Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Arguing about former , current and future managers thread

Go down 
+46
naked-lilly
lomond
learmus
Dido
lilywhites on tour
White Bridge
reichenhall
Gaa1928
Frankel
Westside
Ahlethimout
Kildare98
jobluts
jj
kickingking
Onhisboot
bob12
micky murphy
overthebar
rgb
KILL BILL
jimmers
Ohtoohtobe
losthope
Ogie
Rex
Stonecold
Caprea
Sam1928
kildaregaa365
LillieLad
johnsmyth
murof
SeamusMurphy
Flamingo
if_in_doubt
Bad News Baba
jim
Taibi
TommyKeegan
lineball
hawker
Jimmy winning matches
lillyboy
topcat
The observer
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage

Arguing about former , current and future  managers thread - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arguing about former , current and future managers thread   Arguing about former , current and future  managers thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 6:11 pm

At this stage I wouldn't believe a word out of David Brent's mouth.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Arguing about former , current and future managers thread   Arguing about former , current and future  managers thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 7:38 pm

lomond wrote:
I have not seen any of the moorefield games this yr but is either of the O'Connor brothers up to the required standard for inter-county if they decided to join us?

Enna, corner forward, looks like a serious player.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Arguing about former , current and future managers thread   Arguing about former , current and future  managers thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 8:01 pm

Jayson Rhine wrote:
At this stage I wouldn't believe a word out of David Brent's mouth.

I'm having to guess here, but is David Brent Jason Ryan? And if that is who you mean, are you saying he's lying and Daryl Flynn has left the panel? If it's not who mean, disregard question and I haven't a clue who you're talking about...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arguing about former , current and future managers thread   Arguing about former , current and future  managers thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 8:27 pm

He Prob wasn't at training Tuesday becuase of the Moores reply and some keyboard warrior put 2 and 2 together and got 76.4034
Back to top Go down
Westside
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Arguing about former , current and future managers thread   Arguing about former , current and future  managers thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 10:20 pm

I heard Tipperary beat us in a challenge last night
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Arguing about former , current and future managers thread   Arguing about former , current and future  managers thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 10:48 pm

Darryl is 100% still part of the panel. Not good getting beat by Tipp 3 weeks before first round!!
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Arguing about former , current and future managers thread   Arguing about former , current and future  managers thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 11:10 pm

Watching the 6pm News Yeaterday Evening (Sports section), there was a brief comment from some Managers and Players about up coming Games etc.. and when it came to JR, all He could say was " the huge advantage Westmeath / Louth would have having already Played a Match" ... Maybe He should have abstained completely, rather than be so negative.
Back to top Go down
Westside
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Arguing about former , current and future managers thread   Arguing about former , current and future  managers thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 11:13 pm

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Watching the 6pm News Yeaterday Evening (Sports section), there was a brief comment from some Managers and Players about up coming Games etc.. and when it came to JR, all He could say was " the huge advantage Westmeath / Louth would have having already Played a Match" ... Maybe He should have abstained completely, rather than be so negative.

I hope thats not preparing excuses to go with 'we're in transition'.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Arguing about former , current and future managers thread   Arguing about former , current and future  managers thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 11:32 pm

Read somewhere they lost a challenge against Tipp this week. Conceded something like 3-12 and scored 1-14 there or there about. I might just get in the concerned bus and take a ride.
Back to top Go down
Westside
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Arguing about former , current and future managers thread   Arguing about former , current and future  managers thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 11:38 pm

You might have read that 5 posts ago Rex
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Arguing about former , current and future managers thread   Arguing about former , current and future  managers thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 11:42 pm

I hope this is not the norm with this Guy, or imagine how the Players will be feeling ??.
Wouldnt be over optimistic if He is being so negative already.

I see the betting for Leinster now is, Dublin 1/7, Meath 9/1, Kildare 14/1..
Maybe JR is playing mind Games with us all, so our Odds will lengthen, and we will all make a fortune  Question 
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Arguing about former , current and future managers thread   Arguing about former , current and future  managers thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 11:53 pm

Westside wrote:
You might have read that 5 posts ago Rex

Sorry missed that somehow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arguing about former , current and future managers thread   Arguing about former , current and future  managers thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 12:40 am

Tipp bet the Kildare Juniors in a challenge in Thurles last night. Not Senior.
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: Arguing about former , current and future managers thread   Arguing about former , current and future  managers thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 12:47 am

Jayson Rhine wrote:

*quenches torch, puts away pitchfork and removes pins from voodoo doll.

