Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Championship Quarter-Finals

Go down 
+24
BelieveToAchieve
totalgaa
archie
Ogie
SeamusMurphy
rob11
walsheman
midfieldmaestro
swingfly
topcat
White Bridge
Gaa1928
standhimup
bob12
lilysavage
LilyWhyte
kickingking
murof
Athyman
OutTheGap
northernlily
kildaregaa365
Taibi
jimmers
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
bob12
All-Star
All-Star
bob12

Championship Quarter-Finals - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Championship Quarter-Finals   Championship Quarter-Finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 12:27 am

thansk Folks was in newbridge today for confey sash game 2-15 to 2-14 for sash great game of footbal confey should have won
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship Quarter-Finals   Championship Quarter-Finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 12:46 am

White Bridge wrote:
What time is the semi draw at lads?
Don't think they will have the senior draw until after the Naas v Maynooth game, whenever thats on. Will it be an open draw or can Athy draw Sarsfields again.
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Championship Quarter-Finals   Championship Quarter-Finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 1:12 am

Gaa1928 wrote:
White Bridge wrote:
What time is the semi draw at lads?
Don't think they will have the senior draw until after the Naas v Maynooth game, whenever thats on.   Will it be an open draw or can Athy draw Sarsfields again.
Open draw
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship Quarter-Finals   Championship Quarter-Finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 4:44 pm

Ger Donnelly was of the impression yesterday that repeat pairing can't happen where it is avoidable so that would mean Sash and Athy can't meet each other.

Brilliant game yesterday, took Sarsfields best performance of the year to get over the line. 3 games over the weekend, 2 decided by a point and one draw. Kildare must surely be the most competitive club championship around.
Back to top Go down
swingfly
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Championship Quarter-Finals   Championship Quarter-Finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 6:21 pm

Anyone at the Clane v Moorefield game??? Clane, the dirty feckers, are serious dark horses for the championship... They've been coming good the last couple of years.. Did Moorefield throw it away??
Back to top Go down
midfieldmaestro
Senior
Senior
midfieldmaestro

PostSubject: Re: Championship Quarter-Finals   Championship Quarter-Finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 7:25 pm

Clane v Moorefiled was a strange game. Abit like Clare in the hurling yesterday, Moorefield led all the way but never by too much. At times they should have been out of sight in the first half but didn't take their scores.

Clane were playing ok but not great. Tomas O Conor was drifting out to midfield and back in to full forward. When in at full forward he was a handful (as usual).

The fact that Moorefield never pulled away sort of give Clane more and more confidence as the game went on and they got a goal in the last minute or two to level the match (great play from TOC).

Moorefield did however have one more chance but instead of taking a point they seemed to try walk it in for a goal. Also note that Roly missed a sitter of a goal mid-way through the second half that would have ended Clane's chances.

Not sure how serious it is but Glavin and Daryll Flynn both went off with 10 / 15 minutes to go. They have traditionally been pretty injure prone so could mean they may not be fit for the replay.
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship Quarter-Finals   Championship Quarter-Finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 7:29 pm

Was at the moorefield clane game absolutely brilliant, moorefield coasting then clane get a late goal they are a very dogged team last year we were lucky to get by them after a replay and extra time . By the time we play the semi final all of our injuries will have cleared up.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship Quarter-Finals   Championship Quarter-Finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 9:00 pm

According to the Kildare Gaa website -  Moorefield v Clane replay next Friday night at 8.15 p.m. in Hawkfield.

Is it just me or does anyone agree that its a big ask on players to work all week and then have to play a match that will decide their season at 8.15 p.m on a Friday night, if it goes to extra time it will be after 10.00 p.m. by the time its over, surely it could have been played at some stage over the Saturday/Sunday.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Championship Quarter-Finals   Championship Quarter-Finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 10:24 pm

Think the chance moorefield had at the end and went for goal was the stupidest thing I've seen.all he had to do was fist it over.could come back to haunt them now
Back to top Go down
rob11
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Championship Quarter-Finals   Championship Quarter-Finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 5:33 am

It was absolute madness. It was about the last play aswell. Kevin Murnaghan is very experienced, you would have thought he would have taken the point.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Championship Quarter-Finals   Championship Quarter-Finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 8:24 am

I'm delighted anyway, get to go watch it all over again.I'm sure the replay will be a cracker
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship Quarter-Finals   Championship Quarter-Finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 8:28 am

I still would not write off Clane at this stage
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship Quarter-Finals   Championship Quarter-Finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 8:30 am

Bit of a dilemma tomorrow night. Ireland v Austria or St. Kevin's v Suncroft?

