Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dublin v Donegal

Go down 
+24
kartman
Botch
standhimup
flourman
Big Full Back
TommyKeegan
kickingking
gaaman
Taibi
Ohtoohtobe
ChopperDalton
lastline
KILL BILL
rgb
Come on the Boys in Blue
Stonecold
tomcruise
Sam1928
Fear An Geata
stanley
lilywhites on tour
bag of white
Always_White
Rex
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Dublin v Donegal Empty
PostSubject: Dublin v Donegal   Dublin v Donegal Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 3:43 am

Now I would safely say I would not be Dubin's biggest fan but for once in my life I was happy to see them win.

All I can say about Donegal is shithouse tactics from a one dimensional manager. Two points down 10 mins to go and a man advantage and still they would not ditch the one man up front 14 behind the ball.

Six points in an All Ireland semi final, well basically just shite.
Back to top Go down
Always_White
Intermediate
Intermediate
Always_White

Dublin v Donegal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Donegal   Dublin v Donegal Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 3:52 am

While I would not be a big supporter of the Dubs today I was praying for them as it would have been a travesty if Donegal had won. I hope I never have to endure the torture of watching that kind of puke football again in my life. I felt for the genuine football supporters that attended that match to day. Imagine a football match where one side hand-passed the ball a couple of hundred times!! The sooner the better they change the rules to ban that type of thing.
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

Dublin v Donegal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Donegal   Dublin v Donegal Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 4:00 am

Like you lads I am delighted the Dubs won. The sheer cynicism and puke football on display from Donegal was absolutely disgraceful. I am delighted that sort of play didn't prosper in the end. We can now look forward to an All Ireland finale where both teams will try to play football. I hope Jim McGuinness takes a long hard look at his tactics for next year and Donegal actually try to play football because in fairness they have some decent players.
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

Dublin v Donegal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Donegal   Dublin v Donegal Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 5:10 am

I absolutley HATE the dubs with a passion. But they really dogged it out and I am delighted that they won because donegal play complete and utter crap. They spoiled the game of gaelic football with their horrible tactics and thank god the dubs won, because the final with Kerry (hopefully winning) will be a good game. Both dublin and kerry play football, positive football, that is great to watch.
Back to top Go down
stanley
Intercounty
Intercounty
stanley

Dublin v Donegal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Donegal   Dublin v Donegal Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 5:27 am

Absolutely dire game of football today, even more boring than watching a full 90 minute soccer match and that's saying something.
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

Dublin v Donegal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Donegal   Dublin v Donegal Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 6:21 am

stanley wrote:
Absolutely dire game of football today, even more boring than watching a full 90 minute soccer match and that's saying something.

Man united scored more than Donegal today!
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

Dublin v Donegal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Donegal   Dublin v Donegal Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 9:08 am

Thank God Donegal didn't win or the All-Ireland would have been a terrible game to watch. At least now we've got the potential to have a good game of football.

That said, did anyone else think that Bernard Brogan got four of the softest frees awarded in the whole game ? Four frees that gave Dublin 4 points in a game where every point was crucial. I felt from very early on Maurice Deegan's decisions could prove decisive one way or the other and in the end, although I'm happy Dublin won, I think they benefitted from these decisions. I know Connolly can feel hard done by to be sent off but in a game where there was no man to man marking this decision did not have the impact it might otherwise have had.

Back to top Go down
Always_White
Intermediate
Intermediate
Always_White

Dublin v Donegal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Donegal   Dublin v Donegal Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 6:46 pm

Bernard Brogan may have been given soft frees but the way the rules are currently framed it's very difficult to say with any certainty what is and isn't a free. But I thought these were balanced out to a degree by the disallowed goal, which I thought was perfectly legit.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

Dublin v Donegal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Donegal   Dublin v Donegal Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 7:27 pm

Look, we knew what to expect with Donegal. They are what they are and its up to good teams to break that shite system down which the dubs did eventually and fair play to them. It will be a great final now.

Nearly choked when I saw that handpassing stat in the 2nd half...201 passes to 66 or something like that!!!!

