Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dublin v Donegal

Go down 
+24
kartman
Botch
standhimup
flourman
Big Full Back
TommyKeegan
kickingking
gaaman
Taibi
Ohtoohtobe
ChopperDalton
lastline
KILL BILL
rgb
Come on the Boys in Blue
Stonecold
tomcruise
Sam1928
Fear An Geata
stanley
lilywhites on tour
bag of white
Always_White
Rex
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

Dublin v Donegal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Donegal   Dublin v Donegal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 3:38 am

kickingking wrote:
Notwithstanding my dislike for Dublin, I have to admit that the result on Sunday was a positive one for football. Donegal are utterly dreadful to watch and it would be a crying shame if that style of football won an All-Ireland title. Every team in the country would start to ape it and the game would go rapidly downhill. Kerry/Dublin will be a much better and more enjoyable final.

Hard to call the final now. Kerry have buckets of experience at the back and they have the classiest forwards out there. However, the graph of this Dublin team is still rising and Kerry have probably reached their plateau. A lot will depend on how Dublin handle the occasion because we know that Kerry are used to it. The longer Dublin stay in it, the more chance they have of exposing Kerry's older legs.

While a possible Dublin victory would be hard to stomach initially, I think it might be beneficial for Leinster football and Kildare in particular. A rising tide can lift all boats and you only need to look at how Kildare raised themselves in the late nineties when Dublin and Meath were winning All-Irelands. If Dublin were to win in three weeks time, I think it might help the Kildare players to kick on again because we aren't a million miles away.

I would say your closer than you give yourselves credit for , A kick of a ball , and i mean that sincerely !! ,

look i dont expect anyone here to change there opinions or believes about us its a cross to bear or firm belief , thats what makes our games so unique , our tribalism , no matter "win loseor draw" , i understand your pain over the years , ours is 16yrs and is huge for us , unfortunely i cant compare it in the same league as a lifetime with some kildare folk here , it make 16 yrs a complete joke !, but i assure you despite our tribalism , i for one would not begrudge a kildare a day in the sun in september , and i am quite sure ,underneath our thick skin , us Dubs, if we were not involved come sept in the near furture !! would reveal in a kildare win in sept !! i can see it coming , like i said on another thread , a few more pluses and you can become a powerhouse.

Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Donegal   Dublin v Donegal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 5:16 am

Might be of interest to one, possibly two.... http://bit.ly/nsbyMv
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Donegal   Dublin v Donegal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 1:54 am

There was not a word in that TK I did not disagree with. When you see their effort at shooting I still wonder how they kicked those last few scores against us.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Donegal   Dublin v Donegal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 8:44 am

Connolly got his red card overturned..... Common sense at long last.....
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Donegal   Dublin v Donegal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 11:09 am

Apparently he got off on the technicality that the referee (Deegan Rolling Eyes ) showed him the red before taking his name and number.

I'm happy he did get off because I thought the playacting of the Donegal player was absolutely disgraceful. However, it makes a complete mockery of the GAA disciplinary system once again. I wonder how Brian Farrell feels hearing this news given that his suspension for, at worst, a similar offence, was upheld. Where's the consistency?

Connolly himself is a lucky boy. He didn't deserve to be shown the line but what he did was pure stupid. Brian Cullen was trying to get him to walk away but he went bull headed after the ball even though it was already a Dublin free in for a possible equaliser. If he doesn't learn to keep his head he could cost Dublin in the final. He couldn't handle Chalky down in Newbridge in the u21 a few years ago and he got the line for throwing an elbow at him.
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Donegal   Dublin v Donegal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 11:19 am

Big Full Back wrote:

Good news , i just hope he grabs the chance to prove he is as good a player ,we in dublin have been acccrediting him for the last couple of years, it a forum to show us he has matured , and can complete with the best forwards in the country, its now time for dublin to drop the heads , shed the limelight get some serious preperation done under the cover of darkside, casting aside the favourite tag tarred on by the media's hype drive, most notibly constructed by country sages ,this only belongs to justifable kerry alone , they are the peoples choice Wink , but i am sure our leinster brethern shall stand shoulder to shoulder in support Surprised
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Donegal   Dublin v Donegal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 5:52 pm

I wish you well Vodafone2011, but I think Kerry might just shade it - sorry mate.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Donegal   Dublin v Donegal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 6:30 pm

Big Full Back wrote:

Common Sense? Not sure what is meant by this. Connolly got himself stupidly sent off - he raised his hands and struck out (it doesn't matter (sorry shouldn't matter) how much force he used or that he was provoked by Boyle) and by applying the letter of the law deserved his red card.

