Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend.

Go down 
+54
abl
gaaweb
Onhisboot
Horsebox
jnrwhite
walsheman
steviegenius
stanley
Loads of Pints
standhimup
gaaman
fatherted
ccm1
Could'nt Trap Cement
if_in_doubt
rgb
ElGuerrouj
Lily8
Frankel
kartman
Fear An Geata
GaaHead
parcel
TommyKeegan
kickingking
KILL BILL
the big cal
johnsmyth
lilywhites on tour
Stonecold
Admin3
Come on the Boys in Blue
lilysavage
tomcruise
overthebar
Bigfullforward
jj
Taibi
KFSAM
Big Full Back
kelf
SamMaguire
centreback
ripvanwinkle
flourman
hawker
lastline
murof
Ogie
BelieveToAchieve
Cilldara_2000
fargo
Ohtoohtobe
Rex
58 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
AuthorMessage
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend. - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend.   Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 8:12 am

how did you feel about colm parkinson tansfer to parnells tommy? and what did you think of him slating johnston on the spirit of the gaa?
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend.   Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 8:13 am

Maybe I was a bit harsh in my words but if he feels that way it should be pointed out that this is a Kildare GAA forum and he is the one saying he won't support Kildare anymore
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend.   Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 8:16 am

Why? I know full well this is a Kildare GAA forum. And I haven't actually said I won't support Kildare anymore. I won't be attending senior games anymore but I'll still be supporting the minors, my own club, etc. Is that ok?
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend.   Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 8:16 am

Thought Walsh transfer disgraceful. Thought Wooly's transfer to Parnells crazy too - although in terms of attention, despite how bad they are as a club in their policies, you can't expect them to get the same attention as a county of Kildare's standing. As for Parkinson slating Johnston, it's a tricky one. He's moved on and in a new job now, so I'd like to hear his thoughts on his own transfers before saying it is hypocrisy. If he's self critical and regrets what he did - we all make mistakes - then it's a fair opinion from someone who knows better than most. If he thinks his move was okay and then slates Johnston, then that's completely out of order and attention seeking and lazy and arrogant.
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend.   Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 8:21 am

Cilldara_2000 wrote:
Why? I know full well this is a Kildare GAA forum. And I haven't actually said I won't support Kildare anymore. I won't be attending senior games anymore but I'll still be supporting the minors, my own club, etc. Is that ok?

Any games run by the county board you said. Pretty much rules out every game in my view so ...
This is a discussion relating to the senior team you don't follow anymore Cilldara
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend.   Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 8:24 am

Atm it's a discussion about my comment withdrawing my support from the county seniors and saying that I won't attend games run by the county board other than those involving my own club. I'll still attend the minor semi final which is run by the Leinster Council and not the county board.

There's a lot more to Kildare GAA than just the county seniors.
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend.   Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 8:31 am

i dont mind any of the transfers i always say in my club if he doesn`t want to play for us then let him on the club is bigger than any one player. i even dont mind parkinson transfering for his own benefits i`d do the same myself in this ecconomic climate but him slating another for transfering for any reason is hypocrisy and i take your point about holding his hands up saying he was wrong but i cant for the life of me see parkinson ever saying that but even if he did i`d still say what he said on the sunday game was wrong
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend.   Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 9:37 am

centreback wrote:
how did you feel about colm parkinson tansfer to parnells tommy? and what did you think of him slating johnston on the spirit of the gaa?

And what county did he continue to play for ??? after the transfer Sorry no comparison really Rolling Eyes I would agree about his comments been uncalled for , this FIASCO is solely on the conscious of Kildare Gaa powerbrokers and there employees of the county team from here on in , Lets all agree that some completely disagree with this transfer and there are does who fully endorse it , The damage or progress has been done depending on your opinion !!

All that can be done now is play the game Rolling Eyes

Its live by the sword or Die by the sword
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend.   Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 10:53 am

Don't think Seanie will be involved at all tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend.   Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 10:58 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
I give a shit about those who are consistently pissing into the wind getting this shunted on them by another sport. I give a shit about the players of CD who I feel sorry for after training for this game having this circus thrust on them by their own management (Carew). I feel sorry for those in other hurling clubs who do their best but are demeaned and have their championship demeaned by a manufactured transfer that had nothing to do with them. I give a shit about the actions of Kildare and the reputation of Kildare. I give a shit about one of the two senior GAA championships played in the county. And I give a shit about biggest issues such as intercounty transfers and GAA rules. So basically, personally and professionally, I have numerous reasons to give a shit.

For the record, I think tomorrow we will be 5 or 6 ahead going into last minute or two, and I think at that point Johnston will come on as a sub so the whole issue is gotten out of the way in one weekend. That would make sense, when very little about this has.

Tommy, in fairness. You're against it and have argued your point well despite being subjected to over-the-top personal abuse. But you're beginning to sound like Eamonn Dunphy now and I'm imagining you bawling like a baby... you give a shit for the players of Coill Dubh? Do you actually know what the players of Coill Dubh are thinking? LMFAO. (every day I'm shuffling).

