Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Tyrone

Go down 
+39
Kildare98
murof
Ohtoohtobe
OutTheGap
Ogie
jobluts
Shergar
kildareking
parcel
Seanymac
Great white hope
Onechance
MD
bigball
KILL BILL
kickingking
Xavi
jemser
Captain1928
DONTPULLOUT
jim
lilysavage
jimmers
shoutitout
white boy
micky murphy
Big Full Back
moatesports
LillieLad
kildaregaa365
topcat
Highball
Borderline
TommyKeegan
Rex
lillyboy
SeamusMurphy
Jimmy winning matches
tomoneillandhissisteranne
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Kildare v Tyrone - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 4:43 am

Seamus I think it's a good point that the panel still isn't strong enough. Like, McNally for Brophy is actually weakening the team... Not going to have to opposition FB line quaking in their boots.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 5:21 am

Frees are killing us, need to be slotting them over. Referee was shocking can't believe he didn't let us play advantage...
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 5:26 am

Never created one goal chance today .
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 5:28 am

Div 1 does seem to be improving our defenders individually, which is good... Mick O'Grady I thought was very good as well today. Johnny Byrne probably still not really giving us enough.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 5:29 am

Very true about goal chances Fone - that's the point I was making I suppose - for all our enterprising attacking play, still not ruthless enough.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 5:30 am

O Donoghue has been a real find as an attacking half back..
Healy in fairness was lively when introduced, but again lost ball in the tackle which isn't on at centre forward.. Which he's not.
Frees and kickouts are an issue.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 5:33 am

The last time kildare senior team won a game 17 June 2017 against meath
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 6:04 am

This time 2 years ago we were playing crap football against crap teams in div 3 and losing to Sligo and Clare. We could have done with another year in div 2 and we would probably have been promoted this year.
We are lacking a few strong ball carrying players particularly in the HF and HB lines. Notice how quickly Tyrone moved the ball forward. Our players are very poor at escaping from teams who hunt in packs like our last 2 opponents. We rarely commit more than one player to a tackle and don't win turnover ball very often.
Pleased that Kelly amd Conway upped their performances so much and good to Hyland showing so well when he came on.

Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 6:24 am

I agree, individuals are improving defensively but our structure is not good, Doyle drops off to protect the full back line which means the centre forward needs to be picked up by someone else, however this doesn’t seem to be happening as the centre forward is getting the freedom of the park repeatedly.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 6:26 am

Jesus watching the game back is even more frustrating. Really so many things you looking for were there - more agression from the defenders, improved showings from Conway and Kelly, O'Donoghue playing like a man possessed etc. Just small aspects letting us down... We're really into percentages territory but I'm pleased we're competing hard in these games and I definitely think the team is learning all the time.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 6:27 am

Yeah agree Topcat - individually pretty much everyone upping their game but still too many gaps at times.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 7:12 am

Next round of fixtures
Mayo v Dublin. Monaghan v Tyrone. Saturday night
Donegal v Kildare Kerry v Galway. Sunday
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 7:17 am

Mayo are doing their annual league implosion and a lot of their supporters are already writing off that Dublin game. If we beat Donegal, that leaves both of us on two points with them to come at home. But looking at it objectively, Donegal's performances so far have been strong, and you'd fancy home advantage and the return of Michael Murphy to swing it for them. Jesus it really is not easy being a Kildare supporter.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 7:23 am

TC spot on. We have a problem at centre back.. we're far to open.. not sure whose role it is to pick up the opposition 11. but it's not happening.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 8:19 am

A few things I took away from rewatching the game...

I still think when we get on top of a team, psychologically we ease up rather than burying them.

Also the choices we make when we attack sometimes aren't good... Niall Kelly had a wild shot in the first half, and not long after, Feely took on a shot from a free when he should definitely have gone short.

As mentioned above, gaps are still appearing in our defence. Our midfielders sometimes press very high on kickouts, perhaps it's leaving us a bit exposed at the back.
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 8:21 am

I thought it was a much better performance by us, particularly in the 2nd half. very disappointing to lose as I think a win in a close game against one of the top teams could be the making of this team.

