Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Leinster Championship 2024

Go down 
+64
Clubman
bite the pillow
Kildare127
bloodsub
Liffey Likes
Nuxerfromthe50
Rex
TheGreatof1928
John_R
smokey
DannyBoy
Sleeptight
Ogie
flourman
Leead64
All down the line
Southern Gael
Kildarelilly
shunta15
Onhisboot
Bigfullforward
ClaneLillywhite
if_in_doubt
Columbo
Strangler
MD
Ontheterrace
CONNTRICK
Highball
OutSideOfTheBoot
donnellyshollow
Onechance
Thelillywhites
Tawnbag123
Lilywhite forever
Kildare999
Kildare98
Twentyeight
FlourBag_1
murof
KILL BILL
SplitThePosts
seamymurphy
lilysavage
Kildare-Tom
lily92
MickosMen
NorthernLily89
moatesports
OutTheGap
Badger85
LillieLad
BearintheSquare
Ohtoohtobe
TommyKeegan
Gaa1928
totalgaa
FionnMcCool
Flamingo
really_unofficial_kildare
newornowhere
Botch
Countyminor -84
jimmers
68 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
totalgaa
Senior
Senior

Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2024 7:23 pm

Just tried again and only tickets available are either 328 or 334 or click on Map but when you click on Map and try and select nothing happens, I give up won't bother going too much hassle
Back to top Go down
Strangler
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2024 7:31 pm

totalgaa wrote:
Just tried again and only tickets available are either 328 or 334 or click on Map but when you click on Map and try and select nothing happens, I give up won't bother going too much hassle

Yea there is only 1 seat available in section 309 .When you select that (the 1 blue seat) you get the option,
Hopefully more tickets might be released in these sections later.
Back to top Go down
Ontheterrace
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2024 8:58 pm

Twentyeight wrote:
Fermanagh have a Catholic population not much bigger than Naas and they embarrassed us.
Are you suggesting only Catholics play GAA? Thankfully we've moved on from those times....North and south.

Ogie and KILL BILL like this post

Back to top Go down
Twentyeight
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2024 9:11 pm

Ontheterrace wrote:
Twentyeight wrote:
Fermanagh have a Catholic population not much bigger than Naas and they embarrassed us.
Are you suggesting only Catholics play GAA? Thankfully we've moved on from those times....North and south.

I know we’re from a long way away from the border but you’re showing your naivety there.

Do you know how many Protestants are in the Fermanagh panel? I’ll give you a clue if you want.

Roamin in the glomain is still a very popular song at any Fermanagh match I’ve been at.

I’m sure Protestants that live in Dungiven in Derry would love to represent the Kevin Lynch hurling club or the Protestants of East Tyrone would love to compete in the Paddy Kelly Cup in commemoration of the East Tyrone Brigade of the IRA 🙄

Cilldara_2000 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2024 11:47 pm

Should we start the Protestants in the GAA thread now, or let this one build up...
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2024 12:17 am

Last negative post from me this season (I hope), but this is a really good breakdown of Derry tactical approach & gameplan.

After reading it, you can only just laugh at how far we are behind top teams. Lads, we are in the stone ages quite frankly. I am pretty nerdy in studying teams’ set-ups, and from what I see of Kildare this season, we seem to be playing (very badly) a version of what Dublin were doing 7/8 years ago - extended passages of lateral passing, and if that doesn’t work, booting it long to Feely (who to be fair, is performing heroics, and has had the misfortune of playing for this Kildare team when his talents deserved a serious, non-joke team like 97-2000 side).

Have to say I was a bit surprised about enthusiasm in over Colm Nally’s appointment, as all I ever heard about him was he was a great lad for strategies & theories, but a bit clueless on nuts & bolts of how to implement it. Yes, players attitude & mentality has been shameful this season, but they aren’t being given the right framework to play in.

Anyway, that’s enough from me on that.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/2024/04/18/tactical-breakdown-how-mickey-hartes-side-have-evolved-into-derry-20/
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2024 12:29 am

It's sad really we still in ball game yet all we get here is lads wanting us to get beaten up I say we beat louth and get to all ireland series id love to shove it up to louth manager we owe him one

lilywhites on tour likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2024 12:40 am

I honestly think some of these coaching gurus need to justofy their existence with over-complicating things and trying to be too clever.

