Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dublin v Tyrone

Go down 
+27
kickingking
parcel
townend
Sam1928
tomcruise
peile
koko39
Big Full Back
rgb
BelieveToAchieve
if_in_doubt
Dinny Breen
stanley
ElGuerrouj
naked-lilly
Taibi
jj
kildarecat
Maynoothlillie
MD
ripvanwinkle
Jimmy winning matches
Stonecold
Fear An Geata
Could'nt Trap Cement
hawker
FearBan
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

Dublin v Tyrone - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Tyrone   Dublin v Tyrone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 9:46 am

I suspect maynoothlillie is not as Lilywhite as he/she proclaims to be.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Tyrone   Dublin v Tyrone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 10:20 am

Maynoothlillie wrote:
They are mentally scarred and if it means a couple of years in the outer wilderness

We were supposedly mentally scared in the mid 90's when we couldn't beat the Dubs and look what happened.... 98' and 00' Leinster final win's.

rgb wrote:
I suspect maynoothlillie is not as Lilywhite as he/she proclaims to be.

Prob. should be calling you Maynoothblue.....
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Tyrone   Dublin v Tyrone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 10:49 am

Maynoothlillie wrote:
By even mentioning that we only lost by a max of 3 points speaks for itself. I am not insulting anybody associated with Kildare, just pointing out that we have to change things to make progress. If it means, getting rid of Johnny Doyle and a few others, so be it. This team hasn't delivered and never will. They are mentally scarred and if it means a couple of years in the outer wilderness,(we are currently in the inner wilderness) so be it. It'll be worth it in the long run.

Sometimes you can't help but despair at what some people think...

These players, under McGeeney are the ones who got us out of the wilderness to begin with. As long as we keep going the way we are then we won't have to suffer like that again.

Maynoothlillie must be still celebrating that win against Tyrone yesterday...
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Tyrone   Dublin v Tyrone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 10:55 am

Has anyone else noticed that the nonsense being talked on the forum the last few days are coming from new members/posters of the forum (maynoothlillie and cill dara) ie. these clowns have said nothing all year and then suddenly when Kildare get knocked out, they are confident enough to come on and post all sorts of shite.
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Tyrone   Dublin v Tyrone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 11:01 am

ElGuerrouj wrote:
Has anyone else noticed that the nonsense being talked on the forum the last few days are coming from new members/posters of the forum (maynoothlillie and cill dara) ie. these clowns have said nothing all year and then suddenly when Kildare get knocked out, they are confident enough to come on and post all sorts of shite.

Dublin v Tyrone - Page 2 Hidden10

Well maybe not so hidden in some cases...
Back to top Go down
koko39
Senior
Senior
koko39

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Tyrone   Dublin v Tyrone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 11:01 am

ElGuerrouj wrote:

Totally agree. Alot of nonsense lately, and threads going totally off topic.
Back to top Go down
peile
Intercounty
Intercounty
peile

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Tyrone   Dublin v Tyrone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 10:09 pm

Maynoothlillie wrote:
By even mentioning that we only lost by a max of 3 points speaks for itself. I am not insulting anybody associated with Kildare, just pointing out that we have to change things to make progress. If it means, getting rid of Johnny Doyle and a few others, so be it. This team hasn't delivered and never will. They are mentally scarred and if it means a couple of years in the outer wilderness,(we are currently in the inner wilderness) so be it. It'll be worth it in the long run.

hawker wrote:
Maynoothlillie wrote:
And you regard only losing by a max of 3 points as success??? Moral victories are worthless

hawker wrote:
naked-lilly wrote:
Maynoothlillie wrote:
In a strange way, the ref last week did us a favour. Dublin were awesome last night and I think we would have struggled badly against them in the semi final. Let's give our support to the last remaining Leinster team in the All Ireland.

id rather iron the rinkles out of my sack!
ABD!!!

F***in classic post. Nothing like a good laugh on a Sunday evening.

We've been knocked out of the championship in McGeeneys term by not more than three points in those four years. We're knocking on the door but the f**king thing won't open.

Show me where I wrote that I considered a three point defeat as a success? I was merely counteracting your post where you wrote that we would have struggled against Dublin. SoI'd prefer it you did't me out to be writing something that I'm not.

Your post was absolutely ridicilous and frankly its an insult to the players, management and real Kildare fans on this forum to say that the ref did us a favour.

