Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dublin v Donegal

Go down 
+24
kartman
Botch
standhimup
flourman
Big Full Back
TommyKeegan
kickingking
gaaman
Taibi
Ohtoohtobe
ChopperDalton
lastline
KILL BILL
rgb
Come on the Boys in Blue
Stonecold
tomcruise
Sam1928
Fear An Geata
stanley
lilywhites on tour
bag of white
Always_White
Rex
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

Dublin v Donegal - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Donegal   Dublin v Donegal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 10:22 pm

Lily4Life wrote:
I think it's a joke that he got off. If Farrell didn't get win his appeal that time I don't know how they could let Connolly off. A clear strike is a red card. There shouldn't be one rule for one and one for everyone else. If it was Paul Galvin he'd probably get a 6 month ban.

That's just emotive. It wasn't a strike and if it was a strike, then the refs aren't applying the rules properly day in day out and football would be five-a-side. It's the same as the Brogan free. If that's a free, the refs have been doing it wrong all along.

Reference to Galvin doesn't help your argument at all. He didn't 'strike' the ref, he didn't stick his finger in a lad's mouth and fish hook him, he didn't catch him in a head lock, he didn't break his jaw etc. etc.

If you want that a sending off every day, remember it the next time Kildare are playing and Bolton, Mac, Daryl, Flano, Chalky, Rooney, Peter Kelly etc are out on the pitch. I agree Farrell is entitled to feel hard done by but two wrongs don't make a right. I agree there is a lack of consistency and sometimes it is hard to escape the view that the GAA can't do enough for Dublin - Croke Park etc - but in this instance it was the right call, as against Anthony Lynch getting off a few years ago despite clearly striking a Kerry player and being sent off for it, as against Noel O'Leary getting away with chinning Graham Geraghty and many more. It's the process that's the issue here.
Back to top Go down
ChopperDalton
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Donegal   Dublin v Donegal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 10:34 pm

I have my flags on the cars/van & flags buntons up on the front of the house and a flag on pole in the back garden 40 ' high (as i live in the centre of the kildare estate , it can be viewed around). This is a ritual since the start of the league every year to date (2011) , throughout the championship, it let the lillies down here know there place, It drives them "effing bonkers" , within a day or two later, the native's put out large volume of lillie flags and "an others" , but the most pleasing aspect and sheer enjoyment is watching all those flags come down month by month , this is the first year they have lasted till september !!!, a great feeling & surreal
Glad we know our place Vodafone, our place is Kildare
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Donegal   Dublin v Donegal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 10:53 pm

Let's move on about Connolly.He got sent off against our U/21 s a few years back in Newbridge and he looked like an absolute thug that day. His club were after winning the AI the previous weekend and he was strutting around like a primaddona. He got off because he plays for Dublin and that's that. And just in case he lost the appeal , they had some technicality issue lined up.

I am sure that the Kerry full - back line with medals hanging out of themselves everywhere are not too worried.

The nearer I get to this match , I am hoping for a Kerry win.I am realising why I do not like Dublin. Their AI in 1995 was by default and in 1983 they kicked Galway into submission . Wait until the thugs like Duff , Barr , Curran , Redmond etc are rolled out before us next week.

And if I see a blue flag anywhere in Kildare I will lol!
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Donegal   Dublin v Donegal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 11:52 pm

It's starting to build already, the idea that a win for Dublin would be good for the GAA and the Dubs themselves. If any county doesn't need any more help it's Dublin considering the money that has been pumped into them over the last few years.

As for the blue Flags flying in Kildare, just think that these people loved their own County so much they moved down here in their thousands.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Donegal   Dublin v Donegal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 1:01 am

I think it's a good thing for Kerry that Connolly is playing. He is a lovely footballer when his team are winning, but there are few players out there with a more suspect temperament when things are going badly. Chalky bullied him into submission in the U21s a few years ago and he ended up getting sent off, and I knew when Neil McGee hit him an early clatter the last day that he would do nothing, and he ended up sent off again. I could be wrong but I can't see him handling the pressure of an AI final.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Donegal   Dublin v Donegal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 2:02 am

I agree with you O2 - he's had one decent performance ever for Dublin - but I can't help laugh at the references to Chalky bullying him and Neil McGee hitting him a clatter and then on the other hand there's the sanctimonious horse shit about how he should be suspended! (not from you guys necessarily, but the forum). I'm amazed that him 'going around like a prima donna' and 'acting the thug' when he was U21 was still an issue - it betrays a massive inferiority complex. And delusion. Because again, none of our panellists ever acted the prima donna or the bollix when they were kids, not to mention when they were older..........

