Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Championship Quarter-Finals

Go down 
+24
BelieveToAchieve
totalgaa
archie
Ogie
SeamusMurphy
rob11
walsheman
midfieldmaestro
swingfly
topcat
White Bridge
Gaa1928
standhimup
bob12
lilysavage
LilyWhyte
kickingking
murof
Athyman
OutTheGap
northernlily
kildaregaa365
Taibi
jimmers
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

Championship Quarter-Finals Empty
PostSubject: Championship Quarter-Finals   Championship Quarter-Finals Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 6:53 am

Intermediate

Ellistown v Ballyteague
Johnstownbridge v Caragh
Kilcock v Round Towers
Raheens v Castledermot

Senior

Athy v Celbridge
Maynooth v Naas
Confey v Sarsfields
Moorefield v Clane
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Championship Quarter-Finals   Championship Quarter-Finals Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 7:02 am

Junior

Straffan v Rheban
Ballykelly v Milltown

Castlemitchell and TwoMileHouse bye
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship Quarter-Finals   Championship Quarter-Finals Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 12:40 am

Some good games to look forward to this weekend.

In the Senior, Confey v Sarsfields is probably the game of the weekend. I have a feeling Confey will win this, Sarsfields are missing a lot of lads from last years team and Confey have already beaten them in the league. Athy will probably scrape past Celbridge while Moorefield should have too much for Clane. Naas v Maynooth is a tough one to call, whoever wins will probably go no further than the semis.

In the Intermediate, Raheens v Castledermot is the pick of the round, I'd give a hesitant vote to Raheens. Towers v Kilcock is a toss up. Ellistown and Johnstownbridge should beat The Larks and Caragh respectively.

In the Senior Relegation Semis, St. Kevin's should beat Suncroft who were relegated from Div.2. In the other game Carbury should end their disastrous year with a win against Ballymore.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Championship Quarter-Finals   Championship Quarter-Finals Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 3:37 am

Jesus are some games of football going to break out?

Some week - Saipan II

Rumours Tommy Gorman has Geezer's interview lined up for the week end
Back to top Go down
northernlily
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Championship Quarter-Finals   Championship Quarter-Finals Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 9:37 am

Great to have a bit of championship football back and down to the business end of proceedings. It also hopefully may take a bit of attention away from the McGeeney saga and cool a few heads and hopefully see we will see some of the positives of Kildare football on display.

Senior

Athy v Celbridge: Celbridge done well to recover after the hammering the received at the hands of Moorefield with a fine victory over Larries in the 3rd round. Can never rule out Celbridge on their day, however Athy are looking sharp this year with great victories over Carbury and the Sash racking up a huge score of 6-13 against the former. I think the impressive Athy youngsters minus senior county star Niall Kelly (ankle injury) will have the legs on Celbridge here. Verdict:  Athy by 6

Maynooth v Naas: Two teams that struggled in the league with Maynooth being relegated to Div 2. I expect this to be a cagey low scoring affair. Maynooth have had tight victories over Suncroft and Clane on their way to quarters whilst Naas have defeated Carbury and Leixlip and lost to Celbridge. Even with Leper an injury doubt I expect a narrow county town victory here. Verdict: Naas by 2

Confey v Sarsfields: The youngest club in the county Confey take on last years champions Sarsfields in what could be a cracking game. League finalists Confey have shown in the league that they can play with the best however everybody knows league form counts for sweet feck all when it comes to championship. Sarsfields missing a couple of key players including Chalky White and Dermot Early however they are still a squad with dept and quality. Confey have beaten Kevins and Larries on the road to the quarters while The Sash have hammered Ballymore and Monastereven and lost to Athy. Tough one to call but I expect a narrow  victory for Confey here who have been playing some great stuff this year in what could be the game of the weekend. Verdict: Confey by 2

Moorefield v Clane: League champions Moorefield went out and efficently hammered Celbridge 6-14 to 9 points in one of the most ruthless and impressive displays of football ever seen in Conleths park in the second round after beating Leixlip in the first round. Clane have overcome Monasterevan and Allenwood so far and lost to narrowly to Maynooth in the second round. Clane are a side with plenty of talent and grit but I can see a clear victory for Luke Dempseys Moorefield here who look to be peaking at the right time and haven't put a foot wrong all year. Verdict: The Moores by 8
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship Quarter-Finals   Championship Quarter-Finals Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 7:03 am

