Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

kildare v derry

Go down 
+43
reichenhall
micky murphy
Sam1928
Shergar
ixus
Cranky
jj
Dido
Athyman
Wonder48
Dinny Breen
Bad News Baba
kickingking
kelf
Taibi
abl
Gaa1928
LillieLad
OutTheGap
flourman
shortgrass
The observer
Westside
overthebar
kildaregaa365
TommyKeegan
if_in_doubt
murof
Ogie
shoutitout
Ohtoohtobe
totalgaa
KILL BILL
topcat
Botch
tomoneillandhissisteranne
lilywhites on tour
lineball
lollypop
Stonecold
SeamusMurphy
lillyboy
Jimmy winning matches
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
The observer
Senior
Senior

kildare v derry - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: kildare v derry   kildare v derry - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 1:22 am

Do we know what the disciplinary reasons are or the players involved ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: kildare v derry   kildare v derry - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 1:48 am

And these players cannot be named here because?

I wonder what the disciplinary reasons were. Any manager who has ever managed in Kildare spoke of the players commitment being the best they've ever managed and second to none.

It's strange that a number of players have been dropped.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v derry   kildare v derry - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 2:07 am

players are from jtb out on beer
Back to top Go down
shortgrass
Senior
Senior
shortgrass

PostSubject: Re: kildare v derry   kildare v derry - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 2:14 am

team named for Sunday:

1.  Shane Connolly

2.  Mick O’Grady

3.  Michael Foley

4.  David Hyland

5.  Hugh McGrillen

6.  Gary White

7.  Keith Cribbin

8.  Tommy Moolick

9.  Hugh Lynch

10. Cathal McNally

11. Mikey Conway

12. Eoghan O’Flaherty

13. Paddy Brophy

14. Tomás O’Connor

15. Darroch Mulhall
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v derry   kildare v derry - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 2:36 am

Mr Hurley been out for a few sociables again or is he injured?
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v derry   kildare v derry - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 2:38 am

Have those players been dropped from the team for this match or from the panel altogether?

Pity Daryl got injured as we could have done with him in midfield. I'm glad Chalky is getting a chance at centre-back. Not sure Hugh Lynch and Mikey Conway are mobile enough for this level.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v derry   kildare v derry - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 2:45 am

Fuck pity about Daryl, good too see Hughie Lynch back in the team hope he gets back to the 2011 form.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v derry   kildare v derry - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 2:49 am

Good to see something different beiong tried at half back and midfield. Not sure about Conway at 11 though, was that not tried last year and didn't work particularly well?
Walter have you forgotten a few disciplnary incidents involving Kildare players in the 90's? I think some future All Stars were dropped for going on the beer at some stage during the league.
It happens to a lot of counties at various stages and shouldn't be seen necessarily as a decline in commitment and standards under Ryan. One of those players dropped was also dropped by McGeeney a few years ago. Its up to those players to decide whether the have the discipline to do what it takes to play inter county football.
Back to top Go down
Westside
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: kildare v derry   kildare v derry - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 2:55 am

Apparantly Ciaran Fitzpatrick flying in training surprised he hasnt been given a chance given the form of the full back line.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v derry   kildare v derry - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 3:00 am

.. and the player murof is referring to was dropped on numerous occasions by the previous regime.

WW however will conveniently forget that.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v derry   kildare v derry - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 3:03 am

Weren't Gooch and Tomas O Se dropped by Kerry for disciplinary reasons in 2009? The form Mark Lynch has been in, it will require a very good performance from chalky to shut him down. Chalky is not a particularly good man marker but may stop some of the other problems we have been having with teams running at us.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v derry   kildare v derry - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 3:07 am

Delighted to hear about Fitzpatrick too always rated him!! be an option for full or corner back!! Even though we look to be getting relegated we have some good owl options to come back!!
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v derry   kildare v derry - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 3:13 am

No Kevin Murnaghan, ????, is he injured as he has been playing better than Hugh all year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: kildare v derry   kildare v derry - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 3:28 am

flourman wrote:
.. and the player murof is referring to was dropped on numerous occasions by the previous regime.

WW however will conveniently forget that.

flourman I suggest you back up that digger there.

