Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Leinster Championship 2024

Go down 
+64
Clubman
bite the pillow
Kildare127
bloodsub
Liffey Likes
Nuxerfromthe50
Rex
TheGreatof1928
John_R
smokey
DannyBoy
Sleeptight
Ogie
flourman
Leead64
All down the line
Southern Gael
Kildarelilly
shunta15
Onhisboot
Bigfullforward
ClaneLillywhite
if_in_doubt
Columbo
Strangler
MD
Ontheterrace
CONNTRICK
Highball
OutSideOfTheBoot
donnellyshollow
Onechance
Thelillywhites
Tawnbag123
Lilywhite forever
Kildare999
Kildare98
Twentyeight
FlourBag_1
murof
KILL BILL
SplitThePosts
seamymurphy
lilysavage
Kildare-Tom
lily92
MickosMen
NorthernLily89
moatesports
OutTheGap
Badger85
LillieLad
BearintheSquare
Ohtoohtobe
TommyKeegan
Gaa1928
totalgaa
FionnMcCool
Flamingo
really_unofficial_kildare
newornowhere
Botch
Countyminor -84
jimmers
68 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 20 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2024 10:37 am

Flynn Sunday Game analysis terrible, but I have to say Paddy Andrews is really starting to do my head in as well. Always laying into Kildare but never as keen to discuss Dublin funding & home advantage.

I know Tommy Rooney isn’t sharpest tool in box, but you’d think as a Meath man he’d offer a bit of pushback. Or maybe not - like I say, Meath have given up at this stage. It’s only ever Kildare offering resistance in Leinster.

Actually, James O’Donoghue bought up Newbridge Or Nowhere documentary last week & Andrews goes, “Oh Jaysus, I’ve heard enough about that.” Now you know how we feel about six in a row, Paddy!
Back to top Go down
lily92
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2024 3:48 pm

I can't listen to Paddy Andrews. tend to mute or switch over if I'm watching on the telly and he starts talking.

Kildare98 and Onechance like this post

Back to top Go down
Lilywhite forever
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2024 5:39 pm

Kildare98 wrote:
Flynn Sunday Game analysis terrible, but I have to say Paddy Andrews is really starting to do my head in as well. Always laying into Kildare but never as keen to discuss Dublin funding & home advantage.

I know Tommy Rooney isn’t sharpest tool in box, but you’d think as a Meath man he’d offer a bit of pushback. Or maybe not - like I say, Meath have given up at this stage. It’s only ever Kildare offering resistance in Leinster.

Actually, James O’Donoghue bought up Newbridge Or Nowhere documentary last week & Andrews goes, “Oh Jaysus, I’ve heard enough about that.” Now you know how we feel about six in a row, Paddy!
Andrews is an arrogant little C U Next Tuesday . He's a cheeky fucker.
Of course these ex Dublin players don't want to hear any criticism towards their team. They'd rather point the finger at the rest of leinster.

The leinster championship died years ago.
Life support had been well switched off now.

Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2024 5:50 pm

You mean "Wolf" Andrews. A guy who was largely a sub at intercountry 🤣🤣🤣

Kildare98 and Onechance like this post

Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2024 7:21 pm

To give Andrews his due, he must have had phenomenal mentality, and been incredible presence in dressing room, because it definitely wasn’t about natural footballing ability.

Don’t want to be overly harsh on him, but I genuinely would have seen players with the likes of Nurney and Cappagh with more flair.

Back to top Go down
Onechance
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2024 7:23 pm

Kildare98 wrote:
To give Andrews his due, he must have had phenomenal mentality, and been incredible presence in dressing room, because it definitely wasn’t about natural footballing ability.

Don’t want to be overly harsh on him, but I genuinely would have seen players with the likes of Nurney and Cappagh with more flair.

Very harsh on Mikey Conway there, much better football ability and quality than Andrews i would say.

Kildare98, Thelillywhites, Southern Gael and Countyminor -84 like this post

Back to top Go down
Lilywhite forever
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2024 7:27 pm

I'm fairness to Andrews though he's right about kildare on Sunday. The slow attacks, Donnellans kick outs to the corner backs etc. Just what wicklow would have wanted.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2024 8:26 pm

Andrews wasn't exactly liked within his own dressing room, but he is a clever fella who is well-spoken and knows how to play the media game, especially in this whole era of buddy social media podcasts and docs.