The most disappointing aspect from yesterday for me was the diving and play acting from Donegal players. This from a proud county where such tactics would certainly never have been the norm in the past. When they went 3 points up the game was there for them as the dubs were all at sea but they didnt have the tactical acumen to kick on and bury them even though McFadden was casuing them all sorts of problems.

It saddens me greatly that we didnt beat them and get a shot at dublin yesterday.
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

Dublin v Donegal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Donegal   Dublin v Donegal Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 7:30 pm

The tactics of Donegal were hard to watch but the inability of Dublin to break them down was even more worrying.I am fairly certain that Dublin have the worst half back line that will ever play in an All Ireland final.

I have already said that I would liks to see Dublin winning the AI final in 2011 but unless there is an outbreak of severe samonella in the KIngdom , they are just not good enough to beat Kerry..I feel that it will be a one sided final.
Back to top Go down
Always_White
Intermediate
Intermediate
Always_White

Dublin v Donegal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Donegal   Dublin v Donegal Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 7:36 pm

Sam I think we would have beaten Dublin yesterday, we scored 10 points against Donegal in ordinary time but they could only manage 8. But for lousy refereeing we would now be in the All Ireland.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

Dublin v Donegal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Donegal   Dublin v Donegal Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 3:31 am

I don't buy into this "We're not here to entertain" crap thats a cop out and not a true representation of what the sport is about. Win at all costs??? No thanks.

Yes you are there to entertain, if tripe like that means people don't go to matches well then the game dies. If people i.e. parents don't go to matches how will their kids be even remotely interested in gaelic football. My passion and involvement in the game stemmed from my parents involvement. People want to see a game of football, a man's game, not that rubbish. Kids need to want to get involved and want to play the game. Every kid in Kildare wants to be John Doyle and that can be only good for Kildare.
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

Dublin v Donegal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Donegal   Dublin v Donegal Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 5:19 am

Think of the families/supporters from donegal who paid , €300 approx to watch that tripe , genuine fans , i would be disgusted it was dublin , thats not to say i thought our goose was cooked 1 half

Dublin i thought we were 1 dimensional , no creativity , in the 1 st half , the fouling and frees which resulted were 100% correct even if we did get 6 frees and scored 2 from play , donegal didnt come to croke park to play football !! Puke football Pat spillane was correct a few months back when he said they were dire V Antrim .Any team that plays 13 def 1 fwd for 60 mins deserves to be beat by Frees. You noticed when they had to chase the game and come out , it changed dramatically , they were useless, deegan was very inept to enforce the require distance of donegal def for frees/45s , but was to the letter with dublin

As for Kildare IF they had been there ,as 1 poster eludes to ,the simple answer Kildare play football ! , but still would not have beat Dublin in a open game of football , you had your chance in fairness in both games ( dub/don) to achieve that and ran out of steam in one and a " free" Rolling Eyes in the other !!

For the good of the game Football won it out cheers

Kerry v Dublin , Dublin will need to improve 100% if they are to challange kerry or they will be out the gate 10 mins into the game , i think it will be a great game for people who prefer to see open football, Kerry are favorites so we will leave it at that Wink
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

Dublin v Donegal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Donegal   Dublin v Donegal Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 5:26 am

stanley wrote:

Where do i send 3 stone bag of salt & pepper , its a awful lot for one Monitor ,now that we are in 4 Finals Rolling Eyes

If we win some where do i send the gravy Laughing

Only joking me ould flower Only joking Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

Dublin v Donegal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Donegal   Dublin v Donegal Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 6:11 am

.......................cough...........................
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

Dublin v Donegal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Donegal   Dublin v Donegal Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 8:15 am

Vodafone very good points and I agree with your observation on us. Well done on the win also and enjoy every minute of the build up to the final. Lets all hope its a cracking game.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

Dublin v Donegal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Donegal   Dublin v Donegal Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 6:07 pm

Yes I agree with that, Well done Vodafone, Dublin done GAA a service this weekend, delighted that you beat that puke football. and good to have a genuine non-Kildare person give their honest views on the forum, not just childish WUM's. Good luck in the final.
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

Dublin v Donegal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Donegal   Dublin v Donegal Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 7:13 pm

What is this crap about Dublin saving Gaelic football ?

