Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Tyrone

Go down 
+34
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Stonecold
TommyKeegan
Taibi
Dinny Breen
Rex
Ogie
kildaregaa365
Onhisboot
hawker
johnsmyth
if_in_doubt
flourman
Sam1928
bag of white
Ohtoohtobe
lilywhites on tour
Westside
gmaccc
inexile
bite the pillow
bob12
jimmers
teedee
fatherted
OutTheGap
lillyboy
shoutitout
LillieLad
Gaa1928
Jimmy winning matches
kickingking
SeamusMurphy
topcat
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

Kildare v Tyrone - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 4:14 pm

Smyth, I want us to win you loon. I've said the exact opposite of what you have just typed. Read what I said and come back to me with your tail between your legs.

I agree, murof he will be judged at the end of the year, if the end of the year comes in July he'll go the same way as the last manager. That's the level we have set and it's the level all our managers will be judged on.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 6:00 pm

The new manager will be judged on our Leinster championship performance predominantly then qualifiers if required then league and lastly o Byrne cup. If we suffer another hiding at the hands of dubs or Meath or get beat by Louth/WM then the manager will probably be under pressure to do well in the qualifiers. I personally think getting rid of any manager after one campaign regardless of results would be stupid carry on anyway. Ryan needs time to put his stamp on the panel which can't be done in one campaign.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 6:05 pm

It's stupid to say that Jason will be gone in July. He's in one year. While getting rid of McGeeney was mad, getting rid of a man of the calibre of Ryan after one year would nearly be even madder.

I'd consider my assessment of this game as realistic but sure then so does everyone. Apart from the odd person who likes a reaction. It was the same assessment I had last year. Because the team last year and the team this year, were/are not the same as the teams of 2009/2010. Apples and oranges.

And what last year and 2012 also proved is that what happens before May is irrelevant when it comes to how your are judged as a manager and team, regardless of how much people want to stay in Division 1.

2012, won Div 2 league - bad season.
2013, won OBC and Div 1 semi - bad season

Back in 2007, got to Div 1 semi - bad season.

Like Tyrone are being viewed, a bit prematurely I think, but by analysts I'd rate as being real threats to Dublin for All-Ireland honours this year. I don't see Kildare at that level and I won't be denigrating Jason Ryan as a result.

Anyway, unfortunately I'm working elsewhere but I hope they put in a good performance and maybe the likes of Mick O'Grady, Paddy Brophy, Darroch and Murno get a good examination and come out of it flying. That would be great. The win would be mighty but we already have two points more than I was expecting.
Back to top Go down
johnsmyth
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 6:13 pm

Baba. As you can see most people can understand there will be no pressure if we lose this game. Except from lemons like you.
Back to top Go down
fatherted
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 6:27 pm

As soon as there's a hint of doom the ould reliables start hovering here
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 6:46 pm

I wouldn't be as downbeat as some. There's no doubt Tyrone are going well but we've done ok ourselves this year despite the disappointment in Cork (the one game I missed so maybe I'm the lucky charm). Tyrone will be favourites and on known form we'll lose but I'd hope we'd get closer than 6 or 7 points. We played shi_te in July against them and still only lost by a couple of points. A lot depends on line up though - I'd prefer to see Fogarty in for Tomas but I'm a broken record on that score. If Brophy is held back for the under 21s (he probably should be given he's been playing Sigerson as well) that lessens our chances.

I'm looking forward to some of the predictions next week for Croker !!

Back to top Go down
teedee
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 2:07 pm

obviously we all want our lads to win every game, but every game these lads play against top opposition is so important to the developement of the many young lads involved. how do we know how good we are unless we play against the best? mayo cork dublin and kerry are the best and tyrone not far behind. jesus lads just turn up and support our team the best we can, and if every player comes off the pitch, having given their best, i think thats all we can ask for with so many changes since last yr. was it only 4 who started against cork this yr that started against them last yr? these games against the best will be tough, but if it shows the lads what it takes to be the best, well lets get behind them and see where it takes us. we still believe, KILDARE I LOVE YOU.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 6:24 pm

Who said we wouldn't get behind them?
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 8:49 pm