It was nice to get back to the football today, even though the Athy and Celbridge match was pretty poor for the most part. Celbridge went a point ahead with about 7 minutes left but Athy levelled and got a free at the end to win it.
I'd say Celbridge will be kicking themselves. Athy didn't play well today and were there for the taking.
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship Quarter-Finals   Championship Quarter-Finals Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 8:00 am

You are correct there JohnnyC, we were not allowed play with cynical pulling and dragging all through the game by celbridge, how 14 and fergal Conway remained on the pitch I do not know, in the end I would have settled for a draw to be honest, still think the better team won sign of a good team when you are not playing well to grind out a result, beleive me Athy will be better next time out if not we will not make the final, I always thought this game was going to be very close, as I said before if we click on the day some team are going to get a massive sore against them.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Championship Quarter-Finals   Championship Quarter-Finals Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 8:37 am

JohnnyC wrote:
It was nice to get back to the football today, even though the Athy and Celbridge match was pretty poor for the most part. Celbridge went a point ahead with about 7 minutes left but Athy levelled and got a free at the end to win it.
I'd say Celbridge will be kicking themselves. Athy didn't play well today and were there for the taking.
Oh dear, I gathered the whole point of removing McGeeney was so that Athy's first 15 got picked next year ??
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship Quarter-Finals   Championship Quarter-Finals Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 8:40 am

Celbridge certainly fouled a lot but a lot of it was downright stupid tackling which did them no favours as Eaton and Mulhall scored a fair few frees between and missed a fair few as well. It was a missed opportunity for Celbridge as Athy without Niall Kelly often looked clueless in attack. If they get him back along with Dunne, McGovern and Kinahan they will be difficult to beat. Great tussle between Hyland and Brophy throughout and both smashing young footballers.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Championship Quarter-Finals   Championship Quarter-Finals Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 8:45 am

I don't think Celbridge were particularly cynical and I say that as a neutral spectator. There was some loose tackling but cynicism is not how I would describe it. I've seen that Athy team play much better so they will be delighted to have escaped with the win. Celbridge have restored a bit of pride after their heavy beating at the hands of Moorefield.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship Quarter-Finals   Championship Quarter-Finals Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 8:47 am

Crofter wrote:
JohnnyC wrote:
Oh dear, I gathered the whole point of removing McGeeney was so that Athy's first 15 got picked next year ??
Stupid post, cant we keep this one about football as there are more than enough threads on the manager. There were a lot of county footballers on view tonight but not many stood out from the crowd although the conditions did not help.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Championship Quarter-Finals   Championship Quarter-Finals Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 8:50 am

murof wrote:
Crofter wrote:
JohnnyC wrote:
Stupid post, cant we keep this one about football as there are more than enough threads on the manager. There were a lot of county footballers on view tonight but not many stood out from the crowd although the conditions did not help.
+1

Anyone at Carbury v Ballymore or any of the Intermediate matches?
Back to top Go down
LilyWhyte
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Championship Quarter-Finals   Championship Quarter-Finals Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 9:24 am

As a neutral at the game Athyman i cant agree with your biased view of cynical fouling by Celbridge. You mentioned Conway too who spent the game BEING fouled by O'Keefe for the whole game! i remember him being dragged down as he was making a great run forward with about 10 mins to go.

Not a classic by any means but a good watch right to the end. Celbridge certainly missed a good chance, thought they over relied on Brophy in attack who was never going to get it all his own way with Hyland. Tom Fitz, Harte and Sullivan are nowhere near as dangerous as they were in the past and with Ollie Lyons kept quiet they were never going to put up a big score.

Athy will improve with kelly to come back and id expect much more from Eaton and Reynolds before the championship is out. Darroch Mulhall stood up today, seems to be working harder to get on the ball, his finishing was excellent too.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship Quarter-Finals   Championship Quarter-Finals Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 9:33 am

Athy were poor today and defo there for the taking. Those conditions really dont suit that team. Id say theyd have lost to a more dogged team like Moorefield or even the Larries tonight. Darroch Mulhall got them over the line and i agree they nadly need likes of Niall Kelly, Paddy Dunne and Brian Kinihan back fully fit. Celbridge not particularly cynical either and a bit naive if anyhting by fouling near the goal. One or two of them were soft enough too.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Championship Quarter-Finals   Championship Quarter-Finals Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 11:05 am

murof wrote:
Crofter wrote:
JohnnyC wrote:
Consider me suitably chastised... I shall aim to keep my stupidity in check in future
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star
bob12

