Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Tyrone

Go down 
+34
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Stonecold
TommyKeegan
Taibi
Dinny Breen
Rex
Ogie
kildaregaa365
Onhisboot
hawker
johnsmyth
if_in_doubt
flourman
Sam1928
bag of white
Ohtoohtobe
lilywhites on tour
Westside
gmaccc
inexile
bite the pillow
bob12
jimmers
teedee
fatherted
OutTheGap
lillyboy
shoutitout
LillieLad
Gaa1928
Jimmy winning matches
kickingking
SeamusMurphy
topcat
38 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

Kildare v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 2:47 am

Three days before a huge game in terms of league survival and not a word on it. Shows me there is a complete drop in  interest this year.

Big game whatever way you look at it. Win and survival is probably two points away. Lose and we are really knee deep in the shit.

Tyrone no doubt our bogey team. Can't seem to figure them out at all. Great manager coupled with very good players and one brilliant player in Kavanagh and that's hard to beat.

I have serious concerns about the way we have looked in our two league games. Wide open in both and when we were under the cost against Cork our old habits reappeared. Tyrone will punish us on the goal chances so unless we have decided to tighten up defensively we are going to get beat again and the questions will start being asked.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 3:49 am

I have to admit I am not expecting much from our next 2 games. Tyrone always take the league very seriously and have proven to be a bogey team for us the last year or so. If we cough up the same number of goal chances to Tyrone as we did to Mayo and Cork we will be on the wrong end of a hiding.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

Kildare v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 3:53 am

Are Brophy, Hyland, Donnellan and Conway going to be rested with the 21s in action next Wednesday?
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 4:33 am

Cant see them being available KK.. Is Donnellan not overage?
Tyrone are a Serious outfit, and One who imo wont be far away from League and AI Honours this term.. and in Ronan O Neill they have unearthed a real gem. He was the standout Player in the Signerson Cup Final at the Weekend, as good a Centre Forward display as I have seen in a while.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

Kildare v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 4:48 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Cant see them being available KK.. Is Donnellan not overage?

Right you are, my mistake. Crazy amount of football those guys are playing these days with the Sigerson and their county commitments.

Ollie Lyons and Bolton ruled out so we are very short on defenders at the moment. I can see McGrillen returning to the team.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 8:20 am

conor   tiernan  has left  panel army duties and johnny doyle could return in 3 weeks
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 8:31 am

I think we could win if we don't concede any goals however if we don't tighten up at the back and leave a centre back there we could leak any amount of goals, particulary if Tyrone are allowed the run down through the middle straight at our defence.

While I hate it, it might be a day for dropping an extra player back in defence.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 9:42 am

So many lads missing and out injured, I can't see us winning this game, hope to god we do though!!We need to stop Harte's runs down the middle..
Back to top Go down
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

Kildare v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 10:26 pm

I am not so sure we can afford to leave Hyland and Brophy out of the team this weekend with the injuries that we have. If Bolton and Lyons were fit then maybe Hyland would be left out but Brophy looks a cert for a starting spot come the summer so why not play him.
I agree that Tyrone are a very good team but I don't believe that this game is not there to be won. Yes Tyrone will be the favorites but I remember when Kildare loved being the underdog and coming out fighting with everything they had to cause an upset. If the lads give it everything they have and stop the runs from deep I think we have a good chance of getting a result.

For me:

1. Connolly
2. O’Grady
3. Mick Foley
4. Murnaghan
5. Hyland
6. McGrillen/Conway
7. Cribbin
8. Flynn
9. White
10. McNally
11. O’Flaherty
12. O'Neill
13. Brophy
14. Fogarty
15. Mulhall

Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 12:24 am

No spot for Hurley or Moolick?, Are they injured?
Kildare 6/4. Tyrone 4/6. draw 15/2.. about right I suppose.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 3:36 am

Sunday is about opportunity to play Chalky @6, Lynch and Flynn could do with some game time and we need to try something a little different in defense
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 3:48 am

Flynn has always done reasonably well on Sean Cavanagh so probably worth trying that match up again next Sunday.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 6:26 am

Here lads whats the story with tickets tried super value in sallins and no luck, anywhere you know for definite selling them??
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

Kildare v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 10:30 am

Tyrone team for Sunday - There are 3 changes from the Tyrone team that defeated Mayo. Ryan McKenna, Sean Cavanagh and Connor McAliskey come in for Tiernan McCann, Shay McGuigan and Peter Hughes