You have the wind. You have Kevin Feely inside...so kick it in ta fook! Lads can be coached to the nth degree but when you have him inside and as I said Kelly and Masterson to deliver - let rip. And I don't mean coming down with snow on it. The nice angled ball could do damage.

But, instead we stroll up the field and don't even engage the men. I notice now how if a player feints to just turn back before contact on the opposition 45 but then turn to run on they catch people off guard.

Derry have a two men in the middle as strike runners who can go and stay gone if needs be. So do we in K Flynn and the likes, but we need to drag the defence out. Our forwards tend to mirror each other's movement too and we never create space...

Even when we are going well we rarely play our own game or to our strenghts unless the oppsoition lies down. That's been an issues before Glenn. It means that we sometimes can beat better teams when the game they play suits ours.

Like, I'd like to see one tactic from that list tried. Like pundits watching our games are openly wondering wtf we are trying to do at times. I wonder how much clarity the players have?
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2024 12:46 am

It’s true Ger Brennan is very dismissive of Kildare football, even for a Dub. Also, as a Moorefield supporter, I have to say he came in & he was fucking shit tbh.

Team should definitely be using it as motivation although you’d never know with these lads.

Moorefieldbhoy, moatesports and Gaa1928 like this post

Back to top Go down
Ontheterrace
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2024 2:42 am

Twentyeight wrote:
Ontheterrace wrote:
Twentyeight wrote:

I know we’re from a long way away from the border but you’re showing your naivety there.

Do you know how many Protestants are in the Fermanagh panel? I’ll give you a clue if you want.

Roamin in the glomain is still a very popular song at any Fermanagh match I’ve been at.

I’m sure Protestants that live in Dungiven in Derry would love to represent the Kevin Lynch hurling club or the Protestants of East Tyrone would love to compete in the Paddy Kelly Cup in commemoration of the East Tyrone Brigade of the IRA 🙄

As a member of the selfsame group [Prods] I really did hope those days were behind us.
Funny, I do remember an opposition Dan at a league match, in Cavan I think, wondering whether Stewart Mackenzie-Smyth was a Protestant....simply because of his name !!!!
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2024 2:51 am

When Ger Brennan was a pundit on the smaller fish, he said Kildare players love “licking themselves after a win” would love beat them and shove his comments up his hole.

Moorefieldbhoy, lilywhites on tour and Kildare98 like this post

Back to top Go down
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2024 4:01 am

LillieLad wrote:
When Ger Brennan was a pundit on the smaller fish, he said Kildare players love “licking themselves after a win” would love beat them and shove his comments up his hole.

On the Gaa Hour a couple of years ago: "Kildare have a tendency to lick themselves after a good result" - Ger Brennan.

Would absolutely love to bring up that comment if we get a win.

Ohtoohtobe, Kildare98 and LillieLad like this post

Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2024 8:09 am

Any word on Micko and Dan's injuries at the weekend?
Back to top Go down
Sleeptight
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2024 6:06 pm

MickosMen wrote:
I'm not buying the lazy argument that we are where we are because the Dubs have been given various advantages. It's too easy to look at it like that. Glenn was whinging last year about having to go into croker and get bet. We got them out of croker and it was embarrassing. We've been going down this path for a long time now. The gap has been 10-15 years in the making.
What are we doing to close it? What processes have we put in place? Why are Kerry, Tyrone, Mayo, Monaghan, Derry, Galway or Donegal not annually 15 or 20 points worse than the Dubs? Why?

It's like this. Either the likes of Meath and kildare stage a boycott of Leinster or we shut up and try to close the gap. That has to be done in house.

It's not just the Dubs we are way off and we know it.

I'm not buying into the lazy argument thats the Dubs getting every advantage known too man is not the main reason for our demise.

Every other team you mention above has a chance of a provincial title. Kildare nor Meath haven't a hope. Funny that they are in the same povince as Dublin!!

