Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Managerial merry go round

Go down 
+21
CILLDara 1998
Botch
TheBigDog#
lily4fr
SplitThePosts
ClaneLillywhite
seamymurphy
Lillywhite20
bloodsub
white boy
TheManInTheStands
Gaa1928
Curraghplains
GAAGOAT
Ogie
micky murphy
KILL BILL
Club fan
Horsebox
kelf
TheGeneral
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
CantonasCollar
Senior
Senior
CantonasCollar

Managerial merry go round   - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Managerial merry go round    Managerial merry go round   - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2021 2:38 am

Kildare 2000 wrote:
CantonasCollar wrote:
Here’s my idea for a new club championship structure in Kildare.

10 teams in the Senior, Intermediate and Junior ‘A’ Championships respectively. 7 teams in the Junior ‘B’ and 6 teams in the Junior ‘C’ championship.

For the the Senior, Intermediate and Junior ‘A’ championships all 10 teams are in 1 group. 4 group games. Top 2 qualify for the semi finals while 3rd,4th,5th and 6th qualify for the quarter finals. Bottom 2 play each other in the relegation playoff.

For the Junior ‘B’ Championship all 7 teams are in the 1 group. They all play each other once. The team that finishes top qualifies for the final. Teams that finish 2nd and 3rd play each other in the semi final with the team that finished 2nd having home advantage for the semi final. Bottom 2 teams play relegation playoff. Same structure for the Junior ‘C’ championship except there is no relegation playoff for the bottom 2 teams as there would be no relegation from Junior ‘C’.

Probably a dumb idea but I thought I’d write it on here anyway. Each championship would be highly competitive with every team having realistic ambitions.
not enough games in that championship for Kildare county board  to make €€€ the more games in the club championship for €€€ for county  board

Still plenty of games in that championship. Could be worth a shot. Club championships badly need a shake up.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Managerial merry go round    Managerial merry go round   - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2021 2:51 am

I agree with your concept of reducing number of team in senior to ten alright, I would just have two groups of 5 with each team playing each other once, Winners from both groups progress to semi finals and 2v3 from each group in Quarters and 4v5 in relegation semi finals. This just means there is common games in each group so the standard G.A.A method can be used for tie breakers.

I do agree we need to do something to improve our senior championship.

CantonasCollar likes this post

Back to top Go down
GoDownOnIt
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Managerial merry go round    Managerial merry go round   - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2021 4:06 am

CantonasCollar wrote:
Here’s my idea for a new club championship structure in Kildare.

10 teams in the Senior, Intermediate and Junior ‘A’ Championships respectively. 7 teams in the Junior ‘B’ and 6 teams in the Junior ‘C’ championship.

For the the Senior, Intermediate and Junior ‘A’ championships all 10 teams are in 1 group. 4 group games. Top 2 qualify for the semi finals while 3rd,4th,5th and 6th qualify for the quarter finals. Bottom 2 play each other in the relegation playoff.

For the Junior ‘B’ Championship all 7 teams are in the 1 group. They all play each other once. The team that finishes top qualifies for the final. Teams that finish 2nd and 3rd play each other in the semi final with the team that finished 2nd having home advantage for the semi final. Bottom 2 teams play relegation playoff. Same structure for the Junior ‘C’ championship except there is no relegation playoff for the bottom 2 teams as there would be no relegation from Junior ‘C’.

Probably a dumb idea but I thought I’d write it on here anyway. Each championship would be highly competitive with every team having realistic ambitions.

Not a dumb idea at all.... I like it and I know I wouldn't have come up with it. A bit of original thinking in this and that's a rare quality among GAA administrators!!

Ogie, White Bridge and CantonasCollar like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Managerial merry go round    Managerial merry go round   - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Managerial merry go round
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6