Going back to Connolly the footballer, rather than Connolly the man, he has oceans to prove yet at inter-county level. Ironically, this is a chance for him as he's not facing the tightest defenders in the land. But I still can't predict he's going to burn it up on the basis of all I've seen of him as a footballer. Now BB on the other hand, if he gets the amount of ball Andy Moran did..........
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Donegal   Dublin v Donegal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 4:59 pm

ChopperDalton wrote:
Yeah we really felt the love from Res Dubs this year with their 28 pages of bitterness towards us.

CD

Ehhmm ,In general as a group, and as a whole your not shy thrown it the other way either in fairness in a variety of ways and the bitterness here still burns very lively and very strongly by some sage who reside here , ok it has somewhat toned down over the last while , but it rears it ugly head quite regularly as you know Wink , but it comes as part of package as this is a kildare gaa forum , i wouldnt expect it any other way in fairness , if i dont like it i can feck off, not view it or not bother signing in, they have there fair share of WUM's too just like here

i can say it was more of a case of questioning of the LOVE IN by McStay & Davis , making declarations in regards to Kildare as this 3rd best team in the country and this best second half team rubbish , it was this "UnGlorified Hype" and not a thread per-say enshired to have a go a Kildare supporters

I think went to many a kildare supporters heads , yes there are in fairness wise heads here who saw through it ,but the majority of kildare supporters in general fell for it "hook, line, & sinker" , i think it was more to do with the CSI TSG sages !! than Kildare supporters in general, sure why didnt you defend your counties honour if you feel so strongly about it in Resdubs , they are just as welcoming to Genuine Gaa fans as the Kildaregaa forum here

yes at time it got outha hand , but it happens here too you must agree , and the admin are quite generous and flexible , which is a good thing , and why i like this forum alot funnily enough , as you can a bit of unbridled fun , and most people here can get over it move on

O2

It must be the small minority than in your case , as i can assure you ,alot of Genuine Dublin Supporter would rather see Kildare win a A/I , who live in dublin/kildare

Last edited by vodafone2011 on Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Donegal   Dublin v Donegal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 5:13 pm

ChopperDalton wrote:
I have my flags on the cars/van & flags buntons up on the front of the house and a flag on pole in the back garden 40 ' high (as i live in the centre of the kildare estate , it can be viewed around). This is a ritual since the start of the league every year to date (2011) , throughout the championship, it let the lillies down here know there place, It drives them "effing bonkers" , within a day or two later, the native's put out large volume of lillie flags and "an others" , but the most pleasing aspect and sheer enjoyment is watching all those flags come down month by month , this is the first year they have lasted till september !!!, a great feeling & surreal
Glad we know our place Vodafone, our place is Kildare

Laughing Laughing Laughing , you do have issues with me , sad really No

I quite enjoy the showboating & hype , as it add a bit of colour and friendly rivarly, I stand by that comment 100 % no problem , sure i live in a estate full of by far 1000% great good natured neighbours from kildare/clare/kilkenny/wexford/tipperary , they fully enjoy the fun & games off it , they can assure you, I give as much service to my locate club (in Kildare) as i do to the Dubs , they even know weakness , i go and support kildare when not in direct rivarly , and they havent been shy in giving me stick when Dublin lose , it what its all about , good healthly rivarly Laughing , so feel free to quote me, as there is some truth to it if you have to post my comments from other sites here , it chaps like you i have in mind it let the lillies down here know there place It drives them "effing bonkers" , cheers

Last edited by vodafone2011 on Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Donegal   Dublin v Donegal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 5:42 pm

tomcruise wrote:
Let's move on about Connolly.He got sent off against our U/21 s a few years back in Newbridge and he looked like an absolute thug that day. His club were after winning the AI the previous weekend and he was strutting around like a primaddona. He got off because he plays for Dublin and that's that. And just in case he lost the appeal , they had some technicality issue lined up.

I am sure that the Kerry full - back line with medals hanging out of themselves everywhere are not too worried.

