Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare vs Mayo

Go down 
+40
bk 1
Flamingo
KILL BILL
kildarecat
if_in_doubt
Lily8
Stonecold
losthope
Taibi
LillieLad
fatherted
BelieveToAchieve
smokey
jimmers
Jimmy winning matches
Ogie
Rex
SeamusMurphy
lillyboy
micky murphy
Dido
disano
moatesports
Gonzo
overthebar
Loads of Pints
TommyKeegan
Kildare98
MD
flourman
kickingking
johnsmyth
midfieldmaestro
OutTheGap
murof
standhimup
Westside
kildaregaa365
topcat
Frankel
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
fatherted
Senior
Senior

Kildare vs Mayo - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Mayo   Kildare vs Mayo - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 2:40 am

What a game, great start to the league for us. Paddy Brophy will remember that one for a long time.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Mayo   Kildare vs Mayo - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 2:43 am

Fucking hell raging I missed that game with my fucking stupidness but by god that was some match no wonder when I raise my eyes I have wrinkles im surprised I haven]t taking a heart attack yet, Paddy Brophy and Kevin Murno ye fucking heros by god we are gonna have some panel when everyone comes back hopefully Johnny does by god I fucking love Kildare!! Mon the Lillies the fuck!!
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Mayo   Kildare vs Mayo - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 2:45 am

jw1888 wrote:
Fucking hell raging I missed that game with my fucking stupidness but by god that was some match no wonder when I raise my eyes I have wrinkles im surprised I haven]t taking a heart attack yet, Paddy Brophy and Kevin Murno ye fucking heros by god we are gonna have some panel when everyone comes back hopefully Johnny does by god I fucking love Kildare!! Mon the Lillies the fuck!!

Oh!
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Mayo   Kildare vs Mayo - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 2:52 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
jw1888 wrote:

Oh!

Haha sorry just after the point!!
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Mayo   Kildare vs Mayo - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 2:53 am

Paddy Brophy has arrived!!!
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Mayo   Kildare vs Mayo - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 2:55 am

Jaysus Kildare still don't make it easy for the supporters, ye go through all the emotions but f--k me that took balls.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Mayo   Kildare vs Mayo - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 3:04 am

Great to get the win despite our best efforts of trying to throw it away.

Negatives: Shane Connolly is a bag of nerves with the ball in hand. We badly need a centre back, Mayo rampaged down the middle of us at will. Mick Foley looks a pale shadow of the player he once was, caught out of position numerous times and his ball watching caused the second Mayo goal. Lost our way in midfield in the second half.

Positives: Paddy Brophy's right boot. Mulhall's free taking. TOC's hands. Mick O'Grady. Paul Cribbin's performance until he was rightly black carded.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Mayo   Kildare vs Mayo - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 3:29 am

Taibi wrote:
Great to get the win despite our best efforts of trying to throw it away.

Negatives: Shane Connolly is a bag of nerves with the ball in hand. We badly need a centre back, Mayo rampaged down the middle of us at will. Mick Foley looks a pale shadow of the player he once was, caught out of position numerous times and his ball watching caused the second Mayo goal. Lost our way in midfield in the second half.

Positives: Paddy Brophy's right boot. Mulhall's free taking. TOC's hands. Mick O'Grady. Paul Cribbin's performance until he was rightly black carded.

Hard to disagree with any of that. We very nearly orchestrated our own downfall.

I think Mayo rampaging through the centre came from our mobility in midfield. Whilst Moolick done well and has improved immensely on his conditioning he stilll lacks that burst of initial speed.

It's very hard to know with Foley. This time of year and the soft ground definitely woul not suit him. But he does seem to have lost a yard of pace.

