Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012

Go down 
+59
bloodsub
Sideline
milltownmary
fargo
johnsmyth
losthope
kildare08
bluetown
the azzuri
Ogie
BelieveToAchieve
homerj
Bad News Baba
lillyboy
Pin High
TommyKeegan
lilysavage
Highball
walsheman
SeamusMurphy
kartman
flourman
murof
Come on the Boys in Blue
footballguru
jim
lastline
LilyWhyte
butterfingers
Frankel
ripvanwinkle
Fear An Geata
archie
Lily8
totalgaa
champ
samhog06
ElGuerrouj
Loads of Pints
Big Full Back
rockman83
kickingking
Flamingo
tomcruise
parcel
naked-lilly
lomond
Taibi
Ohtoohtobe
centreback
topcat
steviegenius
Botch
overthebar
Jimmy winning matches
Horsebox
realmoore
Athyman
Admin
63 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 9:56 pm

Was at the Carbury Athy game it was a great game to watch very exciting for both set of supporters fair play to Carbury they have improved a lot from last year.

Athyman I was talking to a few of the Carbury boys and they were all very grateful for the speech your manager gave after the game in the Carbury huddle.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 3:39 am

Its great to see the reemergence of Carbury, Raheens and Monasterevin.
When was the last time These Teams won Senior (Carbury), Inter (Raheens / Monasterevin).
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 3:55 am

Why would Wayne Fitz not play for his Minor Team TAIBI ?, Surely this would / should be his priority ?
I cant understand why its set / cant be changed (Minor B and Inter Finals) on the same Day ?, The C Final always was on before the Junior A Final, but not this Year.
Its unfortunite especially as the GAA talk about player welfare and player burn out.
Probably be a tug of war between theIr Minor and Senior Managers now.
Anyway looking forward to some cracking Finals in the coming weeks, Minor / Inter / and Senior.
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 4:47 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Its great to see the reemergence of Carbury, Raheens and Monasterevin.
When was the last time These Teams won Senior (Carbury), Inter (Raheens / Monasterevin).

Carbury last won Senior in 1985.

Raheens last won Intermediate in 1958 but won a host of Senior titles since then, the last of which was 1981.

Monasterevin last won Intermediate in 1971 and last won Senior in 1977.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 5:00 am

Was at both Senior Semi Finals at the weekend. Carbury were well worth their win. Athy's only scores in the first half were free's. Carbury kept Athy out and pressurised them in around the middle and half forward line not giving them time to pick out running forwards. This cut out the dangerous balls into the forward line. In the 2nd half the 6 mins mins at the start of the half were magic by Carbury. They kicked some great points and Eoghan Flats was like "Phil Taylor picking out Bullseye on the dartboard." Athy got back into it but at 9 points down it was a bridge too far. O'Keeffe and Mulhall kicked a few good points and it looked like the spark they needed but they couldn't get any nearer than a couple of points and Carbury got the upper hand again and finished the stronger. I thought Athy left Foley back too long and didn't get him forward. All credit to Carbury, take the two goals out of last years final and they'd have won by 2 but this year they thoroughly deserved the victory.
After a scrappy first half with a lot of off the ball and niggling, Sarsfields got their act together and finished very strong to overcome St. Laurences. At half time I thought St. Laurences would take the wind advantage and see off Sarsfields but after two well worked goals by both teams Sarsfields got on top and never looked back. I felt the introduction of McDonnell swung it for Sarsfields. He was more effective in the air than Brown and if he didn't catch high balls he knocked down 3 or 4 to his teammates. Looking forward to the final... It's going to be a tough one to call. Carbury full back had his hands full and he won't get much change from Confrey if he continues the way he finished on Sun. (grest knockdown for Smith's goal and some great fielding). Eoghan and Morgan Flats were at the centre of everything and they'll take alot of marking. I would love to see Carbury come out on top this year but I predicted Sarsfields at the beginning of the year and as league champions they are there on merit too... Hopefully it will be a good game and looking forward to Sun. week.
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 7:00 am

I hope Carbury go on and win this year it was heartbreaking for them last year , IMO Sarsfield are the most consistent team in kildare at the moment but I think that Carbury will win, all of Athy will be rooting for them, it would have been an injustice to Carbury if we had drawn that game as we did not deserve to win, we were far to flat, been county champs may have weighed a lot on our lads young shoulders, but be assured Athy will be back hungrier and better than ever. Good luck to both teams I think it will be a great final, my heart and head says Carbury:)
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 7:04 am

The heart hopes and says Carbury, but the head tells me how difficult it is to beat the Sash when they get to these big deciders. I really do hope and wish Carbury win though.

As for this Monasterevin thing. Is this all just idle chat about their minor player? Surely the club isn't actually looking to have the minor game changed?
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 7:19 am

Seamus, were you at the the Monasterevin and Robertstown semi final? If you were you will know how vital he was to them winning, they are a good solid team but lack in serious scoring forwards and that's exactly what Fitzpatrick is. I'm sure Monasterevin will be looking to get it changed.

