Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Leinster Championship 2024

Go down 
+64
Clubman
bite the pillow
Kildare127
bloodsub
Liffey Likes
Nuxerfromthe50
Rex
TheGreatof1928
John_R
smokey
DannyBoy
Sleeptight
Ogie
flourman
Leead64
All down the line
Southern Gael
Kildarelilly
shunta15
Onhisboot
Bigfullforward
ClaneLillywhite
if_in_doubt
Columbo
Strangler
MD
Ontheterrace
CONNTRICK
Highball
OutSideOfTheBoot
donnellyshollow
Onechance
Thelillywhites
Tawnbag123
Lilywhite forever
Kildare999
Kildare98
Twentyeight
FlourBag_1
murof
KILL BILL
SplitThePosts
seamymurphy
lilysavage
Kildare-Tom
lily92
MickosMen
NorthernLily89
moatesports
OutTheGap
Badger85
LillieLad
BearintheSquare
Ohtoohtobe
TommyKeegan
Gaa1928
totalgaa
FionnMcCool
Flamingo
really_unofficial_kildare
newornowhere
Botch
Countyminor -84
jimmers
68 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 25 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
FionnMcCool
Intercounty
Intercounty

Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 6:07 am

Liffey Likes wrote:
I detest the tailteann cup and I hate that we are in this darn competition but it is of real importance to win it. If we want to attract the best possible manager next year then it is of extra relevance that we win it and have automatic qualification to the All Ireland series. Let's face it, unless we win the Tailteann we have little hope of making All Ireland series of 2025 because we are in D. 3 and could meet Dublin before a Leinster final .
Now everyone from the county board down needs to be honest. We will win no Tailteann cup with the current situation. Take action now!!.

This. This is the reason why Glen should go now.
But he won't. Let's be honest about it. The CB hasn't the balls. The players haven't the balls.

Not one question has been asked of Glen by the leinster leader, Kildare Nationalist and KFM.

A fucking cosy cabal they're all in.

Thing about the GAA is it's community. Its engrained in the fabric of Irish life. Die hards can't stay away as its in the blood.

I can tell you now and I've been right since the start of the year, we are not winning the Tailteann Cup. There is 4/5 teams in it that will beat us. Some already have this year. And will again if we meet them.

Kildare127 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 6:08 am

Farrell has easily kicked three massive scores and was up to the pitch of the game.

Woodgate hasn’t been to the pitch of anything in a long time. To such and extent that he was dropped off the worst Kildare team in generations.

Anyone who knows the game knows that if Farrell was on form he’s left on the frees.

Clearly the team don’t listen to the sideline for almost everything else, why listen to them IF it was decided that Woodgate takes over the frees.

Feely is our best player. He reads the game well. He was beside Woodgate and Farrell. He should’ve stopped it and given the ball to Farrell. We were 3/4 points down at that stage. Farrell kicks it and we’re a step closer to them.

In regards to Feely, a decision needs to be made next year as to what we want from him and where he plays. He can’t, and shouldn’t be expected to do it all. It’s not right and it’s u14s stuff. Give the ball to our best player crap.

He took a few hail Mary’s today that were never on. That’s not his fault. He has to do it because currently, no one else will.

He’s either an inside forward and on frees, or a midfielder and not. He can’t do both.

On a number of occasions. Too many occasions, our furthest forward players were from the full back line. I counted 3 times in the first half. That’s a sign of no attacking system. If they could kick scores, they’d be corner forwards, not corner backs! That shouldn’t be happening.

OutTheGap and Kildarelilly like this post

Back to top Go down
Leead64
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 6:17 am

Kildarelilly wrote:
LillieLad wrote:
Barry Kelly sums the team and management up, missing a free from 14 yards out, not that it matters now but thank god the ref brought it back.

he didn't there was two balls on the pitch
woodgate had the other in his hand and Barry Kelly drove the other ball behind the goal

Haha
Back to top Go down
MickosMen
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 7:21 am

To think there were lads on here talking up that full forward line. Shocking.

5 meter handpasses not being complete. I can't blame the management for that to be honest.

Someone said that Donnellans kickouts have improved? He was kicking the ball 10 meters to an umarked Kildare player ffs.

