Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare vs Mayo

Go down 
+40
bk 1
Flamingo
KILL BILL
kildarecat
if_in_doubt
Lily8
Stonecold
losthope
Taibi
LillieLad
fatherted
BelieveToAchieve
smokey
jimmers
Jimmy winning matches
Ogie
Rex
SeamusMurphy
lillyboy
micky murphy
Dido
disano
moatesports
Gonzo
overthebar
Loads of Pints
TommyKeegan
Kildare98
MD
flourman
kickingking
johnsmyth
midfieldmaestro
OutTheGap
murof
standhimup
Westside
kildaregaa365
topcat
Frankel
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Kildare vs Mayo - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Mayo   Kildare vs Mayo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 1:20 am

That's the team that most would have picked. The only real decision was Hyland or Murnaghan. The latter played very well against Meath so deserves his place.

It's up to everyone now who has the shirt to keep it and for those not starting to win it back.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Mayo   Kildare vs Mayo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 1:54 am

The only place to find out about new players is in a competitive game against top opposition. We will learn a lot about Mulhall against Cafferkey and O'Grady against Moran if they line up that way.
Niall Kelly was thrown in against the AI winners in the opening game last year and was MOTM.
There are options at midfileld and in the FF line if things are not going to well but maybe not too manny in the FB line which is a worry.
Lets hope the crowd get behind them in a big way.
Back to top Go down
Westside
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Mayo   Kildare vs Mayo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 2:58 am

murof wrote:
The only place to find out about new players is in a competitive game against top opposition. We will learn a lot about Mulhall against Cafferkey and O'Grady against Moran if they line up that way.
Niall Kelly was thrown in against the AI winners in the opening game last year and was MOTM.
There are options at midfileld and in the FF line if things are not going to well but maybe not too manny in the FB line which is a worry.

Lyons and Hyland?
Back to top Go down
Gonzo
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Mayo   Kildare vs Mayo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 3:40 am

It's great his starting the same outfield players .Only thing that needs to change is free takers.Muhall on right no problem. But letting Podge hit frees is a disaster when the best free taker in the county in Eoin o fla is there.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Mayo   Kildare vs Mayo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 3:52 am

flats conversion rates wouldn't be top notch so it's no harm exploring the options, still i expect him to be back on free kicking duties on Sunday
Back to top Go down
Gonzo
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Mayo   Kildare vs Mayo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 3:59 am

There's no options Podge is not a good free taker.We have two good free takers in Conway an Muhall for right of pitch.Two for left in j Doyle and fla.The should try chalkey for 45s he does it for his club.
Back to top Go down
johnsmyth
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Mayo   Kildare vs Mayo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 4:11 am

No Question of Ryan discarding players.
I think he is looking to build around those established and available and at the same time adding some life to it. Lets hope they can surprise a few by this sunday, it won't be easy against the quality that mayo have.
Bolton may have a natural tendency to want to burst forward but to me when he puts more efforts into defending he is still top quality and he reads the break of the ball better than most.
One thing that was a serious flaw in our game last year was our own kick outs. An absolute disaster.
Dublin were the best team not only on their own but on opposition kickouts too, and when they played Kildare it was so easy. Here is why I think why and its just from what I could see.
- The keeper was looking for a runner from the midfield area to pick out a pass type kick out.
- When he tried to pick out the runner the opposition Half forwards blocked up the area, these half forwards were allowed loose by the kildare half backs who seemed to stand off, holding a position but without any effect on the kick out.
- When the ball came down if it had not been caught cleanly by a kildare player it was inevitible the opposition picked it up.
- This left Dublin for instance with 2 or 3 coming onto the ball at pace. Flicking it to each other and charging at a standing half back making it very difficult for them to tackle. The end result a lot of the time was an overlap that continued onto the full back line.
- The same thing happened over and over. To be fair Kerry did'nt do well against the Dubs either. But the thing that very noticible about Dublin was the amount of players commiting to the fight for possession. The opposite was true for us.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Mayo   Kildare vs Mayo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 4:12 am

Westside wrote:
murof wrote:

Lyons and Hyland?
Is Lyons fit? He hasn't been for quite some time now.
I'm a big fan of Hyland but I wouldn't let him anywhere near the full back line. In a couple games last year he defended with his back to the ball and relying on how his marker was responding to the action outfield. He has the potential to be a great half back but not a corner back.
All in my opinion of course!
Back to top Go down
Gonzo
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Mayo   Kildare vs Mayo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 5:49 am

I'd have no problem in putting hylo anywhere in the back line .When athy are playing his first pick every game and that's even over foley.God imagine how good he will be when he puts on muscle and fills out a bit.His best position is centre back I think number 6 is going to be his for years to come.
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Mayo   Kildare vs Mayo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 8:55 am

cluxton showed how important kick outs are in every game the dubs wiped out nearly every team in all competitions last year. our kick outs v meath were awful no picking out players only good option was hurley at no 12 other than that same old maybe they are keeping this in reserve
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
Gonzo
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Mayo   Kildare vs Mayo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 9:12 am

