Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Leinster championship 2013

Go down 
+76
OutTheGap
the young lad
nuxer
kidkildare
realist
rob11
Cilldara_2000
disano
Sammy13
Big Full Back
inexile
Highball
Stonecold
MD
lillyboy
Pin High
the azzuri
Lily8
Carburyhill
abl
Kaiser Sóze
Dr No
TommyKeegan
Could'nt Trap Cement
baldyboy
carburyman
Bad News Baba
hawker
steviegenius
kelf
athytillidie
shoutitout
Admin3
ixus
Athyman
johnsmyth
jim
Fear An Geata
SamMaguire
KFSAM
if_in_doubt
walsheman
Ned
ex pat
Onhisboot
Frankel
coffeybrendan
tomoneillandhissisteranne
overthebar
Ohtoohtobe
SeamusMurphy
Sam1928
centreback
Taibi
BelieveToAchieve
KILL BILL
Loads of Pints
Flamingo
bag of white
makcer
Come on the Boys in Blue
naked-lilly
flourman
bob12
Horsebox
lilywhites on tour
Rex
Ogie
kildaregaa365
stanley
kickingking
topcat
jimmers
murof
Kildare98
Jimmy winning matches
80 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage

Leinster championship  2013    - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leinster championship 2013    Leinster championship  2013    - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 11:59 pm

Eamon O'Callaghan has been announced as Captain for the 2013 Championship.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster championship 2013    Leinster championship  2013    - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 12:42 am

Welcome the decision to make Leper captain, a great footballer and a leader on the pitch. Hurley should start against Offaly and then judge him on a championship performance. We have had problems in midfield for the last 3 years and need to play someone who is not required elsewhere such as JD or Foley.

I would like to see Eoin Doyle play at 6 but would worry about him if Cribben and Bolton are bombing forward at every oppurtunity. There really has to be a better understanding on who goes forward and who covers for them when they do. Donegal have perfected this and it works.

And finally we really need to to clinical in front of goal. Tyrone had a lot of scoring oppurtuinities yesterday but Donegal took their goals so well. I think we will need to be scoring at least 2 goals a game to have any chance this year as we kick so many wides. As others have said we need a different approch this year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leinster championship 2013    Leinster championship  2013    - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 12:50 am

murof wrote:
Welcome the decision to make Leper captain, a great footballer and a leader on the pitch. Hurley should start against Offaly and then judge him on a championship performance. We have had problems in midfield for the last 3 years and need to play someone who is not required elsewhere such as JD or Foley.

I would like to see Eoin Doyle play at 6 but would worry about him if Cribben and Bolton are bombing forward at every oppurtunity. There really has to be a better understanding on who goes forward and who covers for them when they do. Donegal have perfected this and it works.

And finally we really need to to clinical in front of goal. Tyrone had a lot of scoring oppurtuinities yesterday but Donegal took their goals so well. I think we will need to be scoring at least 2 goals a game to have any chance this year as we kick so many wides. As others have said we need a different approch this year.

I'd like to see Donegal's scoring stats but I would say very few if any were outside of McStays hotzone.

I believe they only had 3 wides, therefore they amassed 15 scoring chances and from this scoring 2-10.

That's quite an impressive return. But its no coincidence that they were so efficient in front of goals.

They moved the ball at pace and into scoring positions taking on the percentage shots and never attempting haymakers from impossible angles.

This suggests to me that Jim McGuinness has prepared Donegal for any potential team trying to adapt to their strategy last year. Expecting teams to set themselvess up differently and defensively against Donegal McGuinness has made them more efficient and prolific in front of goals and once again tight as usual at the back.

They will be hard beaten but for some reason if we were drawn against them I would not fear them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leinster championship 2013    Leinster championship  2013    - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 2:23 am

Hurleys absence is only short time only miss the Offaly game
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster championship 2013    Leinster championship  2013    - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 4:59 am

Suspension agreed by all panel members. No matter how good he's been playing, he still must follow the guidelines - like very other panel member.

Somebody quoted a line here recently - insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results.

Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster championship 2013    Leinster championship  2013    - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 5:10 am

That's a side issue anyway and it's Hurley who kicked himself in the backside as he has done the training all year and now isn't getting a chance to show what he can do.

Moving on I'd hope for a really tough game on Saturday and McDonnell knows Kildare football very well. Usual rumours that they didn't bother with the league and were itching for this game.

We should have too much for them but I just want to see us playing with a defined game plan and sticking to it. No point in not starting Tomas and then if it's looking dodgy then throwing him on and then lumping aimless high ball in.

When will the team (which won't be the actual team) be named?
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster championship 2013    Leinster championship  2013    - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 5:38 am

After training Thursday night I'd say.

It's a real shame about Hurley, he has the potential to be a top class midfielder. The question now is who will partner Daryl Flynn in the middle? Rob Kelly maybe?

Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster championship 2013    Leinster championship  2013    - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 5:42 am

Lads not being too harsh I don't think but Rob Kelly is definitely not worth a spot on the starting 15.

