Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2020 Club Championships

Go down 
+55
Anyonebutthedubs
Hurlerbehindtheditch
GoDownOnIt
Kicking King
topcat
SplitThePosts
CantonasCollar
BearintheSquare
bloodsub
Curraghplains
CILLDara 1998
TheManInTheStands
fatherted
seamymurphy
Club fan
TommyKeegan
jim
lilysavage
Badger85
kildarecat
Taibi
lily4fr
TheBigDog#
jj
PMA
DONTPULLOUT
intheback
Sorrynotsorry
GaaBoi
Flamingo
Rex
kevhog88
upforyourballmeman
jemser
murof
Ohtoohtobe
TheGeneral
Misneach
lomond
Bigfullforward
TopOfTheLeft
racer
eadestown1
jobluts
wingback
Ogie
white boy
totalgaa
captainautumn
All down the line
county-minor
Kildare98
lilywhites on tour
OutTheGap
jimmers
59 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 23 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
jemser
Junior C
Junior C

2020 Club Championships - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2020 11:59 pm

Moore's are a class act and have been the best team in Kildare for a decade now but I don't think yesterday was about street smarts or a greater will to win, it was a very even game with two evenly matched teams but you have to say the ref gave everything to moorefield, in a game with no dirt how could one team get so many frees in front of goals

jj and myraspup like this post

Back to top Go down
CantonasCollar
Senior
Senior
CantonasCollar

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2020 12:27 am

jemser wrote:
Moore's are a class act and have been the best team in Kildare for a decade now but I don't think yesterday was about street smarts or a greater will to win, it was a very even game with two evenly matched teams but you have to say the ref gave everything to moorefield, in a game with no dirt how could one team get so many frees in front of goals

I didn’t see the game but you can’t be always blaming the ref. That’s sport.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2020 12:36 am

Moorefield forwards invite contact and most teams give it. Exception being Sash in last year's Co final replay and Raheens this year, managed by a man that has had big influence on Moores style of play.
Back to top Go down
jemser
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2020 1:35 am

CantonasCollar wrote:
jemser wrote:

Your first line says it all really, I don't always blame the ref but yesterday in an extremely close game one team got 10 scoreable frees, it clearly makes a difference. Celbridge have a flaw in that they carry the ball too much, this works against most teams but against the top teams it doesn't and so they keep failing to win the big games

jj likes this post

Back to top Go down
Club fan
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2020 2:43 am

GoDownOnIt wrote:
Gaa1928 wrote:
Club fan wrote:
The burke curse strikes again. Every team he left goes back a mile. Confey. Kildare 20s were beat by laois the following year.  Sash beat by athy. Cannot believe celbridge were beat . Was sure it was their year. Fair play to moores. Unbelievable spirit with limited talent.

Limited talent ' Club fan ' I think is condensing towards these players, what makes them talented, play  for Kildare  ???  ask JTB, Celbridge and Athy about that one.

They played yesterday without their regular no. 6, 8 and 11 ( Murray, Masterson, Heavey ) and still pulled through.

Just to note this is their 7th county final in the last 8 years, limited talent ?????????

Couldn't agree more!! if the county team had more of the type of talent Moorefield have showed over and over again we wouldn't be fighting for our lives to stay in tier 1 football!

Yes limited talented. They are extremely effective but lumping ball into a big full forward and surviving off scorable frees wont wash in intercounty. There best player who has nt missed a free all year puked when he started against carlow on his intercounty appearance.Missed frees that day he d score in conleths with his eyes closed.
Murray extremely effective at club level. Did nt get a touch in either county final last year when pressed. Masterson good lad , still progressing. Heavey again would be exposed at intercounty .
They are very effective and fair play to them reaching another county final. But it says more about club football in the county than how talented they are .
Sarsfields after a poor start in cf last year made them look extremely average last year .
Limit the scorable frees and they dont have a whole pile. Limited talent . I stand by my post .very effective and game smart but limited.
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2020 3:03 am

I've never read such puke inducing posts in my entire life, we get it you hate the Newbridge teams, any chance you can point out the wonderful talent of the non Newbridge teams eh?

