Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PLAYER WATCH

Go down 
+35
Bad News Baba
murof
White Bridge
ElGuerrouj
ripvanwinkle
analysis
egocentric
kelf
lillyboy
tomcruise
losthope
BelieveToAchieve
patw14
archie
Ohtoohtobe
flourman
Ogie
johnsmyth
samhog06
Fear An Geata
lilywhites on tour
bob12
lomond
Botch
Big Full Back
Taibi
overthebar
realmoore
Highball
Athyman
Horsebox
topcat
SeamusMurphy
lastline
Flamingo
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PLAYER WATCH - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PLAYER WATCH   PLAYER WATCH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 8:21 pm

Hugh Lynch was very good for Confey. His fielding was outstanding. Their no.13 was good too. One of the McCanns. Eoghan O'Flaherty kicked some great scores for Carbury and Terry Rossiter scored a great goal. It was a real battle and thank God we held out as Confey were very well organised. Given the five teams left , the senior championship will be hard won.

Carbury will be underdogs against either Athy or Moorefield . The Sash will be favourites to beat the Larries but it will not be easy. Too hard to pick the winner at this stage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PLAYER WATCH   PLAYER WATCH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 2:37 am

Mikey Conway put on an exhibition of football against Robertstown on Saturday evening.

I like the look of Paddy Brophy for Celbridge, for his age he has serious presence about him.
Back to top Go down
lastline
Intercounty
Intercounty
lastline

PostSubject: Re: PLAYER WATCH   PLAYER WATCH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 2:50 am

FionnMcCool wrote:
Mikey Conway put on an exhibition of football against Robertstown on Saturday evening.

I like the look of Paddy Brophy for Celbridge, for his age he has serious presence about him.

Mickey must have being on his own if he was outstanding and nurney were still bet by 10pts. heard joe kavanagh was the main man in that game
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PLAYER WATCH   PLAYER WATCH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 2:57 am

As a matter of interest lastline were you at the game on Saturday?
Back to top Go down
lastline
Intercounty
Intercounty
lastline

PostSubject: Re: PLAYER WATCH   PLAYER WATCH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 3:25 am

no fionn didnt make it. our lads were in semi in st conleths and our neighbours jtb were playing after so we stayed on to watch that. i hear the House are flying. what did robertstown look like. they are always a good side in c/ship for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: PLAYER WATCH   PLAYER WATCH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 7:11 am

Conway was brilliant on Saturday as he has been for us in the last few games. He plays a very deep defensive mid field role and does a lot of unselfish work. His passing and free taking is brilliant. He makes a huge difference to us when he's playing.

There's not much between us and Robertstown. Huge turning point in the second half was we hit the crossbar with a shot that would have giving us the lead then they went down an scored 2 goals in 2 minutes.

Kavanagh was very good alright.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: PLAYER WATCH   PLAYER WATCH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 1:20 am

Now that the dust is settling on the championship have any new gems come to light? would be interesting to pick a team of the championship from non Kildare seniors and let them play a challenge v a Kildare selection
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: PLAYER WATCH   PLAYER WATCH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 2:13 am

Great idea lillyboy.
Why dont you kick it off there.
Back to top Go down
thehouse
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: PLAYER WATCH   PLAYER WATCH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 3:51 am

The white stars. What ever happened them? Would be a good revenue raising idea if played at the correct time of year. As soon as teams are out of Leinster club would suit best I would think.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: PLAYER WATCH   PLAYER WATCH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 5:07 am

1. Patrick O'Sullivan
2. John Doran
3. Jason Brosnan
4. Conor Duffy
5. Brian O'Flaherty
6. Daryl O'Brien
7. Conor Tiernan
8. Damien Leeson
9. Lenny Havens
10. Noel Byrne
11. Ray Cahill
12. Ciaran Gravin
13. Chris Healy
14. Shane Harte
15. Cathal NcNally

Very hard to pick that team considering county players were to the fore throughout the championship. O'Flaherty x2, White, Smith, Peter Kelly and Kevin Feely been the main men.
Back to top Go down
BarrowSideBlue
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: PLAYER WATCH   PLAYER WATCH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 10:21 am

Just from my club now , John Dempsey , Eoin Stapleton and Paul Kelly had a great championships. I did'nt see a great deal of the championship other than the teams we played in the intermediate so i could'nt name a full team.
Back to top Go down
ripvanwinkle
Senior
Senior
ripvanwinkle

PostSubject: Re: PLAYER WATCH   PLAYER WATCH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 9:15 pm

people have very short memories and would have to disagree totally. Smith was absolutely anonymous in the championship up till the semis.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: PLAYER WATCH   PLAYER WATCH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 9:46 pm

The White Stars, dear to my heart as I set them up. I was sorry to see them go
Back to top Go down
thehouse
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: PLAYER WATCH   PLAYER WATCH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 9:57 pm

They were, and still would be a good idea if geezer and co took it serious.It would have to be played this side of Christmas with a decent kildare team. Would it still work do you think Ogie?
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: PLAYER WATCH   PLAYER WATCH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 10:46 pm

Fair play to you TAIBI for having a go.. I wouldnt know where to start, exept for my own Club who had a poor Championship, and obviously no stand outs.
Back to top Go down
wingback
Senior
Senior

Location : Two Mile House and Poulaphouca, Blacktrench, Cutbush and Boolea

PostSubject: Re: PLAYER WATCH   PLAYER WATCH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 11:37 pm

Afineyoungman wrote:
people have very short memories and would have to disagree totally. Smith was absolutely anonymous in the championship up till the semis.

but he made the difference when it counted, id rather him anonymous in the opening round and show up in the final.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: PLAYER WATCH   PLAYER WATCH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 1:16 am

Wat also happened was that because Ray Cahill was playing so well up to that, he seemed to attract more attention than Smithy who was then afforded more space and was excellent in the 2 biggest games of the year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PLAYER WATCH   PLAYER WATCH - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PLAYER WATCH
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4