Delighted to see Carbury winning on Saturday, they are a pretty small club and yet they somehow produce excellent senior teams. Their minor team this year are competing in the C championship. Like everyone else I would love to see them winning the final. That's not the last we've seen of that Athy team though, they will win more county titles I'm pretty sure of that, Feely or no Feely.

Back to top Go down
rockman83
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 8:20 am

Can't see any changes been made now the fixtures are set.
Minor C final, Minor B final and intermediate final all down for newbridge on Saturday and just the Leinster junior game on Sunday surely the minor B could have been put on before the junior game?
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 8:26 am

Why should there be change? Are St. Laurence's expected to reschedule all their plans just because Monasterevan have one of their minors on the senior team?
Back to top Go down
BarrowSideBlue
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 8:35 am

BelieveToAchieve wrote:
Why should there be change? Are St. Laurence's expected to reschedule all their plans just because Monasterevan have one of their minors on the senior team?
There is no change, minor at 2 30, Inter at 4 30
Back to top Go down
rockman83
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 8:42 am

Not at this stage no just think a bit of common sence could of been used when the fixtures were been done. St. Laurences are well within their rights to stand their ground.
The player has started one game for Monasterevin's first team so I think its a bit of an insult to the rest of their players to suggest that he is vital to them winning the game.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 9:22 am

Niall Colgan down to ref the Senior final. Very good referee!
Back to top Go down
lastline
Intercounty
Intercounty
lastline

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 7:28 pm

Sunday 14th October 2012
AIB Leinster Club JFC @ 3-00pm Extra Time must be played if sides finish level
At St Conleths Park…Clogherinkoe (CillDara) v Newtowncashel (Longphort)

hope the lads get as much support from the copunty as possible. the last number of years has seen alot of away games in leinster at this grade.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 9:44 pm

I think your point is a good one ROCKMAN83, But I cant agree with TAIBI that a young lad would not play with his Minor Team, and play for his Ssenior Club only. I would be pretty sure in our Club he would play Minor first. Or am I completly wrong ?
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 6:21 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
I think your point is a good one ROCKMAN83, But I cant agree with TAIBI that a young lad would not play with his Minor Team, and play for his Ssenior Club only. I would be pretty sure in our Club he would play Minor first. Or am I completly wrong ?
I really don't know Seamus it's a tough one for the lad although it is a good problem to have. Maybe they will leave it to himself to decide what he wants to do. At a guess I'd say he will probably play the minor match and maybe come off the bench for the seniors. He is one to watch for the future for sure.

Am I right in saying he is minor again next year?
Back to top Go down
BarrowSideBlue
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 6:27 am

Taibi wrote:
SeamusMurphy wrote:
I really don't know Seamus it's a tough one for the lad although it is a good problem to have. Maybe they will leave it to himself to decide what he wants to do. At a guess I'd say he will probably play the minor match and maybe come off the bench for the seniors. He is one to watch for the future for sure.

Am I right in saying he is minor again next year?
He is
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 12:06 am

Id say thats exactly what will happen TAIBI. Great occasion for all involved with Monasterevan Club to have both their teams in the Finals, and It is a special occasion to have them both on the same Day whatever we might think. And great to see the once mighty Raheens back in a County Final, the County needs the likes of Carbury, Raheens and Monasterevin doing well IMO.
Its interesting too for South Kildare and near neighbours, that Rathangan (C), Monasterevin (B), and Towers (A) are In the County Minor Finals.
Back to top Go down
the young lad
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 2:28 am

i thing monasterevin will beat raheens by 6 / 8 pints
Back to top Go down
naked-lilly
Senior
Senior
naked-lilly

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 4:04 am

i think raheens are a bit better than that young monasterevin lad
Back to top Go down
the young lad
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 4:15 am

lilly im not a young monasterevin lad or am an old monasterevin lad.iv cn them both play and its how i think it will go imo........ sunday wks game more important 2 me.
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 6:26 pm

Not giving Raheens the respect they deserve at all. They have beaten the division 1 teams and main contenders to get to this final. They'll take beating. Good final for all neutrals.

As for this minor player. Of course he must concentrate on his own age group and try win the minor title for them. Should he be allowed to choose what he plays? No way in hell. His minor team mates have qualified for this minor final just the same as he has. They deserve the same consideration & respect. Let him spill his guts in the minor final and if he has enough left in the tank for 15 or 20 mins in the intermediate - then so be it
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 7:11 pm

Before reading some of these comments , I would like to see Raheens winning but now I will be shouting for them. A great club with great tradition. 10 Senior County titles in the bag. Whatever happens , they will give it their all.

Best of luck to Carbury minors in the C final. Rathangan deserve to be favourites but it is all on the day.
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 10:03 pm

What club is Niall Colgan come from he is reffing the senior final next weekend and I never heard of him?
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 10:34 pm

He is from Monasterevin, reffed the League final earlier in the year and did a very good job of that game, he has been reffing the last few years and not too many people would have many complaints.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012   Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Senior, Intermediate and Junior Club Championship 2012
Page 15 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next