Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012

Go down 
+59
bloodsub
Sideline
milltownmary
fargo
johnsmyth
losthope
kildare08
bluetown
the azzuri
Ogie
BelieveToAchieve
homerj
Bad News Baba
lillyboy
Pin High
TommyKeegan
lilysavage
Highball
walsheman
SeamusMurphy
kartman
flourman
murof
Come on the Boys in Blue
footballguru
jim
lastline
LilyWhyte
butterfingers
Frankel
ripvanwinkle
Fear An Geata
archie
Lily8
totalgaa
champ
samhog06
ElGuerrouj
Loads of Pints
Big Full Back
rockman83
kickingking
Flamingo
tomcruise
parcel
naked-lilly
lomond
Taibi
Ohtoohtobe
centreback
topcat
steviegenius
Botch
overthebar
Jimmy winning matches
Horsebox
realmoore
Athyman
Admin
63 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 5:16 pm

I second that one Topcat Smile
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 6:52 pm

I would nearl agree with you Tom cruise if I was from another club, but I think a sash v athy final would be a great game, if Carbury overcome athy and larries beat sash, I would think Carbury would win the final. It is great to be involved at this stage of the season Smile
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 10:26 pm

Easy win for Monasterevin tonight over Robertstown, it was 1-10 to 0-4 when I was leaving. Wayne Fitzpatrick put on a masterclass of shooting particularly in the first half, he has some left peg!. Robertstown were never really in it.

Raheens v Monasterevin in the final.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 10:30 pm

For me it's not hard to call. Anything can happen on the day yes, but going on form It's Athy for me by 5/6 points. Not only on form but individual players wise Athy just simply have more quality all over the field and on the bench.

They we're missing a number of key players against moorefield and still should have won by 6/7 points was it not for wayward shooting. Majority of these Athy lads especially the younger ones know nothing only winning. I expect this to continue tomorrow evening.

Athy by 5/6 . If Feeley is unavailable it could be tighter but Athy will overcome eitherways.
Back to top Go down
LilyWhyte
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 10:46 pm

Agree the availability of Feeley will have a big bearing on the result!! I see he was sent off last weekend for Bohs which i presume is a three game ban.......Unless they had a word with the ref to put it in as two yellows Razz Razz

Athy vs St Laurs final for me.
Back to top Go down
rockman83
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 10:49 pm

I.F.C Semi Final Result

Monasterevan 1-11 Robertstown 0-06
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 11:06 am

Thanks Fionn, everybody is dismissing Carbury which is always dangerous to do, but you are correct on form Athy should shade this match, feely will have a big bearing on The game, it is a shame for athy and kildare that we cannot keep him. It is very important that our forwards preform today as there shooting has been pretty wayward at times and in tight games you have to be putting away your chances. Best of luck to all the teams that are left and may the best team win.
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 11:08 am

Lily whyte thank god for that ref
Back to top Go down
milltownmary
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 11:54 am

Im gonna go for a south county final, therefore Athy by 5 and larries to take it by 3 but I cant see either team to finish with 15 players
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 2:12 pm

What happens now with the minor B and Inter Finals on the same Day, and Monasterevin in both?, Im sure going on last Nights performance Wayne Fitzpatrick will be playing in both Finals,Is there some ruling here, or has it happened previously?
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 4:05 pm

Now there could be more but the last time I remember that happening was at senior, there was a Cribben and a certain McCormack fella, both were on the Clane minor and senior, both finals went ahead the same day
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 4:08 pm

If they do go ahead on the same they surely he won't feature for the minors as he was Monasterevin's main forward last night.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 6:23 pm

It happened with Allenwood and Na Fianna, the name is gone from me, Jason Judge? Started semi-final, would have started final, but was captain of the minors so played the minors. In fact the decision was taken that he should very definitely play with his age group.... anyway, given all precedent, they will be on the same day. Very tough on Wayne Fitzpatrick though.
Back to top Go down
Sideline
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 6:47 pm