The coaching and management team are an embarrassment and there are some of those players who aren't much better. Louth men going down to pick up the ball and Eoin Doyle ploughing through the back of them. You wouldn't see it in Rathcoffey on junior b night. The less said about woodgate the better. All he was interested in today was getting 0-1 or 0-2 beside his name in the paper. Shocking shot choice followed by a disgraceful decision to take that free.

Masterson and and especially Niall Kelly absolutely anonymous.

The players at this stage are as much to blame as the management in my opinion. They ultimately were the ones with the power to ensure change and they have idly decided to keep the status quo. Leaderless and weak. Coffeys will be busy tonight no doubt.
Back to top Go down
bite the pillow
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 7:41 am

Only positive from today...we dodged a bullet !
Back to top Go down
Clubman
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 9:24 am

Disappointing year obviously
Hopefully lads don't go overboard on personal level with the criticism. I just taibi gets his say on next management
Back to top Go down
TheGreatof1928
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 9:27 am

I'd say Taibi is firmly in the Glenn for another year camp with an option to extend for another 3 years if we stay up in Division 3
Back to top Go down
Liffey Likes
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 10:17 am

2 years ago we beat Louth by 16 points in the Leinster championship so that's a 20 point turnaround on today's result and Louth have much the same personnel now. Louth had Mickey Harte 2 years ago and now have Ger Brennan who wouldn't have been though of as an improvement on Harte. This is shocking stuff.

Kildare98, Southern Gael and MickosMen like this post

Back to top Go down
SplitThePosts
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 6:37 pm

[quote="MickosMen"]To think there were lads on here talking up that full forward line. Shocking.

5 meter handpasses not being complete. I can't blame the management for that to be honest.

Someone said that Donnellans kickouts have improved? He was kicking the ball 10 meters to an umarked Kildare player ffs.

I did both of those things,

Full Forward line comment was wishful and wrong. No point in denying that, I’ve not seen enough games this year and I was living I the past. Kevin Feely is still our best player but should be operating around the middle and not on frees for the love of God. BTW, Darragh Kirwan had all the making of an up and coming marquee forward for the past few years, if he’s serious about being a serious player, he’d want to add free taking to his repertoire and not having left footed frees being taken by a right footed player playing beside him.

We kept a huge percent of our own kickouts and Don picked men out when they put a press on too, which is a sign of a confident keeper who is good at kicking. He also made two good saves and tbh, I don’t think anything bad can be said about his performance. We did very well on their kickouts, turning over short ones, sending them long successfully and beating them in the air when we did.

An awful lot to be negative about with this game, but you can’t just say “it’s all shit” and shut down everything while offering nothing.

moatesports, Southern Gael and Ontheterrace like this post

Back to top Go down
lily92
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 7:46 pm

SplitThePosts wrote:
MickosMen wrote:

Full Forward line comment was wishful and wrong. No point in denying that, I’ve not seen enough games this year and I was living I the past. Kevin Feely is still our best player but should be operating around the middle and not on frees for the love of God. BTW, Darragh Kirwan had all the making of an up and coming marquee forward for the past few years, if he’s serious about being a serious player, he’d want to add free taking to his repertoire and not having left footed frees being taken by a right footed player playing beside him.

We kept a huge percent of our own kickouts and Don picked men out when they put a press on too, which is a sign of a confident keeper who is good at kicking. He also made two good saves and tbh, I don’t think anything bad can be said about his performance. We did very well on their kickouts, turning over short ones, sending them long successfully and beating them in the air when we did.

An awful lot to be negative about with this game, but you can’t just say “it’s all shit” and shut down everything while offering nothing.

Good God man. Wake up.
Back to top Go down
MickosMen
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 7:57 pm

SplitThePosts wrote:
MickosMen wrote:

I can count on one hand the amount of times Louth put a purposeful press on our kickouts. It didn't happen which means we could kick the ball to a spare man sitting 20 meters from the nearest louth player. Stats are just stats. I'm not saying anything bad about Marks performance. I've offered plenty of positives over the year. I've always been balanced as all on here can attest to. Apart from Farrells performance yesterday it's a real strain and stretched to pick anything else out that resembles an improvement or positive. Some of the stuff was absolutely catastrophic when you take into account we were fighting against relegation.