I don't conveniently forget anything unlike some people around here.

I think I remember quite a few on here question the previous regime's handling of that whole scenario.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: kildare v derry   kildare v derry - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 3:54 am

Injuries aside I'm a bit disappointed he is still sticking with O'Grady, Foley & McGrillen combination. I'd prefer Flats at 11, good to see Hugh back
Back to top Go down
abl
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: kildare v derry   kildare v derry - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 4:11 am

shortgrass wrote:
team named for Sunday:

1.  Shane Connolly

2.  Mick O’Grady

3.  Michael Foley

4.  David Hyland

5.  Hugh McGrillen

6.  Gary White

7.  Keith Cribbin

8.  Tommy Moolick

9.  Hugh Lynch

10. Cathal McNally

11. Mikey Conway

12. Eoghan O’Flaherty

13. Paddy Brophy

14. Tomás O’Connor

15. Darroch Mulhall

Keith Cribben has been taken off the last 2 games as he has not played well yet he starts again
Mick Foley has been bad in all our games so far yet keeps his place
Hugh McGrillen has been poor all year aswell yet keeps his place
David Hyland should be a halfback
E O Flaherty moved to suit Conway now thats a major step backwards in my opinion
Murnaghan and Conway dropped.They deserve their places more than 3 of that back 6.
Finally he will try out Chalky at centreback and we will see if he is up to it or not
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v derry   kildare v derry - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 5:35 am

Happy with that team apart from Murnaghan's dropping. Good to see him trying out a few more players. Not much point plodding along with the same team every week and getting our arses handed to us.

Don't rate Keith Cribbin at all, not inter county material IMO. Not sure why he is being persisted with at wing back.

Last edited by Taibi on Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: kildare v derry   kildare v derry - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 5:40 am

No JD, Callaghan, Niall Kelly, Alan Smith. Derry know a win will almost guarantee them a semi final spot.

I see this going only one way
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v derry   kildare v derry - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 10:42 am

Walter W

Are u saying none of those 4 are in the match day squad ???
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: kildare v derry   kildare v derry - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 11:24 pm

Are any of the players who have been out injured likely to feature off the bench?
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v derry   kildare v derry - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 12:55 am

Maybe I will get chewed up for this, but sorry Folks, a couple of Young Fellas went for a few pints and clubbing last Weekend, and get dropped / disiplined for doing so.. There was no County Match last Weekend, so I assume they were playing with their Clubs... Sur what harm were they doing?
Maybe SKY Sports will Headline it when they hear !!
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

PostSubject: Re: kildare v derry   kildare v derry - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 1:44 am

Unfortunately fellahs cant get away with that anymore. Its all or nothing in the eyes of some; you make the sacrifices or dont. The old days which my oul lad describes them when you went to the pub after training and even some left the pub to go training are well and truly over, as you cant get away with that in the modern game, even at club level!
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: kildare v derry   kildare v derry - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 2:17 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Maybe I will get chewed up for this, but sorry Folks, a couple of Young Fellas went for a few pints and clubbing last Weekend, and get dropped / disiplined for doing so.. There was no County Match last Weekend, so I assume they were playing with their Clubs... Sur what harm were they doing?

I would agree with you there Seamus. After the last four games and the tripe served up by Ryan he should have let them all go out and blow off some steam to clear their heads.

It's a pity Jason Ryan didn't suspend himself.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v derry   kildare v derry - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 5:07 am

Baba O' Reily wrote:
SeamusMurphy wrote:

I would agree with you there Seamus. After the last four games and the tripe served up by Ryan he should have let them all go out and blow off some steam to clear their heads.

It's a pity Jason Ryan didn't suspend himself.

Jesus, you really are a gobshite.

Ryan is right to drop these lads. You can't be a pushover if you're the manager. Hurley has previous, don't know the lad at all but I can only assume he's some sort of idiot. There's no way you can get away drinking if you're an inter county footballer.

We really are a laughing stock.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v derry   kildare v derry - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 5:31 am

yeah I agree he had to drop them, McGeeney did the same with Sean anyways.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: kildare v derry   kildare v derry - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

kildare v derry
Page 3 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next