Tom O'Connor was immense . He has a lot of critics on here and it's not the first time he has shut them up. He is head and shoulders ahead of Fogarty.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Mayo   Kildare vs Mayo - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 am

I honestly think Tomas is a class player but if he doesn't get the right ball hes fucked, and he wasn't getting much of that last year, if there is a 50/50 and Kildare players around him he will win the ball and lay it off!! I wouldn't use him as a plan a though teams cop on straight away!! That was some point by Paddy by the way and some run by Murno, hearts still going 90 lads!!
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Mayo   Kildare vs Mayo - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 3:43 am

Johnny aka god is staying on for another year, and he liked my status on facebook! this is the best day ever since I lost my virginity haha...
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Mayo   Kildare vs Mayo - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 3:49 am

Tomas did well today - no doubt and fair play to him. Still think Fogarty can be a better all round forward and more liable to really give the big teams something to think about on the big day...but I realise I'm not going to win that argument today! What about Paddy Brophy though - still under 21 and six monstrous points from play today.

Thought it was the younger lads who really stood up today - Brophy, Hyland, Hurley, O'Grady, Moolick, McNally, F. Conway, Mulhall.

Centre of defence and full back remain a worry - have to agree. Our goal led a charmed life there in the first half and we were made pay with their two second half goals.

But full marks to both teams for going at it hammer and tongs for 70 minutes. Have seen enough sh1te league games in Conleths over the years to appreciate a humdinger like that one and to win it with a score like that warmed the cockles! Cill Dara Abu.
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Mayo   Kildare vs Mayo - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 4:19 am

As I posted earlier I too have concerns regarding our defence but to be fair the goals came from two of our more experienced players giving away the ball, at that stage we had all the ball and were indulging ourselves a bit, half backs were being drawn out to support the guy in possession which resulted in us being wide open when it broke down and it broke down far to easily at times.

Aside from that it was a very enjoyable game to watch, score 2-19, have a 6 point lead, loose that, go behind and then comeback and win it, Jesus it was some roller coaster ride but then good Kildare teams have always been like that.

Its never easy being a Kildare supporter!!
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Mayo   Kildare vs Mayo - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 4:29 am

Has there been a better league match in Conleths? 2-17 from play I think and some outstanding performances all over the field.
A few negatives as always.
Connolly is a great shot stopper but dreadful when he tries to play football out the field.
Centreback is still a problem but Conway did play well when he came on.
Foley is well short of his best and was badly caught out for the 2nd goal.
However the positives far outweigh all those and the will to win was great to see in the closing stages.
You would have to wonder why it has taken Murnaghan so long to make it for Kildare as he has been magnificent in the last two games. O'Grady looks better with each game and hopefully has learned his lesson for that messing about at the end.
We have a few more options at half back now and some scoring forwards other than JD.
We should beat Westmeath in the last match and one more win should be enough to stay up.
Great feeling walking back to the car today, thank God we didn't agree to move the game to Croker!
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Mayo   Kildare vs Mayo - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 5:02 am

We're we asked to move it to Croker ?
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Mayo   Kildare vs Mayo - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 5:11 am

Well done to Kildare on getting the win after it looked like we'd thrown it away. It was a great game to watch - all out attack by both teams with not much emphasis on defending. I'm not sure we can win the big games playing like this as we are way too open at the back - but that's for another day.

Mayo caused us all sorts of problems at the start by running at the centre of our defence. Bringing Fergal Conway on helped in this regard. Our kick-outs were poor again. It seems to take Shane Connolly ages to make up his mind by which time any free man is picked up. I thought Daryl Flynn should have been brought on earlier. I don't think Chalky is good enough at competing in the air - he gives away a lot of frees.

On the plus side, Paddy Brophy looks to be totally rejuvenated this year. 6 points from play against Mayo is some return. I thought Eoghan O'Flaherty was just as good. Tomas O'Connor showed how good he can be if he's played properly and we don't just lamp high balls into him. His 2 points where he fisted dropping balls over the bar were class. Darroch Mulhall did well but he needs to show a bit of composure sometimes when shooting. Mick O'Grady had a great game at corner back and I thought Kevin Murnaghan also did well.

A good start to the league considering we have an inexperienced team at the moment. Well done lads!
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Mayo   Kildare vs Mayo - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 5:16 am

Great win, very open game, love the attack and the way they aren't afraid to take on players. TOC and Brophy were great. Too much handpassing but I suppose its a tactic to open up play?

