Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Managerial merry go round

Go down 
+21
CILLDara 1998
Botch
TheBigDog#
lily4fr
SplitThePosts
ClaneLillywhite
seamymurphy
Lillywhite20
bloodsub
white boy
TheManInTheStands
Gaa1928
Curraghplains
GAAGOAT
Ogie
micky murphy
KILL BILL
Club fan
Horsebox
kelf
TheGeneral
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

Managerial merry go round   - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Managerial merry go round    Managerial merry go round   - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2020 9:14 pm

Interesting appointment by Monasterevin they have had a few interesting managers over the years, will be pushing for the Intermediate again this year....
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Managerial merry go round    Managerial merry go round   - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2020 9:24 pm

Club fan wrote:
Papabear wrote:
Club fan wrote:
Botch wrote:
Club fan wrote:
Jason ryan has more clubs than tiger woods .hope the taxman does nt catch up with him. Was only with 4 teams in 3 different counties last year. He is ideal for naas

Really. What teams
Glynnbarntown wexford
Thomas Davis
A school he is with and i cannot for the life of me think of the other one. Nice work if you can get it and best of luck to them. As i said its a perfect fit.

Can't think of other one?? Full of shite.

He took the odd session with Thomas Davis I believe, there maybe couple of times a month.
He is a PE teacher so he will inevitably be involved with his school team.

not that it matters but your wrong. Last year took the odd session but this year was full time as well as that team in wexford.
Id be a bit of a traditionalist myself. One team at a time and 100 % all in but each to their own.  

In 1993 - 27 years ago - Seán Stack played for and managed Sixmilebridge in a Munster senior club hurling final, losing to a Toomevara team - he was manager of.

People being involved in various roles at different clubs is not new and it was happening a long time before that.

Was some tough situation for Stack and he stepped away from Toome for the period between semi-finals and final.
Back to top Go down
Lillywhite20
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Managerial merry go round    Managerial merry go round   - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2020 10:16 pm

He did a couple of sessions as a favour to someone but wasnt getting any numbers so stopped coming down from what i hear
Back to top Go down
TheManInTheStands
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Managerial merry go round    Managerial merry go round   - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2020 10:54 pm

Statement from intent on the clubs belhalf, didn’t represent themselves to their full potential this year owing to a number of different factors, hopefully a guy of this calibre is exactly what they need that will help them back up to senior and solidify them there
Back to top Go down
GoDownOnIt
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Managerial merry go round    Managerial merry go round   - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2020 11:27 pm

Papabear wrote:
Was part of mgmt team ran outta TMH no?

Wouldn't be the first mgmt team ran outta TMH!! they're not easy on managers up there! Why were they ran out? Maybe The Blues have gone for the big name without the credentials?? it looks like they have TBH

Who's in TMH this year? Heard Wolfe was in the running and the powers that be in TMH were impressed with him?

Back to top Go down
TheBigDog#
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Managerial merry go round    Managerial merry go round   - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2020 12:11 am

TheManInTheStands wrote:
Statement from intent on the clubs belhalf, didn’t represent themselves to their full potential this year owing to a number of different factors, hopefully a guy of this calibre is exactly what they need that will help them back up to senior and solidify them there

Wouldn't call it a statement of intent.Was a brilliant player in his day but is this his first management job?If it is it could be a huge gamble. Has a big job on his hands.Monasterevin were absolutely shocking in the senior championship last season. Will be one of the favourites for the intermediate tho but the standard in the intermediate is poor
Back to top Go down
TheManInTheStands
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Managerial merry go round    Managerial merry go round   - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2020 1:03 am

I wouldn’t be too worried at the end of the day, footballs football, you’re either good enough or your not. Colin Ward in TMH, former kildare junior and minor manager but not that that means an awful lot, there’s a lot of journeymen coaches out of st Kevin’s, can’t get over how poor TMH were last year. Leixlip appointing enda murphy doesn’t really change much considering he’s involved with them last few years. A gamble going with Mortimer no doubt but sure let’s see what happens, I’m sure he knows a lot more about the game than any of us Here and I’m fairly sure the club aren’t being held to ransom either
Back to top Go down
SplitThePosts
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Managerial merry go round    Managerial merry go round   - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2020 1:34 am

