Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012

Go down 
+83
cilldara07
Stekhli
lillyboy
kartman
Bān go Lēir
totalgaa
totheline
bob12
Bad News Baba
lilysavage
fargo
wingback
smokey
Son of Sarsfields
Lilly07
Admin3
parcel
trueblue
ElGuerrouj
SamMaguire
lomond
losthope
Dinny Breen
Loads of Pints
shoutitout
Horsebox
peile
topcat
Lily8
Frankel
abl
Highball
FearBan
Botch
Stonecold
rgb
jj
Sam1928
tomoneillandhissisteranne
kelf
Fear An Geata
lastline
KILL BILL
BelieveToAchieve
Flamingo
KFSAM
carburyman
midfieldmaestro
overthebar
analysis
Onhisboot
steviegenius
naked-lilly
hawker
standhimup
johnsmyth
Ohtoohtobe
murof
bag of white
nuxer
Jimmy winning matches
Rex
centreback
Ogie
Come on the Boys in Blue
Could'nt Trap Cement
Big Full Back
bluetown
Taibi
FreshMixer
milltownmary
Oneill
kildaregaa365
TommyKeegan
MD
lilywhites on tour
stanley
kickingking
Athyman
flourman
tomcruise
if_in_doubt
Gaffer
87 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 2:28 am

I think we will revert to 2-2-2 for Sunday week
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 2:44 am

revert carburyman? we had the 2-2-2 formation against meath. will o`connor be on the inside again?
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 2:52 am

From what i saw i reckon same team as offlay match,
Back to top Go down
SamMaguire
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 2:53 am

Ogie wrote:
He was actually going very well in training and took a heavy knock to the shoulder. I didn't hear he was out but he was in trouble. I know John Smyth is skeptical but he didn't train last night due to it. It's genuine. From what I heard, he was very definitely going to play.

He does have a certain history of sustaining injuries ahead of big championship matches so he's probably right to be skeptical. Given the circumstances here, it may be best for all concerned.

Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 2:54 am

Fogarty probably deserves a start. Too many of the forwards were passing the buck against Meath when there was a shot on.
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 3:14 am

this game is a chance for big changes and a chance to set future oppositions thinking about us differently because all the talk this year about the kildare team is all tom o`connor most teams believe if they stop tom from winning ball or stop him from laying it off then they will be along way in beating kildare and they are right. i can see some team just saying let o`connor have the ball and when he gets it we will swarm around him to win it back much like tyrone done in the midfield with daragh o`se.

i`d like to see a team like this the next day

connolly
kelly
foley
mcgrillen

bolton
chalky
lyons

lynch
flynn

callaghan
doyle

o`connor
flats

smith
kavanagh

i know i`m being harsh leaving conway paudie and morgan out who are all terrific players and can all do there jobs very effectively but my reason for leaving morgan out is that i think he is a sweeper and i`d prefer our backs to all match up to there men and centreback also covering anything through the middle which is what chalky used to be so good at. i wouldn`t abandon the sweeper though so everytime the opposition are in possession flynn and callaghan would be encouraged to fall back infront of the full forward line
my reason for leaving morgan out
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 3:34 am

I might be harsh but i really dont see why kavanagh should keep a starting place he was v poor v offaly and was good v meath alright until banty changed the lad that was on him.
i still have to be convinced by fogarty he is young but its worth giving him a starting shot and then bring on kavanagh only if needs be.
something like when kavanagh lost his starting spot last year came on to prove a point v laois in the qualifier.
id leave smithy on i thought he did well enough v meath but he did have a shot on goal if he had of ran at meath needs to be more clinical in front of goal.
keep morgan on and callaghan if fit will make a big difference in picking up loose ball in the middle.
paudie o neill is just not a midfielder end of and i would have hugh lynch starting if fit along with flynn in the middle.

Does anybody know what cavan are like what's their midfield like defense etc. I know the raked up a good score v fermanagh after that i wouldnt know much more.
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 3:45 am

all good points all whit alright i cant argue with the kavanagh point he hasn`t been reaching the heights he can but in my team i see there being alot of space infront of smith and kavanagh and i cant recall any defender getting out in front of jimmers for a ball, he has a serious talent of timing his runs to perfection jimmers would be the main target man inside and if he has to go to the wings or far out to collect the passes he has the accuracy and know how to feed smithy in front of the posts also when he has his shooting boots there is no one in kildare like him kicking points
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 5:07 am

THere are some good points being made accross the board here. But is starting players who have little or no game time in league or championship the answer?