Paidi is a sound option. He isn't quick but can run at one pace for the 70 mins and when he is coming onto the play has the ability to kick points from distance.

Any more stabs at the starting team?
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Leinster championship 2013    Leinster championship  2013    - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 5:49 am

I heard Tommy Moolick has been going well recently. It wouldn't be a big surprise if he featured at some point.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leinster championship 2013    Leinster championship  2013    - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 6:17 am

Certain players who just don't cut it have been flogged to death.

It's time to try some new younger players with a fresh approach tactically.

As I've already said team selection will indicate a lot for me about the direction of the current management and I hasten to say if they are the ones to bring us beyond this year.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster championship 2013    Leinster championship  2013    - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 7:05 am

Rob Kelly is definitely not a midfielder and was found out badly against Cork last year. I always thought he was good for a few points in the full forward line and would bring him on as a sub but surely there are better players to start than him?
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Leinster championship 2013    Leinster championship  2013    - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 7:23 am

murof wrote:
Rob Kelly is definitely not a midfielder and was found out badly against Cork last year. I always thought he was good for a few points in the full forward line and would bring him on as a sub but surely there are better players to start than him?

Looks like we are going to stumble through another summer without a midfield pairing sorted. When did we last see the same midfield pairing start 2 consecutive games? The nature of the game now means that positional changes are continually made during a game but a fixed pair in midfield would make a huge difference.
Back to top Go down
MD
All-Star
All-Star
MD

PostSubject: Re: Leinster championship 2013    Leinster championship  2013    - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 10:22 am

For sure, it will be Paudie and Daryl... Paudie is a reliable option but I have always preferred him in half forward line... Not expecting any problems against Offaly but really I think Hurley has to be in against Dublin, and he needs to stop messing about whatever it is if he wants to be a top midfielder... I think people believe Rob Kelly is a choice there as he had a good game against Donegal in quarter finals two years ago but he has been found out on numerous occasions since.. I just dont think he is good enough to start.. Competition is certainly higher this year which is great to see...
Back to top Go down
MD
All-Star
All-Star
MD

PostSubject: Re: Leinster championship 2013    Leinster championship  2013    - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 10:24 am

Also has Hugh Lynch become the forgotten man? Granted, he was poor against Tyrone in the league but dont rule him out yet...
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster championship 2013    Leinster championship  2013    - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 7:00 pm

Paudie is an excellent half forward but not suited or big enough for CF, I really feel that this area is our achiles heel again this year.......................
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: Leinster championship 2013    Leinster championship  2013    - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 7:32 pm

just looking back over the league there I have most matches recorded and some of the excellent results we had against cork and Donegal had a lot to do with chalky and flano there work rate around the middle was super and I don't think it was a coincidence that our form dropped a bit when these two weren't available
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Leinster championship 2013    Leinster championship  2013    - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 9:10 pm

MD wrote:
Also has Hugh Lynch become the forgotten man? Granted, he was poor against Tyrone in the league but dont rule him out yet...

Lynch has a persistent hamstring problem at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster championship 2013    Leinster championship  2013    - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 10:11 pm

Our game is not on TV. Is that correct?...cant find it anywhere on RTE / TV3 or TG4 or Setanta.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster championship 2013    Leinster championship  2013    - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 11:10 pm

Kildare game Not on tv but the dublin is on rte 2 and
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster championship 2013    Leinster championship  2013    - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 12:35 am

Going by the Leinster games last sunday RTE will probably give us 5 mins on the sunday game. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster championship 2013    Leinster championship  2013    - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 1:30 am

I see PP have cut our odds again, from 1/14 to 1/20.. I assume this is off the back of the challenge Match versus Roscommon.. Wont the BIFFOS just love that.
I would be fairly certain that P Cribben will start at wing Forward.. But its a shame re: S Hurley, this Game would have been ideal for Him to show us his potential in the Senior Jersey. I for One hope its only a blip and He will be back asap.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster championship 2013    Leinster championship  2013    - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 2:22 am

Sickened that this game is not on TV. Living abroad and I took a day off work to watch it. Like they'll have cameras there for the Dublin game anyway, the useless f**kers.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster championship 2013    Leinster championship  2013    - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 2:33 am

Ohto / it might be shown on-line
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster championship 2013    Leinster championship  2013    - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 2:45 am

Just hope the decision to drop young Hurley doesn't come back to slap greezer in the face......hope i'm wrong about this but i think we may struggle at the weekend around the middle of the field, still think we are good enough win the game but i know that Offaly love playing us and especially in Croke Park. If the result goes against us, there will be no hiding place for management and no listening to the biffos.....CILL DARA ABU....
Back to top Go down
tomoneillandhissisteranne
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster championship 2013    Leinster championship  2013    - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 3:14 am

Why do I have a bad bad feeling about this game and the huge favouritism? If I were playing against a 1/20 team I'd feel I had absolutely noting to lose. I hope it's just my innate pessimism.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leinster championship 2013    Leinster championship  2013    - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leinster championship 2013
Page 3 of 31Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next