Carbury 15pts
Athy 12pts

It shows how wide open the Kildare Championship is this year. Also shows me that Moorefield are a finished team and well and truely past it. Laurences will beat Sarsfields tomorrow as they are overall a more balanced team than Sarsfields
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 7:06 pm

Oh ye of little faith were correct, we were outplayed and outfought by Carbury, we were left with a mountain to climb going 8 points down in the second half, fair dues to athy we did not give up but the scoreline does not lie, congratulations to Carbury they will be a very difficult team to beat, athy may have to get a bit mor cynical In there play, having said that our team will only get better over the next few years. Turn up for the books if it is a Carbury V larries final.

I could not understand how our manager started a 37 year old in the forward line and left Reynolds and o Keeffe on the bench, our full back was getting a roasting when we changed it the damage had been done, we have had a good season and hopefully we will be back next year, a year older and wiser Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 7:34 pm

Ogie Sash Larries played a minor final in around 2005 on the same day as intermediate final as Chalky and Smythy were playing both...
Back to top Go down
bloodsub
Intercounty
Intercounty
bloodsub

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 8:28 pm

umpireonditch wrote:
Ogie Sash Larries played a minor final in around 2005 on the same day as intermediate final as Chalky and Smythy were playing both...

Both teams agreed that year as Larries had John Fogarty, Shaun Murphy and Karl O'Brien involved in both.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 9:51 pm

In 2005 both clubs were involved in the senior and minor finals so getting agreement would not have been overly difficult, I am not sure who Monasterevin are playing in the minor final but if they are not open to change it may be more difficult to get the game moved.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 11:47 am

Great win for Carbury. They have been tipping away quite nicely under the radar this year and they showed us all yesterday what they're capable of. Athy have not played up to their potential all year apart from their defeat of Moorefield. They couldn't replicate that performance yesterday and were up against a team with quality forwards. Eoghan O'Flaherty was excellent for Carbury.

Athy have suffered from second season syndrome this year. I can see them bouncing back stronger next year with renewed hunger.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 3:48 pm

sarsfields 1-11 larries 1-9
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 5:40 pm

Great day for the lads, delighted they proved that they can come through on the right side of a tough battle, fair play to Larries they really put it up to us, hopefully that game will stand to us against Carbury who are the only unbeaten teamin the competition and have come through both Athy and Larries to get here and also posses the top scorer in the competition. I will leave the analysis for another day, have to just enjoy today first!!
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 6:51 pm

Fair comment kicking king, we were very flat yesterday, Carbury really deserved there win, they had the better forwards on the day, I thought after the clane and Moorefield game that we could win it again but it was a false dawn, you are correct our lads will give it a good rattle next year, and have yet to reach there peak which will be in 4/5 years. I hope now that Carbury will go on and give a good account of themselves in the final.

Well done to the Sash it was put up to them and they responded with a good win, IMO the best team in kildare at the moment, it will be an intriguing final and too close to call, good luck to both teams.
Back to top Go down
BarrowSideBlue
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 12:16 am

Sash v Carbury has the makings of a great final, nothing much between both teams with Sarsfields probably slight favourites.
Carbury will be very hungry after their final defeat last year though. No matter who wins I expect a great game in 2 weeks time
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 9:08 am

Great win for Carbury. Many thanks to Athy for a super game and were great losers. It is always great when you win but the Athy management , players and supporters were very sporting after the game. It is the Sash now who will be favourites for the final as a lot of folk have been tipping them all year. I only hope that last years loss spurs us on and we can do it. I am really looking forward to the 21 October.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 11:32 am

I think most Athy supporters would like to see Carbury win it now. No one likes to see a club lose 2 in a row. After O'Flaherty landed that long range free early on I had a feeling that it was going to be one of those days when he domitated affairs. That no 13, Kevin McNamarra? I think looked very promising, bit small maybe for county level but fast and accurate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012
Page 14 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next