Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General Football Discussion

Go down 
+28
ripvanwinkle
Ogie
tomcruise
overthebar
Flamingo
parcel
steviegenius
KING KILDARE
fargo
KILL BILL
lilywhites on tour
peile
murof
flourman
hawker
kildaregaa365
lastline
Taibi
centreback
Loads of Pints
KFSAM
kelf
Ohtoohtobe
kickingking
Big Full Back
Rex
Bān go Lēir
Stonecold
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

General Football Discussion - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Football Discussion   General Football Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 6:46 pm

Doubt there will be a minor game / semi-finals maybe a double header. Considering the measly crowd at Dublin's last game against Louth - a double header is surely the way to go.

The only time the minors play before the seniors at Croker in Leinster is at the final stage.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: General Football Discussion   General Football Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 8:35 pm

I'll tell you what, I'll send the money to Kildare Supporters Club (which I am already a member btw) because that way I know it filters back to the Kildare team.

Semi-final potentially Kildare v Meath hmmmmmmmmmmmmm now that I would pay to see because your guaranteed a game.
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: General Football Discussion   General Football Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 10:43 pm

Stonecold wrote:
I'll tell you what, I'll send the money to Kildare Supporters Club (which I am already a member btw) because that way I know it filters back to the Kildare team.

Semi-final potentially Kildare v Meath hmmmmmmmmmmmmm now that I would pay to see because your guaranteed a game.

the last time we played offaly was some of the nicest football i`ve seen this kildare team play just because the score wasn`t close doesn`t mean it wasn`t entertaining just like the laois games of the past 2 years i found them very entertaining maybe not for the neutral fan but for a kildare fan going to see kildare play like that is what we all want no matter who the opposition is
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General Football Discussion   General Football Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 11:13 am

Agree entirely centreback, watching Kildare in full flight and racking up a big score against our rivals is what I enjoy most, a hard fought ding-dong match is too hard on the nerves. Matches like the Donegal one last year leave me exhausted and traumatised, but the Laois matches were just sheer pleasure
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: General Football Discussion   General Football Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 8:09 pm

Great result for Sligo in Salthill. It looked like Galway read too much into their win over Roscommon and Sligo were well worth their in. Played some lovely football at times.

Clare 1-09 to 0-03 up on Limerick at half time.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: General Football Discussion   General Football Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 9:01 pm

Limerick 0-15 Clare 1-13

Sounded like a cracking game. Niall Browne set up the winning point.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: General Football Discussion   General Football Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 5:17 pm

Peter Harte should be ashamed of himself. Yeah he was getting tightly marked and plenty of attention but nothing dirty. Twice he went down soccer like over nothing, second time got a man sent off, disgraceful!!!
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: General Football Discussion   General Football Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 12:32 pm

How bad are Meath lads. I'm sure Carlow played beyond their usual levels but if that was Kildare any time there would be murder. Realisation if it hadn't already set in for most Meath supporters is that they are just not up to it anymore with their current players.

Watched the Cork v Kerry match, decent enough. Cork look like they could just destroy any team they want but never seem to do it. Caught Brolly giving his views on Kerry. Pretty funny to see him slag off multiple All Ireland winners without a second thought. I have no love for Kerry but some respect is in order I think.
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General Football Discussion   General Football Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 12:43 pm

Rex

I tipped Cork to win Sam in 2012 and I am not changing my mind. I genuinely believe that the only team that can stop them this year is ourselves. I do not see Dublin doing a back to back but I respect them.

What is really worrying for Kerry is that they have no talent coming through and this is going to bite , just as it is in Meath. The Corks , Dublins and Tyrones and even Tipperary are winning underage titles but Kerry and Meath are not and will fall even further behind. It is important for Kildare that our minors take Dublin this year as we did a couple of years ago before the Longford disaster. Underage success is so important for the future.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General Football Discussion   General Football Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 1:42 pm

Meath are awful, they have no mid field at all. Big Joe should have stayed in America.

Brendan Murphy is some player, such a pity a player of his ability will never win a Leinster or AI.