They were slightly less defensive than Donegal on Sunday. None of their half back line ventured into the Donegal half at any stage in the game.They now also have the biggest diving cheat in the game in their massively overrated no.15.If I read any more of this drivel , I will puke Sad
Back to top Go down
lastline
Intercounty
Intercounty
lastline

Dublin v Donegal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Donegal   Dublin v Donegal Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 7:23 pm

to be honest that is probably the only way to beat donegal is at their own game. if dublin pushed many more men forward alls that would have happened is the donegal back line would become more congested than it actually was giving the donegal backs a better chance of getting hands on the opposition and pulling the ball from them. the difference TC is that dublin can and will go out in the all ireland final and play football. if donegal won on sunday we would see the very same style brought into the final. as for diving cheats mr brogan was not alone on sunday. the donegal player who went down from connolly didnt wrap himself in glory. along with alot of other players from both sides. perhaps the final minute of the leinster final is still at the back of your mind. like i said before we need to get over these things. im sure JD and the rest of the panel are over it if not there would be no point in setting out next year in that frame of mind.
Back to top Go down
ChopperDalton
Intercounty
Intercounty

Dublin v Donegal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Donegal   Dublin v Donegal Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 8:32 pm

tomcruise wrote:
What is this crap about Dublin saving Gaelic football ?

They were slightly less defensive than Donegal on Sunday. None of their half back line ventured into the Donegal half at any stage in the game.They now also have the biggest diving cheat in the game in their massively overrated no.15.If I read any more of this drivel , I will puke Sad

Agreed
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

Dublin v Donegal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Donegal   Dublin v Donegal Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 10:24 pm

Tom Cruise you obviously missed the rule change at Congress this year: "It is illegal for a defender to tackle, run alongside, or look at Bernard Brogan during a big championship match".
Back to top Go down
ChopperDalton
Intercounty
Intercounty

Dublin v Donegal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Donegal   Dublin v Donegal Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 10:43 pm

I believe Donegal have committed crimes against football, they are dreadful to watch.

But Dublin were woeful, they couldnt even do the basics, how many of their shoots sailed well well wide when not even under presure. Playing a match once a month cant be doing them any help whatsoever.

But to say there was one bad team out there on Sunday is wrong, its just that one team was worse than the other.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

Dublin v Donegal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Donegal   Dublin v Donegal Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 12:37 am

Who got man of the match on Sunday?
Back to top Go down
gaaman
Intermediate
Intermediate

Dublin v Donegal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Donegal   Dublin v Donegal Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 12:56 am

Bernard Brogan got MOTM from the Sunday Game.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

Dublin v Donegal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Donegal   Dublin v Donegal Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 2:34 am

Notwithstanding my dislike for Dublin, I have to admit that the result on Sunday was a positive one for football. Donegal are utterly dreadful to watch and it would be a crying shame if that style of football won an All-Ireland title. Every team in the country would start to ape it and the game would go rapidly downhill. Kerry/Dublin will be a much better and more enjoyable final.

Hard to call the final now. Kerry have buckets of experience at the back and they have the classiest forwards out there. However, the graph of this Dublin team is still rising and Kerry have probably reached their plateau. A lot will depend on how Dublin handle the occasion because we know that Kerry are used to it. The longer Dublin stay in it, the more chance they have of exposing Kerry's older legs.

While a possible Dublin victory would be hard to stomach initially, I think it might be beneficial for Leinster football and Kildare in particular. A rising tide can lift all boats and you only need to look at how Kildare raised themselves in the late nineties when Dublin and Meath were winning All-Irelands. If Dublin were to win in three weeks time, I think it might help the Kildare players to kick on again because we aren't a million miles away.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dublin v Donegal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Donegal   Dublin v Donegal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dublin v Donegal
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next