Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Tyrone

Go down 
+39
Kildare98
murof
Ohtoohtobe
OutTheGap
Ogie
jobluts
Shergar
kildareking
parcel
Seanymac
Great white hope
Onechance
MD
bigball
KILL BILL
kickingking
Xavi
jemser
Captain1928
DONTPULLOUT
jim
lilysavage
jimmers
shoutitout
white boy
micky murphy
Big Full Back
moatesports
LillieLad
kildaregaa365
topcat
Highball
Borderline
TommyKeegan
Rex
lillyboy
SeamusMurphy
Jimmy winning matches
tomoneillandhissisteranne
43 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
tomoneillandhissisteranne
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 12:27 am

Just to get away from Monaghan ....and Dublin....and Monday Sad
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 4:19 am

Kildare 6/4 Draw 15/2 Tyrone 4/6

Kildare (+1) 11/10 Draw (+1) 8/1 Tyrone (- 1) 10/11

Paddy Neilan from Roscommon is referee

TG4 have deferred coverage on Sunday
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 4:33 am

Jez Conleths looks even more of a Kip on the TV.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Kildare v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 4:37 am

It's some kip alright. Anyway, team I'd go with...

Donnellan

Kelly
Hyland
O'Grady

Byrne
Doyle
O'Donoghue

Feely
Flynn

Conway
Healy
Cribbin

Slattery
Flynn
McCormack

I do think there's some merit holding N Kelly and Brophy in reserve provided we aren't getting wiped at half time.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 5:09 am

Another game we could and should have won but as KK said it would have been good enough to win in div 2/3. Worried that some lads aren't learning as they mature and id like to see someone else tried at 3 allowing Hyland play in the half back line and other options looked at in the half forward line.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 5:38 am

Kelly in instead of Conway, Conway back instead of Byrne who is not doing enough in an ineffective half back line. Moolick back in midfield and anyone know of a good addition to the full back line?
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 5:53 am

Luke Flynn at Full back.
Dont think Healy at centre forward is the answer HG.. Yes he's busy but that's not enough.
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 5:56 am

I'd go with

Donnellan
Kevin Flynn
David Hyland
O'Grady
Byrne
Doyle
O'Donoghue
Feely
Conway
Brophy
Niall Kelly
Paul Cribben
Jimmy Hyland
Daniel Flynn
McCormack

Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Kildare v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 6:03 am

Conway should only play in the backs. He's not a forward and we are weakening two areas playing him in the half forwards.

Maybe Moolick alongside Feely with L.Flynn in the half forwards. I'd probably go Flynn and Feely midfield and bring Slattery into the half forwards.

Donnellan
Kelly
Hyland
O'Grady
Byrne/Conway
Doyle
O'Donoghue
Feely
L.Flynn
Slattery
Kelly
Cribbin
McCormack
D.Flynn
Brophy
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 7:07 am

What has Moolick done to fall so much out of favour? Last year we played our best football with him and Feely a match for any pairing they came up against. We drop him for the Armagh game and we haven't been the same since. Bring him back and try Luke somewhere else.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 7:14 am

Luke plays full back for his Club regularly.

Is Mark Sherry not an option at wing forward ?.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 7:37 am

murof wrote:
What has Moolick done to fall so much out of favour? Last year we played our best football with him and Feely a match for any pairing they came up against. We drop him for the Armagh game and we haven't been the same since. Bring him back and try Luke somewhere else.
could he lack of speed .
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 10:43 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Is Mark Sherry not an option at wing forward ?.
I'd like to see Mark Sherry get a chance at wing forward as well. I thought our forwards played better in the 2nd half on Sunday when McCormack, Niall Kelly and Brophy were on. Even though they did well at times last year, I don't think Conway or McNally carry enough of a scoring threat to justify their place in the forwards.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 10:16 pm

Just to bring a little positivity to this, come throw-in it's be 238 days, 17 1/2 hours since we won a game of football in any competition.
Back to top Go down
Borderline
Senior
Senior

Kildare v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 11:19 pm

TommyKeegan wrote:
Just to bring a little positivity to this, come throw-in it's be 238 days, 17 1/2 hours since we won a game of football in any competition.
Oh good Jesus, is that true ????? scratch
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 11:22 pm

Haha Tommy nice !!

For me, I would bring Moolick back in. Luke Flynn has not worked in the middle. Tommys pace is not a huge issue this time of year and himself and Feely dovetailed superbly last season.

Other than that, team I would go with is

Donnellan
Kelly
Hyland
O'Grady
Conway
Doyle
O'Donoghue
Feely
Moolick
Slattery
Kelly
Cribbin
McCormack
D.Flynn
Brophy

PS Tommy, when is your interview with S Kenny going to press ?
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 11:59 pm

TommyKeegan wrote:

Jez TK you're a treasure.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Kildare v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 2:25 am

O'Grady and McCormack are injury doubts for Sunday. You'd think maybe O'Neill might try some of those new defenders he's drafted in but none of them have got as much as a minute of game time so far. The defensive cover so far has been Mark Hyland, who O'Neill seems to trust, probably be the same again if O'Grady's out.

I'd like to see Sherry involved again too, he's quality. We need more forward options given that whoever starts in the full forward line seems to get injured after five minutes.

Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 4:45 am

Given our free taking issues last Sunday, I would bring Jimmy Hyland in for McNally, Kelly for Chris Healy and I would consider bringing Brophy I for Luke Flynn and moving either Dan Flynn or Cribbin to midfield
My team would be
1. Donnellan
2. Peter Kelly
3. David Hyland
4. Mick O Grady
5. Byrne
6. Doyle
7. O Donoghue
8. Feely
9. Cribbin
10. Conway/Slattery
11. Kelly
12. Dan Flynn
13. Ben
14. Brophy
15. Jimmy Hyland

I do realise that leaves us with very little firepower off the bench but I think we have to go all in on this game, Tyrone desperately need the points also
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

Kildare v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 5:03 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
TommyKeegan wrote:

Jez TK you're a treasure.

Even longer in hurling.. back to last April I believe. Our senior teams have lost 12 games in a row between them
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Kildare v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 5:51 am

I remember the ladt time we played them in Newbridge. McGeeneys last game if I recall right.
The abuse some of their supporters vomited towards him as he went into the dressing room was vile. I'd love if we beat them, but wanting and getting are two different things.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 5:54 am

Rex wrote:
I remember the ladt time we played them in Newbridge. McGeeneys last game if I recall right.
The abuse some of their supporters vomited towards him as he went into the dressing room was vile. I'd love if we beat them, but wanting and getting are two different things.
armagh and Tyrone just hate each other full stop
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Kildare v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 6:48 am

They might, but they were adults acting in a disgusting manner. They do seem to take it a couple of notches further up the crazy scale north of the border.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 6:52 am

I remember that too, was that not the day when that nice man Mr. McQuillan was given a guard of honour to the dressing room after the match?, I remember the big group of Tyrone fans were obnoxious and there were a lot of insults traded after the match, in my opinion the most despicable supporters in the country.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 7:00 am

Rex wrote:
They might, but they were adults acting in a disgusting manner. They do seem to take it a couple of notches further up the crazy scale north of the border.
last year after Tyrone v Armagh both set fans beat each other up on train
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kildare v Tyrone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Tyrone
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next