Flynn seems like a decent fella but sure he is as dull as ditch water.

Just throwing this up for good measure - https://www.balls.ie/gaa/oisin-mcconville-dublin-cynicism-480840

Ontheterrace likes this post

Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2024 8:31 pm

We are losing to the likes of Fermanagh, I’d go all in on the Dublin funding issues and have done in the past but I don’t think this year is the year. We are a shit show and getting nothing out of the potential we have in the county. Look at the Nui Maynooth situation….

KILL BILL and lilysavage like this post

Back to top Go down
Twentyeight
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2024 8:43 pm

LillieLad wrote:
We are losing to the likes of Fermanagh, I’d go all in on the Dublin funding issues and have done in the past but I don’t think this year is the year. We are a shit show and getting nothing out of the potential we have in the county. Look at the Nui Maynooth situation….

Exactly this. You can talk about the benefits of a competitive provincial championship all you want but Fermanagh haven’t won a senior championship game in 6 years and they bet us out the gate.

Get to a level where we’re competitive and have our own house in order first before talking about Dublin. You can talk about population, resources and advantages all you like but Fermanagh have a Catholic population not much bigger than Naas and they embarrassed us.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2024 8:54 pm

Don’t see why we can’t talk about both - we can acknowledge we’ve had shit year whilst noting that Dublin funding is a scandal.

ClaneLillywhite likes this post

Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2024 9:00 pm

We are in a bad place right now but we need to accept that this team is going nowhere with the current management. However with a new manager we can use Div 3 and the Tailteann Cup if necessary to start the fight back. The lower standard in those competitions will allow us to integrate as many of the U20 players as possible and still win games. Other counties have done it and we can too. Forget about Dublin and the Leinster championship for now, it's not a level playing field. Let's focus on what we can do ourselves first to restore pride in the county.

OutTheGap and Kildare98 like this post

Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2024 10:43 pm

Giving out about people outside the county sticking the boot into Kildare after sticking the boot into Kildare since the dawn of the forum. I love it.

Ohtoohtobe, OutTheGap and Lánchúlaí like this post

Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2024 1:08 am

Ogie wrote:
Giving out about people outside the county sticking the boot into Kildare after sticking the boot into Kildare since the dawn of the forum. I love it.

As Tommy Tiernan once said about Navan: "It's a kip, but it's our kip!"

All has been said before and I'll say it again. Dublin issues are there and hold water, BUT we should not be where we are.

Hopefully Div 3 allows some things to be tried out as well as some new lads brought in. But, years ago Nolan threw in a lot of young lads fat once and it ruined some.

I don't think we should be banishing all the older heads, especially if you have the likes of Kelly still doing the business for the club and now is only getting a look in again.

Ogie, KILL BILL, Southern Gael and MickosMen like this post

Back to top Go down
MickosMen
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2024 1:18 am

I'm not buying the lazy argument that we are where we are because the Dubs have been given various advantages. It's too easy to look at it like that. Glenn was whinging last year about having to go into croker and get bet. We got them out of croker and it was embarrassing. We've been going down this path for a long time now. The gap has been 10-15 years in the making.
What are we doing to close it? What processes have we put in place? Why are Kerry, Tyrone, Mayo, Monaghan, Derry, Galway or Donegal not annually 15 or 20 points worse than the Dubs? Why?

It's like this. Either the likes of Meath and kildare stage a boycott of Leinster or we shut up and try to close the gap. That has to be done in house.

It's not just the Dubs we are way off and we know it.

Twentyeight likes this post

Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2024 2:08 am

Well for a start we unearthed a few young players with talent in port last Sunday also a few subs with guts when we lost a few of the injured lads, and with maybe one or 2 additions plus Ben, Jimmy, and a few others back who knows
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
Onechance
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2024 2:19 am

Ben and Jimmy wont be back this year, end of story, case closed!

Kildare-Tom likes this post

Back to top Go down
MickosMen
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2024 2:32 am

Onechance wrote:
Ben and Jimmy wont be back this year, end of story, case closed!