When did Kildare last win a Leinster with the wonderful talent that exists outside of the Newbridge teams, was it 2000?.

CantonasCollar likes this post

Back to top Go down
Club fan
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2020 3:06 am

kildarecat wrote:
I've never read such puke inducing posts in my entire life, we get it you hate the Newbridge teams, any chance you can point out the wonderful talent of the non Newbridge teams eh?

When did Kildare last win a Leinster with the wonderful talent that exists outside of the Newbridge teams, was it 2000?.

Where does it say i hate the newbridge teams ? Is their one false statement in my previous post ? Take off the blinkers .
Back to top Go down
CantonasCollar
Senior
Senior
CantonasCollar

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2020 3:09 am

Club fan wrote:
GoDownOnIt wrote:
Gaa1928 wrote:
Club fan wrote:
The burke curse strikes again. Every team he left goes back a mile. Confey. Kildare 20s were beat by laois the following year.  Sash beat by athy. Cannot believe celbridge were beat . Was sure it was their year. Fair play to moores. Unbelievable spirit with limited talent.

Limited talent ' Club fan ' I think is condensing towards these players, what makes them talented, play  for Kildare  ???  ask JTB, Celbridge and Athy about that one.

They played yesterday without their regular no. 6, 8 and 11 ( Murray, Masterson, Heavey ) and still pulled through.

Just to note this is their 7th county final in the last 8 years, limited talent ?????????

Couldn't agree more!! if the county team had more of the type of talent Moorefield have showed over and over again we wouldn't be fighting for our lives to stay in tier 1 football!

Yes limited talented. They are extremely effective but lumping ball into a big full forward and surviving off scorable frees wont wash in intercounty. There best player who has nt missed a free all year puked when he started against carlow on his intercounty appearance.Missed frees that day he d score in conleths with his eyes closed.
Murray extremely effective at club level. Did nt get a touch in either county final last year when pressed. Masterson good lad , still progressing. Heavey again would be exposed at intercounty .
They are very effective and fair play to them reaching another county final. But it says more about club football in the county than how talented they are .
Sarsfields after a poor start in cf last year made them look extremely average last year .
Limit the scorable frees and they dont have a whole pile. Limited talent . I stand by my post .very effective and game smart but limited.

Limited talent? Are you joking? They have talent all over the field. Also I don’t think Eanna has ever had a fair go at inter county level. One bad game against Carlow doesn’t make him a bad player. I’d actually like to see him in the Kildare squad.
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2020 3:14 am

Club fan wrote:
kildarecat wrote:

Where does it say i hate the newbridge teams ? Is their one false statement in my previous post ? Take off the blinkers .

You want me to take off the blinkers, its you who should take off the blinkers and give credit where its due, this Moorefield team has loads of talent all over the pitch?.

Seems in Kildare losers have all the talent and the winners have none, strange mindset?

CantonasCollar likes this post

Back to top Go down
Club fan
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2020 3:21 am

[quote="kildarecat"]
Club fan wrote:
kildarecat wrote:

When did Kildare last win a Leinster with the wonderful talent that exists outside of the Newbridge teams, was it

You want me to take off the blinkers, its you who should take off the blinkers and give credit where its due, this Moorefield team has loads of talent all over the pitch?.

Seems in Kildare losers have all the talent and the winners have none, strange mindset?

Theyll probably win next week. They will definitely get double the amount of scorable frees than athy will .
They play to there strengths and fair play to them. They ll probably get 10 to 12 points from scorable frees
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2020 3:33 am

Club fan wrote:
kildarecat wrote:
Club fan wrote:
kildarecat wrote:

When did Kildare last win a Leinster with the wonderful talent that exists outside of the Newbridge teams, was it

Theyll probably win next week. They will definitely get double the amount of scorable frees than athy will .
They play to there strengths and fair play to them. They ll probably get 10 to 12 points from scorable frees

Yep thats right Celbridge never got a soft free, only Moorefield ever get soft ones, I can assure you down the years the more successful you are in GAA the more likely the ref will favour the underdog, Moorefield have been the victims of some horrendous prejudice refereeing like Cody's Kilkenny team, to beat 16 men is a great achievement, the more you win the more they want you to lose!, actually the ref yesterday should be credited for reffing the match without prejudice.

