Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PLAYER WATCH

Go down 
+35
Bad News Baba
murof
White Bridge
ElGuerrouj
ripvanwinkle
analysis
egocentric
kelf
lillyboy
tomcruise
losthope
BelieveToAchieve
patw14
archie
Ohtoohtobe
flourman
Ogie
johnsmyth
samhog06
Fear An Geata
lilywhites on tour
bob12
lomond
Botch
Big Full Back
Taibi
overthebar
realmoore
Highball
Athyman
Horsebox
topcat
SeamusMurphy
lastline
Flamingo
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PLAYER WATCH - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PLAYER WATCH   PLAYER WATCH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 3:17 am

Is Podge Fogarty mobile enough for midfield ? He's another big man with plenty of ability.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: PLAYER WATCH   PLAYER WATCH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 3:59 am

I dont think Tommy or Podge are mobile enough for midfield at inter county level IMO.
The engine Tommy posessed a few Year ago at Minor seems to have gone, and Podge was never a midfielder.
Back to top Go down
samhog06
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: PLAYER WATCH   PLAYER WATCH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 7:38 pm

Tried to get to most games at the weekend lads. Was at the Naas and Leixlip game and i have to say i thought Tommy Moolick had an excellent game. Lorded it at midfield over the Naas pair and was a great link man between the two 50's. Was also at the Eadestown v Ballyteague game before the athy V Allenwood match and i have to say i was very impressed with Cian Bolton. Hes only 21 remember. he led the line on his own with what looked like an injury and scored 1-2 or 1-3 i think. Emmet didnt have the best of games and looked to be carrying an injury also so had to admire a young lad like that carrying Eadestown over the line. I was at their league final last year and the two Boltons were immense especially Cian think he kicked 2-4 or 2-5 that day. what about Kevin Feeley lads what a talent!! Dominated midfield and theres not a pick on him was great to see!
Back to top Go down
johnsmyth
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: PLAYER WATCH   PLAYER WATCH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 8:21 pm

How did Niall Kelly play, is he still a bit young for senior? If he's able to play senior championship then I would not see any problem in bringing him on to the senior panel. He may be small but has all other attributes, other county teams dont seem to have a problem blooding younger lads?
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: PLAYER WATCH   PLAYER WATCH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 10:44 pm

I though Feeley is not available to the senior squad due to his soccer committments.?
I thought Bolton led the line very well and could of had more scores. Might need to improve his shot selection but I dont mind that in a forward. He always has a go and will improve in my opinion
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: PLAYER WATCH   PLAYER WATCH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 10:45 pm

I think Niall Kelly's game would have to develop a lot to be playing at senior inter-county level but he certainly has the skills. It seems that Paul Cribbin might be available though, as he has been released by Collingwood. I don't know if he is looking to stay over there in either a playing capacity, or otherwise, but if he comes home, that would surely be a big boost. He'd still be U21 next year!
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: PLAYER WATCH   PLAYER WATCH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 10:48 pm

Why was Cribbin released? Was he not doing well?
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: PLAYER WATCH   PLAYER WATCH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 11:09 pm

Hope he does come back a serious talent / not sure of his performances - but going out on the lash months back and getting a kicking I guess would not have been viewed too kindly / although not saying that's why he was released.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: PLAYER WATCH   PLAYER WATCH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 2:21 am

The term of his contract had completed and obviously he hadn't done enough for them to think he was worth offering another. He was doing okay, got a stress fracture last year and then missed a few weeks after being blind-sided in Melbourne. (I don't think actually being on the piss and getting a belt would have been an issue in itself as it's not as if it was a regular occurrence). Collingwood are one of the best teams in the AFL. Very hard for someone taking up the game at 18 to break through. Clarke has fallen out of the team again but they are very excited about Mooney. There is still the possibility a club in the bottom half of the table might consider him given he has two years done now.