Sligo were very impressive against a piss poor Galway team. Sorry to see Glenn and Longford losing.
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: General Football Discussion   General Football Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 2:03 pm

Stonecold wrote:
Peter Harte should be ashamed of himself. Yeah he was getting tightly marked and plenty of attention but nothing dirty. Twice he went down soccer like over nothing, second time got a man sent off, disgraceful!!!

are ya joking peter harte didnt go down easy for the sending off kevin dyas firstly high tackled him and then held on to him to make sure he couldn`t get away there could be no questions about that sending off
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: General Football Discussion   General Football Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 3:18 pm

centreback wrote:
Stonecold wrote:

are ya joking peter harte didnt go down easy for the sending off kevin dyas firstly high tackled him and then held on to him to make sure he couldn`t get away there could be no questions about that sending off
Here I'll give u the link and the times, first incident 1:04:54 what is he lying fown for? Second incident is at 1:21:08 on the player there is a huge difference between swinging out of a guy and a high tackle (high tackle is usually a clothesline tackle or swinging out of a guy above the shoulders).

http://www.rte.ie/player/#!v=3312896
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: General Football Discussion   General Football Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 3:58 pm

watch the close up replay stonecold he does catch him above the shoulders its a definite high tackle even dyas doesn debate the decision with the ref he knew he had done enough to warrant the second yellow card
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Football Discussion   General Football Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 4:38 pm

Was Listening to the matches on the radio yesterday. In fairness to Carlow they were up for it. Come the 69th minute it was only Cian wards goal that separted them. Commentator spoke to soon said "Meath have done enough to get away with the win" Carlow didnt give in and seconds later the ball was in the net to draw the game. Meath fans apparently going through the turnstils in disbelief and commentators said it was a game that Carlow could/ should of won. They were on top for most. Says it all when Banty gave his reaction after the match " Delighted to come away with the draw". I thought myself meath were going to come through by about 5 or more so full credit to Carlow. They put it up to them and showed good character to get the draw. Dempsey and Rainbow doing good work. Bernard Flynn sounded disgusted and said "I guarantee you kildare wont be drawing Offaly on sunday". Meath need to realise that they cant just walk on the field and expect a win. They probably went in with the mentality that they were entitled to win it. Soley because of the reason they were playing Carlow. Kildare wont be taking anything for granted on sunday. Hard work and a good solid performance is needed. Fair dues to Carlow though
Predicted Cork to win. They look impressive. Taking one game at a time but my hope/ wish/ prediction Wink for this year would be that we hopefully go out and give a good performance on sunday and set a marker. Book our place then in the leinster semis. Fingers crossed then get over the opposition whether it be meath/ carlow in the semis to earn our Leinster final place. More than likely then a meeting with Dublin. I want it to be them! I want us to go out and give it everything. To play to our full potential and give a show stopping performance that we all know kildare are cable of and if we do that who knows! could finally get over the Dublin hurdle and could be bringing the delaney back to the short grass county! Its a long way yet but that would be my wish and would see it as kildares target. That been said I do believe that we are strong contenders.
If we were to do it and lift Leinster. Id be a happy lilly but I do believe that a Leinster final win would galavise us.
Already a few shocks in this years championship similar to 2010 and would be great to see a novelty pairing in september.
I cant wait the journey finally starts on sunday!
Up the lillywhites! cheers
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: General Football Discussion   General Football Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 4:10 pm

centreback wrote:
Stonecold wrote:

Watched it again today and Dyas got himself sent of. Dragged down for the first yellow and went in around Harte's neck and then grabbed his jersey. Only himself to blame....

Was a great match again to watch. Some great points by Jamie Clarke. They'll be a tough team in the qualifiers.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: General Football Discussion   General Football Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 10:20 am

I'm not saying whether it was or wasn't a sending off offence, I'm saying Peter Harte's play acting/diving for both incidents is not in the spirit of the game and its shameful. O'Mahony from Kerry did a similar dive a few years ago and was laughed at.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General Football Discussion   General Football Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 10:25 am

Ah come on Cold / O'Mahony's dive a few years ago was laughed at as there was clearly no contact made. There was clearly contact made with Harte even though he may have made more of it than he should have.
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: General Football Discussion   General Football Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 5:10 pm

