Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare minors

Go down 
+60
walsheman1
Captain1928
Kildaremad
Hang sangich
bigball
tpos
Dinny Breen
intheback
White Bridge
Fizzer
white boy
sarsno1
Botch
Landro88
Borderline
Kildare98
Shergar
Big Full Back
flourman
Ohtoohtobe
lilywhites on tour
Carburyhill
Rex
Caprea
TheHulkHoganCowardFund
OutTheGap
spot on
overthebar
Gaa1928
archie
reichenhall
lilysavage
bloodsub
Gaa2015
topcat
micky murphy
Jimmy winning matches
Bān go Lēir
Hereallweek
lollypop
kelf
jj
moatesports
steviegenius
Cilldara_2000
Lily8
Taibi
rob11
Triple H
tomoneillandhissisteranne
kickingking
Ogie
murof
kildaregaa365
lillyboy
jim
SeamusMurphy
lomond
Hurlerbehindtheditch
Kildare-Tom
64 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare minors - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 8:48 pm

Wexford are home to Louth.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 6:31 am

The semi final was confirmed for Newbridge at the last county board meeting but the Leinster GAA site has it down for Parnell Park. Mistake or has there been a change?
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 7:28 am

It was definitely fixed for Newbridge and I hadn't heard any different.. that would be a blow if so.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 7:36 am

Yes Newbridge. Says it on Leinster Leader this week on page 89
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 7:47 am

One hundred percent in Newbridge. Encouraging everyone to get and go to this match. The current senior success is being built on painstaking work at underage level and in clubs. But we need to keep it going - I'm telling you, if we beat the Dubs again and have a Kildare double bill on Leinster final day, it's another huge boost. Underage structures are why ourselves and Dublin are crushing the Leinster competition - Meath don't know their arses from their elbows - so let's keep it that way.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 7:54 am

Someone get onto the Leinster Council quick!

Kildare minors - Page 12 Capture
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 8:03 am

It was done in error - that website can be a bit shambolic. I just checked there and in another part of the site it does have it listed in Newbridge. I believe with Dublin at minor, it goes on a home-away arrangement. If you take out Croke Park 2015, we last played them in Parnell Park in 2013, so now our turn. That's my understanding!

This address...

http://leinstergaa.ie/competitions/electric-ireland-leinster-minor-football-championship-2017/
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 9:21 am

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
One hundred percent in Newbridge. Encouraging everyone to get and go to this match. The current senior success is being built on painstaking work at underage level and in clubs. But we need to keep it going - I'm telling you, if we beat the Dubs again and have a Kildare double bill on Leinster final day, it's another huge boost. Underage structures are why ourselves and Dublin are crushing the Leinster competition - Meath don't know their arses from their elbows - so let's keep it that way.

Was thinking this myself. What a boost for the seniors it would be as well if the minors beat the Dubs. Give them all the support you can. It's an inexperienced minor team and maybe doesn't have the star quality of previous ones but they certainly displayed great character and workrate the last day. It's my Dublin-born wife's 50th that day and I'm going to Newbridge so no excuses for the rest of you!!
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 10:15 am

kildaregaa365 wrote:
HauntedGraffiti wrote:

Was thinking this myself. What a boost for the seniors it would be as well if the minors beat the Dubs. Give them all the support you can. It's an inexperienced minor team and maybe doesn't have the star quality of previous ones but they certainly displayed great character and workrate the last day. It's my Dublin-born wife's 50th that day and I'm going to Newbridge so no excuses for the rest of you!!

Don't know what to say 365, how inconsiderate and lacking of loyalty. I mean marrying a Dub Wink
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 11:12 am

I was thinking back to the last time we played the Dubs in Newbridge in the semi final. That was a serious Dubs side.
We had paddy, niall and hylo.
Does anyone have the full kildare starting 15 from that day ?.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 11:53 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
I was thinking back to the last time we played the Dubs in Newbridge in the semi final. That was a serious Dubs side.
We had paddy, niall and hylo.
Does anyone have the full kildare starting 15 from that day  ?.