Maynoothlillie the only one mentally scarred is yourself....you must be a meathman !
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Tyrone   Dublin v Tyrone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 10:21 pm

I would like to see Dublin lifting Sam in 2011 and I think that they have a great chance. But some folk on here think that they have it won already and that is dangerous talk. In my opinion , Kerry are licking their lips now with the second best team in the country gone and the only other team they truly feared beaten last Saturday night. Also , every one of their forwards are better than any of the Dublin backs.And Dublin still have a lot to prove.

I also think that a Dublin win would be beneficial to our prospects in the next couple of years , particularly in Leinster. Their hunger might be less than ours.When Armagh won in 2002 , Tyrone became a stronger and hungrier unit and won three AI's.

So heres hoping for a Dublin win in 2011 and Sam returning to Leinster Smile
Back to top Go down
peile
Intercounty
Intercounty
peile

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Tyrone   Dublin v Tyrone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 10:40 pm

With you on that, would like to see the Dubs go all the way.
Back to top Go down
stanley
Intercounty
Intercounty
stanley

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Tyrone   Dublin v Tyrone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 11:08 pm

To be honest I hope they don't win the all Ireland. There are a fair few of them living in the towns of Kildare and they are already starting to swan around the place in their blue jerseys. Just imagine having to listen to a whole year of gloating in that annoyingly whining "Whah, Shure Yis cuhend even beah Fourheen men,, whah " accent.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Tyrone   Dublin v Tyrone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 12:38 am

I knew Dublin would win that one. They are much better than that Tyrone team after dishing out 2 impressive championship beatings on them in successive years but the manner of the victory was very impressive. If they replicate that they will face Kerry in the final.

That however is another whole kettle of fish and Im not sure they could take the kingdom on All-Ireland final day.

I wouldnt write donegal out of the equation just yet either.
Back to top Go down
townend
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Tyrone   Dublin v Tyrone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 3:34 am

nothing new here didn't kildare put out Down flags in 1960 when offaly played them, so i don't think
they would shout for Dublin, as a kerryman i have seen kerry flags in limerick in glin and foynes
you wouldn't see them in Cork doe. did kildare have kerry flags out in 1972 and 1982 when offaly beat us.
Back to top Go down
parcel
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Tyrone   Dublin v Tyrone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 3:48 am

I'd fancy donegal to beat dublin... There wasn't a finger laid on connolly Saturday.... Tyrone were a shambles... They couldn't cope with cluxtons kick outs... Mcguinness will have them well set up for it...
Back to top Go down
townend
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Tyrone   Dublin v Tyrone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 3:56 am

Donegal won't beat Dublin they went 57 minutes without scoring out of the the whole match and
extra time again kildare, Dublin have forwards that kildare don't Dublin by 5 points.
Back to top Go down
naked-lilly
Senior
Senior
naked-lilly

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Tyrone   Dublin v Tyrone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 4:00 am

admin im pretty sure saying johnny dizzle shouldnt be playing is a barrable offense!
no-one disses the great one!
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Tyrone   Dublin v Tyrone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 4:06 am

Dublin will beat Donegal and beat them well provided they don't suffer from a mental breakdown (which I don't think they will under Gilroy). Leave aside the whole squareball hullaballu for a minute; Kildare underperformed against Donegal. So many of our main players - Johnny, Jimmers & Leper in particular played nowhere near the level they are capable of. I'm sure people will say Donegal didn't let them play but we still had a bucketful of chances to win that game. Dublin are just that little bit further down the road then us at this stage and they will have a bit too much for Donegal.

I don't think Dublin will beat Kerry but I fully expect them to win at least one All-Ireland within the next few years. Tyrone are going to be down for a few years and I'd expect Cork will be the same. Both teams have too many players the wrong side of thirty and their younger lads are too green yet. Kerry are Kerry and will always be up there but they too have plenty of lads who are in their last few seasons. Dublin have a scary amount of talent coming through and the majority of their team is in their mid-twenties (coming towards their peak). I think it will be a good thing for Leinster football. Look at how Dublin getting to and finally winning an All-Ireland title in the early nineties spurred Meath and Kildare on in the latter half of that decade.
Back to top Go down
browser
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Tyrone   Dublin v Tyrone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 4:08 am

I'm not sure about this one. I wouldn't like to see the dubs win for personal reasons Very Happy but they certainly won't have it as easy as last saturday night. Connolly did get oceans of space because of the defensive system Tyrone set out with but Donegal are similar to ourselves in that respect so I can't see him getting too much room. Although you still have to consider both Brogans, Lacey I'm sure will be given the unenviable task of marking Alan.

