Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare Clubs in Leinster

Go down 
+34
Oneill
Ohtoohtobe
shortgrass
KFSAM
Lily8
Big Full Back
Highball
kickingking
bk 1
rockman83
Onhisboot
lilywhites on tour
Come on the Boys in Blue
TommyKeegan
walsheman
wingback
penexpers
Fear An Geata
lastline
BarrowSideBlue
Botch
tomcruise
topcat
kelf
Taibi
Athyman
the young lad
SeamusMurphy
BelieveToAchieve
Bad News Baba
Dido
if_in_doubt
Jimmy winning matches
TheManInTheStands
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
the young lad
Senior
Senior

Kildare Clubs in Leinster - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Clubs in Leinster   Kildare Clubs in Leinster - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 4:58 am

a gud win 4 monasterevin,,,, sarsfields will hav a tough game,,, b gud 2 hav 2 kildare teams in finals
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Clubs in Leinster   Kildare Clubs in Leinster - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 3:28 am

The bookmakers don't rate Sarsfields chances on Sunday. Ballymun look very strong on paper but 11/4 about the Sash looks a bit big especially with the game in Newbridge.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Clubs in Leinster   Kildare Clubs in Leinster - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 5:35 am

The Books will get a few takers for that price !!
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Clubs in Leinster   Kildare Clubs in Leinster - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 5:39 am

4/1 on Sarsfields to win Leinster is a decent price too... Only two games (granted two tough games) but 4/1 is a reasonable price.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Clubs in Leinster   Kildare Clubs in Leinster - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 9:06 am

7/1 with Paddy Power if you fancy Sash to win the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
the young lad
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Clubs in Leinster   Kildare Clubs in Leinster - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 9:21 am

intermediate final. o'connells evens
monasterevin evens
draw 13/2
i was talking to a man that was at o'connells s/final sunday and he said that monasterevin is by far the better team and would beat o'connells, so my money is goin on monasterevin, 200 at evens, 400 back,, happy days
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Clubs in Leinster   Kildare Clubs in Leinster - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 9:54 am

the young lad wrote:
intermediate final. o'connells evens
monasterevin evens
draw 13/2
i was talking to a man that was at o'connells s/final sunday and he said that monasterevin is by far the better team and would beat o'connells, so my money is goin on monasterevin, 200 at evens, 400 back,, happy days

Good to see "the young lad" is good at Maths in school.... Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Clubs in Leinster   Kildare Clubs in Leinster - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 11:33 pm

Very harsh on Monasterevin having to play the Final in Drogheda. Would have thought it would have been a neutral Venue?.
Brave bet there young Lad, 200 on Monasterevin. Think Ill leave that one and have ny tenner on the Sash on Sunday.
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Clubs in Leinster   Kildare Clubs in Leinster - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 11:37 pm

The Dublin champions are always favourites to beat the Kildare champions but 11/4 on Sarsfields is a bit insulting to the Sash as in reality these prices indicate that the bookies do not give the Sash a prayer. I will watch this game with iinterest Smile
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Clubs in Leinster   Kildare Clubs in Leinster - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 4:22 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Very harsh on Monasterevin having to play the Final in Drogheda. Would have thought it would have been a neutral Venue?.
Brave bet there young Lad, 200 on Monasterevin. Think Ill leave that one and have ny tenner on the Sash on Sunday.

The Intermediate and junior has always been played at a home venue. Wasn't Ballymore's final called off one Sun. when the Meath team wouldn't travel to Kildare due to snow or a piece of mud on the road or something like that!!!!
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Clubs in Leinster   Kildare Clubs in Leinster - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 5:05 am

The Intermediate final is always played home or away. Yea Ballymore played the final against Nobber in Ballymore though it had to be postponed a few weeks because Nobber refused to travel when there was snow.

Best of luck to Monasterevan in the final! It'd be great to see another Kildare team win it.

