Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare minors

Go down 
+60
walsheman1
Captain1928
Kildaremad
Hang sangich
bigball
tpos
Dinny Breen
intheback
White Bridge
Fizzer
white boy
sarsno1
Botch
Landro88
Borderline
Kildare98
Shergar
Big Full Back
flourman
Ohtoohtobe
lilywhites on tour
Carburyhill
Rex
Caprea
TheHulkHoganCowardFund
OutTheGap
spot on
overthebar
Gaa1928
archie
reichenhall
lilysavage
bloodsub
Gaa2015
topcat
micky murphy
Jimmy winning matches
Bān go Lēir
Hereallweek
lollypop
kelf
jj
moatesports
steviegenius
Cilldara_2000
Lily8
Taibi
rob11
Triple H
tomoneillandhissisteranne
kickingking
Ogie
murof
kildaregaa365
lillyboy
jim
SeamusMurphy
lomond
Hurlerbehindtheditch
Kildare-Tom
64 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare minors - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2016 2:20 pm

Couldn't agree more Ogie.

Let's hope that the young fellas are not gonna be dogged regardless of what happens.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2016 2:52 pm

Players are getting sandwiched in the middle of all this.

Games should either go ahead with everyone available or not go ahead at all.

That's the county boards call. Not a manager of one particular team (albeit a successful one).

Back to top Go down
Bān go Lēir
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2016 4:21 pm

Here we go again!! Same conversations are been hashed over as last year, its just a pity that there isn't a rule or something solid in place, and I dont know what that would be or what the best solution is. Maybe if we keep getting to all Ireland semi finals we might get use to dealing with these issues!!!

Think everybody on this forum would agree and have, that the decision should not be left to the players. However unfortunately this will not be the case, and this is not a nice situation for anybody to be in, let alone a young fella who is only starting to make it into his club senior team, something that he has probably waiting for, for years. Now because he is a decent player, hes forced to decide to "abandon" and let his club down or play "probably with the fear of getting injured" and fear of letting his county down. How can they please everybody!!!

Fact is, again its been said, but if our senior team were at this stage, nobody would be having this conversation. I know not everybody agrees with this policy, but this is the way the county board do things with seniors, so why are minors treated differently. This is an All - Ireland semi final, how many times have we got this far??!!

I've heard the argument about been under cooked, wrapped in cotton wool etc! bottom line is these lads are still developing, physically are they all able for senior championship football?? And yes they have to train, and yes they can get injured in training, but at least the minor management team have greater control over an A V B game behind closed doors, than a heated championship game in a crowded Newbridge.

And now throw in the fact the club minor is starting!! Obviously club minor has to come before club senior, but lads cant be expected to play a couple of their biggest games of the year before, another biggest game of their year.

Also, and I appreciate how important these lads are to their clubs, but again I think its an issue, and maybe not just in Kildare or even in GAA, but putting so much pressure on a young fella. Who is thought of as a game winner/changer in their early years of senior football. Club is important, County is important, but player welfare and mental well being has to come first. We need these lads to love the game and encourage them to improve and develop, not get fed up with political bullshit and discover its less hassle and more fun playing a bit of 5 aside and pints with their mates of a Saturday night.

All in all, unless the powers that be, take control and take this decision out of the players hands, they will be the biggest looser in this. Hopefully we have an All-Ireland to contend in September, this issue will obviously arise again
Back to top Go down
lollypop
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2016 5:38 pm

[quote="Taibi"]
lollypop wrote:
Three players carried knocks into the tipperary game last year resulting from a round of championship  with the clubs ,this had a huge bearing on the result imo  

This isn't true. Stop making up stories to suit your argument.

