Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Monaghan result

Go down 
+28
armagh4sam
Sam1928
stanley
jnrwhite
tomcruise
shortgrass
browser
abl
Rex
gaaweb
carburyman
Jimmy winning matches
Admin3
bob12
Always_White
realfone
Stonecold
bloodsub
Ogie
kildarecat
Derfil
MD
Dinny Breen
Horsebox
Yellow Pearl
Lily8
FearBan
lilly-exile
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
bob12
All-Star
All-Star
bob12

Monaghan result - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monaghan result   Monaghan result - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 2:22 pm

agree always white jonny D covered evry blade of grass yesterday and keep him on he can score at any time
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Monaghan result   Monaghan result - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 4:20 pm

You can't say - how much would we have won by if roli and fla had started we'd have whipped Monaghan's ass - Roli started the last day and was taken off having done little. That's what subs benches are for.
Back to top Go down
FearBan
Intercounty
Intercounty
FearBan

PostSubject: Re: Monaghan result   Monaghan result - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 4:50 pm

Can't agree wit taking Johnny off, not only did if get through mountains of work and covered every blade of grass, but he is also the leader of a team of lads that idolise him. He's central to everything Kildare do in the forwards.

To take him off yesterday would have dented everyones confidence and for what? To prove we're more than a one man scoring machine??? Nope, leave him on, name one lad in Ireland that you'd like to see take his place...
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: Monaghan result   Monaghan result - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 6:19 pm

Fuck me I'm just giving an opinion, so you cover every blade of grass? and that makes you untouchable, well I give up?
Johnny was awful end of! should have been substituted end of!

But it seems if you're Johnny Doyle you can play like the local farmer in rubber boots? but shock of horrors take Johnny off???
Back to top Go down
FearBan
Intercounty
Intercounty
FearBan

PostSubject: Re: Monaghan result   Monaghan result - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 6:56 pm

Don't take it so much to heart KC were only giving our opinions, save your energy for Meath!
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: Monaghan result   Monaghan result - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 7:09 pm

Marcus, I just find it increible that Johnny Doyle played like a whore who just had 10 customers and yet no one, and I mean no one can see anything wrong?, i'm not taking it to heart I'm been pretty fucking sensible here, if someone else was as profilgate as Johnny off with his head??/
Back to top Go down
bloodsub
Intercounty
Intercounty
bloodsub

PostSubject: Re: Monaghan result   Monaghan result - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 7:17 pm

I just happen to think the manager got his substitutions bang on yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Admin3
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Monaghan result   Monaghan result - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 7:40 pm

KC keep an eye on the language.
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: Monaghan result   Monaghan result - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 7:49 pm

Admin3 wrote:

oops admin,

When you're brought up in a working class estate in Newbridge F is almost homely?
Back to top Go down
Admin3
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Monaghan result   Monaghan result - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 7:52 pm

No harm done, we all use it I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Monaghan result   Monaghan result - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 7:56 pm

kildarecat wrote:
Admin3 wrote:

oops admin,

When you're brought up in a working class estate in Newbridge F is almost homely?
so u are from dara park then
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: Monaghan result   Monaghan result - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 7:57 pm

As you know admin nothing spiteful just instinct!
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: Monaghan result   Monaghan result - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 8:01 pm

No fone we use to kick Dara Parks ass!..?

See the man in my picture he played for us?
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: Monaghan result   Monaghan result - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 8:11 pm

Wll done the lads yesterday,were now are all the lads that wanted the management team gone after louth game.
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: Monaghan result   Monaghan result - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 8:14 pm

carburyman wrote:
Wll done the lads yesterday,were now are all the lads that wanted the management team gone after louth game.