Back to top Go down
SamMaguire
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend.   Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 10:59 am

Ogie wrote:

That's the word alright. I would have thought it would have been better to get it over with after today.
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend.   Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 11:01 am

Ogie wrote:

Really? Is that just a hunch or have you heard something? I'd be surprised if he didn't feature at some stage. Would it not be better to get it over with now, that have the same nonsense hype leading up to a potential Leinster final?
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend.   Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 11:14 am

I do care for two reasons. A) as a GAA person who is concerned about the good of the game and B) as a Kildare person who has seen a team in a different sport force something like this upon them. Often have a pint in Frank O'Brien's in Athy, he was 90 other week, was showing me the hurl he won county title with over 60 years ago. He is a guy who gave over so much of his life to hurling in Kildare and to have it demeaned as it was today by his own saddens me.
Back to top Go down
SamMaguire
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend.   Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 11:52 am

It's all one big fucking joke to him

Seanie Johnston (@Johnsts4)
30/06/2012 21:27
@cads3 dunno how u have kept doing it for so long, tough on d body

Back to top Go down
KFSAM
Senior
Senior
KFSAM

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend.   Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 12:22 pm

To use an analogy off the TV and it's a useful analogy in this instance, the Kildare circle of trust is a small enough circle. Either your inside it or not. It's patently obvious there's a few on this forum outside that circle by their own actions and choices.

Good luck to you in whatever endeavor suits your particular agenda.

Close the door on the way out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend.   Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 6:40 pm

The attention this transfer has received has been unwarranted and completely over the top. Apparently there were TV camera's and umpteen photographers at the hurling game yesterday.

Its funny people should mention Tommy Walsh because in my eyes this was possibly the worst transfer in the history of the GAA. When I say that at the same time if that's what Mr Walsh wanted to do, it was his decision but it gives our situation a little perspective.

He transfered from Fenagh to Bray Emmets in order to complete the transfer. An hours drive and a neighboring county. Provided with an address , The property was owned by Ballymore property at the time a Wicklow Sponsor.

The rumour is he was lined up with a job and company car also.

He mistakenly wrote the wrong house number on his initial application an apartment in Bray town, despite him still living in Fenagh, just outside Carlow town. After an initial 2 years with Wicklow he had stated he was going back to Carlow, giving his commitment to the County Board only to change his mind at the last moment.

He eventually transferred back to Carlow in 2010 with Micko on the brink of leaving and Ballymore properties pulling the plug on their sponsorship, Micko stayed on for another year incidentally.

At least Seanie Johnston's move was pure football reasons.
Back to top Go down
stanley
Intercounty
Intercounty
stanley

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend.   Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 6:48 pm

Published on Saturday 30 June 2012 20:12

IT’S done and it’s dusted. A mere 35 seconds of hurling ensured that Seanie Johnston is now eligible to play senior football for Kildare. Finally, writes RUTH CHAMBERS.

Agree with it or not, the whole saga has finally come to a conclusion and there was no man more relieved than the man himself at full time in Clane this evening (Saturday).

Since late last year the transfer of Johnston from Cavan Gaels to St Kevin’s has dominated GAA headlines and dominated many an agenda in Croke Park. He has jumped through each and every hoop asked of him and finally his case has been put to bed.

Speaking to the local media after Coill Dubh’s six point victory over Eire Og/Chorra Choill this afternoon Johnston’s relief was palpable. And now all he wants to do is play football. Nothing more, nothing else.

“It hasn’t been overly easy and I don’t think GAA players should have to go through the hoops like I have. We (players) are doing this because we want to play football or hurling. You want to play at the top level if you’re able to and to have the big rigmarole around something I enjoy was frustrating. All I want to do is play football and live my life quietly, which hasn’t been happening for a few months now. I’m happy to have it over with, so are my family and we can just get back to normal now,” said Johnston.

Everyman and his dog has had an opinion of the Seanie Johnston transfer. Almost daily new rumours surfaced but throughout Johnston kept quiet. He didn’t take the bait. Football and playing it, was all that mattered.

“I’m not really in to talking to the media and I haven’t done it over the last few months and I suppose not everyone has kept as quiet over it. A lot of people have spoken, people who don’t know the truth or the whole facts behind the case. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I started playing football because I loved it and enjoy playing and now I’m looking forward to getting back playing, hopefully, at a high level and performing well,” he added.

Hundreds of other transfers were given the green light before the Cavan man was deemed fit to move to the Stapletown based club. Not once could Johnston, St Kevin’s or indeed Kildare, have ever predicted the circus that followed.

“I thought it would be done and dusted fairly quickly. I didn’t envisage all the rigmarole behind it and I certainly didn’t see today coming. I’m just happy to have everything behind me. I don’t want to be, despite what people might think, in the national press, in the Kildare press or any other type of press. I just want to be playing football,” he admitted.

Johnston added: “I played my first competitive game (for St Kevin’s) about three weeks ago and that was my first game since October. That’s eight months and a lot of other transfers have gone through in that time. Anger is the wrong word but it has been frustrating.”

The fact that, in the end, Johnston had to play hurling for Coill Dubh left a sour taste in many mouths. He didn’t have much choice in the end. And for those that thinks his actions were cynical this afternoon, Johnston had a very valid response.

