Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Monaghan result

Go down 
+28
armagh4sam
Sam1928
stanley
jnrwhite
tomcruise
shortgrass
browser
abl
Rex
gaaweb
carburyman
Jimmy winning matches
Admin3
bob12
Always_White
realfone
Stonecold
bloodsub
Ogie
kildarecat
Derfil
MD
Dinny Breen
Horsebox
Yellow Pearl
Lily8
FearBan
lilly-exile
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
armagh4sam
Senior
Senior

Monaghan result - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monaghan result   Monaghan result - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 3:43 am

Tried to find the statsbox on the Irish News site, but it appears to be a paid site now, so i'm just typing a few random ones here.

Monaghan kickouts
Breaks won - Monaghan 8, Kildare 13
Clean catches - Monaghan 10, Kildare 0

Kildare kickouts
Breaks won - Monaghan 6, Kildare 14
Clean catches - Monaghan 1, Kildare 1

Clean catches (i'll only do Kildare ones for some here)
1 - E. Callaghan

Breaks won - J. Doyle 5, R. Sweeney 4 and three each for Flanagan PM O'Flaherty and D Lynn

Kildare
40 attacks - 33 shots - 16 scores. 16 wides, 2 dropped short.

How the ball was won to produce a score - Kildare - 56% kickouts (ahh the joys of break ball!) and 44% counter attacks (ahhh the joys of turnover)

Kildare -(Mon in brackets)
Players dispossed 1 (3)
50/50 lost - 3 (6)
poor kick 8 (11)
Poor hand pass 0 (1)
Short shots/post/save 1 - should be two I think (3)
Fouled ball - 5 (3)

Total frees conceded 27 (17)
Scoreable frees conceded 4 (7) - Armagh influence working overtime there - scoring zones!
Points conceded from frees 2 (3)

Players winning scorable fres - J Cavanagh 2 . Bolton, Earley, Smith, Donnelly, Callagh all with one.

Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Monaghan result   Monaghan result - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 3:52 am

Very interesting stuff A4S. I'll have to read through it a couple of times to sort it out inmy head.

thanks for posting that.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Monaghan result   Monaghan result - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 3:59 am

Look, that's what I was saying - free-taking is one part of his job, but being a dog out the field is another and I said it here earlier (I'm not going to say "I'm not going to say I told you so but..."!), every player goes out there knowing what his job is. Johnny won oceans of ball, including a dirty one for the goal, and his kick passing was sweet. His free-taking was off and he took a wrong option twice in my memory, but he was doing his primary job. And cleverly, they gave him back the handy one in front of goal. You can watch a modern game and think a fella is playing poorly, but the manager might think he was the best man on the field if he was doing his job.

This is not a case of defending a sacred cow but that's how it was perceived. I'm glad some facts have emerged to back the argument
Back to top Go down
armagh4sam
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Monaghan result   Monaghan result - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 4:03 am

When you had the game wrapped up in Derry, JD was still back tackling like a trojan in the fb line.

A bad day in front of the posts, it seemed to encourage the other players to take the responsibilty on themselves.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Monaghan result   Monaghan result - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 4:06 am

I see we got hit on the fouls again, 27 to 17. All year we have been on the wrong end of that stat.

40 attacks and 33 efforts. That is a very good percentage of getting a effort on goal. It shows we don't get dispossed to often when the ball is in the attacking areas.

Interesting we had no clean catches of the Monaghan kick out and only one on our own. Obviously clean catching is not being encouraged.

On the 50/50 Monaghan lost twice as many as us. maybe they were not putting themselves to the pin of their collars.
Back to top Go down
armagh4sam
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Monaghan result   Monaghan result - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 4:14 am

JME wrote:
I see we got hit on the fouls again, 27 to 17. All year we have been on the wrong end of that stat.

What i'd take from that, however, is the fact that despite commiting 10 more fouls, you conceded three less in scoreable positions, crucial.

It was a tactic, and a bloody good one, Armagh used circa 02-05. Foul outside the danger zones. The fact that only four fouls were conceded in scoring zones would suggest that tackling, positioning and anticpation is increasingly improving.

The sadistic side of me would take pleasure in conceding 27 but only four in the 'danger zone', if I was a Lilywhite.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Monaghan result   Monaghan result - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 6:16 am

Nicely dissected A4S, when you look at it from that view point it has a different shade to it.
Back to top Go down
abl
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Monaghan result   Monaghan result - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 6:33 am

Spoke to one of the players and he said that the amount of shit they had to listen to from monaghan players was unreal and the biggest culprit was little fat ronan rat woods.Just on the stats 2 of them fouls that we committed in the danger zone were in the last couple of minutes when we had the chance to stop monaghan in there own half and regroup but we let them bulid up a head of steam to run at us and cause over laps.Thats just the little bit of cynical play that we lack that the kerrys and tyrones have that win the big games.No doubt Geezer spotted same and will let the lads know about it
Back to top Go down
Derfil
Senior
Senior
Derfil

PostSubject: Re: Monaghan result   Monaghan result - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 8:12 am

Total frees conceded 27 (17)

I'd say thats an idication that we wanted it more than them.
Back to top Go down
Always_White
Intermediate
Intermediate
Always_White

PostSubject: Re: Monaghan result   Monaghan result - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 9:03 am

Thanks for that info Armagh4sam, it just proves my point how idiotic the call for JD to be substituted was.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Monaghan result   Monaghan result - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 6:58 pm

Well Armagh4sam, as a neutral on the side of Kildare (?) how do you see this one going?
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: Monaghan result   Monaghan result - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 7:26 pm

armagh4sam wrote:
As comfotable a four-point victory you have probably ever had, why take JD off and give his confidence a blow? Was looking at the stats box today, you absolutely trounced Monaghan in the break ball count – guess who was your chief winner of break ball?

