Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare minors

Go down 
+60
walsheman1
Captain1928
Kildaremad
Hang sangich
bigball
tpos
Dinny Breen
intheback
White Bridge
Fizzer
white boy
sarsno1
Botch
Landro88
Borderline
Kildare98
Shergar
Big Full Back
flourman
Ohtoohtobe
lilywhites on tour
Carburyhill
Rex
Caprea
TheHulkHoganCowardFund
OutTheGap
spot on
overthebar
Gaa1928
archie
reichenhall
lilysavage
bloodsub
Gaa2015
topcat
micky murphy
Jimmy winning matches
Bān go Lēir
Hereallweek
lollypop
kelf
jj
moatesports
steviegenius
Cilldara_2000
Lily8
Taibi
rob11
Triple H
tomoneillandhissisteranne
kickingking
Ogie
murof
kildaregaa365
lillyboy
jim
SeamusMurphy
lomond
Hurlerbehindtheditch
Kildare-Tom
64 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
AuthorMessage
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

Kildare minors - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2017 7:56 am

Didn't get to go due to work so you can blame me.... disappointing result but just shows once more what we are up against in Leinster. Hard luck to the lads. Last u-18 match for Kildare.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2017 8:30 am

Didn't win enough ball around the middle to win the game. The Dubs totally dominated in this area. We looked very vulnerable when they ran at us which they did, a lot. Their no.11 was excellent as was their no.3.

McDonnell, Nairn, Early and O'Neill were the best in white.

Had the pleasure of standing next to a bunch of meat-head Dubs cheering every Kildare wide and jeering when frees were about to be taken. They really are a hateful shower of gobshites.
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2017 8:33 am

Dublin centre forward was the difference between the teams. We probably lacked the marquee forward or 2 that our last few minor teams had , we just didn't have a go to man up front . Can't see that Dublin team getting near the likes of Kerry that's for sure
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2017 8:59 am

Thought we did well in most positions, just missed that accurate forward. We lacked pace in the full forward line but they were not helped by the poor ball being sent in especially the first twenty minutes. They came back into well but tired and once the gaps started to appear their 11 and 14 just ran hard at us and our lads just couldn't cope.

They kept going and gave it their all. That's all you can ask. They are a new group and will be a lot better next year.
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2017 9:18 am

Taibi. I echo that. A fucking shower of insufferable degenerate cunts. Like what the hell it's a minor game. If it was an under 6 game there'd be fuckin 10,000 of the hoors at it mouthing off. Tonight will make the 16th much more insufferable. Anyway I am ranting..........

The football - savage entertainment for a wednesday evening, and good kildare crowd. The difference between the two teams was the dublin physicality - they looked huge in comparison to our lads, something different to the last few minor KE teams. Secondly we didn't take our chances. Early in the game we should have punished them further, and had we taken a goal early on it would have breathed confidence in the team - we did have a few goal opportunities.

Their no.11 was a savage player, and they were devastating when running forward at pace. Our backs seemed to be easily cut open but in the same breath, kept them to one goal. We played some lovely football overall and when we reverted to the short game into our forwards, it cost us dearly. Our wing backs played well and no10 Brian mc Donnell, was very promising. Our support play in the forwards was poor - we left our own men on their own on a lot of occasions when creating scoring opportunities and many turned into Dublin possessions thereafter.

Overall dublin to be fair had a more of a threat up front, and their runs reaped divedends. Despite not having the physical power, in fairness management did what they could in terms of preparing the lads for this test, and they did well enough! Kildare could have won the game definitely. It was a decent performance for a team that lacks the prowess of the last few years minors, but there are a lot of very talented players in that team and I am sure we will see much more from them in the future.

Hard luck lads, ye battled very hard.
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2017 9:36 am

Best team won on the night so no complaints. If we get the same scoreline Sunday week though no one will complain. A lot of ball went in to the forward line that came straight back out and resulted in a Dublin score. We needed a goal in the second half and never looked like scoring it. Too many sideways passes. Sound familiar?

Agree with Taibi with best players. Particularly liked our goalkeeper O'Neill. Cluxton-esque in his kicking particularly in the first half - had a perfect assist for a point in that half.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2017 9:41 am

This crop definitely lacked the forward quality of previous crews - we could have done with a Robinson / Hyland / N Flynn / N Kelly. Also Dubs more polished defensively - getting cut too easily is a recurring team of Kildare underage sides.

My feeling is that the Blue Wave Version 2.0 is going to be more manageable than the first incarnation. Still, pretty bloody good, mind - just not as formidable. I also think at some point in next decade Kerry are going to take over again at national level.

When Gavin goes and/or has to build a new team, that's when we have to strike. But we have to be ruthless and also continue good underage work. Huge crowd tonight which was encouraging.

