Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Club Championship Round 2

Go down 
+26
Fear An Geata
White Bridge
Ogie
lilysavage
Highball
topcat
blackandgold
KeepItReal
overthebar
Big Full Back
lomond
boardonly
Taibi
Jimmy winning matches
Caprea
Athyman
if_in_doubt
steviegenius
Gaa1928
kildaregaa365
walsheman
bob12
lillyboy
SeamusMurphy
johnsmyth
jimmers
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
johnsmyth
Intercounty
Intercounty

Club Championship Round 2 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Championship Round 2   Club Championship Round 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 11:27 am

I thought Keith Cribbon and Cathal Mcnally were best for JTB and the other Mcnally in Midfeild was also good. Towers in fairness never gave up and the full forward caused problems in the second half when they were winning all the breaks in the middle.
Good game, and for intermediate was a very high standard and I'd say JTB have more than enough to win it this year. Raheens might be the biggest threat.
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship Round 2   Club Championship Round 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 2:46 pm

Whatever about JTB and Raheens been front runners for Intermediate championship there Taibi....can't see Kilcock been there after they struggled against a average Ballyteague team who were short a good few regulars according to reports in the papers.....maybe Kilcock were short a few also....
Back to top Go down
thelads
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship Round 2   Club Championship Round 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 3:06 pm

jtb are a fine team indeed but its sad to see there carry on when towers were taking frees
Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship Round 2   Club Championship Round 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 6:01 pm

Fear An Geata wrote:
If Scahill had been on song from frees they'd have gone close though. I think they missed 5 or 6 scoreable frees. As good as JTB can be at times they tend to switch off for periods and can look very ordinary. That inconsistency has been their downfall in previous years. It'll be interesting to see whether they can get over the line this year or whether there's a team capable of stopping them. I wouldn't rule out the Towers just yet.
A few very good points there Fear an geata
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship Round 2   Club Championship Round 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 8:37 am

Is not the point thought that again, a lot of their best players are young? Their three Kildare players are U21. That's some expectation to be hanging a team's hopes on kids. I know you have the likes of Cottsy and Keith Cribbin too but where you've youngsters you tend to have inconsistency and going in and out of games like that wouldn't surprise me.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship Round 2   Club Championship Round 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 12:06 pm

I thought Paul Cribben was the outstanding Player for JTB.. Houlihan more than held His own it the middle. JTB look weak enough in defense IMO, and this is something that might yet be their downfall. Towers have yet to introduce all their CO. Minors and might yet have a big say.. Here / Here to the Midweek Match, really enjoyable, with a huge Crowd... I said it previously, that Dan Flynn hasnt being Himself since He attended the Aussie Rules Trials..
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship Round 2   Club Championship Round 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 12:25 pm

its as blatant a case of burnout if ever i saw one. I think he was poorly managed in the last few months of the season. Playing him for 60 minutes against Tyrone the week before the u21 semi final was a crazy decision imo.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship Round 2   Club Championship Round 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 1:24 pm

Loads of Pints wrote:
its as blatant a case of burnout if ever i saw one. I think he was poorly managed in the last few months of the season. Playing him for 60 minutes against Tyrone the week before the u21 semi final was a crazy decision imo.
Playing any of the U21's against Tyrone was crazy imo. We had already achieved our target of staying in Div 1 and our only reward for beating Tyrone would be another meeting with Dublin who had hammered us a few weeks earlier. Why did he not consider the Galway game as the must win game and just use the fixture against Tyrone as a chance to try out some fringe players? An AI win would mean more to Kildare supporters than a league final we wouldnt have a hope of winning anyways as was shown later in the championship.
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship Round 2   Club Championship Round 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 2:38 pm

murof wrote:
Loads of Pints wrote:
Playing any of the U21's against Tyrone was crazy imo. We had already achieved our target of staying in Div 1 and our only reward for beating Tyrone would be another meeting with Dublin who had hammered us a few weeks earlier. Why did he not consider the Galway game as the must win game and just use the fixture against Tyrone as a chance to try out some fringe players? An AI win would mean more to Kildare supporters than a league final we wouldnt have a hope of winning anyways as was shown later in the championship.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship Round 2   Club Championship Round 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 3:43 pm

bag of white wrote:
murof wrote:
Loads of Pints wrote:
Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
Not as wonderful as little bit of foresight!
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship Round 2   Club Championship Round 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 3:50 pm

rather than plenty of oversight Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship Round 2   Club Championship Round 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Club Championship Round 2
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3