review? Why did he get a 3rd year? Who was part of that review , is there minutes from it ? Who made the decision to give him the extra year? Were players consulted, what was their view?

When Gormless met with Glen after the league games, what exactly was said.
Glen's version of events seemed to be different to what was communicated to delegates at the county board meeting. Why was this? Why was Kildare GAA all over the mainstream media because of 2 completely incompetent people in Kildare GAA?

What exactly is Brian Flanagans role with the "development" team? Who's ideas was it for this development team. What is the function of it, what do they hope to achieve from it?
What funding is it receiving? What resources has it got?

These questions will need to be asked in a few weeks time. They better be asked or we are going nowhere.

Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2024 6:29 pm

Our spineless lot would never do something like this and risk hearing a few home truths. The below is a great idea. Open minded. Progressive. Everything our board isn’t.

https://www.gaaroscommon.ie/survey/

OutTheGap likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kildare-Tom
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2024 11:36 am

I see the senior team are away in Cork this week on a team bonding trip. Hopefully Glen stays down there.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2024 1:13 pm

Kildare-Tom wrote:
I see the senior team are away in Cork this week on a team bonding trip. Hopefully Glen stays down there.

Hopefully not or we wont have any senior captain within the county who actually won something.

Gaa1928 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kildare-Tom
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2024 3:32 pm

lilysavage wrote:
Kildare-Tom wrote:

Hopefully not or we wont have any senior captain within the county who actually won something.

But a shite manager

Lánchúlaí likes this post

Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2024 4:11 pm

Gormless is weak banter to be honest. It's like the people who think Mehole Martin is clever.
I think you can call out things, but there is no talk of football here at all any more and then threads get taken over by who does or doesn't like this or that person...

Does anyone actually know who might be fit for the Championship? Like there's Jimmy, K Flynn, Ben and I am sure I am forgetting lads...Where are they at?

Ohtoohtobe and Lánchúlaí like this post

Back to top Go down
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2024 4:52 pm

Jimmy was training last Tue night with the senior team when the U20 game was on.

Ohtoohtobe, Flamingo, OutTheGap, lilysavage and Liffey Likes like this post

Back to top Go down
FionnMcCool
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2024 10:33 pm

Flamingo wrote:
Gormless is weak banter to be honest. It's like the people who think Mehole Martin is clever.
I think you can call out things, but there is no talk of football here at all any more and then threads get taken over by who does or doesn't like this or that person...

Does anyone actually know who might be fit for the Championship? Like there's Jimmy, K Flynn, Ben and I am sure I am forgetting lads...Where are they at?

Jimmy, Flynn, Callaghan, Ben, Kirwan all need to get back to full fitness for us to get within a few scores of Westmeath.

I'd much prefer to be in their position, winning games and playing week to week in advance of our fixture. We haven't went into a championship in my memory in worse form and worse performances . I'd like to think there'd be a reaction in us for championship but I've saying that to myself throughout the league campaign. Each game I thought we'd up it.
Never happened. Not even close to it.
That's how I know Westmeath will beat us. There's isn't many teams out there now that wouldn't currently
Back to top Go down
seamymurphy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2024 11:22 pm

I'm old school and forgive my ignorance, but can someone explain to me please how money makes a difference ?
I just don't get it.. does money make you a better player ?.. does money make you more accurate ?.. apologies for not understanding.. basic skills and kicking .. money would fix it !.

moatesports likes this post

Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2024 12:36 am

Flamingo wrote:

Couldn’t agree more. Forum is unreadable with the same hysterical posts insulting the same people over and over and over again

Lánchúlaí likes this post

Back to top Go down
FionnMcCool
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2024 7:52 am

What I find funny is people not going to games , some not even in the country coming on here giving it the big one.

Gormless might be weak banter , however it would be weak was it not true.

I said after the O'Byrne Cup defeat to Wexford we'd be relegated. A certain poster scoffed at it. Same poster not even in the country.
I might post controversial posts and the odd insult. But I know my football.
I know Kildare football. I attend games, club and county. Underage and adult.

Unlike some.
Back to top Go down
SplitThePosts
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2024 9:11 am

FionnMcCool wrote:
What I find funny is people not going to games , some not even in the country coming on here giving it the big

I’m in Australia, like many, many others.
I come here to keep up, as I would if I was at home, because despite what you might think, paying €12 and getting up at 4am to watch a team of lads getting slaughtered every week is simply not worth doing (anymore). I went to games religiously when I was home, played with and against the lads currently on the team and don’t think I have to be at home to have an opinion on things I know quite a bit about- there are of course things I don’t know and can’t really comment on, for geographical reasons, but this is a forum where people who do know things, share their knowledge and Kildare fans in every shape and form (and part of the world) discuss them.

KILL BILL, lilysavage, moatesports and Lánchúlaí like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leinster Championship 2024
Page 2 of 29Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next