Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Tyrone

Go down 
+39
Kildare98
murof
Ohtoohtobe
OutTheGap
Ogie
jobluts
Shergar
kildareking
parcel
Seanymac
Great white hope
Onechance
MD
bigball
KILL BILL
kickingking
Xavi
jemser
Captain1928
DONTPULLOUT
jim
lilysavage
jimmers
shoutitout
white boy
micky murphy
Big Full Back
moatesports
LillieLad
kildaregaa365
topcat
Highball
Borderline
TommyKeegan
Rex
lillyboy
SeamusMurphy
Jimmy winning matches
tomoneillandhissisteranne
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Kildare v Tyrone - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2018 8:15 am

McCormack available is a big boost. Have to say I wouldn't play McNally - he's simply not a Div 1 inside forward. Think O'Neill is keeping N Kelly and Brophy in reserve for the big second half push, which I actually don't have a problem with - provided there isn't another idiotic black card a la Paul Cribbin.

Against Dubs, after an encouraging first half, once they banged in the first goal, we froze in the worst tradition of Kildare teams over the years. Monaghan game was very much two teams in the chasing pack slugging it out, although we lacked that bit of composure and quality you need at the highest level.

Looking at Sunday's game objectively, Tyrone are back to back Ulster champions so you'd have to fancy them. Having said that, they're without the Cavanaghs and they are not as intimidating as Mickey Harte's great teams - or anywhere near it. In fact, unusually for a Mickey Harte team, I think they have a bit of a soft centre, although exploiting that will take the kind of ruthlessness our boys have yet to show. In fact, the jury's out on whether they have it at all.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2018 9:31 am

Guessing Kelly and Bro may start ahead of Healy and McNally
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2018 9:41 am

If Brophy and Kelly are fit they must start. Unfortunately McNally and Healy have not done it so far. Conway again in the forwards is something I can't figure out. I'm unable to figure out his role in the team.

Moolick is a change aI mentioned a couple of days ago. Good foil for Feely on soft ground.

Gut feeling is that team won't start.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2018 9:53 am

I'm open to correction on this, but I don't think O'Neill ever names dummy teams.

PS. Can we not have a bunch of gags about Kildare footballers being dummies please, thanks.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2018 10:13 am

Come to think of it HG, it isn’t something he does that often, I remember he did it against Armagh last year but generally speaking he doesn’t do it.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2018 10:15 am

I swear to god apart from Tiernan McCann - mainly because of his blow-dried hair - I can't tell the Tyrone boys apart. Even more so than the Dubs, they are hard running automatons with no flair or personality. It's like they're all cloned off one prototype. Definitely none of the stylish forwards of yore like Canavan or Stephen O'Neill.

Actually, O'Neill - in quick succession - scored possibly the two best points I've ever seen in Croker against us in 2013 league semi. Does anyone remember them?! Second one was practically from the corner flag!! Peter Kelly fairly got his arse handed to him... Kelly probably get PTSD flashbacks when he sees him on sideline on Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2018 10:22 am

Found that O'Neill score... He's about five yards from the end line, on the wrong side for a left footer. Christ!

https://youtu.be/4K0gtQHHZ4A
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2018 10:31 am

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
I'm open to correction on this, but I don't think O'Neill ever names dummy teams.

PS. Can we not have a bunch of gags about Kildare footballers being dummies please, thanks.

He named a dummy team last week. Named Tommy Moolick ahead of Kevin Feely
Back to top Go down
DONTPULLOUT
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2018 1:03 pm

Our FF line is probably the one id go with
half forwards i think dont have or havent shown either skill or physicality to create or stop attacks id start kelly but at 10 drop conway
FB line i cant see why kelly is starting surely we have a corner back that has pace and can man mark he cant do either
No objections with MF or HB
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2018 7:10 pm

Agree on Peter Kelly, can anyone remember the last time he played well?, looks a million miles from an all star now, I really don't like to single any player out but every time I see his name on the team sheet I immediately think we are on the back foot.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2018 9:28 pm

Doesn't make a lot of sense to get rid of Lyons and replace him Kelly. Surely the manager has to be thinking long term and give some of the younger options game time. Don't think it would weaken the team to do so in the short term.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2018 12:11 am