Its usually around this time of year or so that we lose lads due to army commitments, anybody know if this could be something to do with the rumours of players leaving the panel?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arguing about former , current and future managers thread   Arguing about former , current and future  managers thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 1:34 am

Rumours of players leaving the panel seem to be stirred up by idle typists on forums like this it appears!
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Arguing about former , current and future managers thread   Arguing about former , current and future  managers thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 3:51 am

I have never heard another manager, ever, point to the advantage the opponents will have in having had a game. Never. Ever.
Back to top Go down
naked-lilly
Senior
Senior
naked-lilly

PostSubject: Re: Arguing about former , current and future managers thread   Arguing about former , current and future  managers thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 4:14 am

Both senior and junior played tipp both lost and we were almost full strength and understandably they were quite unhappy with the outcome. wheres that panic button?
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Arguing about former , current and future managers thread   Arguing about former , current and future  managers thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 5:00 am

Jayson Rhine wrote:

naked-lilly wrote:
Both senior and junior played tipp both lost and we were almost full strength and understandably they were quite unhappy with the outcome. wheres that panic button?

One minute you're up, the next you're right back down again.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Arguing about former , current and future managers thread   Arguing about former , current and future  managers thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 5:05 am

tipp 3 -12 kildare 1 -14 from tipperay gaa twitter
Back to top Go down
tomoneillandhissisteranne
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Arguing about former , current and future managers thread   Arguing about former , current and future  managers thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 6:27 am

Ogie wrote:
I have never heard another manager, ever, point to the advantage the opponents will have in having had a game. Never. Ever.
You're absolutely right Ogie - Micko, for one, never, ever, ever talked up the opposition......ever!
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Arguing about former , current and future managers thread   Arguing about former , current and future  managers thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 8:12 am

Jesus bad aul loss loosing to Tipp in a challenge match, such an incredibly stupid decision too let McGeeney go now, just hope to god we can improve for the championship. Not being disrespectful too Westmeath or Louth but we should be beating them with ease and we should not be giving them confidence by saying they have the advantage and shit like that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arguing about former , current and future managers thread   Arguing about former , current and future  managers thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 9:33 am

jw1888 wrote:
Jesus bad aul loss loosing to Tipp in a challenge match, such an incredibly stupid decision too let McGeeney go now, just hope to god we can improve for the championship. Not being disrespectful too Westmeath or Louth but we should be beating them with ease and we should not be giving them confidence by saying they have the advantage and shit like that.

On what basis should we be beating Westmeath or Louth at ease?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arguing about former , current and future managers thread   Arguing about former , current and future  managers thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 9:37 am

I'm going to stick my neck on the line here. I reckon Louth will beat Westmeath.

If they do I think they have a fantastic chance of turning us over, we might just (but I don't believe we will) get over the line but Meath will dispose of us by 5/6 points.

We'll exit in the qualifiers at the first hurdle as long as long as we avoid Leitrim and Carlow.

Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Arguing about former , current and future managers thread   Arguing about former , current and future  managers thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 10:38 am

Jayson Rhine wrote:
jw1888 wrote:

On what basis should we be beating Westmeath or Louth at ease?
Tbh I think we have a decent team, Ill go through them if you want, and we should be beating these teams with ease and I think with a proper manager we would be, Connolly is a good keeper, brilliant shot stopper, kickouts can be dodgy at times though. Fullback line of Ollie, Peter kelly and Mick O'Grady/Hugh Mcgrillen if form improves) then halfback line of Hylo Chalky and Bolton then midfield of Tommy and Paudi/Hurley. Halfforward line of Cribben, Kelly, Leper (if fit) Full forward line of Paddy, Tomas and Mulhall. Its a good team. Then we have the likes of Foley, Daryl Flynn, Smith, Eoin Doyle, Cribben to come in. With a capable manager that team should do well enough.
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Arguing about former , current and future managers thread   Arguing about former , current and future  managers thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 11:04 am

Jayson Rhine wrote:
I'm going to stick my neck on the line here. I reckon Louth will beat Westmeath.

If they do I think they have a fantastic chance of turning us over, we might just (but I don't believe we will) get over the line but Meath will dispose of us by 5/6 points.

We'll exit in the qualifiers at the first hurdle as long as long as we avoid Leitrim and Carlow.

Not much worse than last year so
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arguing about former , current and future managers thread   Arguing about former , current and future  managers thread - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arguing about former , current and future managers thread
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next