Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare Development Squads

Go down 
+51
intheback
Dinny Breen
Gaa1928
fatherted
thelads
Dido
The observer
Midfielder
steviegenius
maccie
johnsmyth
Shergar
MrBinman
bob12
if_in_doubt
OutTheGap
nuxer
kildaregaa365
jj
Jimmy winning matches
kelf
makcer
Fear An Geata
ChopperDalton
walsheman
flourman
Bad News Baba
Botch
lastline
Taibi
Ogie
Ohtoohtobe
Big Full Back
tomcruise
TommyKeegan
kickingking
KFSAM
overthebar
lilly-exile
SeamusMurphy
murof
White Bridge
archie
Bān go Lēir
lollypop
lilywhites on tour
Come on the Boys in Blue
rgb
losthope
lillyboy
Kildare Castle
55 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
thelads
Intermediate
Intermediate

Kildare Development Squads  - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Kildare Development Squads  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 8:31 pm

i asked you a simple question yesterday how big do you make these squads,cant remember anyone saying it was perfect, but i just dont think much talent is being missed.but allways room for improvement
Back to top Go down
The observer
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Kildare Development Squads  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 9:16 pm

i never said increase the size of the squads, the fact is we've won 1 leinster minor title in the last 22 years so we are failing somewhere, we come on here and complain when our u21s and seniors dont win leinsters but if we are not doing it at underage why should it be any different when they get older, my point is there needs to be some change or restructuring of underage football, i dont have the answers but why shoot someone down who come on and disagrees with the structures when they are obviously not working and the lack of titles backs this up, i'd like nothing better than us winning leinsters and all irelands each year and i hope this years team can do that for us but i think change is needed
Back to top Go down
thelads
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Kildare Development Squads  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 9:44 pm

lol we finally start to win a few under age titles and you want to change everything
Back to top Go down
The observer
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Kildare Development Squads  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 9:49 pm

they probably said the same thing in 1991
Back to top Go down
thelads
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Kildare Development Squads  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 9:55 pm

and lets hope the lads from last year win a couple of leinsters and get to an all ireland like those lads did maybe win it this time
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Kildare Development Squads  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 11:30 pm

Dont think the Development Squads were up and running in 1991 observer...... think there only going 6 or 7 years. We have had some success in the last number of years from the work the mentors and coaches have done with all the players that have went through the system. There is always room for improvement and i'm sure the full time coaches in Hawkfield are striving for that and hopefully success wont be far behind.
Back to top Go down
The observer
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Kildare Development Squads  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 11:33 pm

I hope so to and hope we can push on from last year and go all the way this time
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Kildare Development Squads  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 12:24 am

Its a work in progress, and things have most certainly improved since the Development Squads were set up.. Lets hope it continues to provide even more Underage Titles more often.
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Kildare Development Squads  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 5:46 am

Indeed they have Seamus, I presume like myself you remember the bad old days
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Kildare Development Squads  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 11:50 am

Indeed I do bally..
Curiously, who has taken over the mantle of "Top Man", for lack of a better Title.. I assume the original Leadership role Bryan Murphy had ?
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Kildare Development Squads  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 5:28 am

good day all around for the young lilies, u/16's beat Kerry and Tipp and the u/15's beat Dublin and Meath
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Kildare Development Squads  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 8:22 pm

Good stuff.. Well done One and all..
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Kildare Development Squads  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 8:52 pm

Where's the doom and gloom lads ?? This positive crack is not on ....
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Kildare Development Squads  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 9:09 pm

Good to hear. Fair play to all the players and mentors involved.
Back to top Go down
Midfielder
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Kildare Development Squads  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 8:00 am

U16's beat a well organised tipp team by 6pts then beat Kerry's strongest 15 by 6 straight afterwards !!!! Played lovely football but showed a bit of steel aswell!!! A fine group of lads going in the right direction!! Essential it continues right through!!! Continuity!!!
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Kildare Development Squads  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 10:35 am

You must be canvassing for the mentors involved midfielder....... or maybe you are involved with this squad...... fair play to the mentors and team, good results but not sure it was Kerrys strongest team.....
Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Kildare Development Squads  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 9:08 am

Kildare 6-19 Leitrim 3-7 Fr Manning Cup played tonight in Johnstownbridge

Didn't make it over but I heard Leitrim actually went ahead early in second half but Kildare then upped it a couple of gears and were awesome for the last 20 mins. They play Roscommon away next week in 2nd round followed by Offaly a week later
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Kildare Development Squads  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 6:05 pm

good start to a good competition. It's going to be a busy few weeks for these young lads when you add in the upcoming Leinster blitz and club championship..
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Kildare Development Squads  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 10:50 pm

Well done to all concerned, this is a good squad with good mentors. Seen them play a few times and they are well balanced and strong.
Back to top Go down
archie
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Kildare Development Squads  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 1:01 am

What age group is Fr. Manning Cup
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Kildare Development Squads  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 3:28 am

u/16
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Kildare Development Squads  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 8:21 am

kildare 3 -16 roscommon 2-8 fr manning cup
Back to top Go down
Shergar
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Kildare Development Squads  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 7:32 pm

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/burnout-fear-sees-clubs-pull-u16s-out-of-kildare-side-30403391.html

To be honest something like this has been coming down the tracks for a while. We had at least 2 instances last year and 1 already this year where under 16s were playing for the county the morning after playing for their clubs the night before. Going back to when I was playing under 14 and 16 football, matches were nearly always played on a Friday night in the county and it seemed to suit well so I could understand clubs being reluctant to change this. But don't agree with pulling players out after the competition has started and Sarsfields have previous form in this when they pulled players from a Fr Manning Cup game last year because it was 4 days before the minor league final.
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Kildare Development Squads  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 12:41 am

Its always very difficult to balance county U16 players with exams, Fr manning cup and club U16 championship all around the same time..... But I find it a bit rich coming from the same 2 clubs who I know for a fact were whinging and crying that certain players were not on Development Squads and contacting county mentors earlier in the year and previous years to have a go at Development Squad mentors not picking these same players that they are now refusing to let play with county team.......your dammed if you do and your dammed if you dont.....
Back to top Go down
Dinny Breen
Senior
Senior
Dinny Breen

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Kildare Development Squads  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 1:40 am

Underage coaching should be foremost about the player, not their club not their county. So are the motives here really to protect the players or to ensure their club has their county players fit, fresh and available for the championship.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Kildare Development Squads  - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare Development Squads
Page 15 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next