I thought the main difference between the teams was that Tyrone were able to get their scores easier than us. I think we have to put more pressure on the ball when the opposition are attacking. It's very frustrating when we give the opposition a free shot from 35 metres, particularly when we've enough defenders back. Tyrone were also able to bottle up our forwards lots of times as Monaghan did last week.

I would have liked to see us play Paddy Brophy closer to their goals. At times Ben McCormack was the only man in the full forward line and he needed more support. 18 points was a good total to rack up on a difficult day.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 8:27 am

Kildare Management have decided to let players have night out tonight and no training on Tuesday night but back training for Donegal match on Thursday night from Twitter just now
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 8:27 am

Sad result but fine performance in a lot of ways. If Neil Flynn hadn’t got injured and was kicking frees we’d have four points. Just a shame we’ll probably go down as we’re well able to play in this division
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 8:39 am

I know, we probably will go down... It would drive you mad. Still, it would take two pretty damn exceptional teams to stop us coming back up. I wonder are we heading to a hurling scenario where the upper end of Div 2 isn't such a bad place to be?

Anyway, more broadly, I think there's a lot of potential in this team, we have good underage structures and the club scene is in decent shape, so I just hope we continue to build. Traditionally in Kildare, when we had good spells under Micko and Geezer, we just let it go completely to shit - a total collapse - so we need to keep working away.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 9:34 am

I'm sorry but right now I'm not getting this wave of positivity, another 2 points pissed away, learning curves can still be learned without the ultimate sacrifice, or are Galway (who are not much better than us) just faster learners? , that might sound simplistic but my main emotion leaving Conleths today was frustration because we can see the potential is there but why o why do so many of our players run blindly into traffic and get bottled up?
Back to top Go down
bigball
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 9:35 am

Glad to see K Cribben back. He was excellent last year. Overall i felt each player upped their performance since last week. Some of the substitutions had to understand.

Early days.. judge this team come championship.
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 10:29 am

I thought we loosing the ball too easy in contact when moving ball they have to be more patient on creating goal chances our movement is not slick enough even dubs created no goal chances this week either still think flynn is not getting enough ball at full forward and when he gets it he looses it to easily a few scores came from him
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 10:43 am

Back to top Go down
MD
All-Star
All-Star
MD

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 10:53 am

Frustrating the only word. Why are we always on the wrong side of these results? Disagree with this talk that we will learn from this. Truth is, in many ways we have gone backwards since that Meath game last year. Obviously still early days in the season but we have lost two winnable games at home, we have to go to Donegal and Kerry and have to play a Mayo team who won’t fear us and Galway team who we just don’t beat generally. Trying not to be too negative because I actually thought we did some good stuff today. The fact is though, we could lose every game in this league campaign and that will be 9 straight defeats since that Meath match excluding the O Byrne cup. We will see. Tomas o se slating us tonight, maybe a little OTT but still, we have proved nothing and this is supposed to be the big year. I’m not sure. We cannot keep making the same mistakes over and over. We are not getting outplayed but we show no game intelligence. You may say that it’s something you learn in division 1 but don’t forget last year in the league we did it against Derry and that Armagh game was woeful too. How many chances do we want ?

In relation to the game, typical us, we do lots of good things but still lose. We lack bottle and game management the heat of battle. The same mistakes are persistently happening, missing easy chances, too open down the middle. Praise mattie Donnelly all you want for the score but he waltzed up that pitch. The fact is he should never of got there. We should have shut up shop and given free away at the half way line. Too naive, a draw would have been ok today. Kept us in touch.

Positives- Peter Kelly was the best I have seen him play in years. Cian o Donoghue is a proper wing back. Feely very good. Also liked Jimmy Hyland when he came on. Ben Mac injured again?
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 11:18 am

Cian dosent seem to worried we're bottom of the table.. from his comments on tv tonight... Mark O Shea didn't agree.
Agree 18 points was a good return, but goals against are killing us.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone   Kildare v Tyrone - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Tyrone
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next