Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

kildare v derry

Go down 
+43
reichenhall
micky murphy
Sam1928
Shergar
ixus
Cranky
jj
Dido
Athyman
Wonder48
Dinny Breen
Bad News Baba
kickingking
kelf
Taibi
abl
Gaa1928
LillieLad
OutTheGap
flourman
shortgrass
The observer
Westside
overthebar
kildaregaa365
TommyKeegan
if_in_doubt
murof
Ogie
shoutitout
Ohtoohtobe
totalgaa
KILL BILL
topcat
Botch
tomoneillandhissisteranne
lilywhites on tour
lineball
lollypop
Stonecold
SeamusMurphy
lillyboy
Jimmy winning matches
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

kildare v derry - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: kildare v derry   kildare v derry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 8:28 pm

KILL BILL wrote:
Apathy is rampant

Troll-phobia
Back to top Go down
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: kildare v derry   kildare v derry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 9:36 pm

Going but almost trying to convince myself not to.

As for the changes there has to be some. You cant pick the same players in the same positions and expect something to change by itself. IMO we are too slow around the middle of the park and if the players or the system does not change this week then I really dont hold out much hope for us.

Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v derry   kildare v derry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 10:35 pm

Stonecold wrote:
KILL BILL wrote:
Apathy is rampant

Troll-phobia

Nail on the head
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: kildare v derry   kildare v derry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 11:26 pm

Ogie wrote:

Nail on the head

We've moved on from the Geezerite and having an agenda to "Troll".

Accuse someone of being a troll when an opinion they express doesn't tally with yours.

Unsurprising who its coming from considering his ability to debate comes down to pictures he can find through google.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v derry   kildare v derry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 12:22 am

Walter White wrote:
Ogie wrote:

Nail on the head

We've moved on from the Geezerite and having an agenda to "Troll".

Accuse someone of being a troll when an opinion they express doesn't tally with yours.

Unsurprising who its coming from considering his ability to debate comes down to pictures he can find through google.

Interesting you took my comment to refer to yourself... I just got bored with the similar style of playground insulting - which let's face it, had nothing to do with debating - that was emerging from both 'sides' of the McGeeney argument and got bored of every topic reverting to that. I found it grating, even from people who were on the same 'side' as me, and everyone knows what my opinion was/is.

Having done a lot of debating as it happens (I don't get if the comment about the pictures on google are something that I actually did or just a ways of somehow insulting me - sorry if it's the latter, went right over my head) - but yeah, I did a lot of proper debating back in the distant lands of time and while you've got to be tough and getting at the opponent psychologically is a part of it, insults aren't.

I wasn't referring to you specifically Walter - I was referring to the whole trend of classlessly insulting someone who has "an opinion they express (that) doesn't tally with yours". Like I say, quite enlightening you took it so personally.

There is a paradox to this post, in that it is again part of a 'you're a dick, no you're a dick' shtick, but hey, I'm human, I can't help myself sometimes. I promise I won't do it again for a while.

Hope Kildare win on Sunday but will be pleased with a good performance. Being in transition at a level above yours exposes your weaknesses much more glaringly than in a more forgiving environment.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v derry   kildare v derry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 2:01 am

" Hope Kildare win on Sunday but will be pleased with a good performance. Being in transition at a level above yours exposes your weaknesses much more glaringly than in a more forgiving environment. "
Agree with that Ogie but it also plays havoc with players' confidence and belief in themselves as a team. It's hard to imagine Westmeath having much confidence going into the championship.
On another matter there was a good interview with Barry Solan in the Nationalist this week, certainly gives the impression he can make progress with Kildare.
In the same paper there was a picture of Daryl Flynn looking lean and fit, but you couldn't say the same for the poor ref trying to keep up with him!
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v derry   kildare v derry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 2:09 am

Just ignore him Walter, he never ever has anything good to say about anything or anybody, he loves a good whinge, the picture he uses tell you all you need to know, about his level alright. he seems well balanced - a chip on each shoulder. more like Moaning Minnie.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v derry   kildare v derry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 2:17 am

Not to you Ogie by the way, it's our wrestler friend / keyboard warrior.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: kildare v derry   kildare v derry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 2:32 am

KILL BILL wrote:
Just ignore him Walter, he never ever has anything good to say about anything or anybody, he loves a good whinge,  the picture he uses tell you all you need to know,  about his level alright.    he seems well balanced - a chip on each shoulder.  more like Moaning Minnie.

Like what? Trying to stick to the thread title's regarding present day displays rather than it constantly getting hijacked by the same old Geezer/County board discussion, enthused by our forward play so far this year and our long range point taking, disappointed by our backs, saying its easier to fix a problem in the backs than in the forwards, that Ryan should be judged on the championship not on the league, that if we belong in Division 2 so be it if we can develop a panel and style, by hoping that Kildare would beat Kerry, Derry & Westmeath to stay up......... yes I'm the whinger/pessimist alright
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v derry   kildare v derry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 3:38 am

murof wrote:
" Hope Kildare win on Sunday but will be pleased with a good performance. Being in transition at a level above yours exposes your weaknesses much more glaringly than in a more forgiving environment. "
Agree with that Ogie but it also plays havoc with players' confidence and belief in themselves as a team. It's hard to imagine Westmeath having much confidence going into the championship.
On another matter there was a good interview with Barry Solan in the Nationalist this week, certainly gives the impression he can make progress with Kildare.
In the same paper there was a picture of Daryl Flynn looking lean and fit, but you couldn't say the same for the poor ref trying to keep up with him!