Moorefield won yesterday because they were comfortably the better team for most of the match not because of the ref!.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2020 3:51 am

In the quarter final Moorefield beat Johnstownbridge who now have three county players. The reason is that Moorefield have 15+ lads who have, more than often than not, played with Kildare at some level and have way more strength in depth.
Niall Hurley Lynch and David Whyte show what they can call on as back up. Not many clubs have that level to come in.
The easy thing is to go cliché and say they grinded out a win and JTB shat the bed. It's the same with Celbridge in the semi.
You don't need to be on a county team to win a club championship and any lad who watched Kevin Murnaghan for years as an example would have rated him higher at club level than some county boys.
That's what Moorefield have, plus the fact that they have an identity and know each other so well.

A few county lads does not mean anything when you are up against a squad with medals and quality players. You rarely see them doing brain dead stuff and that's what counts in the crunch games.
Just because you are a serious club man doesn't mean it will work at county. John O'Donoghue and Mark O'Sullivan were able to kick points from all angles but would have lacked a bit of pace against a county corner back.

In terms of frees they play it as they see it and overall there are some amount of soft frees in contact across the board looking at the games online.

Back to top Go down
jemser
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2020 4:54 am

kildarecat wrote:
Club fan wrote:
kildarecat wrote:
Club fan wrote:
kildarecat wrote:

Yep thats right Celbridge never got a soft free, only Moorefield ever get soft ones, I can assure you down the years the more successful you are in GAA the more likely the ref will favour the underdog, Moorefield have been the victims of some horrendous prejudice refereeing like Cody's Kilkenny team, to beat 16 men is a great achievement, the more you win the more they want you to lose!, actually the ref yesterday should be credited for reffing the match without prejudice.

Moorefield won yesterday because they were comfortably the better team for most of the match not because of the ref!.

Will you get a grip of yourself there, without doubt there are plenty of people in the county who don't like the Newbridge teams, not me they are without doubt the strongest clubs in the county who know how to win but to say the we're comfortably the better team yesterday and got no help from the ref is just ridiculous, it was a 2 point game, celbridge were through on goal with 2 minutes left and moore's got plenty of soft frees

jj and Club fan like this post

Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2020 6:27 am

Facts from yesterday. Moorefield were awarded 33 frees to Celbridge 's 9 . Moorefield kicked 10pts from frees to Celbridges 3. You can come out with any argument you want about the way Moorefield play the game, and they are good, but those figures suggest biased refereeing no matter what .

jemser and myraspup like this post

Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2020 6:59 am

Seems to be a trend to criticize Athy, Celbridge and JTB because they have county players who can't win games for their club. Give them some credit for providing players for Kildare. Those players give over a huge amount of time to the county and miss out on a lot of club football.
Moorefield for all their excellence in Kildare have not produced any where near enough county players. Even Roli was a far more influential club than county player. Tyrell looks to be heading the same way sadly. Maybe Dempsey and Masterson can change that as they are good enough to make an impact at county level.
Someone mentioned Murnaghan as looking better than county defenders but he was badly at fault for Clare's winning goal in the division 2 final a few years ago on one of his few starts for Kildare.
Not denigrating Moorefield in any way but the same criticism has been levelled at Portlaoise for many years and look how successful they have been.
For what it is worth I expect Moorefield to beat Athy handily enough next week!

jemser and Club fan like this post

Back to top Go down
jemser
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2020 7:17 am

jj wrote:
Facts from yesterday. Moorefield were awarded 33 frees to Celbridge 's 9 . Moorefield kicked 10pts from frees to Celbridges 3. You can come out with any argument you want about the way Moorefield play the game, and they are good, but those figures suggest biased refereeing no matter what .

That's even worse than I thought watching it, shocking stats
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2020 7:27 am

I wonder were Moorefield given an easy ride due to the Masterson situation. 33-9 is an incredible stat.