SCORERS - Dublin: C Costello 1-5 (0-2f), C McHugh 1-3, N Scully 0-3, N Walsh 0-2, R Gaughan, S Carthy (‘45’), Shane Cunningham 0-1 each. Kildare: N Flynn 1-1, N Kelly, P Brophy 0-2, M Sherry, W Fitzpatrick, R Fitzgibbon 0-1 each.
DUBLIN: L Molloy; E Mullan, D Byrne, R McGowan; E Lowndes, C Mulally, M Mac Donncha; Stephen Cunningham, S Carthy; R Gaughan, G Burke, N Walsh; C McHugh, C Costello, N Scully. Subs: Shane Cunningham for Gaughan (25), E Fletcher for Mac Donncha (52), D Gormley for Walsh (56), J Fitzgibbon for Mulally (61).
KILDARE: C Heaney; P Mescall, E Mahon, S O’Hagan; R Houlihan, D Hyland, D Duke; M Sherry, P Connell; S O’Flynn, N Kelly, W Fitzpatrick; C Healy, P Brophy, N Flynn.
Subs: T O’Connell for O’Hagan (38), C McMonagle for O’Flynn (42), K Mulhall for Mescall (48), R Fitzgibbon for Healy (48), O Gill for Sherry (55).
REF: D Gough (Meath
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 6:45 pm

I know Rex (and living in the place for 32 years now as well..). I was young and impressionable at the time.. To be fair to her she drove me to Tullamore last week as I was two days after surgery and couldn't drive but I wasn't missing that game!
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 6:50 pm

Hard to know what to make of our minors this year, or indeed the Leinster championship in general (with the way results have gone).
If our second half team (against Laois) turn out, we'll have a right chance.
On a straight line through Meath and Laois the form suggests we should be more than capable of making it a double header on the 16th July.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 9:39 pm

Thanks otb.. that was a decent kildare side also.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 05, 2017 6:50 am

So quiet on this thread considering we play the baby blues tomorrow.

Winners to play Louth who won a thriller tonight v Wexford.

Any news?
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 05, 2017 6:56 am

Way too quiet. Huge game this. There were - wait for it - 8000 at Cork-Tipp minor replay the other night.

Let's get out in force tomorrow night. If we keep pushing at underage, senior success is inevitable.

Playing the Dubs is always the ultimate test of a Kildare footballer. Best of luck tomorrow boys - I will be there passionately roaring you on. Cill Dara Abu.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 05, 2017 8:27 am

Named Will be announced @9am in morning
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 05, 2017 8:49 pm

Looks like there's a few changes.
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 05, 2017 9:40 pm

Best of luck to the lads tonight. Hopefully keep up the momentum built up over last few years whilst setting the tone for the senior lads next. Exciting times for Kildare GAA let's keep it going
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 05, 2017 10:27 pm

It's putting undue pressure on a relatively inexperienced group but what a signal for the future it would be if we win tonight and reach a fifth successive final at this grade to move within 60 minutes of a first three in a row for us. Huge game from that perspective. Dubs have the benefit of an extra game (and a confidence boosting one at that) but we have home advantage. Hopefully a fervent home crowd but it does seem quiet. Huge if we can win and make the 16th all about Kildare!!
Back to top Go down
Shergar
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2017 2:46 am

Best of luck to the lads tonight. If they can cope with Dublin's physical strength, they have the football. Looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
Captain1928
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2017 3:39 am

Best of luck to the lads tonight. Let's make it a double header next week.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2017 7:21 am

Hard luck to the lads tonight, Dublin just managed to get their scores a lot easier than we did, particularly that period before half time where they hit is with 1-05 without reply, Kildare did respond very well to that though scoring the next 5 points but it probably took a lot out of us to claw that back and Dublin finished the stronger.
Back to top Go down
walsheman1
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2017 7:41 am

A good effort,unlucky but Dublin very good
Back to top Go down
smokey
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2017 7:42 am

Lost the game in first 20 mins,were well on top but didn't go for the jugular. Dubs played very deep to counter attack which they did well. The centre forward for Dublin was v impressive.
Thought young Nairn was excellent Ryan on half back line and corner back Early also did well. Was a bit disappointed that we didn't run directly at Dublin in last 15 mins, played over and back eventually turned over and wide open for counter. Terrible time to go out with no second chance but I suppose that's the luck of the draw
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare minors
Page 12 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next