The nearer I get to this match , I am hoping for a Kerry win.I am realising why I do not like Dublin. Their AI in 1995 was by default and in 1983 they kicked Galway into submission . Wait until the thugs like Duff , Barr , Curran , Redmond etc are rolled out before us next week.

And if I see a blue flag anywhere in Kildare I will lol!

Bring it on , many have tried , and failed miserable Laughing Laughing , remember we can hurl too Wink amply as good with hurl in either hand Very Happy

ALL the better !! it will weigh them yerra's yerra's down and give us the extra few yards to bang in a few goals

As for Galway 83 , they gave as good as they got , no shrinking violets there , Dublin thugs you say , i say 12 Apostles , you say dirty dozen Laughing

As for Tyrone 95 , if you pick the ball directly off the ground what do you expect , default free , i keep reminding Peter the Great Wink

Connolly U21 sending off ,I totally agree you entirely, i was there at the match that day , no excuses , and kildare were by far the superior team , was that a Kerry year too Laughing , i amazed with your "kerry love in" starting with a H ending in a E
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Donegal   Dublin v Donegal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 6:17 pm

CHC explain reason for Connolly's clearance
06 September 2011

Dublin's Diarmuid Connolly with Tyrone's Conor Gormley during the All Ireland quarter final at Croke ParkThe GAA's Central Hearing Committee decided to clear Diarmuid Connolly on the basis that the offence he committed was not serious enough to warrant a four week suspension.

The St Vincent's man struck out at Donegal substitute Marty Boyle and was issued with a straight red card as a result.

The CCCC recommended a four week suspension after match referee Maurice Deegan reported the player for 'striking with the hand.' That ban would have ruled the full forward out of his county's first All-Ireland SFC final appearance in 16-years.

Dublin county board presented video evidence which they argued showed the incident was not a stiking action.

The CHC agreed and a Croke Park statement today outlined their conclusions.

"The Central Hearings Committee found that the evidence presented disclosed an infraction but one less serious than that alleged, that is to say, 'To engage in any other form of rough play.' Accordingly no suspension was imposed on Diarmuid Connolly," explained the GAA.

Originally when news of the decision not to impose a ban on the player came through, it was thought that he had been cleared on a technicality.
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Donegal   Dublin v Donegal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 6:24 pm

Rex wrote:
It's starting to build already, the idea that a win for Dublin would be good for the GAA and the Dubs themselves. If any county doesn't need any more help it's Dublin considering the money that has been pumped into them over the last few years.

As for the blue Flags flying in Kildare, just think that these people loved their own County so much they moved down here in their thousands

Its has been the hurling that vast funding has been pumped into in fairness , the football in essences takes care of itself.

Yeah I suppose we have to spread the gospel to the pagan country cousin's , a bit like st patrick and the snakes ! except its st joxer / st damo is keeping up the good christain work ,with the snakes ( the old kildare county emblem) ! that and cheaper houses Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Donegal   Dublin v Donegal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 9:53 pm

Ogie wrote:
I agree with you O2 - he's had one decent performance ever for Dublin - but I can't help laugh at the references to Chalky bullying him and Neil McGee hitting him a clatter and then on the other hand there's the sanctimonious horse shit about how he should be suspended! (not from you guys necessarily, but the forum). I'm amazed that him 'going around like a prima donna' and 'acting the thug' when he was U21 was still an issue - it betrays a massive inferiority complex. And delusion. Because again, none of our panellists ever acted the prima donna or the bollix when they were kids, not to mention when they were older..........

Going back to Connolly the footballer, rather than Connolly the man, he has oceans to prove yet at inter-county level. Ironically, this is a chance for him as he's not facing the tightest defenders in the land. But I still can't predict he's going to burn it up on the basis of all I've seen of him as a footballer. Now BB on the other hand, if he gets the amount of ball Andy Moran did..........

I wouldn't accuse him of 'acting the thug', I'm saying he can't handle a man marker giving him physical attention, and is liable to lash out in a petulant rather than violent way, his sending off against Kildare U21s that day was very similar to the one against Donegal. As for him getting off, well in the spirit of the game, you don't want to see lads getting suspensions for handbag stuff, but in fairness, why wasn't that applied to Brian Farrell, for example, who barely made any contact with Emmet Bolton and still had his suspension upheld? I don't think Connolly's a prima donna either - he's just mad in the head and I'd be shocked if he has much impact against Kerry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dublin v Donegal   Dublin v Donegal - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dublin v Donegal
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3