Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Club Championship Round 2

Go down 
+26
Fear An Geata
White Bridge
Ogie
lilysavage
Highball
topcat
blackandgold
KeepItReal
overthebar
Big Full Back
lomond
boardonly
Taibi
Jimmy winning matches
Caprea
Athyman
if_in_doubt
steviegenius
Gaa1928
kildaregaa365
walsheman
bob12
lillyboy
SeamusMurphy
johnsmyth
jimmers
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

Club Championship Round 2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Championship Round 2   Club Championship Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 10:03 am

Good win for Naas today.... And the Larks pushed Kilcock and maybe could have snatched a draw but well done to the lads and Neighbours The Town..... TMH seemed to have a nice match to get back into the groove... All eyes on the remaining matches now and some juicey tie's too...
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship Round 2   Club Championship Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 10:37 am

Did you not get a game tonight Big Full Back.......
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship Round 2   Club Championship Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 9:32 pm

Nurney 0-9 2-7 Robertstown.

Disappointing loss for us last night. It was level at half time (0-6 1-3) and they had a man sent off after 10 minutes but we didn't get going at all after the break.
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship Round 2   Club Championship Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 10:06 pm

I was at the Naas Carbury game what I will say Joe Brolly would have a field day with the Naas tactics the amount of pulling & dragging body checking on the Carbury players was ridiculous. Eoin Doyle played well but should of got two yellows they stopped Carbury with what ever way they could & as for the Ref where are we getting these lads from he was one of the worse refs i've seen in Kildare are they going to apply the rules or not? giving frees the wrong way it was a joke. Naas deserved there win they were the better team but if teams are going to be playing football this way we have to seriously look at the rules of the game this is not the game I play or the way It should be played.
Back to top Go down
KeepItReal
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship Round 2   Club Championship Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 1:50 am

@Taibi how did Mikey Conway play and should you's have won the match?
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship Round 2   Club Championship Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 5:32 am

We definitely should've won, we had an extra man for three quaters of the game. He played well.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship Round 2   Club Championship Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 11:22 pm

moorefield 6- 13 celbridge 0-9
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star
bob12

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship Round 2   Club Championship Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 3:04 am

good confey win today 8pts to 1 down after 15 mins and won x 2 good game
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship Round 2   Club Championship Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 4:35 am

Easy win for Athy over Sarsfield - won by 6 points and always in control
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship Round 2   Club Championship Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 5:37 am

Athy were excellant in the first half and poor in the second half, i would worry about the sash making it to the qtr final they were very poor today and look like a team on the slide, my prediction athy moores final
Back to top Go down
blackandgold
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship Round 2   Club Championship Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 5:26 pm

Some interesting results there. Moorefield spanked Celbridge. Didn't see that margin coming. What was the story there? Naas beating Carbury was the big surprise for me as Carbury have been strong in C'ship over the last few years and Naas only average. Great win for Confey who have had a great year. Young team over the last few years finally maturing. Like Athy who gave Sarsfields a nice beating. Sarsfields sliding or temporary blip? Didn't see Clane losing to Maynooth either who pulled one out of the bag there after bad year and relegation. Bad day at the bookies all round:( 
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship Round 2   Club Championship Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 8:36 pm

It is not a permanent slide from Sarsfields but this year could be a bit of a write off alright, losing both our midfielders from last year and not having the necessary cover for them was always going to make this year extremely tough, from what I have seen so far the top 3 are defo Moores, Confey and Athy in no particular rder and two from those 3 will make the final in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship Round 2   Club Championship Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 9:15 pm

Agree with that topcap. Im sure the 16s being floated about confey arent available anymore. They are an excellent each way bet. Playing some good football.

Losing Chalky and Matty Byrne was always going to be a huge loss for sarsfields this year is right.
Back to top Go down
blackandgold
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship Round 2   Club Championship Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 9:19 pm

Agreed with topcat, losing two quality players is tough for any team. Seems to be a common factor these days with clubs struggling to cover for key players missing (emigration/injury etc.). I'm going for Moores (slight favourites) and Athy come September. I'll still be surprised Highball if Confey win outright, despite their excellent year.
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship Round 2   Club Championship Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 9:57 pm

Hard to look past Athy or Moorefield this year Athy seem to have there act together and for me they are the team to beat. A lot of teams are struggling this year with players missing and its going to get a whole lot worse for the next few years for them imo.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship Round 2   Club Championship Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 10:03 pm

Athy missing a few yesterday too including Niall Kelly and Paddy Dunne.
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship Round 2   Club Championship Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 4:35 am

Niall kelly, paddy dunne, cian reynolds, brian kinahan not back to full fitness yet, theres 4 definate starters out of the team but they should be back for the qtr final. As i said a few months ago and i was laughed off the site by some, i would not be surprised if confey go all the way this year, young and talented team, i did not fancy larries this year or the sash, it will be nice to see two new teams in the final this year.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship Round 2   Club Championship Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 8:38 am

Towers v JTB tomorrow evening, should be a good game especially after the shenanigans after the final whistle the last day.

Interesting to see Seán Hurley playing full forward for JTB, just goes to show the talent they have to have the luxury to be able to do that.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship Round 2   Club Championship Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 8:53 am

Taibi wrote:
Towers v JTB tomorrow evening, should be a good game especially after the shenanigans after the final whistle the last day.

Interesting to see Seán Hurley playing full forward for JTB, just goes to show the talent they have to have the luxury to be able to do that.
he play for kildare v tyrone league semi final and caused problems as well, sounds he plays better in full forward , he playing very well for jtb at full forward from talk of jtb supporters i know
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship Round 2   Club Championship Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 7:15 pm

Where is the replay on tonight?
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship Round 2   Club Championship Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 12:03 am

fone wrote:
Taibi wrote:

he play for kildare  v tyrone  league  semi final  and caused   problems as well, sounds he plays  better in full forward , he playing very well for jtb  at full forward  from  talk of jtb supporters i know
He did Fone, and there was uproar on this very forum afterwards.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship Round 2   Club Championship Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 7:17 am

he played well in forward line when played against tyrone in newbridge as well maybe he should put there in future
Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship Round 2   Club Championship Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 8:16 am

Johnstownbridge 1-14 Round Towers 0-14.......a cracker of a game with a great crowd for a Wed night. Real championship stuff!
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship Round 2   Club Championship Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 8:21 am

Johnstownbridge 1-14 0-14 Round Towers.

The scoreline in this is a bit misleading as Johnstownbridge never looked close to losing this game, they were 8 points up at one stage in the second half. Towers tagged on 5 or 6 late frees (the majority of them very soft). Hurley played most of the game at midfield and he was very good along with Cathal McNally and Paul Cribbin. Daniel Flynn was very quiet, he looks a shadow of the player he was at the start of the year but I suppose he is only 19 or 20. Towers are a decent side but they lack serious scoring inside forwards, I can't see them troubling JTB, Raheens or Kilcock for the Intermediate Championship this year.

Also, great crowd in Hawkfield tonight. More midweek games under lights please...
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship Round 2   Club Championship Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 9:24 am

If Scahill had been on song from frees they'd have gone close though. I think they missed 5 or 6 scoreable frees. As good as JTB can be at times they tend to switch off for periods and can look very ordinary. That inconsistency has been their downfall in previous years. It'll be interesting to see whether they can get over the line this year or whether there's a team capable of stopping them. I wouldn't rule out the Towers just yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship Round 2   Club Championship Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Club Championship Round 2
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next