Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2015 season

Go down 
+38
lomond
Flamingo
lillyboy
Frankel
reichenhall
hawker
micky murphy
Big Full Back
lilly-exile
shoeshine
Gaa1928
Onhisboot
lilysavage
flourman
paddyr
Ogie
Fear An Geata
lilywhites on tour
Shergar
kelf
jimmers
Morrissey
if_in_doubt
topcat
johnsmyth
kildaregaa365
kickingking
murof
OutTheGap
shoutitout
Ohtoohtobe
Kildare98
Rex
jj
SeamusMurphy
losthope
LillieLad
Jimmy winning matches
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

2015 season - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2015 season   2015 season - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 8:35 am

jimmers wrote:
Interesting perspective from Jason Ryan

http://www1.skysports.com/gaelic-football/news/12040/9641826/gaa-tommy-moolick8217s-suspected-cruciate-injury-angers-kildare-boss-jason-ryan
this ryan second dig at colleges over use on inter county plays , is jason ryan feeling a bit pressure to get things right this year
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2015 season   2015 season - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 9:01 am

fone wrote:
jimmers wrote:
Interesting perspective from Jason Ryan

http://www1.skysports.com/gaelic-football/news/12040/9641826/gaa-tommy-moolick8217s-suspected-cruciate-injury-angers-kildare-boss-jason-ryan
this ryan second dig at colleges over use on inter county plays , is jason ryan  feeling a bit pressure to  get  things right this year
I don't agree with a lot of his interviews but I definitely agree with him on this.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2015 season   2015 season - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 9:13 am

well if ryan questions why colleges teams are in o byrne why start the league in january and scrap the o byrne. the colleges do not care about o byrne cup they using it prepartion the sigerson cup
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2015 season   2015 season - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 9:22 am

Ah player wellfare has to be taking into account too. Playing a midfielder 3 times in a week is bad aul management. Counties should have first pick too imo. I'd say it was awkward as fuck for Tommy and Niall today.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2015 season   2015 season - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 9:28 am

LillieLad wrote:
Ah player wellfare has to be taking into account too. Playing a midfielder 3 times in a week is bad aul management. Counties should have first pick too imo. I'd say it was awkward as fuck for Tommy and Niall today.
that agreement the colleges have with leinster gaa , mulhall frizpatrick has played three games in a week as well
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2015 season   2015 season - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 9:29 am

LillieLad wrote:
that agreement the colleges have with  leinster gaa ,  mulhall  frizpatrick   has played three games in a  week as well
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2015 season   2015 season - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 9:31 am

Just sickened over this. I thought this season might be a big one for Moolick after his great form towards the end of the last one. Now he might miss the whole thing or at the very best have his run-in to the bigger games disrupted.
And for what? Has anyone, apart from those directly involved, ever given the slightest f*** how a college team does?
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2015 season   2015 season - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 9:35 am

Ohtoohtobe wrote:
Just sickened over this. I thought this season might be a big one for Moolick after his great form towards the end of the last one. Now he might miss the whole thing or at the very best have his run-in to the bigger games disrupted.
And for what? Has anyone, apart from those directly involved, ever given the slightest f*** how a college team does?
I agree with this.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2015 season   2015 season - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 9:39 am

any have feel how leixlip gaa must feel if starplayer gone for long time
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2015 season   2015 season - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 9:50 am

fone wrote:
LillieLad wrote:
that agreement the colleges have with  leinster gaa ,  mulhall  frizpatrick   has played three games in a  week as well
The GAA have a lot of agreements that don't take players welfare into account. They shouldn't have played 3 games in a week either Mulhall was taking off today, so was Fitzpatrick if either of them got injured I would have been fairly pissed off. I hope the injury is not as bad as first feared for Leixlip, Kildare's and DCU's sake when their in the sigerson.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2015 season   2015 season - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 8:01 pm

fone wrote:
LillieLad wrote:

Look at the minutes though. Moolick played every minute, at midfield. Fitzy was taken off in two games as was Mulhall. As Ryan said afterwards, they had three substitutes decided before the game and at what time they were going to be made.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2015 season   2015 season - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 8:03 pm

fone wrote:
any have feel how  leixlip gaa must feel if starplayer  gone for long time

UCD were saying after that they reckoned it was medial, which would be seven or eight weeks. Fingers crossed for him.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2015 season   2015 season - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 8:09 pm

fone wrote:
well if ryan questions why colleges teams are in o byrne why start the league in january and scrap the o byrne.  the colleges do not care about o   byrne  cup they using it  prepartion  the sigerson cup

That's not really the point, county teams don't care about OBC, they're using it as preparation for the league. But they're miles ahead in terms of fitness and preparation and their involvement means the 3 games in eight days, which is some laugh for an organisation bleating about burnout, player welfare... and this for players that because of an ill-conceived training ban, wouldn't be long back in training.

In fairness, Jason Ryan is only repeating what most inter-county managers think - McGeeney, Harte, McGuinness etc are just some of those who have said the same and I am in total agreement.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2015 season   2015 season - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 8:36 pm

+1
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: 2015 season   2015 season - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 8:44 pm

I said last week that because this was a winner go through situation there might be a little bite in the game, I couldn't have been more wrong. UCD were very poor, Kildare never had to move out of second gear.
Hard to judge what way we sit with the league on the Horizon. DIT at the weekend probably won't give us any more indications either. A final against Meath or Dublin however will be perfect preparation for the opening league game.