The 2010/11 Peter Kelly looks likes hes gone and won't be coming back. Credit Kieran Mcgeeney for making him an All Star corner back.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2018 12:44 am

Johnny Byrne and Fergal Conway are not producing either yet they are still selected week in week out.
Why not try someone different. Throw a sub in give him a chance see how he goes. Whats to loose?
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2018 1:27 am

As I said during the OB Cup, it's unlikely panel/fringe players or new fellas brought in are unlikely to figure in the League... it's a settled looking Team and I hope I'm proved wrong, but Healy at CF again ?.. McNally again ?.. surely Sherry is worth a look.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2018 7:22 pm

Good luck today boys.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 2:40 am

We are fucked
Back to top Go down
Captain1928
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 2:51 am

Another bitterly disappointing result, and the match was lost due to more than one decision, but Christ the advantage rule must be the most poorly implemented in the game.
Back to top Go down
jemser
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 2:52 am

We have to be the stupidest team in the country,vdo we ever learn from our mistakes, same crap over and over...we will loose every game in the league, so depressing
Back to top Go down
Xavi
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 3:49 am

Just some perspective . Tyrone are back to back Ulster champions. All Ireland u21 champions in 2015. We'll established Division 1 team and a top 4/5 team. We may well be relegated this Season , but the lessons learned from playing these types of games should be invaluable you would hope. We're a young side , today was frustrating as we had 3/4 decent chances near the end to get our noses in front.

We performed well today. Couple of the usual old traits came back to haunt us. Over time as this team develops we should iron those out. We're not out of our depth up here in Div 1 and that is the most pleasing aspect
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 3:54 am

Tough result to take today, another game we had chances to draw/win but missed those chances. We were a lot better going forward today then against Monaghan but coughed up scores too easily the far end.

Looks like we are heading back to Div 2, hopefully we can put together some good performances in the next 4 games and see where that leaves us.
Back to top Go down
jemser
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 4:18 am

Are we learning any lessons from these games? Last year there was little between ourselves and Galway,both young sides but where as they have kicked on learned lessons we continue to make the same mistakes over and over..and surely we can find someone in the county to kick frees from the ground consistently
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 4:28 am

Looks like we're heading down, but you'd have to say we'll be pushing hard to come straight back up. I wouldn't entirely write off our chances of staying up - Mayo are a shambles atm and their fans are in despair (again).

For me, big positives today were Peter Kelly playing well and Jimmy Hyland also showing strongly when he came on. Above all Cian O'Donoghue was absolutely immense. I've always rated him very highly and he really put in an incredible second half.

In fairness, I do think we should have a draw. Ref's decision not to play advantage was crazy, outrageous, but I've basically given up on GAA officials at this stage. Have to say I didn't agree with the decision to withdraw Kelly and Brophy - they're the type of players who can produce a moment late on in a game when you need something.

Once again, we simply weren't ruthless enough - we had our foot on Tyrone's throat a few times in that game and every time allowed them a reprieve. They on the other hand had a half-chance at the end and duly buried us (was a magnificent point to be fair). These are very harsh lessons but that's life in Div 1 I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 4:34 am

I could pretty much copy and paste what I posted last weekend. So frustrating not to be getting anything out of these games. At least we're not a million miles off these teams and we should not fear the likes of Tyrone and Monaghan if we crossed paths with them again in the summer. Cian O'Donoghue was excellent again while Fergal Conway and Peter Kelly improved a lot from last Sunday.

We just seemed to have to work much harder for our scores than Tyrone did. It was a great point to win it but we should have hauled him down and taken the black card before we let him run forty yards into scoring range. Did any of the Tyrone players actually receive a black card for their antics at the kickout after that point?
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 4:36 am

Some Fellas will carry into the tackle and will never learn... Ref in fairness gave us our share of soft frees.
It was a brave effort in fairness, and tbh the Panel imo isn't strong enough to finish Matches as strong as we should.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 4:41 am

We're competing hard, I don't think we look as out of our depth as Roscommon and Cavan did last year, but... naive is probably a good way to describe us, both in attack and defence. But I still think there's a lot more to come from this team.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Tyrone
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next