But its ok to take off anybody else and it won't affect their confidence?, I think its fair to say most of these players are mature enough to understand that if you're not playing well there is a good chance you'll be substituted.

Thanks for those stats armagh4sam, so Johnny won 5 breaks but the most interesting stat to me was Sweeney won 4 breaks and contributed 1-1 in a very short period of time after coming on as a sub.

As for those fans who were slagging off a few players, I think it safe to say they're everywhere, go to club games and you hear them too, but its safe to say also they're a tiny minority who just can't help themselves.
But there is a big difference between those supporters and a person who gives an honest and valid opinion as regards a players performance, and low and behold you're been called idiotic, I despair sometimes!.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Monaghan result   Monaghan result - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 7:50 pm

kildarecat wrote:
armagh4sam wrote:
As comfotable a four-point victory you have probably ever had, why take JD off and give his confidence a blow? Was looking at the stats box today, you absolutely trounced Monaghan in the break ball count – guess who was your chief winner of break ball?

But its ok to take off anybody else and it won't affect their confidence?, I think its fair to say most of these players are mature enough to understand that if you're not playing well there is a good chance you'll be substituted.

Thanks for those stats armagh4sam, so Johnny won 5 breaks but the most interesting stat to me was Sweeney won 4 breaks and contributed 1-1 in a very short period of time after coming on as a sub..

Can you for once take off your moorefield hat.... Just once?

Sweeney came on at half time, hardly a short period of time. He also got pushed off the ball by a fella who was a foot smaller and 3 stone lighter than him.
He'll not get an all star award just yet.
He made a contribution and done well and should be in line to start on Sunday but he blows hot and cold.
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: Monaghan result   Monaghan result - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 8:25 pm

Not surprised fionn is accusing me of green bias, just thought it was an intersting stat compared to Johnny, because JD won 5 broken balls was prove postive that he had a storming game when the fact is he had a very poor game by his standards, that it was Sweeney was immaterial and yes fionn I do agree that Sweeney often gets the ball knocked out of his arms a little too easy sometimes after doing good work the win the ball initially.

Not going to harp on about JD anymore, I was amazed to see that Monaghan had 10 clean catches from their own kickouts while we had a solitary catch, sometimes stats can be misleading, I think the Kildare tactic is to break the ball around the congested midfield and for half forwards and half backs to get in there and pick up the scraps, well it worked a treat against Derry and Monaghan, more of the same against Meath please.
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: Monaghan result   Monaghan result - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 8:49 pm

Fair play to you kc- only for you we would all be agreeing with one another.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Monaghan result   Monaghan result - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 8:50 pm

Anyone who has watched Kildare the last few weeks will have noticed that Kildare have modified their game substantially to cater for Dermot's decreased mobility. He doesn't attack the ball to catch it anymore and is generally holding the middle because of the injury. So it's tap down all the time, not with the fist but the palm to where Leper, Morgan, Flan, Bolton etc are hanging around. So I don't expect to see too many clean catches for us between now and the end of the year.
Back to top Go down
armagh4sam
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Monaghan result   Monaghan result - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 9:34 pm

kildarecat wrote:
armagh4sam wrote:

A fair enough point surely, but the wides made JD's day look even more disatorous. The focus was on him having an off day, the commentators made plenty of reference to it while most nuetrals, who still assume he is your onl;y threat, would do the same.

If he had of been taken off, it would have inflamed the fact he had an off day, and given that he was a bit dodgy in the earlier rounds too from frees, leaving him on to finish out seemed a good call for me, partiuarly as you were never in danger.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Monaghan result   Monaghan result - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 12:30 am

he will bounce back sunday with a man the match display and 1-4!!!!
Back to top Go down
armagh4sam
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Monaghan result   Monaghan result - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 12:39 am

KILL BILL wrote:
Well Armagh4sam, as a neutral on the side of Kildare (?) how do you see this one going?

Hoping for a Kildare win, but expecting Meath to maybe edge home.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Monaghan result   Monaghan result - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 12:58 am

thats good armagh, you tipped Monaghan also... i'd be happy enough with your predicition
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Monaghan result   Monaghan result - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 1:04 am

yeah,keep ur top tips coming armagh!!!!!
Back to top Go down
armagh4sam
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Monaghan result   Monaghan result - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 1:24 am

fionnmccool wrote:
thats good armagh, you tipped Monaghan also... i'd be happy enough with your predicition

That didn't escape my attention, i'll also tip Kerry and Cork to beat you as well. Surprised
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Monaghan result   Monaghan result - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 1:36 am

armagh4sam wrote:
fionnmccool wrote:

That didn't escape my attention, i'll also tip Kerry and Cork to beat you as well. Surprised
ill get tipping so......Dublin to beat ye!!!
oh wait,thats already happened and ye are out.....UNLUCKY!!
Back to top Go down
armagh4sam
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Monaghan result   Monaghan result - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 1:45 am

walsheman wrote:
armagh4sam wrote:
fionnmccool wrote:

ill get tipping so......Dublin to beat ye!!!
oh wait,thats already happened and ye are out.....UNLUCKY!!

Whooooosh, don't take it personally pet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monaghan result   Monaghan result - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monaghan result
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4