We looked decent yesterday given the poor conditions and on a heavy pitch. Standouts for me were, Fitzpatrick, Chalky and Mulhall and Doyle. Honourable mentions to Dowling, Leper and Lynch.

Mulhall if he stays fit is a bonus. Took some great scores and his free taking is not bad either. If he learned when to offload the ball a little earlier when needed and work to improve the partnership with Tomas then he could be a big player for Kildare.

Midfield was solid, did a lot of graft and put in a lot of mileage. Chalky played very well, hit hard, tackled well and linked the defence and attack well.

Fitzpatrick is playing out of his skin and since he came back into the team last year looks at ease. Great to see a player get another chance a grab it with both hands.

Eoin Doyle looks a real footballer, in that I mean he never looks under pressure and seems to do the right thing at the right time. A half back line of Bolton, Doyle and Conway could be very good.
Actually the defence looks a lot tighter this year. Throw in a full back line with Kelly, Lyons and Fitzpatrick with a sweeper in front and it looks solid.

I was looking to see how O'Donoughue got on but he must have got injured as he was substituted early on. Unfortunate for him, but McNally did well when he came on and won a lot of ball around the middle.

All things considered, I think we can be happy with where we are.

One other thing, Niall Kelly looked completely out of sorts, scored one lovely point but hardly touched the ball. Bad news concerning Moolick just when he was starting to prosper. He was UCD's best player until he got injured.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2015 season   2015 season - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 9:52 pm

Team is shaping up nicely, as Rex eludes too.

The defense looks a lot more stable and with likes of Lyons / Bolton / Conway / P Cribben to come in.

One that encourages me more than anything is the level of intensity in the tackle, which to me has been missing since 2010/2011 : the last 3 years we have been very weak in the tackle, and were just pulling and dragging opponents rather than tackling properly. I really hope it continues.

If we can have a clean bill of health going into League / Championship that would be a major plus - hasn't happened in a long time.

I only hope that Mollick's injury is not too serious and also isn't the start of our annual injury list.

Oh and Eoin Doyle looks a beast of a footballer - that's all.
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2015 season   2015 season - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 10:22 pm

It's early days and the opposition we have played hasn't been great, but the most encouraging thing for me so far this year is that we do look better defensively. The backs have been tighter on their men and no big gaps have been appearing down the middle of our defence so far. The fact that Peter Kelly, Eoin Doyle and Ciaran Fitzpatrick are injury free this year has obviously made a big difference and I think the way we set up with a sweeper also is a big help. I thought Daryl O'Brien played the sweeper role well yesterday. He was quick to move across when we're in trouble and get a tackle in. Ollie Lyons, Fergal Conway and Emmet Bolton still have to come back so hopefully we can keep up the defensive improvement. We are not going to score 21 points against the better teams so we have to be solid.

This time last year, we were winning games but also conceding 3 or 4 goal chances every game through teams running through our defence. The sooner we can be tested against one of the better teams (Dublin or Meath) the better.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2015 season   2015 season - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 10:25 pm

First of all best wishes to Tommy and hope he wont be out for long. Last year we were without Kelly, Doyle and Fitzpatrick for most of the season. Add in the drop in form of Foley and McGrillen and is it any wonder we struggled in defense.
We have the prospect of a stong squad going into the league and I think promotion is a realistic aim for us. I would worry about midfield as we seem to be short in numbers there and cant afford any more injuries. Pity that Brophy doesn't seem to be getting a run there or is he an option anymore?
The O'Byrne Cup is all about getting your team ready for the league and it seems to be working well for us in that regard but it should be confined to counties only.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: 2015 season   2015 season - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 4:39 am

We'll have a solid enough defence if all the lads are fit but the backup might not be as strong now with Foley and McGrillen gone. Is Mick O'Grady injured at the moment? Gavin Farrell is a good prospect but I'm not convinced he is a corner back.

The midfield options beyond the obvious two or three lads (Lynch, O'Neill, White) are thin enough now as well if Moolick is out for a while. I don't think Conor Brophy is on the panel Murof. Surprising considering what a good 2014 he had at club level and our lack of a settled midfield for a few years.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2015 season   2015 season - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 4:59 am

Pretty sure O'Grady is on one of the College teams for the OB cup.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: 2015 season   2015 season - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 5:45 am

flourman wrote:

He played for Trinity last year but they aren't in it.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2015 season   2015 season - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 5:49 am

Looking at all the comments from yesterdays game and no mention of Kevin Murnaghan whom I thought 'mopped up ' almost everything that went his way and was very constructive when coming from defence with the ball in hand.
Back to top Go down
Onhisboot
Intercounty
Intercounty
Onhisboot

PostSubject: Re: 2015 season   2015 season - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 6:36 am

I agree on murnaghan, specially second half, he was constantly organising and talking to those around him, I would like to see him in the sweeper role, think he could do well there
Back to top Go down
shoeshine
Junior A
Junior A
shoeshine

PostSubject: Re: 2015 season   2015 season - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 9:17 am

kickingking wrote:
flourman wrote:

He played for Trinity last year but they aren't in it.

Sorry for butting folks but according to "she who knows all" that O'Grady lad does play with Trinity .... they weren't in the OB Cup and he has been doing exams.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2015 season   2015 season - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 2:26 am

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=230098
Gonna miss 2 months, could have been worse and could have been better. Good luck in your recovery Tommy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2015 season   2015 season - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2015 season
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next