Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dublin v Tyrone

Go down 
+27
kickingking
parcel
townend
Sam1928
tomcruise
peile
koko39
Big Full Back
rgb
BelieveToAchieve
if_in_doubt
Dinny Breen
stanley
ElGuerrouj
naked-lilly
Taibi
jj
kildarecat
Maynoothlillie
MD
ripvanwinkle
Jimmy winning matches
Stonecold
Fear An Geata
Could'nt Trap Cement
hawker
FearBan
31 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
FearBan
Intercounty
Intercounty
FearBan

Dublin v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Dublin v Tyrone   Dublin v Tyrone Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 5:55 am

Half time and the Dub's look very good.

They look hungrier and a lot fresher and more skillful. Tyrone look poor so far and are showing their collective mileage. I was disappointed with Tyrone against Roscommon, they just look sluggish.

Connolly's first half emphasises just how good Mick Foley is. He's been outstanding so far but the Tyrone defence is appalling. Senan Kilbride showed the cracks last week. Dublin are exploiting them so far.

I wonder if Tyrone will try and bully Dublin and revert to their usual tactics to assert their authority?

On a side note, Marty Morrissey is somehow wanting me to turn off an excellent game. His comments and remarks are ridiculous, stupid and annoying.
Back to top Go down
hawker
Intercounty
Intercounty

Dublin v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Tyrone   Dublin v Tyrone Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 6:29 am

Impressive stuff I have to say. Getting a lot of room though.
Back to top Go down
Could'nt Trap Cement
Senior
Senior

Dublin v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Tyrone   Dublin v Tyrone Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 6:41 am

Great weeks of dublin hype to follow before they suffer the near inevitable loss to kerry in the al final

Last edited by Could'nt Trap Cement on Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

Dublin v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Tyrone   Dublin v Tyrone Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 6:50 am

Best of luck against Donegal Vodafone Wink , its an all ireland for dublin to lose bounce , a win in this semi drunken then a comfortable all ireland title. Very Happy Razz

P.S. Did I put enough smilies in ? lol!
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

Dublin v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Tyrone   Dublin v Tyrone Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 7:50 am

Great scores from both teams, very high scoring. Marking from Tyrone full back line was very poor. All 4 provincial winners still there. Kerry v Dublin...................
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

Dublin v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Tyrone   Dublin v Tyrone Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 9:19 am

was a dubs game tonight the it rain for 2 hours before the match both teams got some great scores i think they missed 4 goals the brogans ran the show in forwards , the astmoshpere was great at match , thought the ref favoured tyrone overall ,
Back to top Go down
ripvanwinkle
Senior
Senior
ripvanwinkle

Dublin v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Tyrone   Dublin v Tyrone Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 10:54 am

dublin were getting everything in the first half, some very odd decisions i felt from the referee. tyrone are a shade of their former self and although i think dublin will beat donegal i think its a pretty weak all ireland semi line up bar kerry and they should win it comfortably from here.
Back to top Go down
MD
All-Star
All-Star
MD

Dublin v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Tyrone   Dublin v Tyrone Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 11:01 am

The full back line was in bits for Tyrone, loose all over the place,really disappointed not something you would expect from Tyrone. Dublin-Kerry final with the Kingdom taking it.
Back to top Go down
Maynoothlillie
Junior C
Junior C

Dublin v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Tyrone   Dublin v Tyrone Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 9:05 pm

In a strange way, the ref last week did us a favour. Dublin were awesome last night and I think we would have struggled badly against them in the semi final. Let's give our support to the last remaining Leinster team in the All Ireland.
Back to top Go down
hawker
Intercounty
Intercounty

Dublin v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Tyrone   Dublin v Tyrone Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 9:36 pm

Maynoothlillie wrote:
In a strange way, the ref last week did us a favour. Dublin were awesome last night and I think we would have struggled badly against them in the semi final. Let's give our support to the last remaining Leinster team in the All Ireland.

Ehhh no.
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

Dublin v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Tyrone   Dublin v Tyrone Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 9:56 pm

Visually impressive, and totted up a great score considering the conditions, but do we take this result at face value?.
Tyrone were simply awful at the back, the full back line in particular allowing acres of space for Dublin to utilise.
But I just can't get out of my head the 3 mediocre performances from Dublin that went before, Laois had bundles of possession especially around midfield but were toothless up front, Kildare didn't play anywhere near their best compounded by questionable tactics yet should have had a replay, a game I'm convinced Kildare would have won if allowed the opportunity?.
The Leinster final against Wexford Dublin looked extremely ordinary only for a lucky goal they might well have joined Kildare in the backdoor?.