PostSubject: Re: Championship Quarter-Finals   Championship Quarter-Finals Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 8:29 pm

Any score from other matches od Satrurday I know Athy beat Celbridge
Back to top Go down
standhimup
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Championship Quarter-Finals   Championship Quarter-Finals Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 8:35 pm

JTB 3.16 Caragh 0.04
Kilcock 1.08 Towers 0.09
Ellistown 0.12 Ballyteague 1.09
Castledermot 1.10 Raheens 1.08
Back to top Go down
standhimup
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Championship Quarter-Finals   Championship Quarter-Finals Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 8:37 pm

Carbury 0.17 Ballymore 1.06
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship Quarter-Finals   Championship Quarter-Finals Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 9:11 pm

Lilywhyte, as I said before I was the only one on this forum who said there would only be 1 to 2 points either way celbridge are a good team and if they had more belief they could have won that game. The first 3 balls o keeffe was easily able to outpace Conway for, so Conway decides the only way to stop him was to pull drag and excert his physicality he also punched o keeffe in the privates, he also got a yellow card for persistent fouling on o keeffe, Conway is a good footballer but lacks pace is not the answer to kildare at the back. Fair dues to celbridge they put back the pride in their jersey and definitely will be there or there abouts next year. Crofter your question does not merit a reply.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship Quarter-Finals   Championship Quarter-Finals Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 9:36 pm

Athyman wrote:
Lilywhyte, as I said before I was the only one on this forum who said there would only be 1 to 2 points either way celbridge are a good team and if they had more belief they could have won that game. The first 3 balls o keeffe was easily able to outpace Conway for, so Conway decides the only way to stop him was to pull drag and excert his physicality he also punched o keeffe in the privates, he also got a yellow card for persistent fouling on o keeffe, Conway is a good footballer but lacks pace is not the answer to kildare at the back. Fair dues to celbridge they put back the pride in their jersey and definitely will be there or there abouts next year. Crofter your question does not merit a reply.
Not the only one Athyman !!!

Joe Mallon Motors Renault Senior Football Championship Qtr Final

Athy v Celbridge Celbridge by 2
Confey v Sarsfields Confey by 5
Moorefield v Clane Moorefield by 3
Naas v Maynooth Naas by 3

[Joe Mallon Motors Renault Senior Football Championship Relegation Semi-Final

Ballymore v Carbury Carbury by 5
St Kevin's v Suncroft St Kevin's by 3

Joe Fox Tool & Plant Hire Intermediate Football Championship Qtr Finals

Ellistown v Ballyteague Ellistown by 3
Johnstownbridge v Caragh Johnstownbridge by 6
Raheens v Castledermot Castledermot by 2
Kilcock v Round Towers Kilcock by 2
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship Quarter-Finals   Championship Quarter-Finals Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 10:36 pm

Was at the Ellistown v Ballyteague game, very poor affair, both teams more interested in defending than attacking. Neither of these teams have a hope of winning the intermediate. Didn't stick around for the Towers v Kilcock game.

Good win for Castledermot over Raheens yesterday, I think they are the only team left capable of beating JTB.
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship Quarter-Finals   Championship Quarter-Finals Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 11:32 pm

Sarsfields beat Confey 2-15 to 2-14 in a really exciting match. Confey looked to have the game won when they were 4 points ahead in the 2nd half but Sarsfields never gave up. Well done to both teams for a fine sporting match with lots of kick-passing and some great scores.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship Quarter-Finals   Championship Quarter-Finals Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 11:37 pm

Brillant game of football, I feel Confey missed some great chances to go even further ahead and Sarsfields stuck in there and got their reward. Maybe the game last week just gave Sarsfields the edge on the final 10 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship Quarter-Finals   Championship Quarter-Finals Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 12:14 am

Great game caught the second half, very sporting contest, I believe that chalky is taking his holidays and will be back for the semi that would be a massive boost for them, going to moorefield clane match like to see the moores playing champship football.
Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Championship Quarter-Finals   Championship Quarter-Finals Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 12:25 am

What time is the semi draw at lads?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Championship Quarter-Finals   Championship Quarter-Finals Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Championship Quarter-Finals
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next