They were entitled?/?
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

PostSubject: Re: Monaghan result   Monaghan result - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 8:19 pm

I wouldn't have taken Johnny off but if he misses the first few frees the next day we have to let someone else take them quicker. we cant afford to have that many wides again at this stage of the all ireland
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Monaghan result   Monaghan result - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 8:28 pm

Lads I really cannot believe what i'm readin on here.
JD has on many an occassion dragged Kildare from the brink of defeat, to a victory.
From the brink of a humliating defeat to a respectable scoreline.
He puts his body on the line and is the hardest working player i have ever seen.
He is the most dedicated of footballers also.
He had a poor day kicking the ball, from Open play he tackled hard, won breaking ball and was involved in setting up the goal that pushed us on to victory.
He is our captain, and shows everytime he goes out on the pitch what it means to pull on the Kildare jersey, even in the bad days of the mid 2000's.

To suggest he should have been hauled off is ludacris and is trollinf for a reaction.

Back to top Go down
gaaweb
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Monaghan result   Monaghan result - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 8:33 pm

Lads am I missing something here.
Did we not win the game yesterday and so should be congratulating the team to a man and looking forward to the next encounter with Meath.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Monaghan result   Monaghan result - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 8:37 pm

i agree gaaweb, in my opinion its just a reason to get at the management as they've no other avenue to follow at the moment.
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: Monaghan result   Monaghan result - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 8:39 pm

Back to top Go down
Dinny Breen
Senior
Senior
Dinny Breen

PostSubject: Re: Monaghan result   Monaghan result - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 8:45 pm

In fairness if JD wasn't our captain am I pretty sure he would have been hauled off and deservely so, there is no place for sentiment in McGeeneys Kildare. But he is our Captain and leader, we have a fairly young squad so his leadership is very much required right to the end, the decision was made to withdraw Dermot so with one leader already gone McGeeney was not going to withdraw another.

Shows how much we have progressed that we can have this discussion after a winning a place in the All-Ireland quarters.

Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: Monaghan result   Monaghan result - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 8:50 pm

Well said Fionn.Just on the match yesterday.2 lads behind me supporting kildare for many years.
20 Mins gone they shouting to take jd off,Gezzer should go,why did they make so much subs near the end etc.
What a load of Sh..t.These people know notting about football.
Finale whistle stewards called,just needed to put them in there place,
Why are so many people that go to support kildare are like this.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Monaghan result   Monaghan result - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 8:53 pm

I thought we were outstanding in the second half (again). Before Monaghan scored their dodgy goal (clear square ball) we missed four sitters to take us 13 points clear.

In fact if J.D had kicked a few this game would have been a horrendous result for Monaghan something I don't think Grimley deserved.

I listened to his interview on FM and he comes across as a very genuine man who has great affinity with the Kildare camp. It was interesting to hear him say that he basically knew the game was up when we went in at the break a point up.

I thought all the players giving him a hug before he went off the pitch was a nice gesture. J.D made a be line towards him.

Flats the younger made a huge difference when he came on. His movement and passing completely bamboozled Monaghan and it was no coincidence that for the second week in a row when he was brought on our forwards suddenly came to life. Serious talent the boy has.

Leper and Flynn were again both brilliant, Smith showed why he is a good as the come, the ball stuck to him all day.

Jimmers what can you say, a majestic performance. When he is on his game there is not a better forward in the Country. Brilliant.

All the backs played superb, Peter Kelly where have you been. Amazing find.

A big well done to all the lads who were provoked at nearly every turn but Monaghan and refused to react, although I liked Roli giving the Goalie a bit of verbals. He must have enjoyed that.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Monaghan result   Monaghan result - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 8:56 pm

Carbury man i think i was sitting beside you!!!
Back to top Go down
abl
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Monaghan result   Monaghan result - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 9:53 pm

Good second half performance.We would be a real danger to the big 3 if we could sort out our first half performances.Kills me to say it but i think Pat Spillane made some good comments about us yesterday.Geezer has unearthed a real gem in Peter Kelly the chap just never gives up and puts so much pressure on his man.Just on the JD subject watched the match again he did have a hand in the goal but on a couple of occasions Eoin o Flaherty bursted by him when he should have laid it off but he decided to hold on to it and ended up loosing possession.Its just a pain in the hole that nearly every other player when they have had an off day and taken off people have no problem coming on here and looking for them to be dropped but when its JD that has an off day its blasplemy to say that he should have been subbed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monaghan result   Monaghan result - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monaghan result
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next