O'Grady to me isn't a corner back, can't mark and miles behind his man, Connolly should know better at this stage. We give away too many soft frees which resulted in scores. But again great working win 2-19 wow
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Mayo   Kildare vs Mayo - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 5:31 am

A great win, scoring 2.19 and only winning by a point is a bit of a worry!! Mayo missed I think it was 4 goals in the first half, 2 going over the bar and 2 excellent saves by Connolly!

Great performances from Brophy, Flats, Murno and I thought O Grady was very good as well.

Cork beat WM by 8 points today and won whatever the pre season comp is called in Munster so they are on good form as well but no reason for Kildare to fear them.
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Mayo   Kildare vs Mayo - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 5:35 am

A great win for the lads today, some outstanding scores taken by lilies but also some very easy scores given away while we were in possession, turned over to easily at times..... our keeper made some top notch saves but also has a lot of work to do on his kick outs and looks very dodgy when he has ball in hand....hard to argue with the 2 black cards. Also I thought our management on the line made some good changes at the right times and this helped to tighten things up especially in the first half when Mayo were on top. Overall a good start for our lads and the prophets of doom will have to wait another week to come out of hiding and preach the you know who bible to us mere mortals......  Wink Wink Wink Wink  only joking lads.... CILL DARA ABU....
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Mayo   Kildare vs Mayo - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 5:43 am

getting into grounds today was joke
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Mayo   Kildare vs Mayo - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 5:49 am

Top game for this time of year.

We gifted Mayo a third of their scores by stupid hand passes getting intercepted.  We need to be more accurate when in tight spaces.
I thought the ref was a lot quicker to blow for a Mayo player than a Kildare one. They clocked up a lot from frees.
In saying that the two black cards were correct. They have definitely opened up the games for the forwards.

Brophy was a class apart and was deservedly MOTM.  But he was ably assisted by McNally, O'Connor Flats, Hurley and Mulhall. The backs were loose enough but as has been said we were six points up and cruising when Moolick gave a terrible hand pass which they scored their first goal from on the counter.
Flynn did really well when he came on and won a few possessions that won the game.

What was really impressive was that we had so many new and young lads playing today. Brophy, Cribbin, Hurley, Hyland who looked brilliant when he came on, Conway, Moolick, Mulhall and probably another couple who's age I'm not sure off. That was the pleasing thing. They played with no fear.
Roll on Cork.
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Mayo   Kildare vs Mayo - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 5:54 am

fone wrote:

I agree. There was one big long queue for the season ticket stile that everybody joined even though half the people didn't have season tickets. When they realised, they had to go to another queue to get tickets or get in.

All it needed was a few stewards to tell people where they had to go. Why do we get it wrong so often?
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Mayo   Kildare vs Mayo - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 6:06 am

JohnnyC wrote:
fone wrote:

I agree. There was one big long queue for the season ticket stile that everybody joined even though half the people didn't have season tickets. When they realised, they had to go to another queue to get tickets or get in.

All it needed was a few stewards to tell people where they had to go. Why do we get it wrong so often?
b they could find scanners at one stage today for barracks end,
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Mayo   Kildare vs Mayo - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 6:12 am

What do mean with your last post fone......
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Mayo   Kildare vs Mayo - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 6:17 am

they not could find scanners at start for barracks end and had sign saying seasons ticket holders here it, but people with tickets only allowed in
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Mayo   Kildare vs Mayo - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 6:25 am

Stonecold wrote:
Great win, very open game, love the attack and the way they aren't afraid to take on players. TOC and Brophy were great. Too much handpassing but I suppose its a tactic to open up play?

O'Grady to me isn't a corner back, can't mark and miles behind his man, Connolly should know better at this stage. We give away too many soft frees which resulted in scores. But again great working win 2-19 wow

That's a little harsh, he was left isolated on his man on many occasions, the half back line offered little protection to the full back line because they were bombing forward at every opportunity and were then caught in no man's land when possession was lost. I thought he recovered well mostly, that block in the first half with the side of his head was as good as a goal at the other end.

I'd be more critical of Mick Foley. He looked heavy legged and couldn't cope with the pace of the game at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Mayo   Kildare vs Mayo - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare vs Mayo
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next