Clogherinkoe made hard work of Ballymore, they lost Robinson due to injury. How bad is it? Will he play next weekend? They've no chance against Kilcock if he's missing.
Back to top Go down
upforyourballmeman
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2020 7:34 am

"Saw the Celbridge match online. Could not believe what I saw, so watched it again with a pen and paper.Here are my findings

1.Total frees 45. Moorefield got 32 to 13 for Celbridge.Seems a bit skewed for a level enough match.
2.After the first water break Moorefield got 11 frees to Celbridges 1. Moorefield scored 4 points from these frees
3. After the second half water break the free count was 6 to 1 in favour of Moorefield. (Moorefield got 2 points from these frees)
4. Across the full match Moorefield got 14 scoreable frees and scored 10. Celbridge got 3 scorable frees and scored 3.
5. Scratching my head here with those stats.

Can anybody out there enlighten me as to what went on."

jj and myraspup like this post

Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2020 7:51 am

upforyourballmeman wrote:
"Saw the Celbridge match online. Could not believe what I saw, so watched it again with a pen and paper.Here are my findings

1.Total frees 45. Moorefield got 32 to 13 for Celbridge.Seems a bit skewed for a level enough match.
2.After the first water break Moorefield got 11 frees to Celbridges 1. Moorefield scored 4 points from these frees
3. After the second half water break the free count was 6 to 1 in favour of Moorefield. (Moorefield got 2 points from these frees)
4. Across the full match Moorefield got 14 scoreable frees and scored 10. Celbridge got 3 scorable frees and scored 3.

My god. That really does highlight a shocking bias. That can't just be explained away on Moorefield being 'cute'. Where was ref from?
5. Scratching my head here with those stats.

Can anybody out there enlighten me as to what went on."
Back to top Go down
CantonasCollar
Senior
Senior
CantonasCollar

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2020 7:53 am

jj wrote:
Facts from yesterday.  Moorefield were awarded 33 frees to Celbridge 's 9 . Moorefield kicked 10pts from frees to Celbridges 3. You can come out with any argument you want about the way Moorefield play the game, and they are good, but those figures suggest biased refereeing no matter what .

Wow those are crazy stats. Didn’t realize it was that bad. Who was the ref and where is he from? Maybe he has an agenda against North Kildare teams maybe?

jj likes this post

Back to top Go down
GoDownOnIt
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2020 7:53 am

Is there any process of assessing referees in Kildare?

I didn't see the game so I'm not in a position to comment other than to say that those stats are a red flag. However they could be due to a combination of factors, most of which have been mentioned above.

The bigger picture here is the overall standard of refereeing. I have to say I think it has improved in recent years but there are still some awful refereeing displays happening in important games. The only way to improve it is to give the referees, who do a very very difficult job to the best of their ability, the support and coaching that they need as much as any player.
Back to top Go down
CantonasCollar
Senior
Senior
CantonasCollar

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2020 8:01 am

jemser wrote:
CantonasCollar wrote:
jemser wrote:

Your first line says it all really, I don't always blame the ref but yesterday in an extremely close game one team got 10 scoreable frees, it clearly makes a difference. Celbridge have a flaw in that they carry the ball too much, this works against most teams but against the top teams it doesn't and so they keep failing to win the big games

Jemser I take back what I said earlier about teams complaining about refs. Moorefield getting 33 frees to Celbridge getting 9 is a crazy stat. Surely the referees performance yesterday needs to be reviewed.
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2020 8:04 am

CantonasCollar wrote:
jj wrote:
Facts from yesterday.  Moorefield were awarded 33 frees to Celbridge 's 9 . Moorefield kicked 10pts from frees to Celbridges 3. You can come out with any argument you want about the way Moorefield play the game, and they are good, but those figures suggest biased refereeing no matter what .

Wow those are crazy stats. Didn’t realize it was that bad. Who was the ref and where is he from? Maybe he has an agenda against North Kildare teams maybe?
Henry Barrett the referee
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2020 8:08 am

Where is Henry from?
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2020 8:20 am

jj wrote:
Where is Henry from?
kilcullen i think
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2020 Club Championships
Page 19 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 23 ... 28  Next