Donegal won't allow them the same luxury at the back that Tyrone afforded them but probably won't offer enough up front to do any major damage, so its hard to see anything other than a Dublin win, but the jury remains out with me as to the real merits of Dublins performance last night.

Kerry look stonewall certainties for another All Ireland title.

Just a little observation, the panel last night were discussing the supposed superb defending by Dublin?, Spillane saying they weren't fouling but by the tone of his voice you got the feeling he wasn't too sincere in his observations of some of Dublins defending? but was reluctant to say what he really meant incase he might have been accused of moaning because it would be folly to take anything away from such a wonderful display by the Metropolitans.
I myself thought the Dublin backs fouled Tyrone forwards numerous times with the ref totally ignoring it, in one particular incident a Tyrone player running through was nearly swung right around by the neck, play on says the ref?, overall they defended well but some of it was to my eye not exactly legit.
Referee's will give defenders soft easy frees when coming out with the ball, or will blow for something innocuous around midfield well away from the danger zone, but when forwards are within striking distance they often have to be nearly man handled to the ground before the ref will blow and even then he sometimes won't blow at all, with the forward looking up from the ground in total disbelief.
Its an entrenched mindset for some reason?, they just can't help themselves, or if a team is winning easy free kicks are at a premium but barely breathe on the losing team and its free after free after free!.

Anyway let the HYPE begin!!!

Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

Dublin v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Tyrone   Dublin v Tyrone Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 10:03 pm

Maynoothlillie wrote:
There's been a few bizarre posts in here lately but I think that is definitely number 1. Sure why did we bother entering at all !
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

Dublin v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Tyrone   Dublin v Tyrone Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 11:14 pm

Maynoothlillie wrote:
Are you on a fcuking wind-up?
Back to top Go down
naked-lilly
Senior
Senior
naked-lilly

Dublin v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Tyrone   Dublin v Tyrone Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 11:23 pm

Maynoothlillie wrote:

id rather iron the rinkles out of my sack!
ABD!!!
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

Dublin v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Tyrone   Dublin v Tyrone Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 11:27 pm

Maynoothlillie wrote:

Oh jesus, as if people needed any reason to tar people from north kildare as dubs, and then you come out with this gem!!??

Only seen second half of Dubs game but they looked very impressive, have to say I'm worried now that they will win........ We'll never hear the end of it :-(

Back to top Go down
stanley
Intercounty
Intercounty
stanley

Dublin v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Tyrone   Dublin v Tyrone Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 11:55 pm

Maynoothlillie wrote:

I was out early gathering forest mushrooms for breakfast too today.
It is very easy to pick the wrong ones which look and taste the same but they aren't really good for you.
Back to top Go down
Maynoothlillie
Junior C
Junior C

Dublin v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Tyrone   Dublin v Tyrone Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 12:38 am

No wind up my friend. There hasn't been a Leinster team in the all Ireland final for donkey's years and if Dublin get there it'll improve the standard in the province. Still stand by my comment that Dublin would have caused serious problems for Kildare if we met them again. We have to face the fact that we had 30 minutes against 14 men and couldn't use it to our advantage.

Sometimes it hurts to face the truth, but Gilroy did that with dublin after they were hammered by Kerry in the 2009 Q/F. He abandoned that team, put his own stamp on their shape and wasn't afraid to get rid of the likes of Whelan and Sherlock. McGeeney should maybe have a look at this option, as the current group are very like Dublin a few years ago, flattering to deceive, but losers Crying or Very sad

Taibi wrote:
Maynoothlillie wrote:
Back to top Go down
Dinny Breen
Senior
Senior
Dinny Breen

Dublin v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Tyrone   Dublin v Tyrone Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 1:38 am

Maynoothlillie wrote:
No wind up my friend. There hasn't been a Leinster team in the all Ireland final for donkey's years and if Dublin get there it'll improve the standard in the province. Still stand by my comment that Dublin would have caused serious problems for Kildare if we met them again. We have to face the fact that we had 30 minutes against 14 men and couldn't use it to our advantage.

