Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Suggestions for Next Management

Go down 
+68
jimmers
PaddyMartinKildare
StayDownOnIt
lilysavage
Kildare144
Thin Blue Line
OutSideOfTheBoot
MD
flourman
Onechance
bite the pillow
TheBigDog#
Morrissey
FlourBag_1
DannyBoy
Leead64
jim
KILL BILL
Fizzer
cuttothebone
Countyminor -84
bloodsub
Columbo
Cilldara_2000
Ned
Kildarelilly
lomond
if_in_doubt
TheGreatof1928
TommyKeegan
Kildare-Tom
Southern Gael
Liffey Likes
Highball
MickosMen
really_unofficial_kildare
RiseAgainKildare
Ontheterrace
SplitThePosts
ClaneLillywhite
Rex
LillieLad
rgb
TheManInTheStands
Twentyeight
Big Full Back
Botch
The flour bags
NorthernLily89
seamymurphy
newornowhere
Thelillywhites
lily92
BearintheSquare
moatesports
Badger85
murof
Ohtoohtobe
Lilywhite forever
Kildare999
shunta15
Clubman
Menolam
Blackadder
FionnMcCool
Flamingo
Gaa1928
micky murphy
72 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Intercounty
Intercounty

Suggestions for Next Management - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2024 9:39 pm

Highball wrote:
Loving the polls unofficial but Jim is quite an unrealistic option.

Be interesting to see the vote for the following

Davy
Flanagan
McGeeney
McConvlle
Gallagher
Malachy

They would be the most realistic (and even some unrealistic ones there too)

I can do that this morning no problem. I can only do 4 at a time so will I do Davy, Flanagan, McGeeney and Gallagher?

OutTheGap likes this post

Back to top Go down
Thelillywhites
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2024 11:40 pm

I'd take out Gallagher and put in Kieran Donaghy but that is just me.
Back to top Go down
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2024 11:47 pm

300 votes in

Davy Burke
26.8%
Rory Gallagher
16.8%
Brian Flanagan
32.2%
Kieran McGeeney
24.2%
Back to top Go down
Southern Gael
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2024 7:39 am

Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2024 4:47 pm

Cheers unofficial - Probably a fair reflection of the overall mood i would suggest.

Flanagan the front runner overall but not much between Burke / McGeeney.

really_unofficial_kildare likes this post

Back to top Go down
lily92
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2024 9:40 pm

does anyone on here actually know someone with insider knowledge?
Back to top Go down
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2024 1:44 am

Not sure if anyone got the Leader this week but there is supposed to be a part in it about the manager hunt ramping up this week. Other than that, not much talk going around about the process.
Back to top Go down
Thelillywhites
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2024 5:41 am

I wonder is there a "committee" been put together to look at potential candidates like the last time or is it a case of the chairman going it alone.

The flour bags likes this post

Back to top Go down
The flour bags
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2024 7:33 pm

Niall carew ??
Back to top Go down
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2024 8:43 pm

"The search for a new Kildare senior football manager moves up a gear this week with the Co. Board's powerful Management Committee due to meet on Thursday with the appointment of the new manager top of the agenda.
A decision on how to proceed with the appointment is expected to be decided at that gathering.
And while names of a possible new boss are flying around the place, and are as plentiful as snuff at a wake, it seems no approaches have been made at official level to any individuals as of yet."
-Tommy Callaghan, Leinster Leader.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2024 8:48 pm

Heard Davy Fitz on the radio this morning.

He stood down today as the Waterford hurling manager and the main reason he said was to let the Waterford county board know because 'planning for the new season really starts now'.

We need to get sorted and try have someone in place in time for the championship in August.
Back to top Go down
Kildare-Tom
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2024 11:24 pm

The flour bags wrote:
Niall carew ??

I'd rather have Glenn back
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2024 12:42 am

You can forget about McGeeney and Burke. Neither going anywhere. Former will be looking for step up to All Ireland level in coming years if it doesn't happen this year; latter wants back to get Roscommon into first semi-final in decades and build on what he's already done.

I do worry that given the expectation of fans versus our level of performance and player; our country board allied to our finances; it could be underwhelming!
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2024 2:04 am

Most realistic, easiest appointment is Brian Flanagan. I cant see him being too far away to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Southern Gael
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2024 2:28 am

If we get this wrong just bear in mind we have not reached rock bottom. If Derry and Cavan can fall to division 4, so can we. Some ambition and long term vision is necessary
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2024 2:42 am

Geezer will not be moving now. And if he did it'd be to take a break, noit tear into a massive overhaul project. Burke may be available depending on the mood music in Roscommon.

