Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012

Go down 
+83
cilldara07
Stekhli
lillyboy
kartman
Bān go Lēir
totalgaa
totheline
bob12
Bad News Baba
lilysavage
fargo
wingback
smokey
Son of Sarsfields
Lilly07
Admin3
parcel
trueblue
ElGuerrouj
SamMaguire
lomond
losthope
Dinny Breen
Loads of Pints
shoutitout
Horsebox
peile
topcat
Lily8
Frankel
abl
Highball
FearBan
Botch
Stonecold
rgb
jj
Sam1928
tomoneillandhissisteranne
kelf
Fear An Geata
lastline
KILL BILL
BelieveToAchieve
Flamingo
KFSAM
carburyman
midfieldmaestro
overthebar
analysis
Onhisboot
steviegenius
naked-lilly
hawker
standhimup
johnsmyth
Ohtoohtobe
murof
bag of white
nuxer
Jimmy winning matches
Rex
centreback
Ogie
Come on the Boys in Blue
Could'nt Trap Cement
Big Full Back
bluetown
Taibi
FreshMixer
milltownmary
Oneill
kildaregaa365
TommyKeegan
MD
lilywhites on tour
stanley
kickingking
Athyman
flourman
tomcruise
if_in_doubt
Gaffer
87 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 11:16 pm

tomcruise wrote:
Midfield will be interesting because we do not have a top class intercounty midfielder in the county with the exception of Kevin Feely and we cannot expect Dermot Early to play there. Neither have Dublin and that is why it can be overcome but I expect us to crowd midfield on Sunday and fight for every breaking ball. I think that we will win by 4 or 5.

A lot of Kildare folk travelling up so it should be interesting. Expect to see a few hurls and funny banners in the ground.

flynn is a top class midfielder, hadnt a great day out against meath, feely hasnt played even one game at senior intercounty level and your calling him a topclass intercounty midfielder!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 11:27 pm

TomCruise you haven't a bloody clue.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 12:48 am

Too long in the feckin Scientologists........................
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 1:06 am

Tom is prone to over exaggeration but he is correct in that midfield is the root of a lot of our problems at the moment. Hopefully having Leper back will see an improvement on the breaks but we need to find someone capable of winning a bit more primary possession alongside Flynn. Rob Kelly did alright in that regard against Offaly and I would like to see O'Connor brought in and out at different stages like the way Kerry use Donaghy. Chalky is another that seems to have fallen out of favour.

I don't think midfield suits Paudie and it's hard to know if Hugh Lynch is an option given his lack of match practice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 1:22 am

Anyone seen tweets by a lad called Ian Mallon.

Works for Evening Hearld. Says there is deep unhappiness in the Kildare camp over Seanie Johnston and players are threatening to walk out according to rumours.

Anyone seen this? Just got sent to me in a text there. His name is @ianmallon
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 1:24 am

tomcruise wrote:
Midfield will be interesting because we do not have a top class intercounty midfielder in the county with the exception of Kevin Feely.

In fairness you call lads on their enthusiasm towards the potential of young lads like Fogarty and Dowling, then come out with the statement that Feely is a top class inter-county midfielder / I doubt he has ever been included in a senior inter-county panel, nevermind play an inter-county senior game.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 1:37 am

He has an awful long way to go but there's no doubt he would be on the Kildare panel if it weren't for his soccer commitments.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 1:40 am

Twitter and the Evening Herald Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
KFSAM
Senior
Senior
KFSAM

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 2:05 am

He was tweeting it 3 days ago, Also saw him tweeting Fitzpatrick from the Anglo Celt in relation to it. He's the guys who wrote "that" article. Using hash tags like #lilliesincrisis.

Goes on to say its a rumor building but his source is impeccable.

End of the day he's working for the evening herald, so pile of crap.
Back to top Go down
SamMaguire
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 2:07 am

I saw those comments at the weekend alright. He is a journalist from Clane. He seems fairly sure of his source but none of that has appeared in print as of yet so I’d take it with a pinch of salt to be honest.
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 2:19 am

Not to add fuel to the fire lads, but as i put in another post of mine last week, one or two of the senior squad members were getting tweets and texts with regards to the SJ transfer and the way the saga with coill dubh panned out and made there feelings known to management and fairly harsh words were said.........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 2:24 am

SamMaguire wrote:
I saw those comments at the weekend alright. He is a journalist from Clane. He seems fairly sure of his source but none of that has appeared in print as of yet so I’d take it with a pinch of salt to be honest.

He's a Kildare man too?