Afternoon lads, first time poster..
I’d actually disagree with the idea of the intermediate championship being a poor standard and this year given the quality and experience of some of the managerial appointments, I’m expecting a highly competitive competition.
TMH were knocked out by a point to the winners of this years inter so I wouldn’t say they were incredibly poor and fancy them to be good again. Enda Murphy is a stalwart and would expect Leixlip to operate at a high standard next year, as will Kilcock, Monasterevan and Kevins are full of potential to go either way.
Very interested in Ronan Joyce at Ballymore too and they could go far as well.. these managerial announcements and the dire state of inter county has me craving a bit of club action! Bring on 2021

Club fan and seamymurphy like this post

Back to top Go down
TheManInTheStands
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Managerial merry go round    Managerial merry go round   - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2020 1:44 am

Definitely, more exciting that the Senior championship at the minute anyway, teams like Sallins and Nurney both been to semi finals in the last couple of years, Kilcock always strong and well setup, TMH if they get it right in camp will be good, Allenwood capable as well as Kevins, Ballymore look interesting i'd agree, Leixlip have found there grade I feel but are a decent side, will be in the shake as well as M'Evan, Senior just too predictable and the gulf in class is quite evident with last two intermediate winners going back down, would fancy it being 3 in a row as don't view Cloghs strong enough for it, 16 teams at senior far too much, would be in favour of a Senior, Senior B/Premier Intermediate, Intermediate, Junior structure myself

SplitThePosts likes this post

Back to top Go down
SplitThePosts
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Managerial merry go round    Managerial merry go round   - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2020 2:04 am

I’d agree there. I recon very little splits the top 6 intermediate teams and the bottom 4 senior, not saying it’s a bad standard, lots of quality footballers mixed into those teams, but the top 12 senior teams are a step ahead. The bit of experience at the grade held by the bottom four senior teams is probably what’s put the last few intermediate winners back down.
Are many clubs still on the management hunt do we know?

TheManInTheStands likes this post

Back to top Go down
TheManInTheStands
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Managerial merry go round    Managerial merry go round   - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2020 2:47 am

That’s Naas, JTB, Ballymore, Sarsfields, leixlip , TMH and Monasterevan done. Haven’t heard Clogherinkoe appoint anyone yet?
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Managerial merry go round    Managerial merry go round   - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2020 4:06 am

Ballyteague still no manager
Back to top Go down
CILLDara 1998
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Managerial merry go round    Managerial merry go round   - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2020 6:18 am

Kilcock still no manager

Back to top Go down
GAAGOAT
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Managerial merry go round    Managerial merry go round   - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2020 1:28 am

I was sent this message by a member of a neighbouring club that haven’t been going well of late. Hard to imagine a Club manager questioning a players commitment in 2020, in the year of Covid 19. This ‘in or out’ mentality is destroying club football. What does giving ‘100%’ mean for going on holidays or college/work commitments?

‘’Hi lads. I hope you are all keeping well. Im just in the process of preparing for 2021 and part of that is getting a willing senior panel together from last years group and minors from this year. Im asking all players who are interested in being involved to message me back with your name and a 👍 by Friday 11th Dec next. If you feel you cant give 100% for the full year can you let me know also with a 👎 so that I can amend the group. We will be expecting a greater level of commitment next year. You are either in or out so you have a couple of days to decide. Thanks.’’
Back to top Go down
CILLDara 1998
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Managerial merry go round    Managerial merry go round   - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2020 1:37 am

GAAGOAT wrote:
I was sent this message by a member of a neighbouring club that haven’t been going well of late. Hard to imagine a Club manager questioning a players commitment in 2020, in the year of Covid 19. This  ‘in or out’  mentality is destroying club football. What does giving ‘100%’ mean for going on holidays or college/work commitments?