I don't know if he's considering giving that a go, or if he just mightn't be arsed coming home given the lack of work and shitty weather. But maybe he'll come home, get J'bridge over the line in the county championship and have the same sort of impact for Kildare as Mickey Quinn had for Longford and Clarke had with Down (in his first year anyway).
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: PLAYER WATCH   PLAYER WATCH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 2:27 am

Will be a massive boost when/if Cribbin returns.
As for midfield, to me the obvious man to try as a partner for Darryl Flynn is Tomas O'Connor.
Back to top Go down
archie
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: PLAYER WATCH   PLAYER WATCH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 2:29 am

As for midfield, to me the obvious man to try as a partner for Darryl Flynn is Tomas O'Connor

Not apparently if you were at the Moorefield match.
Eoin Naughton went off injured and Tomas moved out but did not shine.
Back to top Go down
patw14
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: PLAYER WATCH   PLAYER WATCH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 3:42 am

yeah BFB i thought Barry Noone did well too seems to have got back to form after his injury and kicked some nice scores. Ray Cahill was the same scored 5 or 6 from play, they were the stand out players. what age are both? And Ronan Sweeney was brillant too but always seems to be in championship for the Moors.
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: PLAYER WATCH   PLAYER WATCH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 5:06 am

Kevin feely is having a weeks trial at Charlton at the moment, he will not be available for the gaa shortly.
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: PLAYER WATCH   PLAYER WATCH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 5:12 am

Only a matter of time before Niall Kelly plays snr for Kildare, in this forum I told people to watch out for him in the snr champship , he may be small but he is as tough as nails , may need another year at senior level then call him up.
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: PLAYER WATCH   PLAYER WATCH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 7:27 am

Ha ha you told this forum to watch practically ALL the Athy players!
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: PLAYER WATCH   PLAYER WATCH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 8:53 am

Bta you caught me out again Smile bounce
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: PLAYER WATCH   PLAYER WATCH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 12:15 am

Lads Niall Kelly is a fair bit away IMO from making it as a senior inter county player, and its not his size, he needs to become more of a team player.
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: PLAYER WATCH   PLAYER WATCH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 4:53 am

Would agree regarding Kelly, has a bit to go yet. One thing puzzles me, with Kildare's midfield being so bad for.... 2 years now, how could anyone dismiss Tommie Moolick as a option without even trying him, I've read and heard all the opinions about why he would not be good enough and all of those reasons can be applied to most of the guys currently playing there. In my opinion he is good enough for a central role and I would even consider him as a 6
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: PLAYER WATCH   PLAYER WATCH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 5:14 am

We should give molick a go in midfield, but I am sure he has played there in training games for Kildare , if he was our answer at midfield he would have been given a go.
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: PLAYER WATCH   PLAYER WATCH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 5:18 am

Seamus murphy I agree with your statement, he needs to bring other players into the game, I beleive the Kildare minor management were working on that with him, still he has got all the correct credentials to be a county senior one day .
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: PLAYER WATCH   PLAYER WATCH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 7:57 pm

I would not mind a forward being a little single minded. If he has teh skill and confidence to have a go then have a go. Most of the top forwards have it and develop ther more general game as they go along.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: PLAYER WATCH   PLAYER WATCH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 8:24 pm

Meant to post this yesterday re Cribbin. Wonder will he be home for the club championship?

http://www.daraghoconchuir.ie/blog.php?id=2263
Back to top Go down
lastline
Intercounty
Intercounty
lastline

PostSubject: Re: PLAYER WATCH   PLAYER WATCH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 8:37 pm

the price of an airline ticket home might just get the bridge across the line this yaer. would be a massive addition to them. fierce nice fella with a brilliant attitude. hope this will be the start of something maybe not bigger but hopefully better for him.
Back to top Go down
johnsmyth
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: PLAYER WATCH   PLAYER WATCH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 9:00 pm

Botch wrote:
I would not mind a forward being a little single minded. If he has teh skill and confidence to have a go then have a go. Most of the top forwards have it and develop ther more general game as they go along.

Agree with that Botch, its one asset that should never be knocked out of a forward. While playing as part of a team can be coached, ability and confidence in taking on responsibility can also be knocked out of lads. I know he's young but what I saw of him he has the ability. Are we a bit slow in Kildare to move young lads in and give them the opportunity. Donegal gave Mcbrearty his debut as a 17 or 18 year old and he has grown both physically and as a team player.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: PLAYER WATCH   PLAYER WATCH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 3:08 am

Not denying that athyman, please God he will develop that side of his game, We need as many talented forwards as possible coming trough.
Some of thoses Minor forwards this year including Kelly look to be naturals, and great to see them being able to kick with both feet, which is a huge plus for any top notch forward to have. As it is now, and looking now like it might be an all Leinster All Ireland minor Final, maybe we were just bloody unlucky to meet an exeptional Dublin Team.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PLAYER WATCH   PLAYER WATCH - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PLAYER WATCH
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next