I'm thinking the latter.
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship Quarter-Finals   Championship Quarter-Finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 8:31 am

Kevins suncroft for me
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship Quarter-Finals   Championship Quarter-Finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 7:14 pm

Was great to see all team bar Athy, who were the only team to deploy a sweeper at the weekend really attack the game and try to win by outscoring the opposition rather than trying to stop them from playing, hopefully this is a sign of things to come for the rest of the championship.
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star
bob12

PostSubject: Re: Championship Quarter-Finals   Championship Quarter-Finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 9:40 pm

Folks who won between kevins and suncroft
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship Quarter-Finals   Championship Quarter-Finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 9:58 pm

Kevin's won easily, suncroft and ballymore in relegation final.
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star
bob12

PostSubject: Re: Championship Quarter-Finals   Championship Quarter-Finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 9:59 pm

I'd say Ballymore will win
Back to top Go down
rob11
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Championship Quarter-Finals   Championship Quarter-Finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 10:08 pm

Topcat I would agree with you there but why would Athy need to use a Sweeper?
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship Quarter-Finals   Championship Quarter-Finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 10:12 pm

I have no idea why they did, they used Tony Gibbons in that role against Sash as well he is very effective at it so maybe that is how to get the best out of him?
Back to top Go down
rob11
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Championship Quarter-Finals   Championship Quarter-Finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 10:17 pm

Thats fair enough. Tony is good at that particular role. My point being is that arguably they have the best group of players on paper and wouldnt need one thats all.
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship Quarter-Finals   Championship Quarter-Finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 10:24 pm

Tony Gibbons is a brilliant back not a forward, the athy management team have know finally realised this, we are known for our open and attacking football, against Celbridge it was a case of winning ugly as that is how the game developed due to the pulling and dragging and bad conditions, Athy were poor on the day and could have lost that game. Sign of a good team to win when you are playing badly. when I saw the other games last weekend all of the teams performed much better than Athy or Celbridge. people have short memories we played exceptionally well against Carbury and played well against Sash, personally after been at all of the matches last weekend, Confey were the team I would not like to meet. Who ever we get in the semi final we do not really care, we are going nicely and we will be there or there abouts at the end.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship Quarter-Finals   Championship Quarter-Finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 10:41 pm

After the Athy game if someone offered Sarsfields this position they would have bitten their hand off, most if not all had Sarsfields written off after that game but the win last weekend can't but boost confidence. Confey have made huge strides in last couple of years, they are a team that if they stick together could eventually push on to contesting and winning county finals. Mitch McCann and James gately are as good a forward as is in Kildare at the minute, Divilly and Lynch are possibly the best midfield pairing in the county so they have a lot to build on.
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship Quarter-Finals   Championship Quarter-Finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 12:20 am

I thought Confey played really well on Sunday. I was very impressed with James Gately and Thomas McCann.
Sarsfields showed great attitude and teamwork to come back like that and they won't give up their title without a fight.
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship Quarter-Finals   Championship Quarter-Finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 2:13 am

I agree about the sash I was writing them off after we played them, I was very impressed by them last weekend they seem to have got their mojo back, that said I would not mind playing them in the semi final, we seem to be a bogey team for the sash for some reason. Confey have a great chance of contesting a final in the next couple of years I am very impressed by Ronan Quinn as a manager, as a person who goes to a lot of club league games I was very impressed by confey this year, lots of people laughed me off the forum when I predicted they were dark horses for the champship. Chalky coming back for the sash will give them great impetus.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Championship Quarter-Finals   Championship Quarter-Finals - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Championship Quarter-Finals
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next