Other posters here are again going down the route of trying to kill any debate by referring to personal abuse or criticism of the players. They actually seem to be referring to any criticism at all. We will go nowhere like that.

Niall Kelly was anonymous. A really poor weak performance yesterday.
Masterson was just ok in patches. But pretty much poor for most of the games.
Eoin Doyle was dreadful. He was doing things you wouldn't see a 3rd team player do.
Dan Flynn was terrible yet again.
Sargent isn't at this level.

Just on the full forward line and the team in general. How can we all see apart from management that pace is key in the modern game. To start both Kirwan and Feely in there is mind boggling. It's a really poor selection type and a full back line won't be to hassled by them. That is firmly on management.

Meanwhile we have Davy Burke managing Roscommon who wanted the job and Brian Flanagan who has also won an all ireland.

SplitThePosts likes this post

Back to top Go down
Manhatten21
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 8:32 pm

Lilywhite forever wrote:
Woodgate is useless. Two chances, two wides. Hes not the only one of.course.

An example of all the keyboard warriors on here. “Useless”. Yeah good man still miles better than you though as you were sitting watching him today. Hours upon hours of dedication and commitment (trust me I know, you prob don’t, going by the rest of your sad little comments here) he and the rest of them give. A vile human whoever you are, and for good measure and extremely sad one to. Singling out one players. You are a disgrace whoever you are like half of the people on here abusing players personally. I wish bad luck on whoever you are. Would love to know who you are but you’re a complete coward so we will never find out.

lilysavage, Clubman and MickosMen like this post

Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 8:32 pm

MickosMen wrote:
SplitThePosts wrote:
MickosMen wrote:

I can count on one hand the amount of times Louth put a purposeful press on our kickouts. It didn't happen which means we could kick the ball to a spare man sitting 20 meters from the nearest louth player. Stats are just stats. I'm not saying anything bad about Marks performance. I've offered plenty of positives over the year. I've always been balanced as all on here can attest to. Apart from Farrells performance yesterday it's a real strain and stretched to pick anything else out that resembles an improvement or positive. Some of the stuff was absolutely catastrophic when you take into account we were fighting against relegation.

Other posters here are again going down the route of trying to kill any debate by referring to personal abuse or criticism of the players. They actually seem to be referring to any criticism at all. We will go nowhere like that.

Niall Kelly was anonymous. A really poor weak performance yesterday.
Masterson was just ok in patches. But pretty much poor for most of the games.
Eoin Doyle was dreadful. He was doing things you wouldn't see a 3rd team player do.
Dan Flynn was terrible yet again.
Sargent isn't at this level.

Just on the full forward line and the team in general. How can we all see apart from management that pace is key in the modern game. To start both Kirwan and Feely in there is mind boggling. It's a really poor selection type and a full back line won't be to hassled by them. That is firmly on management.

Meanwhile we have Davy Burke managing Roscommon who wanted the job and Brian Flanagan who has also won an all ireland.

Dan Flynn did ok yesterday. As anonymous as Niall Kelly was, i'd have preferred him on the pitch late on when we missed all those chances. At least he can score when he has time and the game had opened up.
Not too disappointed tbh, that Louth performance was beatable and we couldnt match it so we are better off in The Tailteann this year. I would hope they can bring in at least a couple of new players during group games.
Back to top Go down
donnellyshollow
Junior A
Junior A

Yesterday was such a grim experience at Croke Park. I was close to saying the most bleak live sporting experience I've attended but then I was also at the 2022 Leinster final. Some random thoughts...

€30 per ticket for the fare on show felt like daylight robbery.

Kildare were atrocious - it is hard to fathom how the team can have fallen so far. Louth were not a whole lot better and did what they could to hand the game back to us, especially in the closing 5-10 minutes. They did at least have an identifiable pattern of play in attack and looked like they knew what they were trying to achieve.

The appalling attendance and complete lack of atmosphere is a damning, tragic indictment of how the game has been mismanaged. We all know about the variety of reasons for that; they've been discussed ad nauseum. It is at crisis point now - changes to both the structure of the intercounty championships and the rules of the game are needed as soon as possible to address. I sincerely hope Jarlath Burns is the man to deliver that.