‘’Hi lads. I hope you are all keeping well. Im just in the process of preparing for 2021 and part of that is getting a willing senior panel together from last years group and minors from this year. Im asking all players who are interested in being involved to message me back with your name and a 👍 by Friday 11th Dec next. If you feel you cant give 100% for the full year can you let me know also with a 👎 so that I can amend the group. We will be expecting a greater level of commitment next year. You are either in or out so you have a couple of days to decide. Thanks.’’
more than likely the club season will frist half of year in 2021
Back to top Go down
GoDownOnIt
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Managerial merry go round    Managerial merry go round   - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2020 2:26 am

GAAGOAT wrote:
I was sent this message by a member of a neighbouring club that haven’t been going well of late. Hard to imagine a Club manager questioning a players commitment in 2020, in the year of Covid 19. This  ‘in or out’  mentality is destroying club football. What does giving ‘100%’ mean for going on holidays or college/work commitments?

Don't see a whole lot wrong with that text to be honest... maybe there's some history or context you have that's not coming across in it but I'm not seeing much wrong with it.

Ogie, Club fan and seamymurphy like this post

Back to top Go down
TheManInTheStands
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Managerial merry go round    Managerial merry go round   - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2020 3:22 am

And if one of your star players is to send back a thumbs down youll take that and move on?.. this doesn't happen lads don't cod yourselves, only Moorefield/Sarsfields have the luxury of doing this. Doesn't happen at the lower teams, most managers accept BS from their better players because their role as team manager is dependent on success, Unless you have an understanding from Club officials that your going to set a standard and if lads act the b*llocks they'll be left out of the team it never works because football is a success orientated sport. If a lad at a middling senior/Intermediate team is viewed as being pivotal to success he'll get away with acting the mick because Mangers these days don't have the b*alls to send out a team in a must win game without them. That's what effects the not so talented lads who may be the most commited and causes rifts in panels,

seamymurphy and BearintheSquare like this post

Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Managerial merry go round    Managerial merry go round   - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2020 7:13 am

Ger Robinson from Meath is clogherinkoe new manager
Ger was charge of Meath u20 in 2020
Back to top Go down
seamymurphy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Managerial merry go round    Managerial merry go round   - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2020 1:45 pm

TheManInTheStands wrote:
And if one of your star players is to send back a thumbs down youll take that and move on?.. this doesn't happen lads don't cod yourselves, only Moorefield/Sarsfields have the luxury of doing this. Doesn't happen at the lower teams, most managers accept BS from their better  players because their role as team manager is dependent on success, Unless you have an understanding from Club officials that your going to set a standard and if lads act the b*llocks they'll be left out of the team it never works because football is a success orientated sport. If a lad at a middling senior/Intermediate team is viewed as being pivotal to success he'll get away with acting the mick because Mangers these days don't have the b*alls to send out a team in a must win game without them. That's what effects the not so talented lads who may be the most commited and causes rifts in panels,

If you've a Panel of 20 odd, and 15 training on a good night, it gets a wee bit harder to leave the less committed really good lads out.

Gaa1928 likes this post

Back to top Go down
TheManInTheStands
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Managerial merry go round    Managerial merry go round   - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2020 9:57 am

God love Ballyteague , another resident bluffer Karl ODwyer appointed as manager
Back to top Go down
seamymurphy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Managerial merry go round    Managerial merry go round   - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2020 1:19 pm

TheManInTheStands wrote:
God love Ballyteague , another resident bluffer Karl ODwyer appointed as manager

He'll have a fair bit of knowledge on the rest of the Intermediate Teams at this stage.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Managerial merry go round    Managerial merry go round   - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2020 12:05 am

What is the 'going rate' for a club manager in Kildare
Back to top Go down
CILLDara 1998
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Managerial merry go round    Managerial merry go round   - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2020 1:03 am

Intermediate club fee €10,000
Back to top Go down
GoDownOnIt
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Managerial merry go round    Managerial merry go round   - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2020 4:38 am

Kildare 2000 wrote:
Intermediate club fee €10,000

Mad money for some of the heads out there
Back to top Go down
white boy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Managerial merry go round    Managerial merry go round   - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2020 7:52 am

Not many young and upcoming managers out there at the moment. 7k to 10 is about the going rate. I would say Ballyteague probably got the best of what was left,after all the man was with kildare 2 year ago must have picked up a few tips at that level. I heard Moansteriven manager was a big money move.No track record with him as far as I know. Can anybody tell me who's better out there at intermediate level as managers go?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Managerial merry go round    Managerial merry go round   - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Managerial merry go round
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next