Absolutely... which is why I don't buy into the whole line of the importance of Division 1 for a county like Kildare unless in a good position to compete. Even last year, they could easily have lost the first three games they won and ultimately, it served in no way to help the championship campaign. It would have been great for the 2009-2010 team alright perhaps.

But the Mail today has an article about how it's all gone pear-shaped for Jason Ryan. "Who would have guessed when they produced such theatrics to beat Mayo that they'd be in this miss" type of line. I don't get that at all. Anyone would have guessed it. That was the first week of February. It had little relevance in the grand scheme. It was just nice for Kildare supporters, the players and the new management. This time 12 months ago then, things couldn't have been rosier in the garden! Championship is what counts. If Kildare reach a Leinster final it'll be a big success I think. It's achievable but it'll be difficult.
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: kildare v derry   kildare v derry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 3:43 am

At the risk of sounding optimistic and being accused of not giving the league enough importance it's probably worth pointing out that our best championship performances over the last few years came on the back of Division Two football.

In 2010 we were nearly relegated and in 2011 whilst only a point or two off top spot we were still fifth in the final standings.

Along with that Jason Ryan got Wexford to an All Ireland semi off the back of a Division Three title in 2008.

Bring on Division Two and a return to the quarter and semi finals next year.

On the Derry game, like the Dublin one I think it's more important to get a good performance out of it at least, hopefully it works out a bit better this time around though. A bit of game time into the likes of Doyle, Bolton, Leper, Smith and the Kelly's would be a bit of a boost too, hopefully by the end of the league there's a bit more of an idea what our championship team will be.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v derry   kildare v derry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 3:44 am

I have been happy enough with what I have seen this year to be honest.  Its been a good experience for this new look team and hopefully they will pick up things as they go along and be ready for champ.  Its def not all doom and gloom.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v derry   kildare v derry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 3:49 am

Not going naturally enough and honestly, don't think I would were I in the country. Remember going to a game in Ballinascreen many years ago, Sperrins were frozen solid and closelt I've come to hypothermia. Get close and it'll be a massive improvement, and would like to see us get close in a low-scoring game rather than the forwards having to hit 2-16 to lose narrowly. Don't think result really matters at this stage either way as we've been relegated.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: kildare v derry   kildare v derry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 7:23 am

totalgaa wrote:
I just wonder if we will have any support on Sunday. Apart from the few die hards on Tom Cross's Bus I have yet to meet anybody that is actually travelling to the game. It would be interesting on here to see how many of us are going, no debate just a simple reply, "Going" or Not Going".
I'll start the ball rolling

Not Going  

Going of course
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v derry   kildare v derry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 9:13 am

I hear a few changes for Sundays match......and not just on the starting team.......
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v derry   kildare v derry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 9:21 am

Go on...
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: kildare v derry   kildare v derry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 9:25 am

overthebar wrote:
I hear a few changes for Sundays match......and not just on the starting team.......  

Changes to the subs too so...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: kildare v derry   kildare v derry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 9:33 am

if_in_doubt wrote:

Bring on Division Two and a return to the quarter and semi finals next year.

lol! 
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v derry   kildare v derry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 9:54 am

pm you TK
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v derry   kildare v derry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 8:22 pm

Fill us all in OTB..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: kildare v derry   kildare v derry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 10:58 pm

Whats the big secret about team selection for a National League game?
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v derry   kildare v derry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 11:42 pm

Daryl Flynn was in line to start Derry game, left training last night on crutches after doing ankle ligaments, out for 4 to 6 weeks, also a number of players have left the panel for discipline reasons....from what I was told, Darroch Mulhall injured 50/50 if he plays.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: kildare v derry   kildare v derry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 12:28 am

overthebar wrote:
Daryl Flynn was in line to start Derry game, left training last night on crutches after doing ankle ligaments, out for 4 to 6 weeks, also a number of players have left the panel for discipline reasons....from what I was told, Darroch Mulhall injured 50/50 if he plays.....

A number of players have been left out from the panel?

Or have a number of players left the panel?

It would seem strange to me that players would "leave" the panel for discipline reasons.
Back to top Go down
Westside
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: kildare v derry   kildare v derry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 1:07 am

A few players have been dropped for the weekend for disciplinary reasons. You'll see who they are on Sunday, two definite starters from what i hear.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v derry   kildare v derry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 1:11 am

Not getting into debate that's raged here, but this is relevant. Always a danger when things start to go wrong for a group - after a manager they wanted was moved along without their input taken into account - then this could happen. Human nature in any business or group really including football.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: kildare v derry   kildare v derry - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

kildare v derry
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next