Back to top Go down
BarrowSideBlue
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Clubs in Leinster   Kildare Clubs in Leinster - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 6:32 am

Best of luck to to he Sash at the weekend , be great to see another kildare team reach the final this year. As for the final being in Louth, winning a leinster would be a great achievement, beating them in their own county grounds would make it all the sweeter
Back to top Go down
bk 1
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Clubs in Leinster   Kildare Clubs in Leinster - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 7:10 am

barrowsideblue i think you have this 1 in the bag. get on it in the bookies at even money. uv heard it hear 1st santa santa santa
Back to top Go down
KFSAM
Senior
Senior
KFSAM

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Clubs in Leinster   Kildare Clubs in Leinster - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 9:13 am

I saw Sarsfields the last day out and to be perfectly blunt i thought they were awful. I'd expect Ballymun to beat them by at least 5 points.
Back to top Go down
wingback
Senior
Senior

Location : Two Mile House and Poulaphouca, Blacktrench, Cutbush and Boolea

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Clubs in Leinster   Kildare Clubs in Leinster - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 10:18 am

KFSAM wrote:
I saw Sarsfields the last day out and to be perfectly blunt i thought they were awful. I'd expect Ballymun to beat them by at least 5 points.

to be perfectly blunt I doubt too many in the sash camp care what you think. They won a game playing badly which is the sign of a good team.
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Clubs in Leinster   Kildare Clubs in Leinster - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 8:57 pm

Good luck to Sarsfields on Sunday. Everybody else, lock your back doors.
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Clubs in Leinster   Kildare Clubs in Leinster - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 9:15 am

Best of luck to both teams

Up the MUN

and lock yer windows too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Clubs in Leinster   Kildare Clubs in Leinster - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 9:26 am

Shotguns at the ready! Best of luck to Sarsfields, do us all proud in Kildare!
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Clubs in Leinster   Kildare Clubs in Leinster - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 9:32 pm

Come on the sash (Jesus I thought I would never hear myself saying that) Smile
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Clubs in Leinster   Kildare Clubs in Leinster - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 10:53 pm

lilywhites on tour wrote:
Shotguns at the ready! Best of luck to Sarsfields, do us all proud in Kildare!

What the shotgun for " killing little protestants " Very Happy
you sound like sergeant Boyle

Last edited by vodafone2012 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rockman83
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Clubs in Leinster   Kildare Clubs in Leinster - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 2:27 am

Ballymun 1-08 Sarsfields 0-05

Sarsfields had their chances but some poor wides. Still a great year for the club.
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Clubs in Leinster   Kildare Clubs in Leinster - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 3:48 am

Hard luck to the sash , it could have went any way with 15 mins to go ,the goal sealed the win for ballymun for the last 10 or so minutes , dirty day for football , the sash can hold there heads high held ballymun for 30 mins without a score , some bad misses on another day they would likely go over
Back to top Go down
Dido
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Clubs in Leinster   Kildare Clubs in Leinster - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 5:43 am

At the game today it was a terrible day for a game but that didnt make excuses for some of the pts missed by sarsfields today.They got found out today in alot of areas that they got away with in the kildare championship.The better team won on the day. I taught the management made a strange call in taking off there captain Brennan and he wasn't to pleased either.They were at nothing when smith got injured and had to be taken off. Anyone know how he is.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Clubs in Leinster   Kildare Clubs in Leinster - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 6:53 am

The Sash had more than enough possession to win that match. Ballymun took their chances, Sarsfields didn't. It's a disappointing way to end the year for them but they're still a quite a young team and hopefully they will learn from the experience.
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Clubs in Leinster   Kildare Clubs in Leinster - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 7:20 am

Were you at the same game there today King?? Sash had more than enough to win that match. They will be kicking themselves this evening, left it behind big time. The wide count must have been 15 wides to sash 5 to ballymun. Conditions were atrocious. The score line flattered ballymun big time and if they had been beaten they would have had no complaints either..

Good to see both teams trying to play football, a good clean game given the downpour, The goal was an absolute sickener, against run of play. Sash were within a point at that stage.That knocked the stuffing out of them. Last three points were in injury time so score line doesnt reflect the closeness of the game.

Conor Tiernan on the wing, Matty Byrne in the middle and Conor Duffy in the corner were best for sash in my view. They will learn from that. Its such a tough competition to win. Ballymun took their scores at crucial stages and will need to be better than today to beat portlaoise in my opinion. Hard luck sarsfields.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Clubs in Leinster   Kildare Clubs in Leinster - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare Clubs in Leinster
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next