See Cork beat Dublin tonight, maybe puts our performance against them in a better light. However it does make our game against Dublin that much harder.
I think we pay Dublin too much respect and would love to see us tear into them like we did for a brief period in the Micko days.
A repeat of last year performances and attitude can only lead to the inevitable heavy defeat.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 9:02 pm

Cork had a few changes from our game tonight. Cadogan, Walsh and Kerrigan all back, 3 very important players for them. Dubs match was always going to be very tough for us anyway. Not sure if they are expecting many lads back for next week. Only had 7 of all Ireland final team starting tonight. O Carroll and Flynn would be huge additions for them.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 9:09 pm

Jimmers must be wondering about his decision to pitch in with Galway, should have stayed playing club. Any time you get beat by 15 points is bad but 15 points by Laois is scandalous.

Good game between Cork and Dublin. Cork had a stronger team this week than against us and Dublin were short a few. Can't say I'm looking forward to next week one bit. Nice to see them beaten though.

Best of luck to the lads tomorrow a win would really kick start us and set the league up.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 11:27 am

Good point murof.. we do seem to have a fear of the Dubs.. Certainly not the Rebels,. There a big strong bunch, with very good Forwards, and as good to come in.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 2:17 pm

What a start! seven-nil according to Twitter... wow!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 3:40 pm

A harsh lesson some would call it. But we've been learning these harsh lessons for the last 7/8 years and seem none the wiser.

Great effort but ultimately fell short once more .

This one isn't even a moral victory.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 3:48 pm

Brain dead stuff from Kildare yet again in the closing stages of a game that should have been over 10 minutes earlier.

We are too bloody nice, Tyrone player should have been pulled down 40 yards out the field and take the black/yellow card.

Shocking immaturity yet again.

Frustrating.
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 3:56 pm

A few harsh lessons learned today but the positives outweigh the negatives - we put it up to Tyrone for most of the match and but for some really naive decision-making in the last minute would have won. Tyrone know they got out of jail.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 3:56 pm

Gutting - two goals in last couple of minutes was it? I think the lessons in championship are harder to take than in league and the lessons learned by a Kildare team five years ago are of little benefit to this team given that the majority of them weren't there then. Hands up, it was better than I expected and without having seen the game, I'd take a lot of positives from it.

1-21 is a great score but to concede two goals late on against anyone is careless, no matter what stage of your development you're at. You take the black cards to avoid that. The good news is there are a few guys to come back in that area. Not having seen any of the league games though, I don't know if it's individual errors or a system failure? Obviously something that needs to be worked on for the championship.

We know how seriously Tyrone take the league though, so I'd say Kildare will take a lot from it. Just a pity they didn't take the two points.

But look, I'm not there, so I'll leave the analysis of what happened to those who were.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 4:19 pm

A very good performance by Kildare, wiped them out in the middle sector for large stages, kicked some fantastic scores, 1.21 should be enough to win any game. The first 2 goals were bad individual errors by McGrillan and Hurley respectively. Mattie Donnelly took about 15 steps for 3rd goal but was being fouled at the same time so I presume ref gave him benefit of the doubt, when the ball spun up in the air it should have been cleared. Just means we are now looking at a relegation battle with Kerry and Mayo, Westmeath will join one of these teams.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 4:30 pm

Gutted but way too many positives to go overboard on the "same old story" stuff. Yes we were painfully immature but for gods sake that's got be one of the youngest Kildare teams we've ever fielded and we scored 1-16 from play and 1-21 overall against one of the top 4 in the country who are unbeaten. Had that game finished on 70 minutes we'd have been raving about it and the hype machine would have clicked into overdrive next week. Outrageous performances out there today from Moolick ( I was laughed at when I said in January he'd be ahead of Flynn for a place), O'Grady, Chalky, Brophy, Cribben and Mulhall. And yes, I hold my hands up to Tomas O'Connor who was immense at what he does well. If he could kick he'd be up there amongst the best in Ireland.

Lots if IFS and BUT about their goals. The first two were appalling mistakes by McGrillen and Hurley when we were cruising (but or goal was also from a bad mistake by them). The ref might have blown for steps in either of their goals and we should really have had more men around the house for they winning goal.