Bolton was poor the last day, but some would start him and drop Morgan, for Chalky who hasn't kicked a competitive ball all year? Kavanagh was really poor the last day and has been hot and cold for the last year or so. Would we really want to move big Tomas to accomodate him and Smith?

Its no secret that Im not a Conway fan, and Im sure he couldnt care less. He was very poor the last day, but was out of his usual position. Whilst that isn't an excuse for lack of work rate, I would give him the benefit of the doubt for the Cavan game and put him back in his familiar position.

Hugh Lynch is another who has had absolutely no game time, albeit through injury and fitness. Can we expect to throw him into an all or nothing game and expect him to deliver? I wouldn't expect hiim to.

Again its only my opinion but this is how Id like to see things shape up:

Connolly

Kelly
Foley
McGrillen

Bolton
Morgan
Lyons

Kelly
Flynn

Callaghan
Paidi

JD
Conway

Tomas
Flats
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 6:07 am

From what i have seen of Chalky this year with Sarsfields, he is midfielder and that is it, given our problems at midfield he may be worth look there obviously huge jump between club league games and championship.

I would go with

Conolly

Kelly
Foley
McGrillan

Bolton
Morgan
Lyons

Flynn
Chalky

Leper
Smithy

Johnny
Flats

Tomas
Podge Fogarty

Given we have been conceeding huge scores this year other than Offaly and the League final, I would like to see some changes defensively but not sure the options we have are any better than what is starting, that is why I have gone with the same back 6 and keeper.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 7:33 am

I doubt Callaghan is fit enough to start.

Got caught in attack v Meath and was not able t track back, signalled to a colleague to track for him.

Smiths hardly has the work rate for the outside 2, would have to be in the middle or inside 2
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 1:37 am

Some good points here, nice to see our thoughts switch to the next game. Think we need to do something to make our half back line less porous, is there a more physical no 6 than Morgan we could try? Definitely need to win more primary possession at midfield, surely Kelly deserves a start. And we need to be far more selective and accurate in the ball in to O'Connor, surely Fogarty is also worth a start. Any update on injuries to Flynn and Johnston?
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 3:59 am

There is nothing wrong with Flynn / trained without problem on Thursday night
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 4:22 am

Have to agree with murof, we need a more physical centre back, as good as Morgan O' Flaherty is (his reading of the game is unreal) he doesn't like people running at him. The problem is who do you put there instead???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 5:49 am

Taibi i'd have foley at 6, mcgrillen at 3... either eoin doyle or chalky to come into wing back and ollie lyons back in the corner. play o'flats as a forward but dropping back as a sweeper
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 4:40 am

All very quiet here at the moment, any updates on the team?, is Leper ready to go?
Back to top Go down
Son of Sarsfields
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 5:08 am

If we can get over Cavan next Sunday and avoid Kerry, Tyrone and Galway in the next round, we will probably be in a better position than Meath. I would expect that the Dubs will beat Meath with plenty to spare and then Meath will be back in action the following weekend on and will be there for the taking

Last edited by Son of Sarsfields on Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 9:05 am

If

So leave the if's till next week
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 8:23 pm

Any news from the training on who is playing well, any injuries and what the overall mood is like after the defeat? Hoping we see an angry fired up team taking the pitch with a few new faces such as Doyle and Fogarty. Might be a good thing if Seanie misses out as it would only be an extra incentive for Cavan if he were to play.
Back to top Go down
SamMaguire
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 8:43 pm

Apparently Seanie will be fit and available for selection. Whether he will be involved is another matter though.

Back to top Go down
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 8:44 pm

will be very disappointed if fogarty doesnt get a start.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 9:09 pm

Same as team that played Offaly probably, with Eoin Doyle and Rob Kelly back in.
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 9:19 pm

I think there will be a couple of changes Leper will start who to leave out I think Paudie o Neill has being poor the last two game so leper for him and maybe Fogarty for Kavanagh and probably start Kelly in midfield other than that maybe a few position changes with the other personal. It's going to be tough no doubt but you have to think Kildare will be good enough to beat Cavan.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 9:48 pm

I expect it to be more hostile than tough, and SJ has come this far if he comes on so be it, we cant be worried about what others say or think anymore, we are well past that stage, we may man up and fight through this and f@#k the begrudgers.
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 10:42 pm

Midfield will be interesting because we do not have a top class intercounty midfielder in the county with the exception of Kevin Feely and we cannot expect Dermot Early to play there. Neither have Dublin and that is why it can be overcome but I expect us to crowd midfield on Sunday and fight for every breaking ball. I think that we will win by 4 or 5.

A lot of Kildare folk travelling up so it should be interesting. Expect to see a few hurls and funny banners in the ground.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012
Page 19 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next