Despite lacking that bit of extra quality, very impressed with team's battling qualities. Barrett, Ryan, Kelly, McDonnell and Nairn stood out. Also Aaron O'Neill is the best Kildare underage keeper I've ever seen - his kickouts are brilliant. Also number 24 who started midfield was a handful - who was that?

Anyway more food for thought for Cian O'Neill and Ronan Sweeney - both in attendance. As was Des Cahill and - bizarrely - Blathnaid Ni Chofaigh.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2017 10:02 am

Agree on the Keeper, kickouts were pinged into lads. Short or long he was radar like. One to watch.
Back to top Go down
Dinny Breen
Senior
Senior
Dinny Breen

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2017 10:06 am

. As was Des Cahill and - bizarrely - Blathnaid Ni Chofaigh

Ha! That was her son playing full back, Cuala is also Des Cahill's club.
Back to top Go down
intheback
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2017 6:30 pm

I thought we had a lot of quality up front but the ball in gave them no chance.

Sometimes players need to be directed as well. That didn't happen I felt.
Back to top Go down
learmus
Intermediate
Intermediate
learmus

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2017 7:40 pm

Agree with a lot of the above, thought the Dubs no 11 did a serious amount of damage, we looked in trouble every time they ran down the middle. Their full back looked a decent player, although his significant size advantage was telling. Overall they looked a bigger, stronger team which makes a difference at this level. Thought a lot of our lads showed huge promise so wouldn't be too discouraged overall, feel very disappointed for the team but there are definitely positives to be taken from it. Also glad to see such a decent crowd there.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2017 7:52 pm

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
This crop definitely lacked the forward quality of previous crews - we could have done with a Robinson / Hyland / N Flynn / N Kelly. Also Dubs more polished defensively - getting cut too easily is a recurring team of Kildare underage sides.

My feeling is that the Blue Wave Version 2.0 is going to be more manageable than the first incarnation. Still, pretty bloody good, mind - just not as formidable. I also think at some point in next decade Kerry are going to take over again at national level.

When Gavin goes and/or has to build a new team, that's when we have to strike. But we have to be ruthless and also continue good underage work. Huge crowd tonight which was encouraging.

Despite lacking that bit of extra quality, very impressed with team's battling qualities. Barrett, Ryan, Kelly, McDonnell and Nairn stood out. Also Aaron O'Neill is the best Kildare underage keeper I've ever seen - his kickouts are brilliant. Also number 24 who started midfield was a handful - who was that?

Anyway more food for thought for Cian O'Neill and Ronan Sweeney - both in attendance. As was Des Cahill and - bizarrely - Blathnaid Ni Chofaigh.

Her son is an awful size of a young fella that plays with Dublin
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2017 8:58 pm

While another minor success would have been nice I think it would be more beneficial for the good minor players of the last few years to produce a provincial title at U21 level next year.
It's been too long since we won one and I think we have underachieved at this level. Our current senior team is backboned by the 2013 team.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2017 9:20 pm

murof wrote:
While another minor success would have been nice I think it would be more beneficial for the good minor players of the last few years to produce a provincial title at U21 level next year.
It's been too long since we won one and I think we have underachieved at this level. Our current senior team is backboned by the 2013 team.
it's U20 next year
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2017 10:16 pm

So are our minors from 2015 ruled out then? That would be a shame as i thought they were a really good group.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2017 10:19 pm

The Dublin no. 11 was the class act on the field, but our keeper is outsanding.
Dublin just about deserved It, they created 3 or 4 goal chances to us never looked like getting one.
Jez that FB for Dublin must have been made in a lab.. And he can play aswell.
Back to top Go down
parcel
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2017 11:51 pm

Kerwin from naas looked very good..himself and the dublin 11 stood out as proper players to me..ryan at wing back too..

The referee pulling play back for a black card when we had 3 lads breaking into their half at pace was very frustrating..probably the only time in the 2nd half where the dublin sweepers weren't set for us!!
Hard luck to the team and management!
Back to top Go down
bigball
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 07, 2017 1:36 am

Was impressed by numbers 1, 5, 10, 15.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 07, 2017 5:44 am

Why was our no.14 taken off ?, did he pick up a knock ?.. I thought he was doing ok.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 08, 2017 12:40 am

Lads is last year's minor team next year's U20 team? I thought that team was as good as 2010 team.

Shaw, O'Toole, Archbold, Masterson, Robinson, McLoughlin and Hyland all have serious potential, possibly a few more.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 08, 2017 3:49 am

Yes. Paddy woodgate mainly used as a sub last year and o Goillan from maynooth who didn't make the squad and mark Dempsey the full back are all now on the senior panel.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 08, 2017 4:29 am

We should have a strong side next year so. Those three all really good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare minors
Page 13 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13