Daniel Flynn is still capable of doing things on the pitch that no other man among the other 29 on the field can. It is sad to see that he cannot capitalize on these skills and attributes by converting them into consistent scoring. I hold out hope that a proper manager can bring out the best in him, but time marches on.

KILL BILL, Lánchúlaí and MickosMen like this post

Back to top Go down
MickosMen
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 8:47 pm

Manhatten21 wrote:
Lilywhite forever wrote:
Woodgate is useless. Two chances, two wides. Hes not the only one of.course.

An example of all the keyboard warriors on here. “Useless”. Yeah good man still miles better than you though as you were sitting watching him today. Hours upon hours of dedication and commitment (trust me I know, you prob don’t, going by the rest of your sad little comments here) he and the rest of them give. A vile human whoever you are, and for good measure and extremely sad one to. Singling out one players. You are a disgrace whoever you are like half of the people on here abusing players personally. I wish bad luck on whoever you are. Would love to know who you are but you’re a complete coward so we will never find out.

Absolutely agree with this. That wasn't a nice comment.

Paddy is a decent club level footballer but just isn't at the standard for inter-county. He is probably the best we had available yesterday considering our injuries but I'd have preferred to see Aaron Browne on the panel. No idea what is going on there.

Paddy missed a couple of handy enough chances yesterday and made a really poor decision to take the free. Maybe management told him to takeover the frees when he came on. He stepped up and had a go but this isn't club level underage. Players are open to criticism around there performances. There were plenty of other more senior players hiding away when he came on so he showed some balls taking on shots.

I wasn't shocked at the loss yesterday. I was shocked and infuriated by the inability to execute basic skills. It just seems to be getting worse week on week. I was shocked by the lack of leadership on the field at key times. You would think that they wanted to be relegated to the tailteann.

It's very rarely the defeat that infuriates people. It's more often the manner of defeat.

I absolutely understand that the lads are in a bad place at the moment. I get that. I know that they aren't purposely going out to lose games. I get that. But they do need to realise that they are the only ones with the ability and power to stop the rot now. That seems to have escaped them over the last few years.

I'm not a keyboard warrior. I'm invested in Kildare GAA and want to see us being successful or at least competitive. We have tried to hide behind the big bad GAA and Leinsters funding of the dubs for long enough. Our current woes are firmly our fault.

Back to top Go down
Manhatten21
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 8:49 pm

TommyKeegan wrote:
Christ, where to start...

Were the equivalent of a semi, what's the point of that effort and what can you do with it anyway.

Was thinking about like of Willie McCreery who'd risk his being for a dirty ball versus that lot watching that. They're far bigger than Willie but utter cowards.

Paddy Woodgate was beyond shocking but it's unfair to blame just him for what was absolute junior c garbage on his behalf. Does he play football normally?

They're a bunch of players who just don't have the intelligence. Said if for years. It was pathetic. And in the era of sweeper keepers ours is obese.

Our manager at his age would be a better player than most of this team, and most of his team would be a better manager.

Knew we were beaten ten minutes in with the state of them all. Won't get near Tailteann Cup as winning takes pride and there is none there. I'm just angry at the cost of that shite.

Good morning Tommy. Just wondering why you only mentioned one player out of 20 who played yesterday. Is there an agenda or something against the player mentioned above. A great example of demonstrating stupidity to be fair to you and next to know knowledge so kudos to you on that.

Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 8:53 pm

When is the next county board meeting? It’ll be interesting to see how they side step this mess again.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 9:01 pm

For those who are 'shocked' at our decline, see the list below

Ben McCormack, Neil Flynn, Kevin Flynn, Jimmy Hyland, David Hyland, Jack Robinson, Daragh Malone

I am probably missing more but they would all have started yesterday. There are other factors too but missing above is the single biggest factor.

moatesports, Lánchúlaí and really_unofficial_kildare like this post

Back to top Go down
MickosMen
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 9:03 pm

Badger85 wrote:
When is the next county board meeting? It’ll be interesting to see how they side step this mess again.

