Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

McGeeney confirmed as Kildare Senior and U21 Manager for 2013

Go down 
+23
Highball
TommyKeegan
tomcruise
Big Full Back
losthope
overthebar
kartman
Bad News Baba
NK
Fear An Geata
SeamusMurphy
Jimmy winning matches
lillyboy
Stonecold
flourman
White Bridge
steviegenius
johnsmyth
Ogie
if_in_doubt
MD
kickingking
Taibi
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

McGeeney confirmed as Kildare Senior and U21 Manager for 2013 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: McGeeney confirmed as Kildare Senior and U21 Manager for 2013   McGeeney confirmed as Kildare Senior and U21 Manager for 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 5:19 am

By the way, that's not a shot at him, totally right to go, young man with three young children furthering his career with a big pay-day. Fair play to him.
Back to top Go down
thehouse
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney confirmed as Kildare Senior and U21 Manager for 2013   McGeeney confirmed as Kildare Senior and U21 Manager for 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 5:48 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
Three days a week, and the commute from Glasgow to Donegal is quite awkward..
Just listening to Martin Kearney on the last word and he says the commute is quite easy. 35 mins to airport with 5 flights daily so if that's the case shouldn't be too bad.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney confirmed as Kildare Senior and U21 Manager for 2013   McGeeney confirmed as Kildare Senior and U21 Manager for 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 9:32 am

Five flights daily? Thing he has it confused with Heathrow. Open to correction but Flybe operate four flights a week to Donegal Airport from Glasgow (Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday, all in the mornings) while Ryanair offer one return morning or early afternoon flight a day to Derry. Between airport security, showing up 90 minutes early for flights in Scotland, the hour drive to Ballybofey from airports, the timing of flights, just don't think any man could have the energy to put into it as he did last year. And you can be sure, given Celtic want him to do with their youth system what he did with Donegal, he'll be taking some work home with him.
Back to top Go down
Oneill
Junior A
Junior A
Oneill

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney confirmed as Kildare Senior and U21 Manager for 2013   McGeeney confirmed as Kildare Senior and U21 Manager for 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 9:34 am

I'm sure Dermot Desmond will have a private plane available for Jimmy
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney confirmed as Kildare Senior and U21 Manager for 2013   McGeeney confirmed as Kildare Senior and U21 Manager for 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 9:59 am

Private plane for a youth development manager - I believe we are overstating his position! Could be wrong.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney confirmed as Kildare Senior and U21 Manager for 2013   McGeeney confirmed as Kildare Senior and U21 Manager for 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 10:04 am

Oneill wrote:
I'm sure Dermot Desmond will have a private plane available for Jimmy

A private plane for a youth development officer/motivational speaker in his first year in the position after coming on board from the GAA, an amateur sport?

I'm not so sure Oneill.

Agree Tommy. Can't see how it will work. Heard some people citing its no different to working a full time job. Well its not like he's taching in a primary school in Lifford. He has to commute to a different country a few times a week. A completely professional outfit where given his wages and position will demand them to be his first priority. No like managing the local Supervalu where you are hero worshiped and can come and go as you please.

In saying that he will learn a great deal from the professional set up in Celtic.
Back to top Go down
thehouse
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney confirmed as Kildare Senior and U21 Manager for 2013   McGeeney confirmed as Kildare Senior and U21 Manager for 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 9:56 pm

Yes it looks like your correct on that one Tommy. Presumably he will take those 3 flights from Donegal airport. That would leave him doing a hell of a lot of rushing around. Something has to suffer alright and I'd say it'll be Donegal.
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney confirmed as Kildare Senior and U21 Manager for 2013   McGeeney confirmed as Kildare Senior and U21 Manager for 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 10:14 pm

I may be wrong but is he not going to miss one if not more training sessions. Did he also not build the teams foundations on total loyalty and dedication. I can't think a player would get far if he told McGuinness he was going to miss one session or more a week. For me a crack has now formed and it's only time before it becomes big enough to collapse the foundations.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney confirmed as Kildare Senior and U21 Manager for 2013   McGeeney confirmed as Kildare Senior and U21 Manager for 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 12:54 am

Where did the 3 or 4 day week come from ?

I was watching Neil Lennon on Sky and I'm sure he said 2 days?

Of course I may be getting deaf in old age !!!

Back to top Go down
Gaffer
Intermediate
Intermediate
Gaffer

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney confirmed as Kildare Senior and U21 Manager for 2013   McGeeney confirmed as Kildare Senior and U21 Manager for 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 5:45 am

Last time I looked this tread was supposed to be about ,"McGeeney confirmed as Kildare Senior and U21 Manager for 2013 ...... Can all those that have got side tracked explain to me where does it say celtic, McGuiness in the heading on this tread ??????????????????? Their is always the option to set up your own tread on this, ... also their is the option of going to specsavers Very Happy lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney confirmed as Kildare Senior and U21 Manager for 2013   McGeeney confirmed as Kildare Senior and U21 Manager for 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

McGeeney confirmed as Kildare Senior and U21 Manager for 2013
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3