Every one goes on about cluxton been the dogs bolxxks get over it everyone .His kicking the ball out to the best 14 lads in the country by a mile who make space better than anyone.If he was playing for Kilkenny in football do you think he would do the same job.We have two good keepers and remember a keeper is there to stop ball going into net.Man city don't pay hart 200 grand a week to kick out the ball.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Mayo   Kildare vs Mayo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 9:38 am

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Dido
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Mayo   Kildare vs Mayo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 10:33 am

kellathy35 wrote:
Every one goes on about cluxton been the dogs bolxxks get over it everyone .His kicking the ball out to the best 14 lads in the country by a mile who make space better than anyone.If he was playing for Kilkenny in football do you think he would do the same job.We have two good keepers and remember a keeper is there to stop ball going into net.Man city don't pay hart 200 grand a week to kick out the ball.

Looking back Kellathy to last years club semi final Athy v Moores i think i read a stat in the nationalist that the Moores won 74% of There own kickouts and this was athys downfall on the out come of the game, So you should know more than anybody that kickouts have a big bearing on the game as the moores won convincingly.

I still think Kildare will have to work on this aspect of the game to further our advances come championship time...

Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Mayo   Kildare vs Mayo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 11:32 pm

agree 100 pc with you this is the single biggest change in my opinion in the last 2 years if you win primary ball you more than likely win the game dublin practice this all the time we need goalkeepers to be able to pinpoint kick outs the 50 50 kick out is a bad option nowadays
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Mayo   Kildare vs Mayo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 11:48 pm

Thank God for this game tomorrow. If there's any other Leeds fans on here you'll understand that comment. Must have been something about white jerseys but what impact choices made when 6 or 7 can have. If I'd not rebelled against my dad I'd be a glory hunting Blues supporter geneflecting at the feet of Mourinho instead of being in despair at another nail in the coffin of a once proud club.

Off topic I know - apologies but had to vent !

Cill Dara Abu
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Mayo   Kildare vs Mayo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 12:55 am

+1
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Mayo   Kildare vs Mayo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 3:20 am

Similarly afflicted Lilyboy ?
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Mayo   Kildare vs Mayo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 7:15 am

Poor old Leeds supporters.........ye boys are fairly long in the tooth......CILL DARA ABU......
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Mayo   Kildare vs Mayo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 7:22 am

and world weary overthebar at that ! Sad 
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Mayo   Kildare vs Mayo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 9:47 am

tommy callaghan just posted on twitter there a few changes to kildare starting lineup tomarrow
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Mayo   Kildare vs Mayo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 11:47 am

Crofter wrote:
Thank God for this game tomorrow. If there's any other Leeds fans on here you'll understand that comment. Must have been something about white jerseys but what impact choices made when 6 or 7 can have. If I'd not rebelled against my dad I'd be a glory hunting Blues supporter geneflecting at the feet of Mourinho instead of being in despair at another nail in the coffin of a once proud club.

Cill Dara Abu

Crofter - like myself you are probably old enough to remember the GUBU acronym in the 80's - pretty well sums up the last 48 hours at Leeds. For those too young to know about it - Grotesque, Unbelievable, Bizarre, Unprecedented.

Well we'll take the 5-1 win and hope the Lilies can deliver a similar result against Mayo!
Back to top Go down
smokey
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Mayo   Kildare vs Mayo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 7:20 pm

I'm hearing Fogarty out and Chalky doubtful.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Mayo   Kildare vs Mayo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 7:37 pm

jimmers wrote:
Crofter wrote:

Cill Dara Abu

Crofter - like myself you are probably old enough to remember the GUBU acronym in the 80's - pretty well sums up the last 48 hours at Leeds. For those too young to know about it - Grotesque, Unbelievable, Bizarre, Unprecedented.

Well we'll take the 5-1 win and hope the Lilies can deliver a similar result against Mayo!

Indeed Jimmers - yes old enough to understand GUBU and the Mcarthur case was perfectly straightforward by comparison.
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Mayo   Kildare vs Mayo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 8:07 pm

smokey wrote:
I'm hearing Fogarty out and Chalky doubtful.

That would be a big blow if true as they have been two of our best players so far this year. I suppose Daryl could come in for Chalky but I'm not sure if he'd be ready for 70 minutes yet. I'm not sure who would come in for Podge.

Best of luck to Kildare today. With the way the fixtures are, I think it's vital we win today so hopefully things will go our way.
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Mayo   Kildare vs Mayo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 10:58 pm

Not the end of the world. It's time if the year for trying things out. Podge did very little last day out & Chalky's discipline was suspect as ever.

Will be interesting to see how we handle Mayo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Mayo   Kildare vs Mayo - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare vs Mayo
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next