KILL BILL likes this post

Back to top Go down
Twentyeight
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2024 11:17 pm

Sleeptight wrote:
MickosMen wrote:
I'm not buying the lazy argument that we are where we are because the Dubs have been given various advantages. It's too easy to look at it like that. Glenn was whinging last year about having to go into croker and get bet. We got them out of croker and it was embarrassing. We've been going down this path for a long time now. The gap has been 10-15 years in the making.
What are we doing to close it? What processes have we put in place? Why are Kerry, Tyrone, Mayo, Monaghan, Derry, Galway or Donegal not annually 15 or 20 points worse than the Dubs? Why?

It's like this. Either the likes of Meath and kildare stage a boycott of Leinster or we shut up and try to close the gap. That has to be done in house.

It's not just the Dubs we are way off and we know it.

I'm not buying into the lazy argument thats the Dubs getting every advantage known too man is not the main reason for our demise.

Every other team you mention above has a chance of a provincial title. Kildare nor Meath haven't a hope. Funny that they are in the same povince as Dublin!!

When have we ever been competitive against Dublin, we’ve only beaten them twice in the championship in the last 50+ years?
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2024 11:22 pm

Back to next week, what changes are we making??
Who replaces Kev Flynn? Is KOC good to go?
Judging by how open we were in first half against Wicklow, i would bring in Houli or Harry (or both)and play McDermott as a half forward . Regardless of personnel, we have to plug up that defence or Louth will get goals.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2024 11:36 pm

Any chance the management have noticed our abysmal goal scoring record? We won't beat Louth with points only.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2024 12:54 am

lilysavage wrote:
Back to next week, what changes are we making??
Who replaces Kev Flynn? Is KOC good to go?
Judging by how open we were in first half against Wicklow, i would bring in Houli or Harry (or both)and play McDermott as a half forward . Regardless of personnel, we have to plug up that defence or Louth will get goals.

Wicklow fluffed one real goal chance when Donnellan dived early.

McDermott has pace but he doesn't really carry out enough so maybe half forward is the place. Harry O'Neill has a great head on him.

I'd start Houlihan if he is fit any day of the week. KOC will just drop straight in if he is right too.

lilysavage likes this post

Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2024 8:20 pm

We’ll struggle to cope with Louth if they inject any pace into their play. I fear we’ll be chasing shadows as Louth run into vast open spaces.

IF we do stick with them I’d expect the usual 60 minute fitness collapse and that’s where they’ll pull away.

All in all, I can’t see a Kildare win. We’ve so few danger men that they can afford to double up on them. So Feely and Niall Kelly will be in for special treatment.

We’ve no long range free taker to speak of. Relying on Donnellan to throw a leg at it won’t suffice.

The lads who come off the bench aren’t impactful enough to change the overall trajectory of the team.

Taking all that into account, we shouldn’t win. But you never know.
Back to top Go down
FionnMcCool
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2024 4:59 am

Anyone watching Donegal v Derry.

Donegal playing a fantastic defensive game and breaking on the turn over. Ferocious in the tackle.
Relentless fitness and pace.

Kildare is like the Wish or Temu version of it.
Back to top Go down
Twentyeight
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2024 5:24 am

FionnMcCool wrote:
Anyone watching Donegal v Derry.

Donegal playing a fantastic defensive game and breaking on the turn over. Ferocious in the tackle.
Relentless fitness and pace.

Kildare is like the Wish or Temu version of it.

This is what happens when a county has standards and demands success. Donegal were going poorly and Paddy Carr was put out the door.

In Kildare we give them an extra year and get relegated down to division 3

Kildare98, Thelillywhites, Southern Gael and Lánchúlaí like this post

Back to top Go down
lily92
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2024 5:52 am

What is the advantage of winning a provincial final?
Back to top Go down
FionnMcCool
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2024 5:53 am

lily92 wrote:

What's the advantage of winning games?

Who knows really.
Back to top Go down
lily92
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2024 5:55 am

FionnMcCool wrote:
lily92 wrote:

What's the advantage of winning games?

Who knows really.

come on now. Derry have just been dumped out of Ulster but still in the All-Ireland.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2024 5:57 am

Absolutely stupid having the goalie out contesting the kick outs, ridiculous
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leinster Championship 2024
Page 13 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20 ... 27  Next