Stonecold wrote:

this post stonecold would lead anyone to believe your saying peter hartes diving lead to a man being sent off which couldnt be further from the truth
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: General Football Discussion   General Football Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 5:58 pm

centreback wrote:
Stonecold wrote:

this post stonecold would lead anyone to believe your saying peter hartes diving lead to a man being sent off which couldnt be further from the truth

And you know that because?? Your opinion is he wasn't acting, I say he was, its a forum get over it.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: General Football Discussion   General Football Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 12:06 pm

Qualifier draw:

Laois v Carlow
Louth v Westmeath
Roscommon v Armagh
Fermanagh v Cavan
Tipperary v Offaly
Londain v Antrim
Wicklow v Waterford
Longford v Derry

Draw hidden away on Monday morning and you wouldn't think it would be possible to get many more local derbies. Hmmmmmm.
Back to top Go down
standhimup
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: General Football Discussion   General Football Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 12:09 pm

I was over at the Meath match Saturday evening and wouldn't read too much into the result. Similar to Offaly, Carlow were very poor. Meath adopted a lot of direct running through the middle with Reilly and Byrne causing havoc. Kildare will have to be aware of this and put a mobile midfielder on Reilly. I hope lessons were learned from Navan in the league when Kildare were well on top but two direct runs down the middle led to two Meath goals. Meade plays half forward with most kick outs directed at him. They try and match him up against a smaller half back. Brian farrell had a good game but I don't think he is capable of winning his own ball against quality backs. There's no doubting his ability to kick a score from all angles. Kildare most definitely have the beating Meath but they will have to be at their best to do so.
Back to top Go down
lastline
Intercounty
Intercounty
lastline

PostSubject: Re: General Football Discussion   General Football Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 12:13 pm

kickingking wrote:
Qualifier draw:

Laois v Carlow
Louth v Westmeath
Roscommon v Armagh
Fermanagh v Cavan
Tipperary v Offaly
Londain v Antrim
Wicklow v Waterford
Longford v Derry

Draw hidden away on Monday morning and you wouldn't think it would be possible to get many more local derbies. Hmmmmmm.

could be onto something kk. few more quid generated from gate reciepts. doubt anyone from wareford would head to derry for example if that was drawn. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General Football Discussion   General Football Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 5:06 pm

standhimup wrote:
I was over at the Meath match Saturday evening and wouldn't read too much into the result. Similar to Offaly, Carlow were very poor. Meath adopted a lot of direct running through the middle with Reilly and Byrne causing havoc. Kildare will have to be aware of this and put a mobile midfielder on Reilly. I hope lessons were learned from Navan in the league when Kildare were well on top but two direct runs down the middle led to two Meath goals. Meade plays half forward with most kick outs directed at him. They try and match him up against a smaller half back. Brian farrell had a good game but I don't think he is capable of winning his own ball against quality backs. There's no doubting his ability to kick a score from all angles. Kildare most definitely have the beating Meath but they will have to be at their best to do so.

I don't think they will have to be at their best to beat Meath. If they have to be at their best to beat Meath, they have no chance against Dublin, Cork, Kerry or Donegal. But as I said, I don't think they will need to be. I think if they are approaching their best against Meath, they'll win by 6-10 points.
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: General Football Discussion   General Football Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 4:21 pm

Stonecold wrote:
centreback wrote:
Stonecold wrote:

And you know that because?? Your opinion is he wasn't acting, I say he was, its a forum get over it.

yea it is a forum and i can question your opinion on it. i still cant believe you think his acting had anything to do with the sending off, even after the initial high tackle harte still trys to wriggle free but is pulled back if he was acting wouldnt he hit the ground like his head was taken off from the high tackle
Back to top Go down
Bigfullforward
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: General Football Discussion   General Football Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 12:16 pm

lastline wrote:
kickingking wrote:
Qualifier draw:

Laois v Carlow
Louth v Westmeath
Roscommon v Armagh
Fermanagh v Cavan
Tipperary v Offaly
Londain v Antrim
Wicklow v Waterford
Longford v Derry

could be onto something kk. few more quid generated from gate reciepts. doubt anyone from wareford would head to derry for example if that was drawn. Shocked

It was on TV. I saw it on RTE News. Draw was same as any other year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Football Discussion   General Football Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Football Discussion
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next