Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend.

Go down 
+54
abl
gaaweb
Onhisboot
Horsebox
jnrwhite
walsheman
steviegenius
stanley
Loads of Pints
standhimup
gaaman
fatherted
ccm1
Could'nt Trap Cement
if_in_doubt
rgb
ElGuerrouj
Lily8
Frankel
kartman
Fear An Geata
GaaHead
parcel
TommyKeegan
kickingking
KILL BILL
the big cal
johnsmyth
lilywhites on tour
Stonecold
Admin3
Come on the Boys in Blue
lilysavage
tomcruise
overthebar
Bigfullforward
jj
Taibi
KFSAM
Big Full Back
kelf
SamMaguire
centreback
ripvanwinkle
flourman
hawker
lastline
murof
Ogie
BelieveToAchieve
Cilldara_2000
fargo
Ohtoohtobe
Rex
58 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19
AuthorMessage
fargo
Senior
Senior

Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend. - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend.   Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 8:08 pm

I think you have just elevated understatement to a fine Art LL ,A true classic..... Cavan wouldnt be the ideal spot to give him a debut .
Back to top Go down
Bān go Lēir
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend.   Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 10:04 pm

Noooooo!!!! why Cavan!!?? knew that would happen, its just more fodder for the press to keep the SJ saga dragging on!!

Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend.   Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 12:14 am

i love the way after the hurling match that everyone said "that's it now. done and dusted!"
then we get this draw and it's all up again. lads are a long long long way from moving on.
FFS Larry Thomkins is still an issue and tehre was no twitter, fan forums to keep that going for 20-odd years!
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend.   Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 4:21 am

the question that needs answering is.....if they dont play him,cause its cavan.....and kildare lose,johnston will have left an inter county side and will not have kicked a ball for kildare....with that in mind,i think they will start him!!
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend.   Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 9:08 pm

I reckon he'll play some part anyway. It'll be savage pressure, in the build-up even.

Didn't get time to post this yesterday, it's what Seanie and Tommy Flaherty had to say about the hurling on Saturday and the case in general, with a bit of my opinion thrown in.

http://www.daraghoconchuir.ie/blog.php?id=2174
Back to top Go down
the big cal
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend.   Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 9:21 pm

The gas thing about this saga is that when McGeezer finishes this year seanie will move back
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend.   Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 10:52 pm

Big cal - your talking drivel, how do you know Geezer will finish?, and SJ wont move back after all hes done to get here, this is just WUM drivel.
Back to top Go down
fargo
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend.   Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 10:58 pm

That was always a factor in my opposition to it. only the real dreamers (of which there are many ) would imagine hed stay when Mcgeeney and his crew are gone .
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend.   Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 11:29 pm

id say hes here till he finishes
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend.   Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 11:37 pm

he will be gone when geezer is. why oh why would he be loyal to kevins?
like when geezer is gone he may not be wanted. he cant go back home so he will be with a dub club.
lookin into the future but can't even see him go home.
Back to top Go down
fargo
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend.   Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 11:57 pm

No , maybe manbear pig is onto something ,maybe hes going to get into underage training , fundraising ,go on the comittee , could even run for chairman ....He has an itnerest in these matters after all ...didnt he become players rep for Cavan Gaels back around 7 0r 8 months ago...Just a blip im sure , He ll be Kevins and Coill Dubh to he marrow now . By Jasus there are some fools here .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend.   Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 12:03 am

I tell one thing I agree with here. There are some fools here Fargo.

You've never met him but yet again you are casting aspersions on the man.

People giving out about the media, the vultures in here are just as bad.

No one knows his plans, no one knows McGeeneys plan either for that matter.

Fucking Morons the lot of yee.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend.   Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 12:07 am

Bitter man fargo
Back to top Go down
fargo
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend.   Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 12:20 am

Not at all with ye the whole way lads , this is the new vista , im only seeing the light myself .Merely citing his track record as an administrator , ive never met the guy and i dont think ive ever mentioned his character . It seems by the way ye are talking ye have .
As for you Fionn ,youre the very lad who d be lacing into the players on another thread and questioning their character and committment . Lads who gave everything to the cause for over a decade in some cases . But when i make a reference that you construe to be against Johnston you jump into defend him . Yeah , im going to listen to you calling anyone a vulture ,nothing surer .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend.   Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 12:25 am

I questioned their passion and will to win in relation to the match on Sunday Fargo, a far crie from the drivel you came out with above.

I have nothing but admiration for the Kildare players however performances on the field of play are open for debate.
Back to top Go down
fargo
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend.   Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 12:36 am

So questioning a players will to win is not questioning their character ? , what is it then ? . As for imagining that what happened on Sunday is down to a lack of will to win , well i think that you dont have any right to call anyones post drivel if your making statements like that .
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend.   Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 4:21 am

why can't we question what will happen when geezer is gone?
after all he didnt want to play with kevins at the start?!
lads i don't think anyone here can give out for questioning things that may happen in the future.
i don't think anyone is attacking SJ personally but yet lots of KE fans are up in arms defending a fella with no prvious connections to a county he saw as having a chance to win an All Ireland with.
and please no one come back and ask 'what's wrong with moving to a bigger county to win an All Ireland?!'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend.   Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 5:14 am

Flamingo of you believe fargo's comment on SJ is not a direct attack you are deluded.

It's funny you should mention the word patriotism fargo.

You don't even know the meaning of it. You back neither the manager nor the county board.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend.   Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 5:16 am

So you have to back the manager and county board to be a patriot? I despise the Irish government, does that make me anti-Irish?
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend.   Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 5:59 am

I don't back the manager with regard to this transfer and I think the county board should have nipped this in the bud six months ago. As Kildare GAA people why shouldn't individuals be allowed to question our senior football management's role in this mess and how our county board have come across as spineless throughout?

This whole saga has reflected very badly on Kildare GAA so it's fair game to question their actions and/or inaction.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend.   Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 7:06 am

fargo wrote:
No , maybe manbear pig is onto something ,maybe hes going to get into underage training , fundraising ,go on the comittee , could even run for chairman ....He has an itnerest in these matters after all ...didnt he become players rep for Cavan Gaels back around 7 0r 8 months ago...Just a blip im sure , He ll be Kevins and Coill Dubh to he marrow now . By Jasus there are some fools here .
why dont u join the hogan stand then...i seriously doubt u'd be missed here
Back to top Go down
Admin3
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend.   Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 7:35 am

Lads this thread has just become a battle ground. I know it's a very important subject and posters have strong feelings either way but lets give it a few days so everyone can calm down and give themselves a bit of respite.

The thread will be open for business over the weekend so don't freak out.
Back to top Go down
Admin3
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend.   Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend. - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 5:26 am

I have been asked to add this article to the thread.

http://anglocelt.ie/sport/gaelicfootball/articles/2012/07/04/4011236-no-winners-in-johnston-transfer-mess/

Thread will still remain closed until the weekend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend.   Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend. - Page 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Transfers in The GAA: Temporarily locked until the weekend.
Page 19 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19