Another Kildare man stirring the pot. That's all need now.

We'll end up doing ourselves out of it at this rate.
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 2:35 am

He hasn't posted anything on it in a few days, wonder will it hit the papers at all? Maybe this Friday before the game to get maximum mayhem out of it?

He says that some players are threatening to walk out. I dunno about ye, but I think if anyone was threatening Geezer with a walk out, he wouldn't be doing much to try convince them to stay!! I'd say quite the opposite
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 3:10 am

well he references one of his tweets as "according to senior club sources.." that doesnt fill me with much confidence that he is close to any of the squad members for them to disclose information to him.

Also the fact that he is from Clane, they would prob be the members of the squad he might be close to - i hardly think TOC or Robbie Eyres are threatening to walk out any time soon.

Finally he is also reporting on a "cocaine dealing father and shoplifting mother" how could anybody affiliated to the SJ case fit time in to cover such a scoop aswell???
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 3:12 am

They have an interview with JD today apparently - did they ask him anything about it?
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 3:20 am

well according to what was in the times, he didnt say much

full suuport of his team mates yada yada yada
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 3:43 am

I am not prone to over exaggeration. I am just calling it as I see it. We were taken to the cleaners against Meath at midfield and as for the league game in Galway , we were obliterated at midfield. But Tyrone and Dublin have shown that you can overcome these deficiencies by other means. Some people say that we might never replace JD but I would also add Dermot Earley to that. Personally , I think that Feely is a super talent and would be on the team this year , if available. Just my opinion by the way.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 3:50 am

They didn't. It wouldn't surprise if not everyone was in agreement. But I'd be surprised if anyone is walking out over it. And I'd agree with El Guerrouj, if someone threatened to walk, that would be the same as saying 'I'm walking'. I'd doubt he'd be allowed stay to be honest. His commitment would be diluted. I definitely wouldn't see any attempt to dissuade him to walk out.

Johnny's interview

http://www.herald.ie/sport/gaa/doyle-takes-deep-breff-3165256.html
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 3:53 am

tomcruise wrote:
I am not prone to over exaggeration. I am just calling it as I see it. We were taken to the cleaners against Meath at midfield and as for the league game in Galway , we were obliterated at midfield. But Tyrone and Dublin have shown that you can overcome these deficiencies by other means. Some people say that we might never replace JD but I would also add Dermot Earley to that. Personally , I think that Feely is a super talent and would be on the team this year , if available. Just my opinion by the way.

Kildare have been generally overcoming these deficiencies for the last few years too. Using similar means to Tyrone and Dublin. Dermot as he was a couple of years ago, was probably the best Dermot has EVER been. He has been cruelly treated by the fates over the years. I agree, Feely is a super talent. But his background is all soccer. Hopefully he'll be back in a couple of years. Because the great thing about him is not just his fielding - that alone wouldn't be sufficient. It's his athleticism. He's got the goods I think.
Back to top Go down
smokey
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 6:33 am

Also the fact that he is from Clane, they would prob be the members of the squad he might be close to - i hardly think TOC or Robbie Eyres are threatening to walk out any time soon.

Not living in Clane now though, down in the small parish club in the south. More likely gettin his info in old grange pirat
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 7:52 am

Kevin feely is a super player and IMO the next dermot early, it looks like he may be going to Celtic , if that is the case we have lost him for good. A rare talent lost to soccer.
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 8:16 am

I think it's laughable to make any sort of claim about feeley being a new Dermot Earley. It's crazy to insinuate he could even be a senior intercounty footballer. The chap has won one senior title with Athy, end of story.
To put things in perspective. Dermot Earley was on the county senior team, delivering top notch performances regularly at county minor and U/21.

I don't deny he is a decent player with bags of potential. But he has never even trained with the county seniors, so all these claims are exaggerated in my opinion.

I would love to see some of these young guys from Athy stepping up to the plate and delivering on their promise. As for Feeley, I guess we will never know. Good luck to him at Celtic, hopefully it all works out for him...
Back to top Go down
parcel
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 8:56 am

Great news if he goes to Celtic. Fair fucks to him
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 9:24 am

Another closed training session tonight / obviously worked a treat before the Meath game this year / aswell as Donegal game last year Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 6:33 pm

I don't have a problem with closed training sessions. If the panel and management weren't working their collective b****cks off to correct what went wrong against Meath, then there'd be something else to complain about.
Ever stop to think that maybe they are working on something new & don't want it getting out?!

Good luck to them all. Sunday will bring everything that championship football is about, and some. If closed training seissions helps get us over the line, then so be it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next