It is a farce that this red card has been rescinded and if he was playing for any other county it would not have been.
Back to top Go down
standhimup
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Donegal   Dublin v Donegal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 6:48 pm

I would have to agree with flourman on this. No way should the red card of been rescinded. Preferential treatment for the dubs, what's new!? Brian Farrell was sent off for a lesser offense against kildare and his appeal failed.
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Donegal   Dublin v Donegal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 7:00 pm

It is an absolute disgrace and a joke but Kerry are past masters at capitalising on matters like this. Would the same have happened to Paul Galvin or Tomas O'Shea ?

They are going on about Kerry v Dublin rivalry but I genuinely can never remember Dublin beating Kerry in the championship except for a ladies match a couple of years ago.

Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Donegal   Dublin v Donegal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 7:58 pm

Another example of the GAA basically making up rules to suit themselves. In no other sporting organisation do you find a governing body manipulating their own rules to suit their own needs.
If ever it showed the rule book needs burning and a new simpler version written it's this.
However I think looking at all the row backs on suspensions and sub controversies down the years, I am beginning to think the GAA want convoluted rules in order for them to carry out this exact type of decision. If it was black and white they would have no room for manoeuvre.

It sets a precedent now though for all future games.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Donegal   Dublin v Donegal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 8:15 pm

Dublin will win I think by three.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Donegal   Dublin v Donegal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 8:29 pm

Quite hard to believe that he got away with this incident. Whilst there wasnt much in the actual strike and the Donegal player made the most of it, it was a strike - 2 strikes in fact on one in the face and one in the chest.

How can video evidence be used to get a red card rescinded but cannot be used to dispute a square ball or a disputed point.
The mind boggles. Another 2 fingers up from the GAA.
Back to top Go down
kartman
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Donegal   Dublin v Donegal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 9:09 pm

Ah come on lads,it was nothing.If it was a kildare player we'd be going crazy if he didnt get the red overturned.The donegal player should have got red for being such a pussy.
Back to top Go down
lastline
Intercounty
Intercounty
lastline

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Donegal   Dublin v Donegal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 9:16 pm

well said supersub. he is not the 1st man to get a red card overturned. aidan o mahony did likewise a year or two ago, alan barry last year as did a club person in kildare this season. people in glass houses and all that. we seem to get very hung up on this forum about other counties affairs.
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Donegal   Dublin v Donegal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 9:16 pm

After looking at that video the Donegal no 8 did the very same thing to Connolly, and have to say the Donegal player went down very easy. the ref last Sunday got a much harder belt from a hurl and was still standing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Donegal   Dublin v Donegal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 9:33 pm

lastline wrote:
well said supersub. he is not the 1st man to get a red card overturned. aidan o mahony did likewise a year or two ago, alan barry last year as did a club person in kildare this season. people in glass houses and all that. we seem to get very hung up on this forum about other counties affairs.

Only people in glass houses in Kildare would be Sarsfield people lastline.

Incidentally did you see the Alan Barry incident yourself?
Back to top Go down
lastline
Intercounty
Intercounty
lastline

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Donegal   Dublin v Donegal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 10:51 pm

no but i heard alot about it. from other people who were at the game they say it was black and white. pardon the pun kilcullen folk. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Donegal   Dublin v Donegal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 10:52 pm

ah that was nowhere near a sending off, it even less of an offence than Farrell's. It IS common sense that he got off because if that's a sending off, we're playing five-a-side football... but we are often told that common sense has nothing to do with rules and law. Common sense was no good for Brian Farrell. There is just absolutely no consistency. Good luck to Connolly, he has a lot to prove as a player in my opinion. Was awesome against Tyrone but you've got to do it more than once. If he gets the right ball, he can do it against Kerry. Still fancy Kerry
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Donegal   Dublin v Donegal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 12:13 am