Sometimes it hurts to face the truth, but Gilroy did that with dublin after they were hammered by Kerry in the 2009 Q/F. He abandoned that team, put his own stamp on their shape and wasn't afraid to get rid of the likes of Whelan and Sherlock. McGeeney should maybe have a look at this option, as the current group are very like Dublin a few years ago, flattering to deceive, but losers Crying or Very sad

Taibi wrote:
Maynoothlillie wrote:

Sorry but we did we reduced a 5 point lead to to level and then we all know what happened. I hate that revisionism.

Dublin and Kildare are at a similar level except mentally, Dublin expect to beat Kildare we don't expect to beat Dublin.

Think Dublin could be Armagh to our Tyrone over the next 10 years Very Happy

Last edited by Dinny Breen on Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

Dublin v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Tyrone   Dublin v Tyrone Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 1:39 am

Maynoothlillie wrote:

Taibi wrote:
Maynoothlillie wrote:

Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

Dublin v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Tyrone   Dublin v Tyrone Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 2:11 am

Maynoothlillie wrote:

Hahhahah yeah lets retire JD, Emmet and Dermot Earley................. ohh god silly season has started early............... by the way when was the last time we were hammered they way Dublin have been???
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

Dublin v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Tyrone   Dublin v Tyrone Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 3:08 am

Maynoothlillie wrote:

Taibi wrote:
Maynoothlillie wrote:

How ironic it is that a Maynooth person should come on a football website and declare Kildare as LOSERS. I fail to recall your football teasm even manageing to flatter anybody and still end up LOSERS all the time.

McGeeney is constantly looking at his options and constantly improving. HEres hoping this will continue BUT the injuries will clear up and will end up with the solid panel.

IN the meantime I suggest you go for a game of handball with Fiachra,Brefney, Ronaaaaaaaan, Pierre and the boish. PErhaps a poynt of hoyyno on the way home. LEave the football to people who know what they're talking about lol!
Back to top Go down
hawker
Intercounty
Intercounty

Dublin v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Tyrone   Dublin v Tyrone Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 5:09 am

naked-lilly wrote:
Maynoothlillie wrote:

ABD!!!

F***in classic post. Nothing like a good laugh on a Sunday evening.

We've been knocked out of the championship in McGeeneys term by not more than three points in those four years. We're knocking on the door but the f**king thing won't open.
Back to top Go down
Maynoothlillie
Junior C
Junior C

Dublin v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Tyrone   Dublin v Tyrone Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 7:36 am

And you regard only losing by a max of 3 points as success??? Moral victories are worthless

hawker wrote:
naked-lilly wrote:
Maynoothlillie wrote:

ABD!!!

We've been knocked out of the championship in McGeeneys term by not more than three points in those four years. We're knocking on the door but the f**king thing won't open.
Back to top Go down
hawker
Intercounty
Intercounty

Dublin v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Tyrone   Dublin v Tyrone Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 8:21 am

Maynoothlillie wrote:
And you regard only losing by a max of 3 points as success??? Moral victories are worthless

hawker wrote:
naked-lilly wrote:
Maynoothlillie wrote:

ABD!!!

Show me where I wrote that I considered a three point defeat as a success? I was merely counteracting your post where you wrote that we would have struggled against Dublin. SoI'd prefer it you did't me out to be writing something that I'm not.

Your post was absolutely ridicilous and frankly its an insult to the players, management and real Kildare fans on this forum to say that the ref did us a favour.
Back to top Go down
Maynoothlillie
Junior C
Junior C

Dublin v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Tyrone   Dublin v Tyrone Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 9:27 am

By even mentioning that we only lost by a max of 3 points speaks for itself. I am not insulting anybody associated with Kildare, just pointing out that we have to change things to make progress. If it means, getting rid of Johnny Doyle and a few others, so be it. This team hasn't delivered and never will. They are mentally scarred and if it means a couple of years in the outer wilderness,(we are currently in the inner wilderness) so be it. It'll be worth it in the long run.

hawker wrote:
Maynoothlillie wrote:

hawker wrote:
naked-lilly wrote:
Maynoothlillie wrote:

ABD!!!

Show me where I wrote that I considered a three point defeat as a success? I was merely counteracting your post where you wrote that we would have struggled against Dublin. SoI'd prefer it you did't me out to be writing something that I'm not.

Your post was absolutely ridicilous and frankly its an insult to the players, management and real Kildare fans on this forum to say that the ref did us a favour.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dublin v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Tyrone   Dublin v Tyrone Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dublin v Tyrone
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next