1 - Niall Morgan
2 - Aidan McCrory
3 - Conor Clarke
4 - Barry Tierney
5 - Ciaran McGinley
6 - Peter Harte
7 - Ryan McKenna
8 - Conan Grugan
9 - Colm Cavanagh
10 - Emmett McKenna
11 - Ronan O'Neill
12 - Sean Cavanagh
13 - Darren McCurry
14 - Mattie Donnelly
15 - Connor McAliskey
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 10:35 am

Strong side and daunting given our record against them, our defensive efforts, their forwards and their form this season.
Back to top Go down

Kildare v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 8:05 pm

I see nothing other than a 6/7 point defeat in this.

Tyrone will be just too strong all over the field.

I think they'll control the game from start to finish.

They have some big guns back, it gets serious now for them.
Back to top Go down
Westside
Intercounty
Intercounty

Kildare v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 8:16 pm

Very positive stuff Walter!

I can see us getting a win in this game. The tight pitch will not afford the Tyrone forwards the space they need. It's just a pity we are missing so many players, i'm looking forward to seeing the team take shape once everyone is back.
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 8:31 pm

Kildare team for Sunday. Shane Connolly back in goals and Hugh McGrillen for Emmet Bolton are the only changes.

1. Shane Connolly
2. Mick O’Grady
3. Mick Foley
4. Hugh McGrillen
5. Kevin Murnaghan
6. Fergal Conway
7. Paul Cribbin
8. Tommy Moolick
9. Gary White
10. Cathal McNally
11. Eoghan O’Flaherty
12. Sean Hurley
13. Paddy Brophy
14. Tomás O’Connor
15. Darroch Mulhall
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 9:15 pm

We have played Tyrone 5 times in the last 2 years and the only time we beat them was when we stopped them scoring a goal. I think that is the key to beating them as they tend to gain control of the game after the goal and we never seem able to peg them back.
That is probably the best team we could have picked given the injury list. It will be interesting to see if the defence is any better with Bolton missing!
Back to top Go down
johnsmyth
Intercounty
Intercounty

Kildare v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 9:45 pm

In attack there is no doubting Tyrones ability, but there are question marks over they're midfield and defence. Like against us Mayo should have scored 3 goals in the first ten minutes against Tyrone and Tyrone were flattered by the scoreline as Mayo wasted chance after chance. On the other hand Tyrone are seriously composed in front of goal given the space. They are rightly favourites and will take goal opportunities if they are handed to them.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 11:31 pm

I think a six-point defeat would be a fairly positive result to be honest looking at the two teams. Though Tyrone are vulnerable defensively, they are dynamite going forward so far this year. Don't see anything in the form book that suggests Kildare should win. They could if everything clicked but nine times out of 10, this Tyrone team will beat this Kildare team.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 11:51 pm

I heard last night that the 21s won't be playing Sunday so I would expect changes to that team.
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

Kildare v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 1:09 am

Ogie wrote:
I think a six-point defeat would be a fairly positive result to be honest looking at the two teams. Though Tyrone are vulnerable defensively, they are dynamite going forward so far this year. Don't see anything in the form book that suggests Kildare should win. They could if everything clicked but nine times out of 10, this Tyrone team will beat this Kildare team.

Is that where we are now after all the effort put in over the last six years. Exclaiming a six or seven point defeat at home is a good result.
Not wanting to mention the war but that is the exact attitude that the previous manager did his best to eradicate.
Jason Ryan will and can only be judged on results. If they get beat by six or seven on Sunday there will be a lot of good will lost and the pressure will be on.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 2:09 am

Baba,
The last manager's record against Tyrone was very poor over those 6 years so surely it would be a bit unfair on Ryan to judge him on Sundays result alone? No one expected the amount of injuries we have and they are mainly to the more experienced players which leaves a lot of young players with a lot of responsibility on their shoulders very early in the season.
The game against Kerry is the really big one to win with Westmeath in the last game. That should ensure survival in the top tier and I would be delighted with that in the circumstances.
Back to top Go down
johnsmyth
Intercounty
Intercounty

Kildare v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 2:32 am

So what are you hoping for Baba? Would a 10 point defeat make you happy or would you want us to get beaten by more?
Ryan will and should be judged on how the team performs in the championship and if he manages to win nothing it will be no less than the last manager.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kildare v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Tyrone
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next