I am blue in the face pointing that the U20 winners were the most un-Kildare like team for years. Dug in and took the knocks and never stopped. They communicated brilliantly on the field and had loads of leaders.

The man in charge, who worked with them, is available but we are obsessed with a name...

Now, all that being said Malachy O'Rourke would be my top pick with Flanno.

But we do need someone in place before the county semi finals.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2024 6:48 am

Not sure where Tommy Callaghan has got his info from but he’s saying Flanno, Davy and Gallagher all linked. I’d take any of them being honest.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2024 6:52 am

Rumour mill saying Harte staying in Derry hope someone from county board on way to see Malachy ORourke give him 3 years,
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2024 7:13 am

Would love O’’Rourke, anyone know where he’s based. I know he applied for the job before.
Back to top Go down
Thelillywhites
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2024 9:28 am

The manner of how Armagh go out next weekend or win the AI will tell if Geezer is available or not.
Kieran Donaghy would be an inspirational appointment for the players, great experience in Armagh over the last number of years with Flanagan as no.2
I would like to think that this committee is not a smoke screen like it was a few years ago. Kevin Mc Stay mentioned a call been made to him when in fact Kildare had already their man.
Hoping the people on this committee have a bit of vision, ambition and are set up to GENUINELY find and forward the best candidates no settling, no penny pinching. Its too crucial to get this right.

Southern Gael likes this post

Back to top Go down
FionnMcCool
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2024 8:14 am

I see a tweet issued by Kildare GAA.

Following a Kildare GAA Management meeting this evening. The Chairperson along with the executive officers are commencing a process of appointing a new Senior Footballer Manager.

How that silly silly c*nt I allowed to be involved in the process is beyond me.

I hope expectations aren't high because this lad is as useless as he is braindead.

lilywhites on tour likes this post

Back to top Go down
Thelillywhites
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2024 7:31 pm

I don't think theres a need to name call but a point has to be made.
How is the process going to be viewed as transparent when you have a person who voted against a potential candidate (McGeeney) spear heading the selection process?
Who also apparently (don't know if its true) fell out with another potential candidate (Davy Burke).
Huge conflict of interest.

That limits Kildare's selection and it is not objective nor fair process when viewing potential candidates with that amount of bias and baggage involved. Therefore limiting the chances of the best person for the job to be chosen.
Imagine not knowing when to step away from this process after making a complete balls of the last one. Maybe the chairman wont be as involved as we are led to believe.

Now all the hope is that the executive are strong enough to stand and think the chairman will be gone in a matter of months, a new chairman will be here and fight for the right candidate. For the new senior manager, they will only be working with current chairman for a few months. The executive need not to settle for the easy option but go for the BEST  that Kildare players and supporters deserve.

If not prepare as I said to go round in circles ala Meath content with old school running things and failing talent coming through.

#1 McGeeney
#2 Kieran Donaghy
#3 Brian Flanagan
#4 Malachy O R

Andy Moran?

Last edited by Thelillywhites on Fri Jul 05, 2024 11:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2024 9:28 pm

The way some people talk on here i hope they are going to put their name forward at club and county board level to get on the committee's

Cilldara_2000 likes this post

Back to top Go down
FionnMcCool
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2024 9:58 pm

micky murphy wrote:
The way some people talk on here i hope they are going to put their name forward at club and county board level to get on the committee's

Ah this old chestnut. Put your own name forward or keep your mouth shut.

Absolute fucking bullshit. I see the morons that run around the corridors in Hawkfield swapping seats every few years. The same moron that voted out McGeeney is involved in the process of cleaning the mess 11 years later. You're grand. I'll look after my own club and coaching the underage rather than waste my time on dinosaurs

Thelillywhites and Southern Gael like this post

Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2024 10:07 pm

Interesting intervention from Andriu Mac Lochlainn on twitter in relation to the county board.

I can only hope it’s a sign that someone of his standing and experience is stepping forward. That’s what we need now.

Come on Andriú. Do it for your county!

LillieLad, Thelillywhites, Southern Gael and The rising sun like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for Next Management
Page 5 of 28Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 28  Next