Not for the benifit of my argument i assure you , was talking to a guy on saturday who was involved last year who told me this . Wasnt aware of any injuries in the camp before monday but we have now , hopefully the 4 week break can sort these out
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2016 6:11 pm

It's up to the county board to come out with a proper rule for this. Either all players are allowed play or none are. As others have said its very unfair to put that decision back on the players themselves.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2016 7:55 pm

very well put Ban
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2016 9:57 pm

I just want to see a Kildare team prepared the best it can be to try and win an all ireland if management want to stop players playing for clubs so be it
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2016 10:11 pm

moatesports wrote:
I just want to see a Kildare team prepared the best it can be to try and win an all ireland if management want to stop players playing for clubs so be it
it all begins at club the heart and soul of gaa
Back to top Go down
Kildare-Tom
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2016 10:34 pm

Minors were told to go back & train with their clubs this week BUT seemly they are called back into county training tomorrow night...... very unfair on club managers trying to plan championship
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2016 11:06 pm

I agree it is tough on clubs but imagine the pride in the county and the lift every under age player would get if team won Markham cup it's only a few weeks away
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2016 7:21 am

I honestly don't think it is that hard on a club team once the county man comes back to the club with a good attitude and is a leader of his club team then I think it would be a good lift for the club at the right time. It would be a bit harder if you had 4 or 5 minors from the same club.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2016 10:42 am

suppose this shows that on this forum there are some people who are purely Kildare supporters and not too much club and then there are people from clubs...... different opinions..........
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2016 10:54 am

moatesports wrote:
I agree it is tough on clubs but imagine the pride in the county and the lift every under age player would get if team won Markham cup it's only a few weeks away
where did theses players learn to play gaa at local club , why those club had suffer now when club championship is on.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2016 11:13 am

Isn't it great to be having this discussion in august, when you recall the 22 barren years in leinster.
Young fellas want to play football, let them play.
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2016 11:21 am

I agree and every opinion counts the if the minor team lost the same people who give out about playing for your club would be on here giving it socks about how bad management cost us again
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2016 11:40 am

Last year it didnt work with the minors not playing with there clubs so it would be interesting to see if they did play what would the outcome be.
My own club have 1 lad on the minor team but we have a strong senior panel and dont need him as much as other teams would need there minors.
If we stop lads playing football or politics get involved as some people said you will see lads losing interest and may take up other sports etc so let them play that is what they want to do
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2016 12:09 pm

I was thinking similar stevie. . In Kerry and Tyrone they play away. In Tipp, who were in the minor and u21 finals last year, most are dual players and play away.
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2016 12:33 pm

Win the all ireland and argue the toss for the rest of the year give management all the support needed not make it club v county cill data abu
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2016 2:39 pm

micky murphy wrote:
suppose this shows that on this forum there are some people who are purely Kildare supporters and not too much club and then there are people from clubs...... different opinions..........

and some who are both types of supporter I've no doubt
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2016 4:12 pm

Injuries are part and parcel of any sport you play also my own experience playing football the more matches i played the better i felt training was for ticking over. The four week gap to the semi if players or any sports person was wrapped up there form will suffer. Look at the premiership for example if a player didnt play a match for a month but trained all the time he would be brought back in gradually a half hour here 45 min there etc so for me any players that wants to keep some sort of form has to play matches and championship match even more so.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2016 8:50 pm

I've just been told our county minors are free to play at the weekend. But are not playing under "advice ".
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2016 7:59 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
I've just been told our county minors are free to play at the weekend.  But are not playing under "advice ".

IOC type leadership by the county board if this is the case.

And by that I mean, an absence of leadership.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2016 10:31 am

Leaving it up to the players is bad form.
Hackett should just say to the players they are not allowed play and let the county board intervene then at that stage but leaving it up to individual players is placing an unfair burden on them. All will want to represent their club but will do so fearing an injury or told you so from Hackett, or if a player is close to starting on minor team he might chose not to play club and hope this promotes him over another starter that did play club.

As Ogie said, leadership on the issue is appalling.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2016 10:49 am

Hackett asked clubs not play minors this weekend
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2016 11:22 am

fone wrote:
Hackett asked clubs not  play minors this weekend

What happens next week for the club minor championship ?.

Like I said, player's have been advised by the management not to play club football.
The CB are as useful as a knitted condem.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare minors   Kildare minors - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare minors
Page 3 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next