But, again, but for that last minute madness we'd be looking back on our best display in a long time I'd suggest and bigging up the likes of Flats, Brophy, Cribben and Hurley for those magnificent scores when the game was in the melting pot.

Walter White the very thing that can ruin this talented group of youngsters is saddled with the responsibility of the past, be it the last 7 or 8 years or the last 86. It's hard enough to win without having to carry that on your back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 4:54 pm

Crofter wrote:

Walter White the very thing that can ruin this talented group of youngsters is saddled with the responsibility of the past, be it the last 7 or 8 years or the last 86. It's hard enough to win without having to carry that on your back.

The thing that will ruin this group of players is allowing themselves to be saddled with the past. The past is the past Crofter and no one can change it whether any of us like it or not.

It's up to the players to do something about it, otherwise they are the same as what went before occasionally basking in a moral victory.

Some day someone is going to have to take the bull by the horns and say "Not Today, Not this time".

It was a completely crazy 2 minutes at then end.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 5:04 pm

A few days ago we were wondering if a 5 point defeat would be an acceptable outcome for this team. We should have won by 5 so we are obviously a lot better than many expected.
The last goal was unforgivable as we didn't seem to even try to take a black card to halt Tyrone running at us. I wonder how many cards Tyrone would have taken to stop us.
It was a great performance for 69 mins but the lack of impact off the bench was very worrying. Fogarty, Dowling, Gately, Flynn and even Hyland made little difference for us.
Once again Tomas was taken of when it was so obvious that McNally was struggling and we had to wait for him to miss a sitter before he was called ashore. That missed point cost us a precious point and I hope for his and Hurley's sake it doesn't result in a drop to Div 2 as both are fine footballers.
A lot to admire and be optimistic about but a sickening defeat for players and fans.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 5:05 pm

Ah jaysus lads don't know what to say but we were fucking class, I honestly thought going into this game we were gonna get beat by a decent bit but by god the players put in a performance. We really did fuck up with the goals we conceded in the last minute and I can't believe the players let him run straight through he should have been ploughed out of it!! He took about 6 million steps though! Our midfield were class, Tommy and Chalky won everything and we won a lot of breaking ball with Murno and Cribben. I thought Tomas and Paddy were a bit isolated at times but in fairness we scored 1 16 from play and 1 21 in the whole game. Best players were Tommy, Cribbo, Mullhall and Tomas
Back to top Go down
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 5:16 pm

Totally disagree jw1888. If I could have got over the fence at full time I'd have kicked every arse on that Kildare team, including Jason Ryan's. Talk about an inept, stupid, badly defended ending to a match (with subs being piled in when all we had to do was hold the fecking lead for thirty seconds). Two goals conceded virtually in injury time. Nothing - including the huge score (and the parade of soft wides in the last fifteen minutes)- forgives that demonstration of footballing stupidity and that's putting it mildly. Totally inept defending.
Totally agree with Taibi - immature but the worrying thing is we are constantly immature. In every other county players grow out of their immaturity, we just wallow in it. And don't tell me "they're only young lads" - we've been playing that card on and off for 86 years now.
That was an appalling end display defensively and management wise and then Jason Ryan comes on Radio 1 and says he was happy with this and happy with that, happy with everything except the result. It's the fecking result that counts!!!!!
I've rarely been so angry after a Kildare match.
I'll say it again - inept.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 5:24 pm

I meant other than that minute of madness, I honestly thought we were class we were class up til then allthough we did let them get through the middle to easy at times as per usual, we definitely should have pulled him down or defended it better, and the deflection was unlucky it looped over everyone to a tyrone lad who fisted it to another and he kicked it in, I honestly feel we have the makings of a team and honestly never thought Tommy Moolich would be playing as good as he has.
Back to top Go down
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 5:36 pm

I hope you're right - but I still seriously query the defending - not just for the last two goals but for another handful of chances Tyrone had in the second half - and by the late substitutions. Talk about counting your chickens before they're hatched. And I'm incensed (as you can tell Very Happy ) by the fact that we could have added three relatively EASY points in the last ten minutes, to copperfasten it. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Tyrone
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next