I think, as we saw from our own match v the dubs, when Tom O'Connor came on he caused O'Carroll a few problems so marking Murphy he might have his hands full again.
Back to top Go down
townend
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Tyrone   Dublin v Tyrone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 4:54 am

Donegal are S.IT lads they will be caught out with the puke football they play
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Tyrone   Dublin v Tyrone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 7:41 am

Yes Donegal are SHIT townend, they are in the All-Ireland Semis so that means the other 28 teams are even shittier! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Tyrone   Dublin v Tyrone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 10:00 am

townend wrote:
Donegal are S.IT lads they will be caught out with the puke football they play

Win playing Sh*ite, puke or beautiful football... What will the records say.. The winners and that's it... We went on about the northern teams for years playing this type of football in years past but the records never lie's. Might not be pretty but if Kildare brought home an All Ireland I wouldn't be complaining.... We're not exactly getting accolades for beautiful football ourselves....
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Tyrone   Dublin v Tyrone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 1:13 pm

Fear An Geata wrote:
Best of luck against Donegal Vodafone Wink , its an all ireland for dublin to lose bounce , a win in this semi drunken then a comfortable all ireland title. Very Happy Razz

P.S. Did I put enough smilies in ? lol!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing THANKS for your support much appreciated , beat cha by 1 oops Rolling Eyes

Seriously no medals handed out on the 6th aug or 28th aug ,and DUBLIN will have to EARN the right to get to a final , no matter who they meet . i suspect Mayo !!

Last edited by vodafone2011 on Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Tyrone   Dublin v Tyrone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 1:24 pm

stanley wrote:
To be honest I hope they don't win the all Ireland. There are a fair few of them living in the towns of Kildare and they are already starting to swan around the place in their blue jerseys. Just imagine having to listen to a whole year of gloating in that annoyingly whining "Whah, Shure Yis cuhend even beah Fourheen men,, whah " accent.

Your just afraid you will have to eat your laptop /monitor Remember !!! A promise is a promise Laughing Salt and Pepper Sir
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Tyrone   Dublin v Tyrone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 1:31 pm

Sam1928 wrote:
I knew Dublin would win that one. They are much better than that Tyrone team after dishing out 2 impressive championship beatings on them in successive years but the manner of the victory was very impressive. If they replicate that they will face Kerry in the final.

That however is another whole kettle of fish and Im not sure they could take the kingdom on All-Ireland final day.

Neither would i write off Mayo , they have nothing to prove ,and nobody expects it , kerry are no great shakes , similar to tyrone , there is some milage on the clock , particularly there full back line ,look what happened cork , just turn up , kerry to do the same , and to be beat by a team who will not be in awe of the medals in the arse pocket Wink

Mayo v Dublin Final
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Tyrone   Dublin v Tyrone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 1:35 pm

browser wrote:
I'm not sure about this one. I wouldn't like to see the dubs win for personal reasons Very Happy but they certainly won't have it as easy as last saturday night. Connolly did get oceans of space because of the defensive system Tyrone set out with but Donegal are similar to ourselves in that respect so I can't see him getting too much room. Although you still have to consider both Brogans, Lacey I'm sure will be given the unenviable task of marking Alan.

I think, as we saw from our own match v the dubs, when Tom O'Connor came on he caused O'Carroll a few problems so marking Murphy he might have his hands full again.

I reckon o carroll will have murphy in his back pocket like the 2010 u21 final , no fear here Wink
Back to top Go down
Could'nt Trap Cement
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Tyrone   Dublin v Tyrone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 9:14 pm

vodafone2011 wrote:
Sam1928 wrote:

Neither would i write off Mayo , they have nothing to prove ,and nobody expects it , kerry are no great shakes , similar to tyrone , there is some milage on the clock , particularly there full back line ,look what happened cork , just turn up , kerry to do the same , and to be beat by a team who will not be in awe of the medals in the arse pocket Wink

Mayo v Dublin Final

Not a hope kerry got their wake up call last year against down and wont take this mayo team for granted!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Tyrone   Dublin v Tyrone - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dublin v Tyrone
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next