It's key that Ben and Jimmy get themselves right for next year so I'm nearly happier they are recovering now rather than having the set back when we need them to get out of division 3. This year is a dead rubber even if we get to a provincial final. It's actually mad when you think about it like that.

There is a door open there now for a few younger players to gain some experience. I think we should also be asking ourselves would certain key players have retired or gone traveling if Glenn and the lads had of stepped away. It is what it is but I do think there are players who have a lot to offer and aren't part of it for various reasons.

moatesports likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kildare-Tom
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2024 3:52 am

Ben is not in the panel anymore! Definitely certain players would have stayed around & not gone travelling if Glenn wasn't manager again.
You will see alot of them re joining the panel next year.

Lánchúlaí likes this post

Back to top Go down
Thelillywhites
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2024 4:44 am

https://m.sundayworld.com/sport/gaa/sean-mcgoldrick-kildare-in-need-of-another-saviour/a1866712853.html

"The Kildare GAA board had never shown much ambition when it came to their senior football team. After all, they had allowed Larry Tompkins, their best footballer for a generation, to defect to Cork.

It was the supporters club who instigated the revolution. The late Michael Osborne, then manager of the world famous Kildangan Stud, was the driving force. He enticed many leading business people in Kildare to join. Money was not an obstacle.

They drew up a shortlist of three candidates: O’Dwyer, Kevin Heffernan and Eugene McGee, all of whom had managed counties to All-Ireland wins.

Heffernan and McGee ruled themselves out and initially O’Dwyer was reluctant. But during a series of meetings in Adare, Osborne persuaded him to make the biggest switch in the history of the GAA.

"The story caused a sensation. When O’Dwyer made his first official visit to Kildare to watch the county final in Newbridge between Naas and Clane, he was mobbed by the huge attendance".

This is exactly what I'm talking about. I do want Kildare to beat Louth ( as much as Louth look the better team) and put ourselves up against Dublin. Leinster maybe a joke of a competition with Dublin but I would much rather Kildare competing in the All Ireland series than Tailteann.
A bit of ambition lads Kildare should be wanting to go up against the top teams.
I know where we are is where we are and any lad that was there would tell you. Yes, it was great to grind out the win and well done to the lads for that but, it was very much as you were from the league in terms of depending on individual class here and there from a few players rather than teamplay. There was still no real structure, good team passages of play, fitness level etc.
The two teams on Sunday looked very much division 4 standard but look that is why I am posting that it is crucial the next appointment for the senior manager is an ambitious one as it was back in the day when Micko and McGeeney were got.
If its not we will fall further for years just like Offaly, Laois etc
We need the right ambitious people with social capital to entice sponsorship and get the bandwagon going again. Conleths won't be paid for in Divison 3 let me tell you. Cutting corners has landed Kildare where they currently are.
If you have the right drivers a lot can achieved.

Last edited by Thelillywhites on Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total

KILL BILL likes this post

Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2024 5:18 am

That’s when the supporters club was thinking independently from the county board.

Now, club Kildare is a basic, fundraising arm of the board. Not forward thinking, not innovative and certainly not independent.
Back to top Go down
totalgaa
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2024 7:41 am

Just been on Ticketmaster looking at prices for Sunday week and I see no option to purchase Student OAP or Juvenile tickets.
Is this correct and are juveniles free and is that why no tickets are available and Students and OAPs pay full price
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2024 7:46 am

totalgaa wrote:
Just been on Ticketmaster looking at prices for Sunday week and I see no option to purchase Student OAP or Juvenile tickets.
Is this correct and are juveniles free and is that why no tickets are available and Students and OAPs pay full price
If I remember correctly you pay full price then you get a refund at Croke Park.
Back to top Go down
Strangler
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2024 11:44 am

totalgaa wrote:

Ticketmaster states Juveniles and Student/OAP tickets available in sections 301-323 only.

Option will only be available if you select seats in these sections
Back to top Go down
totalgaa
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2024 6:45 pm

Ticketmaster states Juveniles and Student/OAP tickets available in sections 301-323 only.

Option will only be available if you select seats in these sections
Thanks for the info

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leinster Championship 2024
Page 12 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 20 ... 29  Next