I've pointed this out numerous times before. The clubs won't really press the CB on one team. Granted the flagship team but there are many more issues that the clubs will be invested in rather than this. Forget about county board meetings at this stage. It's solely up to the players now to try and salvage anything out of the season. A bit of pride and fight.

lilysavage likes this post

Back to top Go down
FionnMcCool
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 9:05 pm

Singing out one player or 10 players for their performance doesn't amount to personal abuse.

Just because someone doesn't agree with what you say doesn't amount to personal abuse.

Saying one player played poorly doesn't mean you have an agenda. Similarly saying one player played well doesn't mean you've a love in for him or his club either.

We're at a stage where almost professional athletes, managers, administrators cannot be questioned. Despite us funding this fucking debacle.

Donnellan done nothing wrong yesterday. Kickouts were good and stopped the shot when called upon. Result and Results to date 110% not his fault.

Mick O Grady had one of his better games as did Shay Ryan.

Burke was poor. His effort at a shot from the mark her won was cringeworthy and makes me ask the question as to what they're doing in training.

Paddy McDermott was poor and is following the trend of others that seems to be going downwards under Glen.

Eoin Doyle very poor. Gave away some very silly frees and butchered a goal chance in a passage of play that looked like we never played football before.

Seargant- has yet to prove he's good enough for this level, but certainly wasn't our worse performer yesterday.

Masterson - I think is too slow for Senior County level. But gives his all.

KOC - not sure how fit he was. Above all else I like his approach and attitude at driving at teams

Alex Beirne - unrecognisable as a player. Seems to be broken under the current set up

Niall Kelly - anonymous

Shane Farrell - the one and only player who could hold his head high

Feely - Done OK. Isn't a corner forward in the modern game. Square pegs in round holes
Kirwan - I think he's a fraud at this level. I've seen nothing from him.
Dan Flynn - I'll one thing for him - he keeps trying even if tits the same braindead run into traffic. He was abysmal.

Not personal. Just observations about their performance as footballers.

Nuxerfromthe50 and MickosMen like this post

Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 9:20 pm

We are where we are, lets the changes be made at the end of this season, for now we have to concentrate on the Tailteann Cup, bottom line is qualification for next years All Ireland is the prize for the winners, that would be a significant bonus for any new management team coming in for 2025.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 9:33 pm

Not a hope of winning Tailteann Cup under current management. Can you possibly see us beat Westmeath, Down or Fermanagh? Local derbies against Laois and Offaly coupe tricky as well. We've lost 9 of 11 games so far and can't score a goal.
Time for change at both management and players to set us up for next season.
Back to top Go down
Shergar
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 9:51 pm

We're not good enough to win the Tailteann Cup or even get back to Croke Park for the semi finals. Better off start thinking about next year. The few bright spots at the start of the league were some of the younger players playing Sigerson. Since the end of the Sigerson they have regressed to the point that they are at the same level as the rest. Says a tonnes about the set-up

Feel for Dan Flynn and the criticism he gets. He outlined last year work commitments meant he was abroad a bit and missing training yet he's picked to start and expected to produce bits of magic to save us. On the other hand the management were unwilling to make similar accommodations for Mark Dempsey studying Medicine in Limerick.

Biggest criticism of the players isn't even what we've seen on the field, its the fact they didn't rise up and say this management set-up isn't good enough by now. I'm dreading getting beaten by Laois or Offaly in the Tailteann

Thelillywhites and Lánchúlaí like this post

Back to top Go down
Lilywhite forever
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 9:52 pm

The manager isn't at at fault for stupid fouls, idiotic turnovers, and three players attacting one player leaving a louth forward loose inside the full forward line.
Thats common sense. Glenn has become the scapegoat here. Not saying he's the right man for the job, but these poor players haven't helped him one bit.
Back to top Go down
Ontheterrace
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 9:53 pm

Kildare127 wrote:
bloodsub wrote:
Can anyone attempt to explain why Donnellan was standing with his back to the play watching Louth break from defence on the big screen?

Probably didn't want to look at the sideline with that big oaf Ryan trying to instruct players while he can barely speak English himself.

This is the kind of comment that has no place on this forum....personal abuse and absolutely nothing to do with football.

lilysavage, All down the line and Southern Gael like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 22 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leinster Championship 2024
Page 22 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 25 ... 29  Next