“For people who think today (and playing hurling for Coill Dubh) casts things in a bad light maybe they should look at all the transfers that have gone through in the last seven or eight months when I’ve been made give things like my wage slips, my PPS number and a whole lot of other government documents. Nothing seemed to be quite enough for the powers that be,” he insisted.

Tomorrow morning Johnston will still be dominating the headlines but at least now he doesn’t have to jump through anymore of those aforementioned hoops. He can play football for Kildare whenever he wants. He will now wait and hope that Kieran McGeeney picks him

Back to top Go down
stanley
Intercounty
Intercounty
stanley

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend.   Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 6:53 pm

Oh and best of luck to Seanie and all the Kildare lads today. I have the greatest respect for anyone willing to give the time and commitment required to play football at the highest level.
Back to top Go down
fargo
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend.   Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 7:14 pm

A new addition to this squalid little guild .
How can Coill Dubh even take themselves seriously into the future , so much for being comitted to upholding hurling in a football area . How can they present themselves to any aspiring elite hurler as having a Jersey thats hard earned . The values of a pub team .
Theyve sold their soul now , i hope its worth it .
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend.   Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 8:27 pm

Considering the power brokers of the GAA bend rules to suit, twist information and details and leak information to their poisonous lick are scribes all under the guise of ethos and amateurism.
They're "soul" is hardly clean. Let's sit back and watch how they react to all future transfers that are submitted.
Funny how your likes consider SJ, Coill Dubh, Kildare CB, Geezer and everybody else associated with assisting Seanie as completely in the wrong. Whilst you believe the GAA and it's warped ethos are completely legit and above board. Paragons of virtue and honesty. Laughable really.

Being on Meath & the haters. We'll laugh at them all!

Last edited by BelieveToAchieve on Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fargo
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend.   Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 8:35 pm

Seanie ? ,do you know him personally ? .What do you mean by " Seanie as completely in the wearing " ,is this some slang term , or colloquialism , ive never heard it before .
Your defence is no more than : dont have any standards for yourself because you percieve others to have none ....Harldly new stuff . But now another entity has been brought into it .
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend.   Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 8:43 pm

And your pathetic reaction to a player getting his long overdue transfer is equally pathetic. Refuse to answer questions whilst questioning others.

The transfer is done and dusted. SJ is a Kildare players. GET OVER IT and find some other scapegoat to write about!
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend.   Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 9:10 pm

KFSam, what in Seanie's name are you talking about. I nearly choked on my Corn Flakes laughing. Circle of trust? Very Happy There might well be a circle of trust but regardless of what we think of Johnston, trust me, neither you or I or will ever be in it. It's called the dressing room.

Can't agree with Ruth that it is done and dusted. Wishful thinking rather than reality given how it has divided people so bitterly when the team is flying (God forbid they should ever struggle and there isn't actually anything else to talk about), given he hasn't played for Kildare yet and given what Coill Dubh did to the hurling championship yesterday and their own name yesterday. We still talk about Tompkins rightly or wrongly, so done and dusted I think not.

BTA you obviously didn't read my last post about you. It asked why every post you make about someone who disagrees with you involves lines of personal abuse. To be honest, tired of it. You can't debate anything without a character assassination. Go back through your posts and you'll see every single time you do it. It is not just me but I've got the brunt of it. I've been asked on here before would I say this stuff to Seanie and I said I would and in fact I have three weeks ago. Well BTA, easy to hide behind a pseudonym, but you know who I am, so why don't you do the same and tell me to my face I am a liar, pathetic, poisonous and so on. Or are you just a mouth hiding behind BTA name. You know my name, but short of not even saying it to my face i bet you won't even tell us who you are. The most abusive posters are always cowards in reality.

And sorry for that unpleasantness, tired of his nasty remarks for weeks. Anyway, had dream last night that Dublin game was first, Wexford were six nil up and a Dublin woman was calling her husband to get me out of front row of seats because Ger Brennan was freetaker and i kept putting him off by shouting how's your mother for sugar during his run up, then second part of dream was Kildare open night in January with Sam in Conleth's. For some reason my living room was next door and i took McGeeney in to debate Johnston and he turned into a mute robot. Ah the championship. I wasn't even drinking last night. Game day routine etc.
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend.   Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 9:51 pm

Afineyoungman wrote:
seanies effing magic,
he wears a magic hat
and when saw st.kevins,
he said i fancy that,
he didnt sign for clane
or straffan cos theyre shite,
he signed for st, kevins
cos theyre effing dynamite

Hey I just met you,
And this seems crazy,
But here's my number,
So call me Seanie if ya fancy toggin out for Coill Dubh in Clane on Saturday to make ya eligible for the footballers
Back to top Go down
lastline
Intercounty
Intercounty
lastline

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend.   Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 8:03 pm

i think the management should have made SJ at least part of the panel yesterday and get this saga over with. cavan in the next round and it wouldnt be the ideal spot to give him a debut. if he was out there yesterday it would be all over and done with now. the circus will continue for at least another two weeks now. more bad handling of this. Mad Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend.   Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend. - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend.
Page 18 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next