I think it's a joke that he got off. If Farrell didn't get win his appeal that time I don't know how they could let Connolly off. A clear strike is a red card. There shouldn't be one rule for one and one for everyone else. If it was Paul Galvin he'd probably get a 6 month ban.
Back to top Go down
hawker
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Donegal   Dublin v Donegal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 1:19 am

I'd have no issue with Connolly getting off if its found that it was the referees cock up that was the reason. God knows they've f**ked up enough this year already so it might force them to look at various aspects of their rules with a view to doing something about them.

However if its for any other reason then it would only be seen as favouritism and probably back up the thoughts I've had all year about GAA and the Dubs.
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Donegal   Dublin v Donegal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 4:32 pm

hawker wrote:
I'd have no issue with Connolly getting off if its found that it was the referees cock up that was the reason. God knows they've f**ked up enough this year already so it might force them to look at various aspects of their rules with a view to doing something about them.

However if its for any other reason then it would only be seen as favouritism and probably back up the thoughts I've had all year about GAA and the Dubs.

This is why here got off ,and if you look at Fionns comment on pg6 with the youtube clip , it correctly showed the red card was issued straight away but Deegan never took Connolly's name in the book , before during or after the sending off, so Tuff , its was appealed on proceedure and rules a ref must adhere to , and not favourtism as illuded to above

DUBLIN'S Diarmuid Connolly is back in the game.

The star forward has been given the all-clear to line out against Kerry on a technicality.

GAA bosses have been left red-faced after it was claimed that the referee who gave Connolly his marching orders in the All Ireland semi-final never actually took down his name

Full report here
http://www.herald.ie/sport/gaa/relief-for-dubs-as-connolly-red-card-is-overturned-in-time-for-final-showdown 2867401.html

Some nasty feelings here not all ,some reasonable explainations and i respect those ,but some misguided and pitiful reasoning by the very few here , if kildare were in a All Ireland, like in "98" everyone in dublin back them , because that what fellow leinster people Do !! despite our differances , i put that down to maturity Wink and the ability to move on and not hold childish grudges , but we all have minorities in our counties Suspect
Back to top Go down
ChopperDalton
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Donegal   Dublin v Donegal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 6:43 pm

Yeah we really felt the love from Res Dubs this year with their 28 pages of bitterness towards us.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Donegal   Dublin v Donegal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 9:22 pm

It's not a minority. Most Kildare people I know want Kerry to win. Most Dublin people I know would want Kildare to lose if the situation was reversed. And I wouldn't have it any other way - that's what rivalry is all about.
Back to top Go down
hawker
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Donegal   Dublin v Donegal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 10:13 pm

vodafone2011 wrote:
hawker wrote:

This is why here got off ,and if you look at Fionns comment on pg6 with the youtube clip , it correctly showed the red card was issued straight away but Deegan never took Connolly's name in the book , before during or after the sending off, so Tuff , its was appealed on proceedure and rules a ref must adhere to , and not favourtism as illuded to above

DUBLIN'S Diarmuid Connolly is back in the game.

The star forward has been given the all-clear to line out against Kerry on a technicality.

GAA bosses have been left red-faced after it was claimed that the referee who gave Connolly his marching orders in the All Ireland semi-final never actually took down his name

Full report here
http://www.herald.ie/sport/gaa/relief-for-dubs-as-connolly-red-card-is-overturned-in-time-for-final-showdown 2867401.html

Some nasty feelings here not all ,some reasonable explainations and i respect those ,but some misguided and pitiful reasoning by the very few here , if kildare were in a All Ireland, like in "98" everyone in dublin back them , because that what fellow leinster people Do !! despite our differances , i put that down to maturity Wink and the ability to move on and not hold childish grudges , but we all have minorities in our counties Suspect

Are you 100% sure this do called tenicality was because of what the ref did?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Donegal   Dublin v Donegal - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dublin v Donegal
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next